Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2016 11:40 AM

Feb 2010
"Oh shit we need to add flashbacks about the old man in this episode so people care about him"

Yeah, whatever.
Aug 14, 2016 11:41 AM

Sep 2013
Vanisher said:
"Oh shit we need to add flashbacks about the old man in this episode so people care about him"

Yeah, whatever.

It was more like an expansion of what he told Rem and Subaru in the previous episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 11:41 AM

Feb 2014
People getting greedy expecting too much from the animation. Its a 26 episode series where most of the time they dont even have an OP/ED. Just how much do you think they can animate a week.

This episode kind of reminded of the battles against Sin in Final Fantasy 10. Don't know how the hell they going to defeat three or more of them.
Aug 14, 2016 11:42 AM

Dec 2014
Hongu said:
SuperKirei said:

Well for one our MC just sat on his ass (when he wasn’t running away), another reason is the cliff-hanger at the end; instead of one whale there is now three, let us see how we BS are way out of this one.
What could he even do anyway?

That is the problem with this show; we are on episode 20 and Subaru is still doing what he did in episode 3, absolutely nothing.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Aug 14, 2016 11:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
eXtacy67 said:
People getting greedy expecting too much from the animation. Its a 26 episode series where most of the time they dont even have an OP/ED. Just how much do you think they can animate a week.

''Greed of a Pig''
Aug 14, 2016 11:43 AM
Jul 2015
Well, we already know that next episode is going to have a return by death
Mar 2012
Vanisher said:

Yeah, whatever.

Why u complain? Its not like they lasted long. And still his wife was kawaii as fuck;3
May 2015
Hongu said:
SuperKirei said:

Well for one our MC just sat on his ass (when he wasn’t running away), another reason is the cliff-hanger at the end; instead of one whale there is now three, let us see how we BS are way out of this one.

He wants Subari to become the next Emiya for him, dont heed him attention. People like him are amused by the standard flawless characters that we see in most mainstream anime.

Sep 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Subaru especially is gonna need a lot of luck.

Er... yeah.... he's not been very lucky in this department....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2014
eXtacy67 said:
I think it's more of the fact that they pretty much blew their budget on the first two arcs and Arc 3 has looked incredibly average as a result, even the fighting.
Aug 14, 2016 11:47 AM

Nov 2014
Finally, got to see cute, adorable knights in action.
As everyone expected, Wilhelm became a sacrifice.
After all, the misery never ends.
Aug 14, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
Stark700 said:

I think the flashbacks are important for characterization.

Yeah these flashbacks are majorly important since they are the start of an extremely big and complex subplot line.

That Satella cameo tho.

I caught that cameo as well, at first i thought i was just seeing things.
Aug 14, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
Such a awesome episode with incredibly fighting scenes and beautiful flash backs :3
I hope Wilhelm is still alive, a badass can't die before he has gotten the chance to help killing 3 white whales (and maybe kill the one he's inside) :3

Anyway the hype just increases each week and Subaru changes everyone's view on him, can't wait for next episode :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Aug 14, 2016 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
Subaru is Japanese so he should be an expert at killing whales, he's got this covered.
Aug 14, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
Three of them huh ...... the game suddnly turned into ultra hard mode
and subaru is stil lv.1

Dec 2014
NoValueNobs said:
Hongu said:

He wants Subari to become the next Emiya for him, dont heed him attention. People like him are amused by the standard flawless characters that we see in most mainstream anime.

No, you are wrong on that, sir. This “Subari” is far below even Emiya; at least that fool is useful to some extent.

Jan 2012
pekuses said:
-Stray said:
I dont say this often but now would probably be a good time to kill yourself Subaru, and think of a better plan, now you know there is more than just 1 fcking whale.

But how to prove it?

He could use the excuse of his phone which is a metia predicting when and how many whales are gonna appear. Maybe. He's not technically lying so Crusch will know it's the truth.
Aug 14, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
Ultimatedeath said:
Such a awesome episode with incredibly fighting scenes and beautiful flash backs :3
I hope Wilhelm is still alive, a badass can't die before he has gotten the chance to help killing 3 white whales (and maybe kill the one he's inside) :3

Anyway the hype just increases each week and Subaru changes everyone's view on him, can't wait for next episode :3

*hugs Death-chan* :)

I don't think they've completely sold that he died.... so hopefully he can make a dramatic escape next episode? xD
I know right? The flashbacks were beautiful <3
Aug 14, 2016 11:54 AM

Jul 2015
Bananaoranges said:
SuperKirei said:
Looks like Subaru is gonna have to pick which Whale-kun he wants.
Also 1/5, horrible episode.

Would you elaborate on why you've rated this episode a 1/5?

Don't worry about him he's a troll, he created some bait worthy threads.
Aug 14, 2016 11:54 AM

Sep 2015
Are you serious? 3 of them... niceee.
Aug 14, 2016 11:55 AM
May 2016
SuperKirei said:
Hongu said:

That is the problem with this show; we are on episode 20 and Subaru is still doing what he did in episode 3, absolutely nothing.

Subaru isn't fucking Goku, there are other people who have actual *Fighting* ability.
Aug 14, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2016
dem Satella lips tho! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I ship it
Aug 14, 2016 11:57 AM
Apr 2014
Damn even the armies of 2 royal candidates couldn't kill one whale, and now they're facing multiple, I wonder what kind of asspull is gonna save them, inb4 1 person shows up and solves everything or Subaru dies for the 245334 time.
I couldn't really give a shit about Wilheim he's just a typical stoic knight, his wife looked pretty badass though.
Aug 14, 2016 11:59 AM

May 2015
It's awesome to be caught up now! And I've loved this anime, it's really easy to see why so many people like it. It really was silly of me not to start watching this earlier because when I skimming the summary it sounded boring.

As for this episode, the gore was a bit much for me, but considering all of the things I've liked about this anime, something trivial like that doesn't bother me. I really liked the focus on Wilhelm and it was cool seeing him be badass attacking the whale. Also, it's lovely seeing Subaru retain his original personality. Though, I really didn't mind it back when he was despairing as much as some other people here.
Eventually_Aug 14, 2016 4:10 PM
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport

Jan 2015
Gg wp

Game over for Subaru-tachi

Jul 2016
Awesome fight against the whale. I liked Wilheim's flashback, his wife is badass and beautiful.
Satella finally shows herself, damn. And 3 White Whales? ... Where is Reinhard when you need him!

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」

Jan 2016
Vanisher said:

Yeah, whatever.

Damn ya'll always complain about stupid stuff. Im all for opinions but really dude?

Yeah lets not develop a side character, Wooo!
Aug 14, 2016 12:00 PM
Jul 2016
Well, shit got real. Kept getting goosebumps from how intense things got, but when two more whales showed up in the end...oh man, it was almost scary.
I don't recall Wilheilm ever being important or having more screentime, so I found the focus on him pretty pointless.
With what Subaru said about wanting to be praised, does that mean he's back to being in his old self where he thinks he's the protagonist of a fantasy story, again?
Aug 14, 2016 12:01 PM

Aug 2010
Damn 2 more whales... I wanted to see the damn whale die so bad.

Wish we had more knights in this battle like Reinhard.
Aug 14, 2016 12:02 PM

Dec 2014
Koyomo said:
SuperKirei said:

Subaru isn't fucking Goku, there are other people who have actual *Fighting* ability.

So why is the story not about them? Why are we following someone who plays no important part in this matter?
Aug 14, 2016 12:02 PM
Jul 2016
Jeppe950 said:
3 goddamn whales. Nothing ever goes right for Subaru.

Just when we were hoping things were finally going to turn out well...
Aug 14, 2016 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow the old guy was handsome as young... Why in anime everyone looks so Hot
Aug 14, 2016 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
Can this show be any more perfect?!

The death flags on wilheim :( rip

AND THE WHALE HAS FRIENDS ASAJKGJKLJWIOAGN!!!!!!!!!

Feb 2012
NoValueNobs said:
Hongu said:

Then why exactly is Subaru the main character? Yes, a real person would be as pathetic as he is, but then why is the show trying to push him as the main lead rather than a side character? Re:Zero isn't a character study anime, so sitting through his uselessness has been pointless and annoying.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck

Aug 2008
Definitely the best episode so far. The action scenes are just so fun to be watch. So there are total 3 White Whales?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 14, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2016
Jul 2016
Mickdrew said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Subaru especially is gonna need a lot of luck.

Er... yeah.... he's not been very lucky in this department....

Yyyeeeaahh, this time, he's kinda...fucked.
Jan 2013
Damn Subaro, you called the other whales. You didn't help them by making yourself reek of witch smell, instead you called the others by luring them using your smell. I still remember when Puck told you that you lured the whales on episode 18... Lol. It's funny that I find it more appropriate for Subaro to just Die right now and rethink his idea or plan on how will they going to kill the whales. Lol 😂😂
ANIME>Disney
Aug 14, 2016 12:06 PM
Jul 2016
SuperKirei said:
Koyomo said:

So why is the story not about them? Why are we following someone who plays no important part in this matter?

Uh...I really don't know what to say. Subaru's been the main point of view characters since episode 0, and if it weren't for his weak ass, a lot of the characters would've been dead.
Aug 14, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2016
Flawfinder said:
NoValueNobs said:

Then why exactly is Subaru the main character? Yes, a real person would be as pathetic as he is, but then why is the show trying to push him as the main lead rather than a side character? Re:Zero isn't a character study anime, so sitting through his uselessness has been pointless and annoying.

Uh...because the writer wanted to write the story from the PERSPECTIVE of someone weak that has to use trial and error in a world where everyone else is Goku? And he isn't useless, if you've been watching and paying attention to the anime.
Aug 14, 2016 12:10 PM

May 2015
The music was good.
_Hans_ said:
Vanisher said:

Yeah, whatever.

Damn ya'll always complain about stupid stuff. Im all for opinions but really dude?

Yeah lets not develop a side character, Wooo!
That's not character development though, it's just a death flag. Also quite ironic how his reason for holding a sword changed from protecting someone to vengeance.
Aug 14, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2013
SuperKirei said:
Koyomo said:

Cuz they can't respawn when they die, obviously :P

Jul 2016
Oh my, we got more than 1 white whale? It will be a trouble. BTW, I like the battle in this episode, and 1 whale is already very powerful, and now they got more? Oh my my, Need to wait for another week to find out how they solve this great trouble.
Jun 2014
THAT WAS INSANE! Wilhelm-san is a fucking badass
This show has entered my top 10 favorites.

Sep 2015
two good episodes in a row. it seems less subaru means better Re:Zero, but please don't do another reset - just don't

Satella said:

i guess perfect doesn't mean the same for you than it does for me....

Aug 14, 2016 12:13 PM
Jul 2016
Nigami_Shin said:
two good episodes in a row. it seems less subaru means better Re:Zero, but please don't do another reset - just don't

Satella said:

i guess perfect doesn't mean the same for you than it does for me....

No , he's fucked. Reset's gonna be needed now.
Jul 2018
Hmm, personally I thought we could have gotten better animation, but of course it was still good on its own right. The episode was pretty great as usual, and damn it the ending for this week's episode xD

Btw, MOBY D*CK!!!

Dec 2014
Buck_Wade said:
SuperKirei said:

Uh...I really don't know what to say. Subaru's been the main point of view characters since episode 0, and if it weren't for his weak ass, a lot of the characters would've been dead.
If you have not noticed, a lot of characters have died; some of them for them have died because of Subaru.
If it was not for his time loop hacks, everyone would have died long ago

Apr 2013
Damn these clithhangers
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 14, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2013

Why did this not play when Wilhelm was eaten? :^)
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

819 by tr25a3 »»
Jun 23, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

699 by MrList »»
Jun 23, 11:45 AM

» Why wasn't Emilia surprised that Subaru knows Puck's name

EstebanOD - Jan 12, 2022

12 by Vitali_Osandor »»
Jun 22, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

529 by commonhoodlum46 »»
Jun 21, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

511 by commonhoodlum46 »»
Jun 18, 11:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.