Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 19, 2011 8:08 AM

May 2008
Three episodes and I still don't have the faintest idea what the plot is
Oct 19, 2011 11:52 AM

Aug 2011
why do people always friggin have hate an episode if its their shortcomings for not having some common sense??
theres a line between beinga total dick towards something or not knowing something, yet not acting arrogantly full of yourself! DX
anyways, i'm liking it so far, and that back story was really sad too D:
Oct 19, 2011 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
daniellkun said:
MorningGlory said:I not even sure will they able to finish first volume(1,300+ page) with only 13ep.
Oct 19, 2011 2:54 PM

Jul 2011
The problem with the the story of this show is that its putting the cart before the horse. I get what has happened in each episode so far but there has been no real correlation between the synopsis and what has been shown so far.

3 episodes in and we have yet to see the ramifications on the characters and world at large from the events that have occured before the series start. Its bad enough that we dont get to see these things but matters are only made worse by not demonstrating through the world and characters things like the effect of being banished from heaven, the viewpoint of opposing countries and the reaction to the apparent forthcoming apocalypse ect.

With all that said, oddly enough, im enjoying this series so far. The characters are interesting and its nice to see some development such as why Toori is obsessed with P-01s. It looks like that big smirk he's always sporting may be there as a mask due to what happened when he was a child.
Oct 19, 2011 3:12 PM

Jan 2011
At least I'm not the only one that doesn't understand this anime.

All I can say is that it looks nice lol.
Oct 19, 2011 3:18 PM

Feb 2010
The "path of remorse" concept was really nice after the flashback explanation. There's still a lot of bits that I don't really get it, because the story is really different in therms of pacing. But that's reason enough to keep me hooked in this.

So far, not the best show of the season, but not bad either.
Oct 19, 2011 3:30 PM

May 2011
I sorta understood what happened this episode yay. That conversation between Masazumi and her dad really helped in explaining the remorse way. Had been wondering about that for a while but now I see what's going on.

Asama in that pink suit during the exorcism was hot. Starting to like her even more, but then again all the girls in this anime seems freaking awesome. Love this anime.

My main question is, when in the world is Toori actually going to ask her out. Is that suppose to be the finale or something? Cause it's been 3 episodes of him saying I am going to ask her out bla bla. I wanna see what happens already, can't freaking wait.
Oct 19, 2011 3:43 PM

Jan 2011
Another episode, another episode of not knowing what the hell is going on.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Oct 19, 2011 4:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
NoctisNimbus said:
I don't understand why I see so much confusion over the plot. The plot so far is pretty simple; it basically surrounds Toori's confession to Horizon. It's pretty obvious it's going to become much more than that, but the first three episodes have been more about introducing the characters and the setting. It's a set up of a story that's very large. This isn't your typical LN to anime story in terms of size and scope and it really shouldn't be expected that they were going to fit it into one to two episodes. Note that the the whole three episodes so far have only encompassed events of one day. It looks pretty clear that episode 4 is where things are going to start really get going.
It seems like a lot of Horizon detractors are very impatient and aren't paying attention to what's going on and maybe watching the terrible Hadena subs...

Well, I would just suggest people to go read the novels instead. So far, this adaptation is just not made for newcomers...

Doesn't remove the fact that the character development so far has been horrible since they are trying to cram stuffs in.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 19, 2011 8:34 PM

Jul 2010
I think "confused" people should read this...

Horizon Timeline (Its in order):
1: People were able to achieve technology to reach 'heaven'

2. Thanks to wars, they lost their tech and returned to an abandoned Earth.

3. Earth is mostly uninhabitable (Except for Far East), and so the parallel world was made for the other countries to reside in.

4. They plan to reenact history in order to rediscover "lost tech". Thus, Testament was made.

5. For some reason, the parallel world broke. Other countries blamed it on Far East (who was hosting the tech for parallel world)

6. Everybody now shares Far East, reenacting both the Sengoku era and the Thirty years War, with each part represented by a country + daimyo combination (check the map for more detail)

7. Far East has a age limit of 18 for political and military affairs such that they cannot rise up against other countries.

8. Testament stops updating. Everybody starts to believe that the apocalypse is near.

9. An 'idiot' leads a band of other kids in order to start a revolution and wants to get idiot's girlfriend back

10. SERIES START!!!!

So take it like this:
1.Write an amazing story with lots of information, science-fiction, action and complicated turn of events.
2.Then start your anime at the END OF THE STORY and make it into slice-of-life fanservice comedy.
3. .....
4. Profit?? or not...

Source: http://commiesubs.com/horizon-3/

Oct 20, 2011 12:38 AM
Jan 2010
Trying to follow this Anime is ridiculous, even if you manage to wrap your head around the insane Synopsis/Timeline there is no CONTEXT in the actual anime itself. They constantly talk about various events and other such nonsense as if we already know what their talking about, yet they leave us in the dark. It just seems like everything is gonna be crammed into a few episodes and that will be it.
Oct 20, 2011 4:06 AM
Jun 2008
oh anyway,about the changing the word matsudaira into Ariadust.I think I finally understand it ><" ref:[ vol1 partA page 119] I read it before but I just simply too stupid to understand last time lol

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/gloryfy/xx1-29.jpg

Tsrihc = Chirst
Murasai=Islam ( I sa ra mu )
Matsudaira= Ariadust

Making the word backward means that "returning back to our original world" , it simply means that we(juso sekai) want to return to the Real world(Far east) which is suppose to be ours.(during First episode before the battle start, one guy mention that "the world below should be ours")
But how can Motonobu making his academy word backward will appeal to the testament(seihu)... because Motonobu is in Far east's land lol .

anyway, if you know how to read japanese and you read the whole thing which I post(the link above) .. you can see that Commie kinda...ehhhh nvm
Oct 20, 2011 4:28 AM

Jul 2010
Finally the "story" is picking up a bit but I can't say this series is really grabbing me. They just throw you into the end of the story with a whole bunch of characters you don't know shit about and then even keep on switching locations which makes it even more confusing.

I'm going to give it one more episode and if it doesn't grab my interest then, I'm afraid I will have to drop this.

Oct 20, 2011 7:37 AM

Jul 2009
So, Toori is someone who was emotionally scarred, but now acts like a pervert and real sociable person? I guess that's partly realistic.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 20, 2011 11:22 AM
Sep 2010
I don't know why, but this episode induced a, ahem, episode of depression on me. With all that has happened to Toori, and how he wants to face it. I understand now why he's (designed) allways smilling but with sad eyes. >_>
Oct 20, 2011 12:35 PM

Jul 2011
This series looked for me very promising at the beginning, the second episode was a bit chaotic but funny at times, but as it looks now, it's getting more boring. I've just realised, that i like the series only because of great looks and great, hilarious seiyuu voicing of Aoi Toori, and don't find any other character that i like. You see "standard bullshit" everywhere ^^'''
Oct 20, 2011 11:21 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah it was interesting and people not understanding....sry people if you don't use your brains you will miss on this. There is no spoon feeding here anyone. The result is ????? I don't get it! While others like me get it.
Thanks to my buddies Morninglory and that other person who mentioned in doing actual history research that it helped. So you see they are all trolling you with the notion of "History repeats itself." And so the historical reinstatement of what separated Japan before all due to some catalytic element. More later. Think we should lick Morninglory a little? He is reading the novel and damn well sharing amazing thoughts from it.

Is that really the case with this anime? Am i seriously no paying attention am i so slow i cannot grasp what is going on even though we are through episode 3? Or am i missing something prior to watching this hmmm idk maybe background knowledge? Ive seen my share of complicated animes but not sense Black rock shooter have i been so confused( black rock shooter being nonsensical crap). Now i ask you this do you seriously understand this anime perfectly without replaying parts that fly right over your head? because im trying but this is just not working.
DarthVantosOct 21, 2011 6:07 AM
Oct 21, 2011 3:27 AM
Jun 2008
^
The official website for this Anime have ton of explanation .The Anime only mention the keyword, but they don't have the time to do the explanation.
Maybe doing a 24 episode( for volume1) will be enough, but it might end up an Anime full of dialogue lol.
Oct 21, 2011 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
MorningGlory said:
^
The official website for this Anime have ton of explanation .The Anime only mention the keyword, but they don't have the time to do the explanation.
Maybe doing a 24 episode( for volume1) will be enough, but it might end up an Anime full of dialogue lol.

Now you bring up something very important. If the anime it's self cannot inform the viewer with enough information to understand the story than what is the point of this adaption? Maybe that's not what you mean but you make sound as if the anime nitpicks at this complicated yet interesting story and only giving you a brief summary on what is happening than what the novel actually conveys.

And there is nothing wrong with an anime full of dialogue Katanagatari is not my favorites for no reason :P. But non the less in the example of katanagatari that is how you adapt a novel. But then again some of you people dont seem to have a problem with this type of broken story telling maybe it's just me.
Oct 21, 2011 6:50 AM

Oct 2010
DarthVantos brings an excellent example, as Katanagatari was 80% dialoge and yet STILL was able to keep the viewer glue to the screen.
I think researching content about a "complicated" anime is good once the series already ended (ie. wtf happen on the end of eva, or what did u just saw on dtb2). But having to go completely at out your way to try to understand a story while is been told... that just mean they are doing a terrible job as narrating it.

Anyways I have a good grasp at the events that are going on but there is no way I can remember all the characters. Every second someone pops out and I'm like, who where you (O_o?) and have to backtrack a bit.
huh?
Oct 21, 2011 9:16 AM
Jun 2008
katanagatari's dialogue is easy....I read the light Novel for it also.

So far this episode is not really complicated.Let me ask you, what do you don't understand in this episode. T.T
Oct 21, 2011 10:19 AM

May 2010
Okay is the plot going somewhere because I still have no GODDAMN idea WTH is going on. I don't care if the protagonist is stupid pervert but at least there is something going on here !!
Oct 21, 2011 12:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
MorningGlory said:
katanagatari's dialogue is easy....I read the light Novel for it also.

So far this episode is not really complicated.Let me ask you, what do you don't understand in this episode. T.T

It's very easy to understand once you know the background story... However, it's extremely disoriented and random for people who don't lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 21, 2011 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
Got to say that I'm pretty interested in this show now, I expected quite a bit of fan service but it seems that that has taken a back seat to the plot so far. I'm getting good vibes from this series, and I don't know why. I think I see some serious potential here, we'll see if it's realized.

Isn't this series split into two 13 episode seasons?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 21, 2011 3:58 PM
Jun 2008
back ground story...I guess the "image" of confuse will never be wipe off.Remind me of my first time of watching LotGH.Anyway,I don't like that anime,its confusing and doesn't have boob in it..lol

Since Masazumi is also confuse about Toori, I guess it will be fine if we just follow her progress of understanding the situation.
Oct 22, 2011 10:45 AM

May 2008
Orix said:

• DON'T THINK OF THIS AS A FANSERVICE ANIME. You'll just have a hard time thinking of the minor details if all you're thinking of is how many times characters will get groped at in an episode.

Except it totally IS a fanservice anime.

I really don't get why people are rushing to defend this crap.
Oct 22, 2011 10:50 AM

Jun 2011
Seriously the only problem i have with this anime is the amount of characters they have. They're like dumping 10+ new characters each episode, i cant keep up
Oct 22, 2011 2:42 PM

Aug 2009
So, why does everyone keep screaming "Judge!" randomly?
Oct 22, 2011 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
Dropped this piece of shit.... Far too many characters, and there's no way in hell I'm going to rewatch episodes and do research on the back story just to understand what the hell is going on. And I don't see anything good happening in only 13 episodes. This anime is such a flop....
Oct 22, 2011 11:06 PM

Oct 2007
I won't deny there is a lot of info dumping into these 3 episodes and it wasn't easy to follow it and as some people said because we, anime viewers, have no a clear background behind this makes it even harder to follow around. So I won't give the show the credit for being a good show but I can see the show has some potential to be an interesting show. I also hate the fact that this is only 13 episodes long. And I hope they are NOT thinking of cramping everything (4 volumes?) into just a mere 13 episodes. If that is the case I think we are doomed.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 23, 2011 10:47 AM

May 2009
If the story of the original novels is so complicated and thick, why this anime relies so much on fanservice rather than plot?
Oct 23, 2011 11:15 AM
Jun 2008
Arashi89 said:
If the story of the original novels is so complicated and thick, why this anime relies so much on fanservice rather than plot?
that's because the booby are too distracting lol
Oct 23, 2011 5:16 PM

May 2008
ended so quickly...

still dont get anything XD
Oct 24, 2011 3:01 AM

Jul 2008
tell that far it look bad
but i have good feeling about these will turn to be epic
after all the novel know of being on of the best light novils out there in japan
so ill gave these anime extra 3Ep chance
Oct 24, 2011 2:48 PM

Apr 2010
Siva said:
I won't deny there is a lot of info dumping into these 3 episodes and it wasn't easy to follow it and as some people said because we, anime viewers, have no a clear background behind this makes it even harder to follow around. So I won't give the show the credit for being a good show but I can see the show has some potential to be an interesting show. I also hate the fact that this is only 13 episodes long. And I hope they are NOT thinking of cramping everything (4 volumes?) into just a mere 13 episodes. If that is the case I think we are doomed.
I doubt they will show everything in those 13 episodes it seems to me there will be another season maybe even more then that.
Lately there have been many anime that end halfway only to pick up the story in a other season, even Fate/Zero seems to be divided into first and second season.

It's indeed harder to follow due to the fact that it based on the history of Japan which is something that most of us didn't learn to much about.
Most of us also didn't read the novels.
Tho i have to say that it's getting pretty interesting despite the fan service and the care free president who is very annoying.
Nov 5, 2011 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
Ahww man, I'm so confused after watching this episode... but I really like the anime so there's no way I'm gonna drop this :) The huge, fake and misplaced boobs kinda annoy me but well, Toori is so awesome he makes up for it ^^
Dec 1, 2011 7:44 PM

Mar 2010
Nonsensical bullshit. I'm sorry. That's exactly what it is. Either the script was written by a doujin artist, or I'm watching the Ecchi version of 16 different anime all at once. The plot hasn't followed a single idea, just a cramming of people/random facts/and whatever else they could fit in their. The only thing I want to ask myself is why am I going to continue watching this anime? I actually might need alcohol to sit through and watch this series. Or maybe I'll just laugh my way through this series. Either way, I don't have any hope for this series starting now. Not looking forward to the next.
Jun 5, 2012 8:06 AM

Jan 2011
This episode went by really fast for my feeling, I liked it.
Only one more episode info dumping left from what I've heard.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 1, 2012 8:31 AM

Feb 2012
I take it that you have read the LNs, MorningGlory, so don't try to be a smartass, the anime does one of the worst jobs at storytelling I've ever seen. You don't get it without prior knowledge even if you rewind this again and again.
Aug 21, 2012 2:24 PM

Jun 2012
The episodes seem to go by really quickly since they throw so much out there, still a bit confused but i like some things and i think it can only get better from here, it looks like shits about to get real.
Nov 12, 2012 1:47 PM

Jan 2012
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz /10
Dec 14, 2013 4:13 PM

Apr 2011
What the hell is going on in this cartoon

like seriously, all of them sexual innuendos are not gonna cover your confusing story.
Mar 31, 2014 1:29 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah I'm still a bit lost on what these characters are and what the plot is about besides confessing to a girl.
Jun 11, 2014 5:58 AM

Sep 2011
Tomo baby<3
Jul 15, 2014 9:11 AM

May 2012
Great episode, a tragic backstory and some great humor, but well let's see what's next!
Nov 14, 2014 12:45 AM

Jul 2013
Come on... still no action? And when will the info dump come? I actually have little to no idea on what this show is all about much less what's currently happening. This is the problem of some shows with complex plot, most of the time they fail to properly explain shit.
May 31, 2016 10:21 AM

Dec 2015
God this anime is so mediocre and boring...I'm giving it a chance but if it continues like this then I'll drop it
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 1, 2016 12:57 AM

Apr 2013
joe_g7 said:
God this anime is so mediocre and boring...I'm giving it a chance but if it continues like this then I'll drop it

If you went in that anime with that kind of mindset, I'm afraid you mistook what type of anime KyouHora was.
KyouHora is originally a novel series spawning over more than 20,000 pages, with hundred of characters, complex plots, one of the best if not THE best world building you can ever find in a novel, political negotiations, types of fights that you will never see somewhere else, dozen of romances being covered, and I could continue like this for a while because KyouHora has basically everything. But having everything also means it takes time.
This isn't bleach or NGNL. You may be more interested episodes 5-8 onward in your case, and by the second season though. At that point the anime studio pretty much gave up on explaining the world and focused more on fights/ecchi scenes.
Jun 1, 2016 2:15 AM

Dec 2015
Zefyris said:
joe_g7 said:

If you went in that anime with that kind of mindset, I'm afraid you mistook what type of anime KyouHora was.
KyouHora is originally a novel series spawning over more than 20,000 pages, with hundred of characters, complex plots, one of the best if not THE best world building you can ever find in a novel, political negotiations, types of fights that you will never see somewhere else, dozen of romances being covered, and I could continue like this for a while because KyouHora has basically everything. But having everything also means it takes time.
This isn't bleach or NGNL. You may be more interested episodes 5-8 onward in your case, and by the second season though. At that point the anime studio pretty much gave up on explaining the world and focused more on fights/ecchi scenes.

And they were right to do that, basic info about the world is all you need, otherwise the complexity will scare the viewers/readers away, with what you said I am sure that the novel must be great, how many volumes or chapters do the 2 seasons cover?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 1, 2016 3:05 AM

Apr 2013
joe_g7 said:
Zefyris said:

And they were right to do that, basic info about the world is all you need, otherwise the complexity will scare the viewers/readers away, with what you said I am sure that the novel must be great, how many volumes or chapters do the 2 seasons cover?

There were right for the sales considering those BD/DVD sold a lot, yes. But it's really sad that anime is a media where you have to do that to sell.

Season 1 covers volume 1 and 2 (1上 and 1下), season two covers volumes 3 and 4 (2上 and 2下). Which means around 3400 pages covered as a whole.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

116 by blacknemesist »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 27, 2011

80 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 7, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

77 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:16 PM

» Do the MC ever get powerful?

Amamiya__Ren - May 24, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
Jun 9, 2022 9:52 AM

» Why such a low rating? ( 1 2 )

rific - Nov 5, 2011

98 by realVICE »»
May 9, 2022 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.