Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 19, 2015 6:44 PM

Jan 2015
OK thanks guys I will keep watching to see how it goes ;)
Oct 20, 2015 8:40 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I do feel as though the ending was a bit underwhelming. It was kinda nice to hear that quote from Mishiro, though. "I just thought it'd be nice to come out of the palace to look at the stars tonight." I also really enjoyed the choreography, but found the random cut-outs to the roof of the stadium with lights to be disappointing.

With that said, I much prefer S1 because it felt a lot more fun. S2 had some good episodes, but the main conflict between mishiro and takeP i didn't really enjoy.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Oct 21, 2015 7:55 PM

Apr 2015
4/10 and I am being too nice, I feel bad for the waifus that were ruined with this garbage. Just posted a rant review in case anyone wants to read it.
Oct 23, 2015 3:32 PM
Dec 2010
Max said:
Gsimp said:

Certainly was the
Sentences were only half
And not to mention,

Watch it legally instead of pirating and you won't experience any problems.

I'd gladly do that if there actually WAS A LEGAL WAY TO DO IT. But no, I'm not from America, nor do I own an American credit card, and using a US-based service that is region-blocking me by circumventing it with VPNs is not exactly legal either. So unless Crunchyroll, Funimation or whoever actually provides a service where I can watch ALL the shows I want to watch, well, it's still down to fansubs and occasionally YouTube.

But thanks for playing the moral apostle, I certainly feel soooo bad now.
Oct 24, 2015 7:18 AM

Apr 2012
Well it was quite a fun ride since start(January 10) till end(October 17).

guess I'll rewatch the original Idolm@ster now.
Oct 25, 2015 3:34 AM

Dec 2014
Most shittiest ending ever. #TheDisappointmentIsStrong

Oct 26, 2015 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
Fucking ruined! 3/10 for this season and 4/10 for whole series

The iDOLM@STER (2011) much better!
Oct 27, 2015 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
Ok ending i guess..
Oct 27, 2015 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
Well this has been a great ride and that was quite an acceptable ending

Sure gonna miss it
Oct 30, 2015 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
I guess, watching this series while holding an expectation that this show might be as good as 765 im@s was a mistake,to be honest, i enjoy the first season of this series more more than this one, which make me pretty sad.
Dec 12, 2015 10:10 AM

Sep 2014
Cinderella Project started very good but ended like a Trash. This season was Disappointing.
Dec 27, 2015 11:05 AM

Dec 2012
This episode made me realize that I like seeing how the audience responds to the idols' performances. Would like to see more of that in general. I also enjoyed the little bit between Producer and Mishiro. It goes to show that both lines of thinking have their merits, although depending solely on one or the other would hinder the idols' possibilities to grow. Although the performances felt too few throughout Cinderella Girls, these final ones really were exciting and captured the magic of their theme - the grand ball and precious smiles.

Such a sneaky epilogue. That whole time I was really wondering if they ended up splitting up after all. But when they came back together, it was like a big weight was lifted off my chest. Going back to what I said about the Producer and Mishiro, it goes to show that the idols needed to take on new adventures so that they could shine together with the lessons they've learned.

Well I said it when I finished 765 Pro and I'll say it here - I really do want more iM@S. I just can't get enough of it. Although I prefer the former more, this one took an interesting direction as well. Despite my initial reservations about it, I'm really satisfied with how it shaped up.

8.5/10, the final picture with Uzuki's star was much appreciated. I think that one explains itself - her wish was for them to be together again at the end of their fairy tale.
Dec 31, 2015 11:32 PM

Mar 2009
Well, I finally got around to watching the final episode, thanks to the lull between anime seasons. This one sure got a lot of hate. The drama was too much at times, but overall, I enjoyed it.

Anastasia is love. Anastasia is life.
Producer is a bro.
Jan 18, 2016 5:53 AM
Jul 2008
Xenoglossia is better
Jan 20, 2016 12:16 AM

May 2013
Prosciutto melon, huh? That's new. Like... NEW NEW GENERATIONS.

God, I hate this series. So much. But I love it, too. This may be a super unpopular opinion, given my very unfavourable comments in the past on the episodes, including season 1. In fact, I was very tempted to not watch the second season because the first one was such a huge disappointment, and it looked like for quite a while that its sequel would prove to be the same. But I digress.

I enjoyed this series far more than the "original" Idolm@ster series with 765 Pro. And let me tell you why.

The characters. Unlike 765 Pro, 346 Pro has its fair share of highly annoying and incredibly stupid girls with your few, rare mature and insightful girls. But throughout the series, most of them really grew in that you could see all facets of their personalities, their aspirations, their struggles, and their dynamics with others. I started out hating nearly every one of these girls, but as they progressed with constant mistakes and pointless drama, I believe that I got to know these girls incredibly more in comparison to those of 765 Pro, speaking of which, none of those girls really made much of an impact on me besides a few. That's where these two divisions differ. I can actually appreciate each of the Cinderella girls BECAUSE I got to see their true selves, however much I could crammed in 12 episodes (I will stand by the fact that the first season was still terrible).

And that's it. The characters are what drive the love and success of this series. You can see more detailed explanations of my enjoyment with this series through a few certain characters specifically in my comments on the past episodes' discussion boards, though I suppose I mostly praised Uzuki. However, I don't feel like going through each character and analyzing them to show why they shined so brightly in the end, though I most certainly can.

Needless to say, all I will comment on are the redeeming factors of this anime. They don't factor into how I would rate the anime entirely because the anime had its even greater share of blunders, incompetency, and weaknesses. I would only recommend this solely for the good parts, but other than that, it was quite the nightmare to watch! Still, I am also not in the mood to be criticizing, so I will leave that matter be.

Cheers to the Cinderella Girls. Cheers to the Producer. Cheers to the staff for saving this anime. Everyone will most certainly continue to face even greater challenges and obstacles. But with that comes even greater and ever better opportunities and successes. I wish you all well in your adventures! Remember to smile and believe in the magic that keeps this world revolving! Ugh, I've turned into such trash. And I couldn't be happier :)

7/10
Jan 22, 2016 8:26 AM

Oct 2011
I guess the series wasn't bad if you didn't have any high expectations. The first season showed already that it wasn't as good as it could have been and the second season confirmed it.

The only thing I will be really, really missing is Mika. I'm glad she got a bit screen time, though not nearly enough. I would love to see anything focused on her. Guess that is a dream which will never come true. :(
Jan 23, 2016 11:28 AM
Jan 2016
Unbelievably how bad this was... never expected this anime to make me hate the characters so much that i almost stopped watching this to the end.
Rin--->Biggest bitch of the bunch practicaly betraying her group to go with the antigonist plans SOME EGOISTICAL BITCH!
Mio--> second to her just running away instead of trying to keep Newgen together you are the leader FFS
Uzuki--> one dimensional yes but she seriously didnt deserve what those two did to her
And at the end there was no acceptable conclusion why these three made up anyway.....

765 Pro Idolm@ster>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this garbage of a show
Mar 6, 2016 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Good idols, bad show. If they had followed the same structure as the 765 Pro TV anime, it would have turned out much better.
Jul 8, 2016 9:17 PM

Dec 2014
It's not like the original Idol Master was great either. Both are alright series. On a nice level, I'll give both series a 7, but a high 5 or low 6 on a critical perspective.
Aug 3, 2016 2:46 PM

Feb 2015
Welp, that was actually a pretty emotional final episode imo. what i like from this series the most is the story telling or you can say the reference about the cinderella concept in the story. i really like that a lot and how they combined that into idol. to think that all of them were actually just an "only" ordinary, normal girls and with all of that happened they became into something that most people and even they admire and shinin on the stage like they wanted to, that is emotional imo and i really like that a lot but on the other side, i don't think the character development weren't really that impressive but it's not that bad. it's just okay imo.

and from that cinderella concept that was thrown into the story, made it looked more unique compared to the first generation of idolmaster. and that's the other point which i like from this series even tho the way they ended the series was pretty much similiar to how the first generation anime ended the series but the uniqe story itself stand out so much too made it looked more enjoyable and entertaining to me.

although i don't think the character development werent that impressive, i think how they handle it, was pretty good. like from the first season, the character development has a big connection to the story. the girls, that were just a normal girl took a first step to become something which they admired. but that first season was nothing but a deep introduction for those girls which i kinda like. and after that, the real struggles begun for them in this season and i think it was really good compared to the first season which doesn't have that many problems/struggle in it even tho i think the first season has more better character development and in addition, character introduction, more better than this season.

move aside to another topic, the animation...
i still can't belive it that this anime was actually made by A-1 Picture. it's just unbeliveable to me with all of that realistic and gorgeour animation and cinematoghrapy in terms of idol. not only it was good, it fit so well with the music too imo. i still can't belive it tbh. and i respect A-1 Pic for making this series without any single CG in the dance scenes.

and the other main reason why i like this series because i never ever have felt any girlish atmosphere coming from this series unlike love live. i mean, never from the first generation. i don't even know why....probably because of how they handle the animation/cinematoghrapy and story....or maybe another things....and aside from being girlish, the atmosphere in this show felt calm, fun, and cool somehow to me which what made me enjoying this show a lot.

regardless that i think the character development in this season weren't really that impressive, i still enjoyed this series overall. probably the reason why i think the development weren't impresive is becasue it's hard for me to understand their problems. i mean, it took me a minutes, maybe more than 5/7 min to understand their words/problems. they were talking in idol language which i still don't know about

about how they ended it, they ended it with that cinderella reference story again and i like it. looking at the girl, that actually they were just a normal girl and they turn into something that they wanted to be, to be something that dreamed to became to....kinda a bit emotional for me in the end and at how they ended it with the first op song from the first season :D

9/10 from me. i enjoyed it alot. that's all that's matter for me to score this anime.
hope that i can see more of this in the future xD
great show imo :D
Oct 3, 2016 5:45 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I liked the Executive Directors way of describing Uzuki's resurgence as an idol.
As for the performance, it felt fast paced and not even impact when compared to season 1. And what was that weird translation with Anastacia lol

Overall it was a decent season. Would have liked to see more Kaede.

Oct 6, 2016 10:57 PM

Jan 2008
Dammit, they dragged it out, the terrible antagonist and nothing but forced drama and little to no impact with each characters growth and development. I heavily dislike the fact that it felt more like the group was torn apart despite it being called an 'adventure'. Meh. Well I'm sure some others see it differently.

Favorite girls in the end are probably Ranko, Rin and Anastasia. Replace Rin with Mika if non-main cast counted cause Rin got less interesting during this season but all the other girls were just unmemorable with little redeeming quality.

Well not like I care too much in the end, all I did was watch this so I could get a better understanding of the doujinshis.
Oct 12, 2016 12:28 PM

May 2010
Wow the subs were meh but ye I was able to understand everything fully. No probs

I must say I much prefer this season over the 1st one. The new drama plot might have been forced n heavy but it was resolved satisfyingly. The characters developed more and weren't as one-dimensional as in S1. Tho the cast was huge n got even bigger so some girls might have gotten short end of the stick. As compared to the original series, these girls lack the same unity strength but I feel like they still got connected somehow. The show managed to make it work one way or another even tho most time was spent on sub-units.

I like most girls now. Usami and Minami the most with Anzu, Anya, Ranko, Rika, Mika, Kirari, Kaede etc close behind. Rin, Miria, and Mio got some good development as well. And ofc my producer is the best, I love him the most. So hardworking and nice, love everything about him.

I really liked the parallels to the very first ep of S1. These girls were dreaming to be princesses by being inspired by their seniors but now they are the sources of inspiration for the new coming juniors (as suggested by the producer during the ep) The last few secs were magical. Beautiful. Made me believe that the unity of cindrella girls is different from 765 girls but its still there. The colleague-ish friends approach worked for me. Not everything has to be about love or friendship.

7.25/10, I think this turned into a fine SoL-ish idol anime.
TragicRomanceOct 12, 2016 12:43 PM
Oct 29, 2016 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Underwhelming. I think I can see how it tried to be like the original, but failed. Towards the end of the show it missed what made the original show good (at least for me): a heart-warming, soft-but-clear character and relationship development. Watching Haruka's and Chihaya's arcs again made me see the difference in impact each of them gives, compared to Uzuki's arc which is good, but not as much.

Also, while there may seem to be a bond as a whole group or as a unit, but if you look at their interactions carefully you'll see the distance between them, compared to those of 765PRO. I don't know if it's just me but it's quite a large distance in my point of view. It kinda like "the idols and their individual maturity and work improvement", not "the idols and their group development" kinda show that the original is.

At the show's final, I was wondering, is this a happy ending? This question is something that does not need to be asked if you're satisfied with its conclusion.

Still, the drama build-up at the beginning was good and I like how the antagonist isn't really an antagonist like in the original. Before the outside-job arc, the story was pretty great, even better than the original. But the problem is the part that's supposed to strike the impact to the viewers the most, is somewhat lacking, as mentioned above.

I want to separate my rating to two parts for the original: 7/10 for the pre-Triad part, and 5.5/10 post-Triad part..
Nov 5, 2016 3:32 AM

Mar 2016
Meh. I frankly expected better than this.

Too much forced drama with most of it being... well, bad. Also, too much focus on the main trio (Especially Uzuki, and in the end her part wasn't really emotional).

Another thing is that the show felt extremely slow at times, with many odd & vague moments. I almost gave up halfway through the season.

On a more positive note, I liked the outfits throughout the entire 2 seasons, and the songs were good as well. Nothing that truly hit me though. Great visuals, art & animations too, as expected.

Somehow I ended up liking this Producer more than the original's. He really is a great motivator, despite the appearances. I remember thinking "who the hell is this guy ? Is he really the Producer this time around ? oh god". Guess you really don't wanna judge someone by his looks.

One good point to the main antagonist (Or at least what she appears to be at first) as well. She does what she wants to do only for the good of 346 Pro (And it turns out to show its results pretty soon).

And at least she doesn't end up being some cold, tough buisnesswoman who wants things done her way & not anyone else's only to create more drama within the group.

Anyway. Overall an okay show, with good songs, outfits & great visuals but with several flaws in the pacing, the character development & a rather-poorly handled drama.

7/10 for the first season.
6/10 for the 2nd season.
Jan 14, 2017 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
I watched CG animu blindy last year, but now after I played Starlight Stage and knowing most of the idols, I decided to rewatch it again and..
damn, it becomes 3x more enjoyable than before

I began to paying attention at the background, like the idols I used to think they're not important
it feels good when you alrd familiar with the idols & see them animated

the only problem with Cinderella Girls animu compared to the 765pro Im@s is that
CG have wayyyy so many idols, it's like 65(voiced) idols, while 765pro only 13idols(didnt count the movie one)
you can't enjoy it 100% if you not familiar with CG idols(didn't play the game), like, you kinda think that they're just background chara, even tho each of them have different charm

TL;DR
you can enjoy this animu adaptation the most if you alrd familiar of the idols from the game
VanschiaJan 14, 2017 7:55 PM
Aug 1, 2017 7:55 AM

Sep 2016
It'a good show. When i have been watching the original Idolmaster, I really do want more Idolmaster. But, I felt pretty unsatisfied when I finished the final episode since i have too much expectations to this series.

It's very difficult not to compare the original Idolmaster and the Idolmaster Cinderella Girls. Personally, I prefer the original Idolmaster series or other idol anime such as Love Live than Idolmaster Cinderella Girls. The reason is I'm pretty satisfied to see a strong relationship between the characters. But i got nothing for this series when i finished the final episode.

The difference between Idolmaster and Idolmaster Cinderella Girls is the idols divided into several units in the first season. So the story becomes focused on the unit. I think that's good because it makes the story to be balanced with a lot of main characters. And the second season becomes better with a lot of drama when Mishima came and ruined the situation.

I really love when every idol unit faces a problem that befell them. I can feel emotionally more intense and it's build a feeling about strong relationship between them. I also love the final arc about New Generations unit. But, what the hell with the conclution? Rin joined Triad Primus but she is still part of New Generation with a selfish reason that she felt something when singing with Triad Primus member?

Yeah, i admit it, it's a good drama but I dont know, It's like..."killed" my feelings about strong relationship that built on the previous episode by other idol units. When i finished the final episode, i relized, "Aaah, It's just a relationship between colleagues only."

I agree with @me-me-me
me-me-me said:

- This last episode confirmed for me what the writers thought the relationship of the characters are: friendly colleagues, but colleagues nonetheless. What seals the deal is how each of the 14 main characters branched out of their subgroups, showing that the group wasn't supposed to be a coherent group, but more of an avenue of common interests, i.e. what AKB48 and other idol groups seem to be in real life.
NabeliaAug 1, 2017 8:19 AM
Aug 14, 2017 9:17 PM
Oct 2015
People complain about the forced drama, but I think the plot of Cinderella Girls is pretty decent. Being abused is a core identity to Cinderella after all.

Symbols have been hidden throughout the episodes that prelude the final abuse.
Aug 23, 2017 10:04 PM

Jun 2013
I have to say that I quite enjoyed this season compared to the first. Probably because it was more about developing the characters rather than introducing them. Though the drama was forced with the executive director (who I wish would have been shown the errors of her dictator-like reforms), I felt it was necessary in order to keep this anime from being a simple slice of life. The drama portion in the first season (especially with Mio) didn't seem like it had any weight behind it compared to this season where every arc felt like a battle to keep the idols from getting fired. This is what I thought anyways.

A lot of people on this thread seem to be hating on Cinderella Girls by comparing it to the original Idolmaster, but I watched Idolmaster so long ago that I can barely remember the events off the top of my head. I thought Cinderella Girls was great, the main idols, and especially the producer. At first I didn't like how straightforward he was, but eventually I grew to like him more than the producer from Idolmaster. I'm glad all of the main idols got a decent amount of screen time as opposed to simply focusing on the New Gen girls.
Sep 30, 2017 12:15 PM

Jul 2015
Man, I just don't know how to feel, I'm not even sure if I liked or disliked this anime, it's such a weird sensation.
May 18, 2018 6:32 AM

Aug 2017
I didn't understand this by the end. I only wanted to see more Ranko, and maybe Mika too.
Jan 8, 2019 4:21 PM
Dec 2017
The whole Rin thing fucked the show for me, no matter how much I tried I couldn't get to like her again which is a shame because it made it difficult to enjoy the rest of the show
Jun 29, 2020 12:03 PM

May 2018
It was a pretty good ending. The director is finally accepting the Producer's way of raising his idols. Overall Cinderella Girls as a whole was quite mediocre. The only saving grace is that the dances are hand animated instead of the shitty CG that other idol/music shows have. I think that even fucking Aikatsu! had a better story and pacing than Cinderella Girls lol. Time to rewatch the original Idolm@ster again
Jun 29, 2020 12:05 PM

May 2018
Vanschia said:
I watched CG animu blindy last year, but now after I played Starlight Stage and knowing most of the idols, I decided to rewatch it again and..
damn, it becomes 3x more enjoyable than before

I began to paying attention at the background, like the idols I used to think they're not important
it feels good when you alrd familiar with the idols & see them animated

the only problem with Cinderella Girls animu compared to the 765pro Im@s is that
CG have wayyyy so many idols, it's like 65(voiced) idols, while 765pro only 13idols(didnt count the movie one)
you can't enjoy it 100% if you not familiar with CG idols(didn't play the game), like, you kinda think that they're just background chara, even tho each of them have different charm

TL;DR
you can enjoy this animu adaptation the most if you alrd familiar of the idols from the game

It's time for me to learn Japanese then lol
Aug 22, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2020
Nice finale.

Overall, not as good and entertaining as the first season. Too much boring drama, but there were still some good episodes here and there.

SerafosDec 22, 2023 3:51 AM
Jun 14, 2022 1:29 AM

Aug 2018
It seems more group shuffles happened.. Some of the groups actually are more something you'd expect them to form in the first place.. Like how Riina is with Natsuki, or Miku is in animal team..
One more episode left on BD..
Mar 2, 2023 6:56 AM

Jul 2013
Years ago, I thought I hated this cour because of drama, and while I still stand that the show is at its best when it was about fun and light-hearted idol activities (AKA the later half of the 1st cour), my biggest issue now is that I have no idea what it was trying to do. Like, I get the cinderella metaphor and all that, but what about the narrative of the show itself?

Mishiro was introduced as someone who wanted to factory-produce idols, to the point of actively trying to sabotage their persona and identity. Halfway into the cour and all of that is just... gone? Apparently, she only tries to shuffle around those she finds worthy, her new project isn't too different from the old system at all, and her way of doing things is just "another possibility"?

I guess the girls branching out of their group thing was meant to be seen as positive? Problems with that are:

1. Rin and Anya came off as assholes due to how black Mishiro was portrayed up to that point and how abrupt the transition was.

2. Rin branching out is what kicked start the mental breakdown of Uzuki.

3. If they would go their separate way anyway, what's the point of going against Mishiro?

4. The first cour was all about these girls coming together as a group, as well as establishing all the smaller units. You'd think the logical next step would be to see how far they could push these units and the group, not them branching out on their own.

The whole cour just seems to lack direction, which leads to some really mixed messages. They should probably have ended it at the summer fest.

Also, Starlit Season did m@gic better and it wasn't even a story song there.
JustMonakaMar 3, 2023 9:50 PM
May 4, 2023 7:54 PM

Feb 2021
Tbh I liked season 1 more than season 2. 

Season 2 just felt like a never ending chracter drama. 

But Love Laika has to be my favorite group of them all, even though my favorite girl is Rika. 
Jun 20, 2023 12:13 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
No conclusion at all it's clearly impossible to attend in two different unit at all, well it's doesn't discussed at all and how came that 2 girl traitor can join in the ball too, hope uzuki can made a far better unit and just disband that nearly falling apart new gen, it's was useless to stay in that kind of scattered unit
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

58 by Natdrewathing »»
Jan 30, 12:10 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

47 by HibiChika »»
Jan 9, 12:17 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

77 by HibiChika »»
Jan 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

56 by MadanielFL »»
May 4, 2023 10:32 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

34 by MadanielFL »»
May 3, 2023 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.