Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 30, 2016 9:58 PM

Aug 2015
This image made sense for this episode:

Still wondering if any of those four pairings will actually going to happen or most of them will make a big tumble especially the love square. Oh well... this series focused on relationships among characters rather than the plot... I guess I should adjust my focus for this show since I am quite intrigue with the Kizuna system rather than their interactions, though those interactions are pretty good overall.

Too many best girls by the way.

Edit: I forgot this show is about bonds (kizuna). So it really focused on relationships.
Frankies_MonsterApr 30, 2016 10:15 PM

Apr 30, 2016 10:05 PM

Aug 2015
I'm thoroughly enjoying this series so far, poor jealous Chidori, I like the masochist guy though :D
Apr 30, 2016 10:06 PM

Oct 2009
Frankies_Monster said:

LOL yeah, same. I just found this pic too. and they're really hinting on the couples.

bbbbbbut but but. What if there's also a love square for the Yuta x Honoka x Hisomu x Nico? Just like in Sonozaki x Katsuhira x Chidori x Tenga

haha ok... I'm letting my imagination run wild (*´艸`*)

Apr 30, 2016 10:43 PM

Nov 2010
I have no idea why some people here are desperately waiting for the plot.

I actually dreaded the plot. This show seems working when it's not taking its shit seriously. Just watching for crazy antics, comedy, chemistry, and literal forced drama (probably some shipping as well? just when it's not annoying). When it's starting to makes sense (if it ever might, I doubt it will), it's also when everything falls down.
Apr 30, 2016 11:28 PM
Jan 2015
Pacing is the main enemy of this show. I still like Kiznaiver but it has to choose if it wants to present a filler-ish episode or something that will move the plot. It can't straddle the two at the same time in an episode.

Well, it remains an entertaining show though. I will be happy for the main plot IF AND ONLY IF it will not be thrown in a rushed manner later on.

I know this is a sort of shameless advertisement but here's my blog as I give quick reviews about Spring 2016 shows. Thanks for paying a visit!
Apr 30, 2016 11:32 PM

Oct 2015
Interesting episode, The next one sounds pretty funny form the preview.
Apr 30, 2016 11:39 PM

Mar 2016
Cejara said:
Is this supposed to be a slice of life anime? I was expecting more of something alone the lines like a thriller, suspense, maybe action, mystery. Not that there is anything wrong with SoL anime, but I was just expecting something different. Maybe I should change my expectations, so I won't be disappointed?

The concept can work as a slice of life, actually._.
No seriously.
May 1, 2016 12:08 AM

Dec 2015
participant_no_5 said:
Cejara said:
Is this supposed to be a slice of life anime? I was expecting more of something alone the lines like a thriller, suspense, maybe action, mystery. Not that there is anything wrong with SoL anime, but I was just expecting something different. Maybe I should change my expectations, so I won't be disappointed?

The concept can work as a slice of life, actually._.

Oh definitely, and I don't mind SoL at all, but it just seems like if it stays as a SoL it would have a lot of wasted potential with all the stuff they can do with the plot points they presented us. If its a SoL anime then I would just change my expectation and enjoy it as is. I just don't really know what it is right now except kind of dull?
May 1, 2016 2:05 AM
Apr 2014
Whenever I look at Honoka all I see is Moeka from Stein's Gate. It's probably just me, but I was wondering if anyone else thought that too.
May 1, 2016 2:28 AM

Apr 2016
To me, the Kizuna System is basically forcing them to make friends and keep them.

Kacchon tried to 'connect' with Hisomu. Look what happened - he felt more pain than the others. Perhaps, the stronger the bond, the more pain is felt? Sonozaki is plotting something and I want to know what it is.

Also, I'm actually kind of enjoying these episodes. But I agree with Cejara - it would be a waste if this was SoL.
May 1, 2016 2:48 AM

Aug 2009
So...
is what I got from this episode.

It must also be pretty harrowing to have a masochist connected to you in this situation (or really any situation). But the strangest thing of all might be Sonozaki and her motivations. Is she this show's version of Jeff Probst, and we're on some kind of modern reality show? Hopefully some actual conflict is raised with the other members of the Kizuna collective to give this story some direction - a la the ending with Urashibara. Loving the atmosphere, characters, and visual so far.

Now we know why Gomorin does everything... a true civil servant.
May 1, 2016 3:43 AM
Feb 2015
i wonder what the women feel when a guy is getting kicked in the balls

would be kinda cool if that happend

i know i am weird
May 1, 2016 4:19 AM

Mar 2015
Thug_Gou said:
Frankies_Monster said:

LOL yeah, same. I just found this pic too. and they're really hinting on the couples.

And in the end of episode, where each of characters is standing, looking on Tenga and Chidori, they are forming a couples: Katsuhira and Sonozaki, then Honoka and Yuto, and in far end Niko and Hisomu.
TlahuizcapanteMay 1, 2016 4:34 AM
May 1, 2016 4:32 AM
Mar 2016
im here still waiting when will tenga violates sonozaki...
May 1, 2016 4:46 AM

Jan 2015
They are in some deep shit with this masochist, some real deep shit.
MADAFAKA YUTA JUST GOT ROASTED.
Sonozaki looks very good wearing the megane!
The orange like haired girl is like Mako
Sonozaki's neck thinner than fucking pocky.
Dafaq, that was a real gun
We are getting some development between Tenga and osananajimi, good. I approve.
Sonozaki best grill
Not bad, needed more Hisomu moaning
3.1/5
Episode had some character development, overall good!
May 1, 2016 5:52 AM

Jan 2009
Ahhh that was amazing. I really can't wait for the next episode! The character chemistry is so great and I reaaaaally like how this show is starting to go.

The bgm was pretty good too! The OP is still giving me the chills uhhh yeashhhh
May 1, 2016 6:49 AM

Apr 2015
Chidori tsundere moments is just the best thing . I think she and Tenga will make a really good couple. Though i still shipped her with Katsuhira but childhood friend always lose, doesn't it?

That ending, did the counselor gave them a similar Kizuna System?
May 1, 2016 7:16 AM

Jul 2011
SONOZAKI WITH GLASSES IS 10/10 BAE <3

SO MANY SHIPPSSSS ~
May 1, 2016 8:51 AM
Aug 2014
Nico's voice is the cutest thing in the world
wow this is my first second post.
FabulousCupcakeMay 1, 2016 8:55 AM
May 1, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2009
So the Kiznaiver system has been used more than once. I feel like there is a serious flaw in the system however.

Chidori confirmed girl who is getting stepped over. Being Chidori is suffering.

Sonozaki and Katsuhira seem to have a past. Maybe they were both Kiznaiver before, but it seems like they were the only two who were left by the end of the system. It would explain the emotionlessness the two of them share. So much pain over a short period could do that at such a young age. Could either of them every get back their pain? I'm not sure.
May 1, 2016 10:57 AM
Mar 2016
MozillaFennekin said:
I lost my shit when the counselor just pulled out an actual gun and shot the machine.
Fucking Trigger.

I thin it was the first time I actually laughed at the show
May 1, 2016 11:03 AM
Mar 2016
What I got, Nico's too annoying, but she's being very well used, Tenga won't end with Chidori and the producers really just want people to think about that as a possibility but i don't see it happening.
May 1, 2016 11:09 AM
Mar 2016
machixmachi said:
Oh noooooo! I don't like Tenga x Chidori ship, please don't do it, Trigger

Unfortunately is a certainty.
May 1, 2016 12:10 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty fun episode, I'm actually looking forward to the next one. #ChidoriBestGirl
May 1, 2016 12:51 PM

Jun 2015
I don't like the character development.
Kacchon is slowly becoming a stereotype all-loving stupid MC while Chidori is going down the tsundere road. I'm sick an tired of tsunderes. She was avoiding cliches so well untill now, why do you have to destroy her character?
May 1, 2016 1:57 PM

Dec 2013

that burn - holy shit xD

enjoyed this episode! really nice anime to relax a little imo
May 1, 2016 3:51 PM
Apr 2012
Tenga x Chidori. This is some Gurren Lagann shit right here.
May 1, 2016 5:04 PM

Feb 2015
rsc-pl said:
The only one thing which I don't like is Honoka. Even that new guy is bearable, because in the end, he is funny.
Rest is pretty interesting and this Anime looks just awesome (especially if you watching it after something really bad looking like Asterisk).
I didn't watch anything else from Trigger yet. Is their anime always had THAT good visuals?

No, most of Trigger's productions honestly look horrible visually. Kiznaiver is definitely the outlier in that regard as it actually does look pretty good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2016 5:10 PM

Mar 2015
This may have been my favorite episode so far. I'm really liking the chemistry between the characters.
May 1, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2010
Couldn't care any less about Honoka and Yuta, the rest of the characters atleast are likable and interesting to me.
May 1, 2016 6:24 PM

Jul 2012
DespoAMV said:

that burn - holy shit xD

enjoyed this episode! really nice anime to relax a little imo

Well, ladies and gentleman, this gets the prize for best burn in anime I've ever seem. GIIIIIIIIRL I laughed so much I had to stop watching for a minute xD

I'm really enjoying this show so far.
Not really hoping for a lot of action tho, I mean, they are talking mostly about kizuna right? Bonds. So I think it is going to be focused on the relationships between them probably...

May 1, 2016 7:03 PM

Feb 2014
Tiemuuu said:
BlueBalls said:
I don't understand why Kill la Kill is rated 8+ while this is around 7,5, is it because there aren't enough "cool" fight scenes, not enough fanservice?

People say it's not "serious" enough, well maybe it's not supposed to be.

..As if Kill la Kill was ever "serious", what did people expect out of this show really?

to be fair, KLK had very strong strong direction from the get go, and was overall more of a spectacle. I like both series very much.

Yes exactly. Both are very different. KLK has tons of action and just makes you jump in your seat with the insanity going on screen, it's just a totally different experience and that type of show makes people go wild, thus higher ratings initially. Don't get me wrong, KLK is one of my favorite shows, but it's the truth that type of show gets a much better initial impression than a show like Kiznaiver. Like you said, the direction was there right from the beginning.

No matter what a show does, build up episodes in the beginning usually result in a show being rated lower in the first few weeks until it hits the breaking point where everything comes together and the real meat of the plot is in sight. People don't realize that this build up is essential to the plot, it pains me to see people being like, "OMG, so boring! Get on with it!" But then everyone would be bitching that it's too rushed and doesn't flow well lol. You just can't win I guess.

I have always been a supporter of build up episodes and like them because that is the glue that keeps the plot and characters together, without it, everything would fall apart. Sure, there's some shows that can drag and have a lot of pointless content (a la Charlotte), but I don't believe Kiznaiver is one of them. There has been a lot of clues to the greater plot and we're learning a lot about the characters. Joker Game is going through a similar rating process as Kizaniver. Once they both hit the "breaking point" ratings will go up since people will realize, "oh wow! I guess all the build up was worth it!" It's the same process every time it seems, a lot of people don't seem to realize that though =/

Some people just want shows to hit the ground running no matter what, but not every show works that way.

(sorry for the rant haha)
May 1, 2016 8:49 PM

May 2015
Esedeath on glasses was made this day so colorful

i'm ships tenga x chidori, first ship who i'm shipping on this show lel
May 1, 2016 8:54 PM

Oct 2013
This ep felt a lot better than the others. Sonozaki with glasses is so cute!

The balance between comedy and drama felt a little more natural this time. Maybe because there wasn't much drama at all lol. More information about the system, and a pair of separate kiznaivers? Looks like the teachers are in on it too. I assume next week's ep will be a character building one.

I don't mind this being more comedic, but I wish they would be a little clearer about the direction they are trying to go for? Sometimes I think it's going to be a dark, serious drama, other times it feels like a silly slice of life series. With only 12 episodes my biggest fear is that this will try to wave around an intelligent plot on episode 11 lol, but i'm remaining optimistically cautious, since it's only ep 4 and the characters clearly still need some more time to gel and bond with each other.

4/5
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
May 1, 2016 9:20 PM

Dec 2009
Chidori is going to be a huge cockblock the entire time i can feel it

she'll be annoying as fuck until the very end
May 1, 2016 9:32 PM

Jan 2009
ah typical childhood friend like Chidori will never win, but i still like Chidori more
May 1, 2016 11:10 PM
May 2016
I'm not really sure who I ship yet. So many good options!
May 1, 2016 11:21 PM
May 2016
While this episode was definitely slower paced than the prior three, I feel like it's setting up their next 'mission' (Something to do with the two bullies turned Kiznaivers who are in a different circuit than them?), so the slow-pace may reward us next week. The character's relationships are becoming more and more interesting, as they begin to be fleshed out as individuals. I feel like this is going to go the direction of KlK where the original pseudo-antagonist turns out to be in favor of the protagonist(s), though that admittedly is probably just because of the Trigger connection.
May 1, 2016 11:41 PM

Feb 2012
First part with Hisomu was really funny for me. I'm totally loving how these characters are not really so bland. We got a guy who's really into the looks, and a girl who really got a terrible personality. Nico looking so genuinely happy when they got to exchange emails was just so cute. ;_;

Really digging the art, but although Hisomu is a favorite, I don't really see how he's "hot". But well ok sure. Yuta-kun desu's oppais are bigger!

I still don't know where is this going, but the ship hints... I hope they all sink. :")

Karrwin said:
Is it just me or there is high posibility that Yoshiharu is that kid from Katsuhira's past and not Sonozaki? He even has bandage around his neck.

I'd say it's a low possibility since they even showed Sonozaki's face, but then again, why all the mystery if they just made it more obvious that it's her? I also got a weird feeling when I saw his bandage. But there were two kids running around during her scene on the ED so idk but maybe yes, maybe no, maybe his bandage is just for the kicks.
BearMay 1, 2016 11:44 PM

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

May 2, 2016 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
The episode is slow at this, but the links between the various characters continues and begin to see already the first advances, nothing exceptional in terms of originality, in fact reviewing situations now already seen and re-seen, however, the narrative tone is quite funny and what is more than enough for me, I hope, however, there is also the other in the future, given that some things do not add up and the plot is a little flattening. Good quality of the drawings, a bit less than that of the CG.
May 2, 2016 8:22 AM

Aug 2014
Ok the counselor with the rifle is just plainly trying too hard.
May 2, 2016 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
Nico and Yoshiharu are my spirit animals.
May 2, 2016 1:01 PM

Feb 2016
we get to know more about the kiznaiver project and the rest was mainly comedy and a little character development. also some insight into the relationships between the characters was given with this episode.
May 2, 2016 4:25 PM

Jul 2013
Episode 4 usually makes or breaks a series for me. Had to give it a 5/5

The group dynamics are quite entertaining and I feel that each character is letting their guard down naturally.

There's still a lot left unexplained but I'm more than happy to go on such an interesting ride.

Can't get enough of that op
May 2, 2016 6:31 PM

Jan 2013
Another solid and enjoyable episode.
Nice progress from Chidori.
I'm surprised Noriko was so up to hanging out and acting the way she does.
May 2, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
Aye, sick burn from Honoka there.
May 3, 2016 2:35 AM

Jun 2013
Boring episode again.

I thought the introduction of Hisomu would make things interesting but even he's becoming a bore.

I feel as if Trigger fanfreaks are just trying to make excuses for this series just simply because it's created by Studio Trigger. Not every series that studio vomits will turn into a masterpiece.
臭い-
May 3, 2016 4:01 AM

Dec 2012
Another funny episode. The new mission started, I hope it gets more serious.
May 3, 2016 5:10 AM
Jul 2015
The masochist is literally my fave alongside all the other guys.

I am not feeling blue haired girl and the other 3 girls are bearable.
But Honoka literally slayed me with her comeback towards Yuta :P
May 3, 2016 7:40 AM

Dec 2009

This is definitely an interesting show, however it's sorta taken a turn to the normal side. I was expecting it to keep up that quasi-surreal madness it started with.

Bibimbapski said:
I feel as if Trigger fanfreaks are just trying to make excuses for this series just simply because it's created by Studio Trigger. Not every series that studio vomits will turn into a masterpiece.
Uh, there's really hardly anything this studio has actually made, most of their history is in animating stuff for other studios. Under their name is Kill la Kill (which i didn't like), Little Witch Academia (there's not enough of this), Inou Battle (which was too short to do anything good with), and whatever Inferno Cop is... Rest are just shorts or ads. I wouldn't know where all there fans woulda come from, unless they were obsessed with KLK.
GenesisAriaMay 3, 2016 8:04 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.