Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ACCA 13-Territory Inspection Department
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 24, 2017 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting episode. I really character chemistry between Jean and the director. Goes to show Mauve has interest in him.

Looks like there may be a coup going on in their territory. The episode also focused on a the Royal Family and their successor. The director is more carefree than I had expected though. Now I get why she's respected a lot by the people.
Jan 24, 2017 9:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This anime is getting deeper and deeper and I love it...Also that was pretty nice how Jean got all flustered by the hot director throughout this entire episode lol

I'm not expecting any romance (Yet alone any hetero-sexual romances) in this series but I ship those two SO HARD after this episode
Jan 24, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was quite interesting.

I had a feeling Jean was just being played here and it most certainly looks like he is. Based on what Lilium says, Suspicions fall on Grossular to be the one subtly behind the Coup.
A lot more political setup with the King and his 'heir'. The King's aide is also pretty suspicious.

Well, all in all more buildup I guess. Gonna have to wait see how all this is gonna coalesce. I'm very interested in what and how things will happen now.

Also Mauve was beautiful in her dress and Lotta was so cute in hers.
Jan 24, 2017 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
This is getting more and more interesting. Jean was getting all those stares because Groshular made up that rumor. When in fact, he is the one who is going to start a coup d'état. Schwan is coming off as an idiot. He has his eyes set on Lotta. Mauve looked beautiful in her dress. Jean blushing was adorable.
Jan 24, 2017 9:43 AM

Apr 2013
This was pretty intense episode. I'm sad it ended so quickly.
Jan 24, 2017 10:04 AM
Mar 2016
Whoa, Jean is getting into deeper shit, I wonder if he's aware that Nino is spying on him ?
Jan 24, 2017 10:10 AM

Feb 2015
I feel like something bad might happen to Lotta w/her always being around Nino and now catching the prince's attention.
Dat blush. Shipping Jean with Mauve now. It would suck if she turned out to be a spy or something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2017 10:15 AM
Apr 2013
I really appreciate the slow pace of the story.
Jan 24, 2017 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
Interesting episode and I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't ship Jean with Mauve.
Jan 24, 2017 10:23 AM

Jun 2015
Good episode. I can really feel things starting to heat up, especially with that last scene that took place outside. Also, the OST is really worth praise. It really brings that extra flair that a show like this needs. I'm also really interested to see where the relationship between Jean and the Director goes. Super excited for next week's episode!!
Jan 24, 2017 10:29 AM
Nov 2016
I feel like this anime is just getting better and better. With the introduction of the royal family, a new dimension was added.

Mauve's chemistry with Jean is just so great, I think we need to ship them. Literally every young male character seems to have fallen for Jean's sister. With the coup now confirmed, it'll be interesting to see who is the actual mastermind.
Jan 24, 2017 10:38 AM
Apr 2016
This is honestlt really enticing. Can not remember when I felt such interconnection between me and what is going on the screen. I am glad such astonishing concepts come into the light at least once in a while.
Re:formed
Jan 24, 2017 11:19 AM

Feb 2016
there's so much going on that I had to rewatch the whole episode. Is it me or is almost everyone in this episode have ulterior motives??? Chef Grossular, Nino, Mauve, Lilium & Pine, the King, grey haired dude of the council, and the prince.
I'm digging this show more & more

Edit: wait there's something really off with what the Prince said. In ep 2, they said that to stop the fight in the kingdom, the current king's great father gave autonomy to the 13 districts and thus ACCA was created. Does that mean the monarchy lost the majority of its power? so why did the prince thought think he could disband ACCA? does he even have enough power to do that?
jenkkJan 24, 2017 11:33 AM
Jan 24, 2017 11:20 AM

Dec 2014
jean;s blush seemed uncallled for but things are getting more and more serious
Jan 24, 2017 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
Things are getting so cool now. Mauve wants to investigate the coup rumour more but Grossler has taken her off the case. So she's having Jean do it in her stead since he's the one travelling across the districts so, in a way he is one of the most well-informed persons about what's going on in each district. That's also why everyone is watching him. Grossler has Nino keeping an eye on him, the privy council president also has his eye on him, the chiefs of the districts are also onto him.

Jean is the one incharge of keeping the country together, but his job is also perfect for planning a coup like Grossler suspects. Lilium is against Grossler wanting ACCA to have full powers over everything so he is also planning on using Jean for himself like Mauve is. The privy council president is onto something too. He was also acting pretty suspiciously. The King has something on his mind too with how he defied all expectations by not announcing his abdication like many were expecting.

Despite Jean acting like he doesn't know anything outside his job, he knows quite some stuff. Lilium saying that he can tell when someone is lying when Jean said he didn't know about his brothers was hinting at the amount of iinformation Jean has but claims not to have. Jean is seemingly being used over here by everyone. I'm waiting for when it turns out that it was Jean who was planning the coup all along and he succeeds and reveals himself after everyone else either fails or after people stop observing him. That would be pretty cool if it happens.

There are a lot of things going on and it looks like Jean is putting together everything to get the bigger picture.
Jan 24, 2017 11:58 AM

Sep 2013
Royal family and the coming of age of the to be king.
Nino and imouto make it too:)
Lilium getting the wrong idea about Groshula, the big privy guy is obviously the bad guy.

Coup d'état Intensifies and Jean being the center of attention.
Jan 24, 2017 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
Jeans sister sure is popular with the guys.
I pity the fool who already dropped this, it's starting to get pretty intense now.
Jan 24, 2017 12:09 PM
Feb 2015
It`s pretty obvious that Jean will be the king`s grandson. This episode support it.
Jan 24, 2017 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah I thought as well that Grossular might be the one that's planning the coup. I wonder if the series is going to jump into action as well, like chasing and stuff.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 24, 2017 12:30 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Seriously...Jean is so unfazed by everything. Does he have something up his sleeve or not? So interesting to watch.

So far so good, Mauve having a high opinion of Jean.
Jan 24, 2017 12:32 PM

Dec 2016
Don't trust anyone.

Probably more than 1 person is planning the coup d'etat.
Jan 24, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2015
Didn't expect this show to have cliffhangers, but damn, this got really interesting really fast.
Jan 24, 2017 12:57 PM

Sep 2016
why is jean such a big deal for everyone? am I missing something here? has it explained already in previous episods?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 24, 2017 1:00 PM
Apr 2016
ichii_1 said:
Royal family and the coming of age of the to be king.
Nino and imouto make it too:)
Lilium getting the wrong idea about Groshula, the big privy guy is obviously the bad guy.

Coup d'état Intensifies and Jean being the center of attention.

If you pay attention to the opening he in fact is the bad guy, though he is doing out of loneliness (the moon), which makes Monarchy or the nation to be responsible for his anger, and the two tears that fall after the picture slides down his suit, which suggest that he, in fact, regrets doing that all but is sitll too angry to stop by himself. A simply show of symbolism.
Bakakyura said:
It`s pretty obvious that Jean will be the king`s grandson. This episode support it.

I initially had this idea, since it would be one of two plausible reasons why he is the centre (the other being the simple fact that he is an Inspector). Most likely he actually is a grandson of the king and the Privy President might be connected to the rule before the current king, who came to be 99 years ago. The fact that the Acca birds went extinct the same time the king was born and the ACCA was estabilished makes me look for a deeper connection. Overall this story is that kind that has the most going behind the scenes, in the past, only slowly unraveling the pattern to the viewer.
Re:formed
Jan 24, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2015
It's nice to hear Yuto Uemura and Mamoru Miyano talking together in the same scene again. Brought back a lot of good memories from Bugnou Stray Dogs.
Jan 24, 2017 1:18 PM

Dec 2015
That arrogant prince lol. King's voice seemed familiar. Need to look up the voice actor.

I don't know who is planing what at the moment. Everything seems possible. With that privy council guy talking to some other guy (after he talked to the king) it seemed like he actually was planning something. And if I understood it correctly he was the one responsible for inviting all the high-ranked ACCA members. (I think it was mentioned when the prince talked to his aide about it. // First I thought they might start assassinating everyone at that party/meeting. :D)

Maybe the privy council guy is working together with Jean - and that is why he looked at him. (Not because of some rumors like the other guy thought ...) Could make sense since the prince is useless and they don't seem on good terms. (If prince gets to power the privy council guy will lose his position.)

Groshular itself might plan something as well. (All of them might plan something lol.) But he cares for ACCA as his priority and he probably fears/knows the prince want's to abolish ACCA.

Funny thing is that the prince might start to like Jean's sister. (But I guess that won't work out. Other guy from the other department that took notice of her in episode 2 seems more realistic.)
Jan 24, 2017 1:22 PM

Sep 2012
If that prince is to take power in the future, he does deserve a coup d'état.
Jan 24, 2017 1:30 PM

Feb 2016
GangsterCat said:
why is jean such a big deal for everyone? am I missing something here? has it explained already in previous episods?

he's part of the inspection department so he's very well informed about stuff. The anime didnt point it out but in the first 3 chapters of the manga, the 5 chefs said that the department is not only useless cuz "peaceful time & stuff" but they also get their noses into everyone's business.
Jan 24, 2017 1:33 PM

Sep 2016
jenkk said:
GangsterCat said:

he's part of the inspection department so he's very well informed about stuff. The anime didnt point it out but in the first 3 chapters of the manga, the 5 chefs said that the department is not only useless cuz "peaceful time & stuff" but they also get their noses into everyone's business.
why only jean, but not his subordinates at the office (with those 3 sweets-loving girls)
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 24, 2017 1:38 PM

Feb 2016
GangsterCat said:
jenkk said:

why only jean, but not his subordinates at the office (with those 3 sweets-loving girls)

who knows? cuz he's the one always traveling lol? I'm just speculating
Jan 24, 2017 2:08 PM

Oct 2015
Very interesting episode. Great anime so far.

5/5
Jan 24, 2017 2:20 PM

Dec 2016
Things are getting interesting. I'm really curious to see how the story progresses, as of right now I find everyone really suspicious. Also, I still can't get over how comfy the style/tone of this show is. Character designs especially are top tier.
Jan 24, 2017 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
Things seem to be heating up now, there was a lot of setup stuff in this episode so I'm sure from next episode on, it'll start getting more interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 24, 2017 2:50 PM

Sep 2010
After first episode I might have underestimated this anime as with this episode especially the story has great depth.
Jan 24, 2017 3:06 PM
Oct 2008
I'm so glad only fans stayed to rate
Jan 24, 2017 4:31 PM

May 2015
Damn, Mauve is one fine looking woman without a doubt.

Jan 24, 2017 4:41 PM

Jun 2011
Avaro said:
I'm so glad only fans stayed to rate

Same. It's good that there's not a single "hurr it's boring" at the moment.

I'm really enjoying this show, the world building is great.
Jan 24, 2017 4:54 PM

Nov 2009
I doubt the coup d'etat leader is Glossular.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2017 5:20 PM

Dec 2014
Loving it. This anime exudes class.
Jan 24, 2017 5:30 PM

Jan 2015
So king loves smoking and its bad for his health, so not to provoke him seeing others people smoke, the just banned smoking huh?
Jan 24, 2017 5:41 PM

Sep 2014
Oh wow that was a really good episode. Very interesting, I'm actually looking forward to the next episode.

I'm honestly thinking after Lilium's whole speech he actually might be the one planning the Coup. Or they just have me by the tail and are fooling me.

Also the back and forth with the Prince and Maggie was pretty funny to watch.
GokuJan 24, 2017 5:45 PM
Jan 24, 2017 5:45 PM

Aug 2009
Now this episode really picked up steam.

I think one of the reasons people were initially not receptive of the series is due to Jean being hardly relatable. He very much appears to be an aloof enigma which, while intentional and justified, may make the audience feel uninvolved as well, hence the complaints about the show being boring. Furthermore, I think the first episode did have issues with pacing and "translation" of the source material into the animated form with certain scenes feeling like they just "drifted along" (I've checked the manga's first three chapters and got intrigued right away, but with the anime, it took a bit longer). But anyway, I'm just happy this is shaping up nicely.

amplified said:
I doubt the coup d'etat leader is Glossular.

That would be far too simple, wouldn't it? I assume that is just a red herring. The Privy Council guy, on the other hand, is more suspicious. And not like Mauve and Lilium are exactly looking clean either. Well, half of the characters here obviously have ulterior motives, so I wouldn't be too trusting of anyone yet.

I feel the anime is dropping hints around which will only make sense in retrospect. I wish I could marathon it.
Jan 24, 2017 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
Well with the third episode they've had an entire hour to tell us a story and they've done a pretty miserable job of it. There may be a really good story here, but we've gotten 1-1.5 episodes worth in 3, and that just isn't worth my time.
Jan 24, 2017 6:31 PM

Aug 2013
jenkk said:
GangsterCat said:

who knows? cuz he's the one always traveling lol? I'm just speculating
Like Yamada2 said, Grossler supposedly made up the rumor about Jean being the coup leader and tasked him to audit and inspect the 13 districts so that it seems like he's in the position to gather powerful allies in these districts for his coup under the guise of the ACCA inspections. So depending on whether there is actually a coup or not, or whether Jean is actually the lead conspirator, he's in a position to effectively prevent the coup before it starts or actually bring it all to fruition. At this point you can't really trust anyone, not even the main character.
beewJan 24, 2017 7:12 PM
Jan 24, 2017 7:47 PM

May 2015
The plot thickens nicely. The complexity of of what they hope to accomplish with the subterfuge is great to see.
Jan 24, 2017 8:10 PM

Aug 2014
KanonDE said:
Interesting episode and I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't ship Jean with Mauve.

Nah, me neither. I ship Jean with his sister.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 24, 2017 9:13 PM

Jun 2013
Oh buddy. Dis is gettin' gewd.
Jan 24, 2017 9:30 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, this is starting to get really good!
Jan 24, 2017 10:07 PM

Dec 2015
Of course Mamo voices the idiot proud prince.
Jan 24, 2017 10:14 PM

Feb 2015
Interesting and full of characters, certainly I can't say whats going on but it feels like this is going to get fast in any time, like there's something about to explode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2017

89 by fast2611 »»
Feb 1, 3:11 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2017

74 by milk_bun »»
Oct 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

200 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 2:37 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

143 by Netbug »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2017

109 by SenChen »»
Jun 18, 2023 1:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.