Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 2016 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol this episode is kinda funny and stylish with the way it started and Wendy getting involved.

A case opened already as well. As usual, we have to evidence, witnesses, etc.
Wendy's reactions made this episode rather amusing. Such fast talking LOL. Wendy underestimated Ryuuichi.
Apr 30, 2016 1:58 AM

Aug 2012
They really nailed Oldbag but Penny didn't even get to talk.

Don't like how fast the pacing is.

Too bad there is no ladder/stepladder argument.
Apr 30, 2016 2:52 AM
Jan 2016
I'm entertained by this episode. Even if I don't understand word for word what they said I think they did a decent job of "streamlining" the dialogue of this episode. The investigations may feel a bit rushed but there really is nothing interesting in the first investigation of the case in the game. The trial is faster than in the game but still the general idea and flow is faithful to the game. Animation does not hurt my eyes that much anymore as compared to ep 3, which was really awful, but still it can be improved on some parts. Looks like the next episode is purely investigations part and the episode after will be the big confrontation.

If indeed we will have 3 eps for this case, we have 6 episodes remaining for the 4th case since it is confirmed that the first cour of this anime will have 13 eps according to the bluray/dvd website of the anime (the 5th case is great, but I do not want it adapted to the series if they want to rush either the fourth or the fifth).
Apr 30, 2016 4:27 AM

Dec 2012
Nice to see Mayoi work with Naruhodo. She sure is hyper active & enthusiastic about the Steel Samurai.
They sped through the investigation part.
The annoying Oldbag makes her appearance. Lol not even Mitsurugi can handle her.
Seems like she has more info at the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 30, 2016 4:40 AM

Nov 2015
Of course this case won't end anytime soon Ryuuichi! You just stalled it another say dammit!
The ep was funny in the courthouse only, with the investigation being null.
Reiji's reactions were quite good and the old lady was funny too.
Apr 30, 2016 4:50 AM

Mar 2015
Phoenix getting nailed in the nose by Maya's broom genuinely made me laugh.
The whole Edgey and Oldbag thing was good too.

Nothing too bad, but they have to slow down the pacing. The average time getting through the first day on Turnabout Samurai is 20ish minutes, but I guess it's too boring to actually investigate, huh?
It's also weird that they showed the kid straight up.
Apr 30, 2016 4:55 AM

Dec 2013
Maya was pretty adorable in the beginning of the episode.

Poor Phoenix is barely hanging in there. It's not looking good for poor Powers.

Judging from the preview this case is going to be 3 episodes long. Not sure how I feel about that but I'm just going have to wait and see how it goes down.

Edgeworth's reactions to Oldbag and her antics are hilarious to watch.

Dat rage face!
Apr 30, 2016 5:23 AM

Dec 2014
I really liked this episode quite interesting characters and Oba chan is herself suspicious but we all know it's not her
Apr 30, 2016 5:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The grandma makes me laugh lol....I'm curious to find out who really killed the man

Also Steel Samurai's actor is such a great guy man
Apr 30, 2016 5:29 AM

Jan 2015
That LOL moment. And then I think... "Duh, this Anime is about "Law" after all".
But the moment Saburo confessed to Naruhodo, all that laugh drastically become into... You know what I mean.
And then got laugh again the moment that old hag giving her testimony and teasing "Micchan" too.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 30, 2016 6:21 AM
Jan 2013
Looks like the part where Phoenix crush a child's hope and dream will be in the studio instead...
No ladder-stepladder joke. Point down!

Will Powers enter the courtroom twice!
Apr 30, 2016 6:26 AM
Jun 2014
Looks like they're rushing this through in 3 episodes to (rightfully) devote more episodes to Turnabout Goodbyes. I can't really complain with this pacing since the investigation parts of Turnabout Samurai were pretty boring, and rushing the next case would be a crime.
Apr 30, 2016 6:51 AM

Apr 2013
They skimmed through the first day investigation quickly, and instead explained the findings of the investigation during the trial, which is a good thing since what you learned during the investigation will still be explained by Detective Gumshoe anyway (in most of the cases, first trial), so I suppose A-1 found a way to cut more scenes out of the show, eh?

I really liked how they depicted Will Powers, his character design is spot on, as well as his voice, totally the same as how I envisioned him to be. Wendy Oldbag isn't too shabby either, with her endless chatter and her winking towards Edgeworth (glad they didn't remove this part) totally faithful to the source material. Didn't like how Cody Hackins is drawn, he looked rather... off.

Is the first game confirmed to have 13 episodes? Maybe they will leave more airing time for the 2nd game? As the 2nd game has longer cases.

Apr 30, 2016 7:05 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pretty fun episode. The old lady might be lying about the fact that other people were there, just to protect herself.

4/5
Apr 30, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2010
I swear I melted at Von Karma's voice.

TyrelApr 30, 2016 11:43 AM

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Apr 30, 2016 7:16 AM
Apr 2014
lmao the animation for the steel samurai scene is better than the one for the actual show
What a rushed clusterfuck, characters are shown before they're supposed to, witnesses not presented properly, ZERO fucking evidence and no investigation.
Apr 30, 2016 7:19 AM

Aug 2013
Mayoi is awesome :D
And yeah, animation of Steel Samurai was awesome comparing to rest of this show.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 30, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2013
I like the fact that Phoenix haven't pay the rent for his office yet in his apartment there's plasma TV.

Anyway this episode was awful. The animation is very bad to the point that it is distracting. Compared to last episode it worsened. They skipped a lot of detail and interview in the investigation. 10 minutes for investigation, I mean really ?

Also it's quite astonishing the majority of the reviews here on MAL give the show positive score while it's getting backlashed from the very beginning it aired.
DannyTheDonkeyApr 30, 2016 9:05 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 30, 2016 7:40 AM
Jan 2016
Lord_Odous said:

Is the first game confirmed to have 13 episodes? Maybe they will leave more airing time for the 2nd game? As the 2nd game has longer cases.

http://www.aniplex.co.jp/gyakuten/news/

It's in Japanese so google translate is needed. There is one part where it says the first cour (GT mistranslates it as "cool") will have 13 episodes.
Apr 30, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 2016
Xushu said:

I think they're saving episode 7 to be entirely dedicated to the last trial day. That's why they're burning through

...I think.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Apr 30, 2016 9:00 AM

Mar 2012
why did they skip the investigation like that????? M E S S Y

at least we could see the best character of the series aka queendy oldbag
Apr 30, 2016 9:26 AM
Feb 2013
Definitely feels like the directing and quality is better. The case also feels more enjoyable than I remember in the game.

If this case finishes by Episode 7, we might have SIX episodes dedicated for the fourth case. Which is a good amount of time to fit in a lot of the dialogue in the case and not rush it too badly.
Apr 30, 2016 10:24 AM
May 2015
I liked this episode, the investigation was skipped but hey, it was really boring anyway. The trial, however, was the best one they've done.

I'm scared about the next episode because from the preview, it sure looks as if it will be rushed a lot more.

By the way, why is no one confused that they showed Penny when Phoenix was looking for the "possible culprit" even though we haven't seen her at all?
Apr 30, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2015
Another easy and pretty boring case....
Apr 30, 2016 10:53 AM

Jul 2015
I still can't bring myself to like this mix of comedy and mystery because it really drags the atmosphere down.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 30, 2016 11:06 AM
Sep 2011
This was one of the most boring cases in the series, so I don't mind a bit of glossing over the investigation, but wow was it rushed.

At least the gallery (people watching the trial) wasn't in CG this time.

As someone who's played every game in the series (except for a few spinoffs), I kinda think that the security lady's rambling works better in text, where you're scrambling just to understand what's rapidly scrolling on and off the screen. It doesn't really take away from the adaptation though, especially when the series in general is known to be kinda ridiculous.

Also we finally see Maya/Mayoi eating, and it's neither burgers no miso ramen. Still think they're trying too hard to make her cutesy and moe. Maybe it's just cause her voice sounds so delicate. Honestly I think Yukari Tamura would have been a better fit.

Still not loving this adaptation, but I'm less pessimistic about it this week, so that's good.
Apr 30, 2016 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
The Steel Samurai's actor is a great guy!

The grandma is probably lying about there are more people around!
Apr 30, 2016 12:00 PM
May 2015
Mayoi is really adorable.
I never played the games before but the cases are pretty predictable.
Apr 30, 2016 12:10 PM

Oct 2012
Although this episode was rushed, I think I enjoyed it a lot more than the last few, mainly because they took some liberties with the sequence of events, like with how they introduced the boy on the first day.

I also like how they briefly showed the other people in the studios instead of them keeping them absolutely secret until Oldbag ratted them out.

Also, no ladder-stepladder argument. :\
Apr 30, 2016 12:13 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty stupid how once again the investigation stuff gets skipped. What the hell....it's not one of the best cases but it doesn't need to be so rushed either.

@RLinksoul

I have to agree with you on the old hag. She didn't seem too angry during the entirety of the episode until the very end.
Apr 30, 2016 12:36 PM

Oct 2012
Don't think this series would benefit from too much of a comedy.

Well, maybe next arct would be better.
Apr 30, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2009
Why do you people want to see the investigation? There's NOTHING to show. What Gumshoe explained at the beginning of the trial is all you discover in the game. There's no point in showing Phoenix walking around doing nothing.
Seriously. Some people whine about the dumbest things.
Apr 30, 2016 1:41 PM
Jan 2015
Compared to the game this episode feels like it was rushed out.
Apr 30, 2016 1:48 PM

Dec 2015
At least they nailed how Mayoi is obsessed with steel samurai.
Apr 30, 2016 1:54 PM
Dec 2011
This episode was actually quite enjoyable compared to the first four episodes. I hope it keeps getting better.
Apr 30, 2016 2:45 PM
Mar 2012
First episode that I wasn't really thrilled with. Then again, it's a rushed version of my least favorite case in the game. I hope this means they'll be dedicating a substantial chunk of time to adapting the fourth case, which deserves care and attention.
Apr 30, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
What was even wrong with that old lady lmao
Apr 30, 2016 4:32 PM

Jun 2013
Okay episode but that old lady was annoying as fuck!
Apr 30, 2016 4:57 PM

Jan 2016
Nice episode!
But what was that? xD

Apr 30, 2016 5:43 PM
Sep 2011
Ailhou said:
Nice episode!
But what was that? xD

Basically an exaggerated otaku stereotype.

Get ready to hear about waifus and hugging pillows.
Apr 30, 2016 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
That grandma and the other attorney are so annoying omg
The anime is great and i am loving it but the main judge is so dumb.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 30, 2016 6:55 PM
Dec 2008
Well, at least I feel Phoenix is un-Citron-ing each episode so far. And even with this, Yuki Kaji is a bad cast for any character no matter what.
Apr 30, 2016 7:08 PM

Oct 2011
Phoenix got the trial on hold YAY
Apr 30, 2016 7:14 PM

Apr 2013
hedla12 said:
Lord_Odous said:

http://www.aniplex.co.jp/gyakuten/news/

It's in Japanese so google translate is needed. There is one part where it says the first cour (GT mistranslates it as "cool") will have 13 episodes.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ailhou said:
Nice episode!
But what was that? xD

This turned out to be quite an important scene, but the foreboding scenes this show offers are sometimes a bit too much...

Apr 30, 2016 7:59 PM

Aug 2011
Darkshadow77 said:
Why do you people want to see the investigation? There's NOTHING to show.

Game's awesomeness is that build-up take place in investigation, and climax is in the court.
Previous case investigation was big part of it. They cut out it completely. That was wrong.
But this episode done correctly. First investigation is not rich anyway.
Whole investigations time of this case can be reduced.
Sorry for my bad English.
Apr 30, 2016 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
I actually dont mind investigations got cut off on this episode because we dint really learn anything new or unusual during that investigation segment . and i actually liked the direction on this episode, was it just me or did it got a LOT better? and also NO CGI spectators on op of consistent animation.

Im giving it a 8/10
no
Apr 30, 2016 9:07 PM

Feb 2015
I think it's getting better with each episode. Or maybe I'm finally getting used to the animation format.
Apr 30, 2016 10:29 PM

Aug 2012
They animated Wendy Oldbag quite well, and she talked really fast just like what I expected. Next episode the investigation involving the otaku and Dee Vasquez is gonna be interesting. Also Von Karma o__O

rayeine said:
I think it's getting better with each episode. Or maybe I'm finally getting used to the animation format.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Probably the animation got slightly affected by the Steel Samurai in the beginning..!?? XD
Apr 30, 2016 10:45 PM

Mar 2013
yeah this episode went by a little too fast but I can see why though (sort of). Any-who moving on not surprised that they showed of some of the other characters including some that you weren't supposed to know about yet but I digress (I assume I spelled that right), I actually thought this episode was pretty good especially since I'm currently replaying this chapter.
May 1, 2016 6:47 AM

May 2015
The old woman and the kid were so annoying.... Lol. Other than that, the episode was fine.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.