Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Oct 31, 2015 5:31 AM

Jan 2014
frenze12 said:
Mentar said:

Allow me to let you in on a secret. If you watch Gundam episodes carefully, you will notice lots of people shooting at each other. If you watch a shoujo romance, you will notice that the male leads are beautiful. If you watch yaoi, the lead characters tend to be guys liking each other. Mysterious coincidence, isn't it? It also means that if you find the idea of guys having homosexual interests disagreeable, you should steer clear of yaoi anime.

No i think a series that belittles females in any form (ecchi, eye candy, dumb, licks mc feets, etc) however slight it may be or portraits in a generic 'bad' way while somesort enjoyable is still a flaw. And not something that deserves high praise when their character devellopment shows some promise.
So you dislike each and every form of entertainment that is ever made on Earth since the first humans...Must be hard for you,you cant watch a movie/TV show,read a book,go to parties or anything...Women and men are different,acting like they are same is even worse than sexism...
Oct 31, 2015 5:40 AM
Apr 2015
LoneWizard said:
frenze12 said:

No i think a series that belittles females in any form (ecchi, eye candy, dumb, licks mc feets, etc) however slight it may be or portraits in a generic 'bad' way while somesort enjoyable is still a flaw. And not something that deserves high praise when their character devellopment shows some promise.
So you dislike each and every form of entertainment that is ever made on Earth since the first humans...Must be hard for you,you cant watch a movie/TV show,read a book,go to parties or anything...Women and men are different,acting like they are same is even worse than sexism...

Ignoring the part where i said "enjoyable", you sir are awsome. GJ at trying to put words into my mounth.
Oct 31, 2015 5:41 AM

Jan 2014
frenze12 said:
LoneWizard said:

Ignoring the part where i said "enjoyable", you sir are awsome.
Ignoring the part you said "somesort" you are awesome too sir....
Oct 31, 2015 5:43 AM
Apr 2015
LoneWizard said:
frenze12 said:

Ignoring the part where i said "enjoyable", you sir are awsome.
Ignoring the part you said "somesort" you are awesome too sir....

Somesort, in a way, etc. is enjoyable got a beef with it?
Oct 31, 2015 5:46 AM

Jan 2014
frenze12 said:
Ofc not...Because you used the magic words:"I think"...I'm not in a position to judge whats in your head...
Oct 31, 2015 5:48 AM
Apr 2015
LoneWizard said:
frenze12 said:
Ofc not...Because you used the magic words:"I think"...I'm not in a position to judge whats in your head...

you already did though...
Oct 31, 2015 5:54 AM

Jan 2014
frenze12 said:
LoneWizard said:

you already did though...
You said what you think,i said imo thinking like that makes your life harder and boring because you pretty much declared you dislike the very foundation of human society...Just because i think its wrong doesnt mean i said you are wrong tho...
Oct 31, 2015 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
Well what do you know, there really is a debate about the realism of kissing.

RealityRush said:
As for the cheek kiss.... it's all about context. In the context of that confession, it was very telling. Also, I'm Canadian, not Japanese, and I thought the kiss on the cheek was perfect. It isn't about being "chaste" and "pure", it's just a normal relationship progression. Not all relationships instantly turn into make-out sessions off the bat, some start out more innocent. There was nothing"wrong" with that scene.
If done right, holding hands can be more romantic than a sex scene. Some of the cutest love stories in anime don't even need kissing to get the romance across.

The kiss on the cheek was a really good choice, it shows how Stella wants to open up to Ikki but doesn't want to make herself completely vulnerable quite yet. She still feels awkward about her feelings (being tsundere doesn't help), maybe that kiss on the cheek took all of the courage she could muster.
Oct 31, 2015 9:04 PM

Oct 2015
frenze12 said:
Goes back to see the first post of this thread, sees alot of people rating the show 10/10 and complaining that the overal score is only 8.x while such "grand show" definitely deserves more . The guilty ones? Haters offcourse, because if you don't give this show a high score you must be hater. Where were you then?

Enjoying does not equal quality, yet some people here think otherwise. I enjoyed watching/reading DxD despite that the show has terrible flaws. If i tried to make a comment about it regardless wheter it was a good point or not on this forum i got burned like hell. And it's not 'that' much better here either. Bias much?

Why are you complaining about people enjoying Rakudai? If they liked the episode so much, they are free to say they like it. If you don't like Rakudai, you don't like Rakudai. Everyone is different, but you do not speak for everyone else.

Enjoyment is not synonymous of quality, but it is still a significant aspect of it. A boring show will be of less quality than an exciting one since watching the latter will not be so much of a chore.
Nov 1, 2015 6:24 AM

Sep 2015
Way better than Gakusen Toshi (I'm seriously considering dropping this generic 'thing').
At least it has been entertaining with the cool fights and proper fanservice.

7/10 so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2015 10:17 AM

Nov 2015
baki502 said:
Ryuutobi said:
It's actually related to Japanese culture regarding nudity & physical contact. Traditionally, Japanese doesn't mind nudity that much because of the public bath culture. Of course the place & occasion have roles in this. Being naked in the bath is proper & thus tolerated but being naked on the street is not.

And now about physical contact. Japanese people dislike physical contact with anyone they're not familiar with. This is why the traditional japanese way of greeting does not involve any form of physical contact. They simply bow and/or say the greeting. Nowadays, handshaking is an acceptable form of greeting but up till several decades ago, it was not. In short, Japan is a totally different place to wherever you live where kissing someone's cheek as a greeting is considered normal.

2 Problems: Stella isnt Japanese and MCs sister kissed him on the mouth and she is Japanese. So really its just the author being bad for being inconsistent and letting his cultural background influence his writing. Charakterization is poor and research is either lacking or he didnt even bother.

There are no problem : Stella has just a "pure and innocent" personality : see how she blushed when Ikki told her she is beautiful. So kissing him on the cheek is "normal" whereas kissing him on the lips would be inconsistent.
As for Shizuku, she just has a very twist personality. Maybe, we will have a more another explanation how she became like that (LN gives more details)

Nevertheless, as you have understood, this fiction is made by a Japanese man for Japaneses and we watched it with have our western vision (well, I supposed you are) of romance. For whatever reasons (mainly money I guess), manga/LN/anime industry maintain this "pure and innoncent love" vision (and yet unrealistic, imo). Fortunately, Nature not liking emptiness, they also created hentai !! ^°^

Finally, I've read the 3 volumes translated at Baka-tsuki and I must say Rakudai is definitely not a masterpiece. The plot concerning the fights in general is not bad but not good either. Too much deus machina ex, or I'm just too old to appreciate. Yet, it has something others LN don't have : an author who wanted to promote the love relationship between his 2 MC. I found it really enjoyable and that's all matter.
Nov 2, 2015 2:20 AM

Feb 2013
yea there were some tropes in there but also some powerful, subtle stuff and i'm so glad they didn't dance around the confession at the end. made the whole episode satisfying, but let's see if they keep moving forward after this. cause you know japan likes to introduce new characters halfway through and reset and story development until the very end.
Nov 2, 2015 6:56 AM

Aug 2015
EPIC !!!
''I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining.'' Takasugi Shinsuke
Nov 2, 2015 4:00 PM

Jan 2008
Wow... Stella... I'm in love.
Nov 2, 2015 5:30 PM

Oct 2008
Ikki x Stella level-up! Dat "i like you" confession by Ikki and Dat chick kiss by Stella! so much ant sweetness!
Ikki won because of motivational words by Stella.
5/5!

Nov 3, 2015 7:11 AM

Nov 2014
Finally we got our tournament battle and i can say that i'm satisfied with it.. at first we got Stella to made her opponent surrender just by standing,lol.. and next we saw our MC vs a piece of shit villain called Kirihara..

I'm actually pretty disappointed to the students in this academy since they can easily fail into a cheap taunt like that.. and Kirihara is like one of the worst type of villain that you can get.. after everything that he had done to Ikki, in the end he still beg for his life like a frickin coward.. tbh i hope that ikki truly stab his sword to gave him a lesson back then.. nevertheless, it's still a pretty entertaining battle..

xkinn123 said:
Remember the last time MC-kun straight out confessed before even half of the show ended? At least in the last 5 years?

yeah, me neither.
Exactly my thought for the scene in the end.. it's great to see Ikki's confession and Stella accept him which is nice.. Overall a great episode, probably the best episode so far.. 5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 5, 2015 4:01 AM

Jan 2009
Is there some rule that every stupid anime has to do the same cliche' bullshit?!
I was very excited during that battle, but the way it ended was the same as most battle anime! the main character gets beat up and humiliated, and then his friend yells some cheesy words, he gets up, wins, and doesn't even kill the mother fucker who beat him!
Nov 5, 2015 4:20 AM

Mar 2012
DiabloMask said:
Is there some rule that every stupid anime has to do the same cliche' bullshit?!
I was very excited during that battle, but the way it ended was the same as most battle anime! the main character gets beat up and humiliated, and then his friend yells some cheesy words, he gets up, wins, and doesn't even kill the mother fucker who beat him!
What does he gain of killing him? Just some "praise" of people outside the frame and resentment from people inside the story.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 5, 2015 7:02 AM
Feb 2015
DiabloMask said:

Technically they aren't allowed to kill their opponents purposely. Yes the battles are conducted with real weapons, but there are rules to try and prevent Blazers from killing each other in every match. In this situation since Kirihara already surrendered if Ikki kills him it'd turn into a murder case instead.
Nov 5, 2015 6:12 PM

Apr 2011
I'm glad that A-hole got rekt.
Nov 7, 2015 9:36 AM

Nov 2015
I've just read chap 15 of Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari. There is a scene which reminds me the moment when Stella encourage Ikki in front of everybody.

Except the heroine
Nov 8, 2015 8:52 AM
Jun 2014
drkurochan said:
I've just read chap 15 of Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari. There is a scene which reminds me the moment when Stella encourage Ikki in front of everybody.

Except the heroine

And they proceeded not having sex i bet :P
Nov 8, 2015 9:35 AM

Nov 2015
Stormen said:
drkurochan said:

Except the heroine

And they proceeded not having sex i bet :P

We'll see in the next chapter, but, 99.99% chance he will not get his reward !
Nov 8, 2015 7:32 PM
Nov 2010
Was totally not accepting her to admit it. So I guess they're an item? xD Definitely the first anime I seen where it was accepted right then and there. xD Feels like it'll be a refreshing change from a harem.
Nov 9, 2015 1:56 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Stellar episode. I am really enjoying this show.

The visuals looked great, the battle was intense and emotional, and a surprise confession at the end! That really caught me off guard. Seriously, does that ever happen anymore?

A lot of people are saying this is quite similar to Asterisk War, and while they do have similarities, I'm enjoying this one far more.

Nene best girl. Or Yuri chan. Both are best.
takkun_Nov 9, 2015 4:01 PM
Nov 16, 2015 6:26 PM

Feb 2013
Decent fight.

It's not very often the main couple hooks up so early.
Nov 22, 2015 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
Ohhhh... Oh. There a couple now. Well, I guess that was... fast. Which is a good thing. They broke the love triangle pretty soon, and to be honest, it was way too silly between an imouto and a princess.

Also, it was fun to see the other guy pissing himself. His faces were way too comical, holy shit, that was hilarious.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 25, 2015 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that would become pleasant, if they had a little exaggerated in the final, putting that statement a bit cloying and the romantic scene, which seems already to tie Ikki and Stella in an eternal love.
Exaggerated!
Drawings as sufficient quality, very good soundtrack.
Good End-card.
Dec 3, 2015 11:19 PM

Dec 2012
4th episode confession, damn, there aren't many of these.

Dec 13, 2015 3:12 AM

Apr 2012
lol no one had a problem with alice in the girls changing room
Dec 27, 2015 3:51 AM

Dec 2013
It brings me great joy to once again see the fuccboi Kirihara cower and fear for his life, now in anime format. I wonder how many fans he'll still have left after that incredibly sorry display of cowardice. The crowd during this fight also frustrates me beyond belief. Talk about mob mentality. I'm glad Stella silenced them, and then promptly put them in their place.

Speaking of Stella. What a girl. She's one of the few tsunderes that I actually like, and for good reason.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Dec 27, 2015 4:00 PM

May 2012
Quite an intense episode and that ending sure was cute :3

Let's see what happens next though.
Dec 28, 2015 12:17 PM

Dec 2015
Damn I didn't think the match would be this intense. Well animated fight! And Ikki confessed to Stella?! And she accepted? Wow.
That ending sure was nice.
Jan 8, 2016 6:02 AM

Jul 2010
It has so much wins! Ikki and Stella become lovers :3 :3 :3 It's as good as manga <3
Jan 8, 2016 11:58 AM

Feb 2010
Nexxkinn said:
Remember the last time MC-kun straight out confessed before even half of the show ended? At least in the last 5 years?

yeah, me neither.
Is this real life??

Jan 18, 2016 11:32 AM

Aug 2013
For someone who grope and molest people in their sleep... nevermind.
It's the feelings that count I guess.. almost forgot she was stark naked in the changing room with Alice.
Seriously a peck on the cheek.. oh no imouto is heartbroken now.
The still remember he's biologically a man right ?? xD
Feb 4, 2016 8:56 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I down right love Stella. Besides being beautiful, the way she straight up motivated Ikki was so honest and caring. Full of emotion as well. And in the end she rewards her Ikki with a kiss and he returns the love by embracing her. Doesn't get any better than that, winsome.

Kirihara deserved to get destroyed. That "Worst one" chant was cruel and straight up insulting. And then he begs for mercy, how pathetic and low can he be.

Stella <3

Feb 5, 2016 12:25 PM

Nov 2013
GileonFletcher said:
Inugirlz said:
Hehe I love Alice.

Wow all these students are terrible. Disgusting behaviour. Their parents didn't raise them well at all. Bullies.

Kirihara is disgraceful. So nasty to watch. Man is pathetic.

I really like how they added the element of Ikki being nervous. Fit really well, most people would be, and nerves do affect performance.

I'm getting the same kind of barbaric vibe from this anime as well as Asterisk. Put students to fight against each other for prestige to the death, effectively. Either student in each of these fights could kill the other if they so chose to... that's really brutal; there's no initial agreement between both of them about not killing the other, just the entry conditions acknowledging they can die. Can't really tell what those arrows were doing to Ikki, though. Obviously they weren't piercing his body and going all the way through otherwise he would've died much sooner when he was shot in the chest.

The really morbid writing makes it intense, but at the same time very disturbing.

The fights in Asterisk ( at least in the tournament ) aren't to the death and it is never implied that they are allowed to kill their opponent.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 5, 2016 12:33 PM

Nov 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
Drake1000 said:
Generic bully villain gets rekt by generic MC, yay.

This.

Drake1000 said:
The ED song reminds of an ED of Code Geass btw.

Same singer.

While I did enjoy the fight between Kirihara and Ikki, and liked seeing just how pathetic Kirihara was when things all of a sudden didn't go his way, I don't really feel like the hype for this episode was warranted. I mean, if you really break it down, it's pretty much the MC getting his ass handed to him, but then with some nakama encouragement, gets the power to beat the guy that he literally COULD NOT TOUCH for most of the fight. At least the romance between Ikki and Stella made some progress, which is a pretty rare sighting in most anime. Hopefully this means all the source readers stop with the whole "wait for episode [...]" thing that's been present since the first episode thread.

And am I the only person who wasn't expecting this to be a harem? I keep seeing people say "let's see if people still call this a harem" but that thought never even crossed my mind. The MAL page for the anime and LN don't even have harem in the genre, this is just ecchi at most.

Some people call everything with more than one female character a harem, regardless of the actual romance or lack of it.

Either way, nice episode. The whining of the bastard was hilarious.
TheBigGuyFeb 5, 2016 12:36 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 14, 2016 3:07 AM

Sep 2012
Yes! The kiss happened without any interruptions. Finally! And was that the gay guy hitting on Ikki's sister? Great episode. He's powerful once he knows their strategy.
Feb 29, 2016 6:29 AM
Aug 2013
This...episode...was...AWESOME!! The fight was so cool!!
-Let the fire of our hearts rage through the heavens
Mar 19, 2016 2:33 PM

Aug 2014
Kirihaya panicking and straight up begging for mercy was just a sad sight, but he deserved being humiliated that hard. The Ikki x Stella ship has sailed, it seems. Pretty nice to have a "harem" with the MCs getting together early, not to mention how they seem like perfect fits for each other aswell.

Great episode, really looking forward to how their relationship will develop!
May 25, 2016 2:02 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I dont think most of the episode was that good, neither she confessing at the arena, but I did liked the confession at the end.
May 27, 2016 9:49 PM

Apr 2013
Cool I feel the generics coming back.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 8, 2016 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
Only in anime.. where the majority will side with the bully shaming someone in public but in the end the bullied underdog beats the arrogant prick and proves everyone wrong so the viewers will feel a great sense of satisfaction. Yeah yeah it's one of the oldest formula in audience-pandering but well it still works most of the time.

Stella's pep talk? Cringe.
Sep 25, 2016 3:02 AM

Apr 2013
I think I can see now why some people like this show, didn't expect them to basically both confess in the 4th episode already. Besides that though it's still pretty generic.
Nov 1, 2016 4:42 AM

Apr 2009
After hitting his organ, he's alive again.

WUT.??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2016 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome. I really loved this episode.

Was quite funny to see Stellas opponent who didn't even had chance to do anything.
There was a lot of truth in Alice words, but it seemed Ikki didn't completely understand what Alice wanted to say him with that. :P

Ikkis fight was really nice and after what Kirihara did to him in the past, I'm glad he beats his ass. Kirihara is actually such a coward, god....

Didn't expect Stella to scream such words towards Ikki especially because all the people in the stadium could hear it. And of course the end, I absolutely loved the scene between Ikki and Stella <3

5/5 :)

Dec 26, 2016 6:23 PM

May 2015
PrimeX said:
Only in anime.. where the majority will side with the bully shaming someone in public but in the end the bullied underdog beats the arrogant prick and proves everyone wrong so the viewers will feel a great sense of satisfaction. Yeah yeah it's one of the oldest formula in audience-pandering but well it still works most of the time.

What's cringey is your blind hate.

Dec 27, 2016 3:18 AM

Jul 2013
Kittens-kun said:
PrimeX said:

What's cringey is your blind hate.
What's cringey is your blind fanboyism. You know what I said is true.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

482 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 4, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

341 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 4, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

210 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 11:20 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

224 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 27, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

191 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 26, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.