Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 21, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, it was an okay episode.

I'm not really sold on Honoka's character yet, she's just uninteresting. Although from a story perspective, I think she is important with her relationship with characters like Ruru. The yuri vibes though.. I find that rather awkward seeing as it reflects the story panels from the shoujo manga.

Liked the relaxing atmosphere of the second half of this episode more with the group enjoying the experiences of their life even under the Kiznaiver system. At least Honoka is more accepting towards others even though her personality is still stubborn.

May 21, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
They visited the megane girl's manga partner, who had disease since birth. While talking to her parents, "fushigi-kei" girl got emotional. Final ch., which the girl who passed away did it herself, had no emotion. Their friendship got complicated. Then others trying to want to help her because they feel her pain. KajiKaji's character is actually having fun.

Megane girl's just afraid of losing her because of complicated relations. "Yuta-kun desu" guy wanting to help her the most and showing unexpected side. Not only reading the manga and understand the partner's feeling, he also answered her weird request.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 21, 2016 9:00 AM

Mar 2015
That yuri tension was so sexy.
Good episode, Honoka development finished, where we go next?
May 21, 2016 9:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Loved the implied Yuri lol

Besides that, this episode was filled with so much emotion.....I laughed, I cried and I smiled my tears away as my heart warmed up in joy

Beautiful episode and I'm happy for Honoka and the gang....RIP Ruru, even though life was quite unfair to you, you managed to touch the hearts of many...Mine included
May 21, 2016 9:05 AM

Apr 2015
I love the group dynamic they have. As a sucker for character centered shows I'm so enjoying this.

Also that Yuta run...at least he tried lol.
May 21, 2016 9:08 AM

Jan 2012
Dealing with Maki's tragic past with Ruru this week, pretty meh outing. The overcast atmosphere was nice, but this show hasn't earned me caring about tragic pasts like this one. I don't really care much for them in general too. So yeah, hope next week's better.
May 21, 2016 9:16 AM

Feb 2014
i like the characters but this ep was just meh
best part of the show has gotta be the into song lol
May 21, 2016 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
This is really a hidden gem. I'm so glad that I ignored 'action' tag. Really interesting story, great characters, wonderful art and animation, beautiful soundtrack. Well... I'm just able to fully enjoy this Anime.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 21, 2016 9:28 AM

May 2015
This episode had a really nice Anohana vibe going on, which I absolutely love. It really had some good tearjerker moments. I wonder what they felt when Maki was reading the manga. Are they starting to feel positive emotions and pleasant feelings from the Kiznaiver thing?
Either way, love the character development in this anime.
Rolling around at the speed of clumsy ⊿◉»»
Got places to go, gotta follow my bad luck ◕»» ☛✗
May 21, 2016 9:31 AM

May 2016
All this show has to do at this point, is to continue to be as strong as it is. I am sold, one way or another.

Also, I just have to mention how absolutely fucking incredible the music and the sound design are here. I hope the OST comes out on CD at some point, because I'm willing to spend money on this without a second thought.
May 21, 2016 9:38 AM

May 2016
This has to be my favorite episode of the series and one of my favorite episodes of the season so far. I wasn't really sold on Maki at first cause we've seen way too many characters like her. However, this time Ruru's story along with the beautiful scenery and the beautiful music did it for me. Of course the fact that they added a lesbian relationship without making it overly sexualized or having anyone comenting on it was also a bonus for me.

The only downside for me was that the others were a bit annoying at times... regardless of what might have happened with Ruru, we could also see that Maki has always been somewhat of a loner. I wasn't a big fan of the others calling her non-stop and going to her place to constantly ask to be friends. There are people who just prefer to be alone and hate this pressure to socialize. While seeing the others actually swim in the ocean for her friendship was nice, I really hope Maki's personality doesn't change drastically and that they respect her personal space.
May 21, 2016 9:39 AM

Oct 2009
The YURI is strong in this one.
But the feels are STRONGER!!! </3 </3 </3

So the actual manga really is based on their relationship, and Yuta got dragged into it lmao
Well, that ends the Maki arc. Yuta oh Yuta..... you beast! <3 So MANLY! <3 especially when he waited for her and he swam first for HER!! My kokoro <3

Yuta x Maki ♥ ♥ ♥ Even if there's no conclusion about their ship, i still-I-I- I SHIP IT SO HARD!!!!11!!!!!1!!

And it's gonna be Tenga x Chidori next week! This is gonna be SWEET!! ♥

and I'm just gonna leave this Hisomu x Nico Screencap here xD ♥ Can't wait for their arc!!

May 21, 2016 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
Honoka is finally opening up to everyone :D

Yuta x Honoka needs to be a thing

May 21, 2016 9:48 AM

Oct 2009
Fappa said:

Also that Yuta run...at least he tried lol.

LMAO, I was so emotional at that point but then he ran. xD xD xD

OrangeJP said:

Honoka is finally opening up to everyone :D

Yuta x Honoka needs to be a thing

Too bad her arc ended. :/
But still, THEY NEED TO DO BE A THING!! XD

May 21, 2016 9:49 AM

Apr 2015
Decent episode. The Yuri vibes are not really my thing.

Btw so the girl who died loved Honoka in a romantic way or just like friends because she said I love your smile?

Also did Honoka mean she loved her too by saying "Me too" ?

May 21, 2016 9:51 AM

Jan 2015
It was a really nice episode. Really liked it.

LOL WHEN YUTA RAN!
May 21, 2016 9:52 AM

Oct 2009
Soli18 said:

Btw so the girl who died loved Honoka in a romantic way or just like friends because she said I love your smile?

I think they both meant it Romantically.
Since you know, the character from the manga are based on them.
Plus, Maki had that inner conflict talk with Yuta of pursuing her love for Ruru before she died.

May 21, 2016 9:56 AM

Apr 2015
Thug_Gou said:
Soli18 said:

I think they both meant it Romantically.
Since you know, the character from the manga are based on them.
Plus, Maki had that inner conflict talk with Yuta of pursuing her love for Ruru before she died.

Alrighty thanks for the fast reply mate appreciate it.
May 21, 2016 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
What an emotional episode! Probably my favorite episode thus far. I was almost on the verge of tearing up and the group dynamic of the Kiznaivers is amazing. I love seeing all the members getting closer to one another ;)

Also, according to photo from Nori-chan, Katsuhira apparently used to have brown hair before the Kiznaiver experiment. Could it be that the rest of the kids from (what I assume to be) the original Kiznaiver experiment died or the experiment simply failed? Any speculations? I predict it was because the kids that they experimented on beforehand were too young and something went wrong during the process. That is why the new experiment uses a batch of much older teenagers for the experiment to build upon their old mistakes.

"Anime is trash and so am I."
May 21, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2015
Honoka was afraid to fall (deeply) in love with Ruru and at the same time she felt hurt pushing her away. The OST use was pretty alright and the way they used the manga to solve it felt a bit off, but the fireworks/swimming scenes were great. I'm starting to like the chemistry they all have with each other so far.
May 21, 2016 10:03 AM

May 2009
I love Yuta and Maki (:
They have this "bond"
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
May 21, 2016 10:06 AM

Sep 2015
Honoka is really a good character, her past is well made imo

The scene when Yuta is running xD
May 21, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 2015
I guess that's where Maki learn how to "seduce" Yuta in the previous episode... From her own Yuri lesson in the past.
At least Yuta's do what he's gotta do, even his way of running seems too awkward. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 21, 2016 10:11 AM

May 2015
Yuta x Maki are my ship, first they were hilarious together being mean to each other but I'm glad they learned to like each other.

It was cute the romance, finally something deep and not just for cheap fanservice.
May 21, 2016 10:16 AM

Oct 2009
Mascera said:
I guess that's where Maki learn how to "seduce" Yuta in the previous episode... From her own Yuri lesson in the past.
At least Yuta's do what he's gotta do, even his way of running seems too awkward. LOL

OMG I needed that gif in my life

savin it

May 21, 2016 10:24 AM

Dec 2014
Quite an emotional episode, Even though it had a poignant mood throughout it turned out to be really sweet, Especially towards the end. Definitely the best episode of Kiznaiver till date.

Bittersweet backstory for Maki. Yuri ship ftw XD

Everyone asking Maki to be their friend was really sweet.

I ship Yuta x Maki too, Yuta was really great this episode. I laughed so hard when I saw him running towards the sea XD
Touching finale to the episode with all of them growing closer :)
May 21, 2016 10:31 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wonderful episode. Yuta x Honoka <3333333
May 21, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2010
Probably best ep so far. Quite a few feelz at the end there.

Nico was adorable this ep <3

Dat Yuta run tho lol
May 21, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
Honoka is fucking HOT.

Whoever designed the characters really nailed the eyes btw, this anime has the prettiest eyes.
May 21, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
The episode was quite emotional.

The yuri in this episode was okay!
May 21, 2016 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
I think the action tag for this series will come into play in the last few episodes. Either that, or it'd be like the non-existent romance in KonoSuba even though IIRC that show had the Romance tag on it.

Nice episode regardless.
May 21, 2016 10:49 AM

Dec 2014
Run, Yuta, run! Animators must have had fun there haha.

Fun and pretty emotional episode.
I need sleep.
May 21, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2014
Maki and Ruru were basically Barakaman (Female Version)
May 21, 2016 10:58 AM
Sep 2015
Another great episode, but as with others, that Yuta run was what made it for me :P
May 21, 2016 11:00 AM
Nov 2015
Thug_Gou said:
The YURI is strong in this one.
But the feels are STRONGER!!! </3 </3 </3

So the actual manga really is based on their relationship, and Yuta got dragged into it lmao
Well, that ends the Maki arc. Yuta oh Yuta..... you beast! <3 So MANLY! <3 especially when he waited for her and he swam first for HER!! My kokoro <3

Yuta x Maki ♥ ♥ ♥ Even if there's no conclusion about their ship, i still-I-I- I SHIP IT SO HARD!!!!11!!!!!1!!

And it's gonna be Tenga x Chidori next week! This is gonna be SWEET!! ♥

and I'm just gonna leave this Hisomu x Nico Screencap here xD ♥ Can't wait for their arc!!

Agreed to basically everything you just said
May 21, 2016 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
These last two episodes were wonderful
May 21, 2016 11:04 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
lezerman said:
That yuri tension was so sexy.
Good episode, Honoka development finished, where we go next?

With what they said after the ED (''Tenga-kun is about to get lost in the labyrinth of love'') it could be a Tenga episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 21, 2016 11:16 AM

Nov 2015
Good ep for Honoka atleast, more backstory for Honoka and Ruru surprisingly!
Rest of the ep just evolved around them, unlike last week no Kiznaiver involvements.
May 21, 2016 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
It looks like what I predicted back when Maki first admitted to killing someone ended up being true. She didn't actually straight up murder someone, the person simply died yet she felt responsible.

The implied yuri and that Yuta run though.........I have no words for either lol. Lets see what direction this show takes now that Maki's story is over.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 21, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
I have every reason to believe that Honoka is at least Bi, and Yuta x Honoka is a thing.

Also, that "swim for my friendship scene" where Yuta ran like a.....Titan? Does he not know how to run?

Good ep.
May 21, 2016 11:48 AM

Apr 2015
So far, this episode is really interesting but... that Yuta run though... XD
Credits: @Fanatique1337
May 21, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
Emotional episode for sure, but I don't feel as if I care about this anywhere near as much as I actually should.
May 21, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2007
I am beginning to think that Okada dumped all of the melodrama in Mayoiga. Still waiting for this to completely go the usual Okada way.

So far not that interesting of a show - just a bunch of people in weird clothes talking about their emotions, just without any actual hook to that.

The show is not bad. The show is not good. The show simply IS.

Let's hope Okada Twist is coming soon.
May 21, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
I am beginning to think that Okada dumped all of the melodrama in Mayoiga. Still waiting for this to completely go the usual Okada way.

So far not that interesting of a show - just a bunch of people in weird clothes talking about their emotions, just without any actual hook to that.

The show is not bad. The show is not good. The show simply IS.

Let's hope Okada Twist is coming soon.

Damn. I couldn't find the right way to put it, but this is about accurate.
May 21, 2016 12:43 PM

Oct 2013
Fantastic episode. The scene where they swam in the ocean while Maki watched was maybe my favorite scene this season.
Code Geass is the most fun anime of all time, objectively speaking.
May 21, 2016 12:44 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I liked this one a lot, really nice development for Maki whose finally decided to be part of the team.

Poor Nico! I'll be your friend!

Good job Maki, forget those disgusting yuri thoughts. Yuta is the one for you!
May 21, 2016 1:14 PM

Nov 2015
that was a heavy hitter, what a great episode.
May 21, 2016 1:28 PM

Jun 2015
Hibikase said:
What an emotional episode! Probably my favorite episode thus far. I was almost on the verge of tearing up and the group dynamic of the Kiznaivers is amazing. I love seeing all the members getting closer to one another ;)

Also, according to photo from Nori-chan, Katsuhira apparently used to have brown hair before the Kiznaiver experiment. Could it be that the rest of the kids from (what I assume to be) the original Kiznaiver experiment died or the experiment simply failed? Any speculations? I predict it was because the kids that they experimented on beforehand were too young and something went wrong during the process. That is why the new experiment uses a batch of much older teenagers for the experiment to build upon their old mistakes.

Well if we all go off of this picture it appears that makes them childhood "friends" and we all know anime law that the childhood friend never wins in the end lol
May 21, 2016 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
To be fair, this is my favorite anime this season but even though I love it I dont know where it's going.

I mean, whats the point of them chilling all together and what's the deal with Sonozakis childhood friendship with Kacchon?

Anyways, I liked seeing Makis background with her friend and her feeling guilty about her death makes her a pretty sincere character that I really start to like.

ALSO CAN WE APPRECIATE HOW CUTE NICO IS IN THIS EPISODE SHE IS SO CARING AND AHH I LOVE HER
May 21, 2016 1:47 PM
Jan 2016
Loved the Yuta run as I will be calling it from now on. Great episode did an awesome job of closing up the arc and am UBER excited to see where it's going to go next!
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.