Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 23, 2016 11:54 PM

Jan 2014
Man, I really want to know what's going on but the mystery so far is great. What I'm thinking is that every ship lost communication and the messages they've been receiving are just nothing but manipulation to cause each ship to think it's being targeted for mutiny or that another ship is so that they'll turn on each other. I can't wait to find out the bigger picture of this plot.
Apr 24, 2016 3:20 AM

Dec 2013
Finally some insight into what the hell is actually happening. So the German ships all received communications breakdown and started mutinying as well, eh?

Love the tactics that they pulled for this episode. Sounds straight out of some naval battle novel.

Wonder how the Principal is going to cover for them when they get back to school...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 24, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2015
I'm glad I found this anime. It's getting even more and more interesting and I'm starting to see what's going on.

But still, man, poor girls.
Apr 24, 2016 5:58 AM
Apr 2016
lfhoule said:
Thanks LunarCrusade for the translations!! One would think that following Kantai Collection for the last 3 years would have imprinted the kanji of the ships' names in my mind a bit more than what it is now.

You're welcome. :)
Well, I play KC, but didn't watch the anime. I heard it was sucks.

Also, position of the ships on the map keeps bugging me. It's like Musashi was chasing/scaring off most of them or those ships were running away from Musashi. It is just my personal opinion, though.
To make it worse, one more battleship, Hiei, also had her communication line severed. Two big ships, synchronous accident. Fishy enough.

I agree that the incident is far deeper than a mere mutiny/communication lost case. I'm on the "mass mind control" theory, since the mutiny on the Admiral Spee occured when all electronic devices going off. Something like a massive electrical-brainwave jammer involved? Maybe...
Well, I only can make speculations.

Anyway, the tactical battle is always amusing since episode 1. And Wi-chan! At last, she's awake.
4/5 for episode 3. My only complaint is... same with Smudy said, please go fully serious already. (._.)
Apr 24, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2015
Wow, this show is turning out to be quite a joy, why was I planning to drop it???
Nice ep with night battle, wasn't expecting it to be so intense.
I wonder will there be no problems on the way back to school?
Apr 24, 2016 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Quite satisfied with the episode, compared to the previous year is a bit subdued, but this is due to the fact of not giving me any convincing answers durations explanations about how it has come to that situation. Pretty good action during the clash, the designs are quite good in quality, CG very good. convincing enough naval tactics, Munetani is increasingly the leaders of the situation, even if unintentionally, however this does not detract from that of Akeno. Fun character Kouko with its interludes.
Apr 24, 2016 7:30 AM

Dec 2009
Well at least the whole world isn't against them now, that is a plus... Will they get to the bottom of this large scale conspiracy? It's always a treat to see some legitimate battle tactics in fiction.

Aversa said:
Smudy said:
Who are you? Wut..

There is always a hatch around that position to overlook the sea when the submarine surfaces.
It's also common for the captain to open that hatch right after the ship surfaces the check if anything happened so my guess is that the one you are seeing is the captain.
Speaking of submarines and WW2 ones in particular as the girls mentioned the where crammed and it often smelled in them.
They where often away for weeks and they where not known for there sanitary facilities crewman often went without washing themselves for their entire sorties.
To make matters worse it was often pretty warm in them and the engine bay was very dirty.
So the smell was terrible in them.
It takes a special kind of people to man a submarine especially a WW2 one so i am not surprised that they are only manned by boys.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning is that the average of US submarine crew during WW2 was between 18 and 21 years old the oldest person on board was usually the captain and they where not much older.
So for a submarine to be manned by highschool boys isn't that far from the WW2 reality.
Yeah with that, at first i thought "isn't that just some equipment?" but when i looked at other scenes there was definitely nothing there on the model in any other shot. That's really sneaky, i wonder what the story behind that is, or if it's just meant to signify the captain checking stuff.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 24, 2016 8:04 AM

Dec 2013
This show intrigues me and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside at the same time. Yet I don't feel that it clashes too much. Sure everything is cute, but there is a certain gravitas to everything that happens.
Apr 24, 2016 9:15 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely some mysterious forces at work here. After Wilhelmina's account of what happened on her ship, I'm wondering if the Harekaze's decision to shut down electronic communications after the first attack may have insulated them from whatever's caused the other ships to go haywire...

I totally thought that they had straight up killed a whole sub's worth of highschool boys with that depth charge for a second.
PaleBlueApr 24, 2016 9:22 AM
Apr 24, 2016 9:18 AM

Sep 2008
Love this show. Sleeper hit of the season.

Mai waifu is the girl who steers the ship.
Apr 24, 2016 9:24 AM

May 2010
Man this is so epic, can't believe I'm enjoying a military + action anime.

And hell ye for the principal.

Micchan lmao

And Mashiro got a cute room. I wish Micchan stayed with Akeno tho but oh well. Great episode.
Apr 24, 2016 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
I'm definitely with the mind control theory, the entire of the German ship's crew all mutinying at the same time would suggest something like mind control is going in. This anime is really dragging me in, I didn't expect anything like this when I started watching it hahaha.
Apr 24, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
Nice. a fight between Harekaze and I-202, submarine. enjoyable episode overall, i really like it, especially the fight.

so the problem is Revolt ? looking foward to it anyway.
i wonder what happened to Musashi.
not saying this show is bad but this show could be way more better if they put Sci-fi and Thriller in the genre.
Apr 24, 2016 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
The OST reminded me Crash bash on PS1, this game was so good *-*. I was not expected that but this anime is very good so far. The action is always intense and all the information about the war and the ships look very realistic.
Apr 24, 2016 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
So far I have liked all the naval fight scenes in this series. It certainly does not hold back on the action. I'm slowly getting to know the characters, but more by what position they hold on the ship than by their names.
Apr 24, 2016 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
The series get my attention. There is a possibility of rebellion carried out by the supervisors.
Apr 24, 2016 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
reminded me of a scene in Das Boot where the captain said he's grateful the enemy left the Navigation lights on.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Apr 24, 2016 7:49 PM
Feb 2012
This amazing photoshop of the picture shows what i think of the anime currently

sauce is here

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/75551-haifuri/page__st__220__pid__1886349#entry1886349

here is a video of how helm command is given

i say in the range of 80% accurate.

also the location they used for the battles and where the ships are lost is this

in reference to their map

Apr 24, 2016 9:54 PM

Sep 2015
Navigator-chan is so cute when she's worried, I just want to hug her. I'm glad there's someone out there who are giving the girls the benefit of the doubt instead of just attacking! Really loving this show so far. The cuteness is beyond imaginable and the story is pretty interesting as well.
Apr 24, 2016 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
The episode in itself was enjoyable but I wish if we would get some insight on what happened to other ships too especially Musashi. Oh well, we have plenty of episodes left so I'll be patient.

"If offered resistance they will be sunk?!!!"
How can they issue such order against students like that? That's pretty messed up if you ask me. Also Maritime Safety Support Department declared to treat it as a large scale Insurrection if Harekaze's incident cannot be solved within the school. So I am guessing someone in there may be pulling the strings of the ships who mutinied. Hell he/she could even be the mastermind of this coup d'état against the school.

That's some mad-typing skills she got there. or maybe that's normal and im just clumsy.

I've been meaning to ask if all the destroyer's engines are like that or it is just the Harekaze who needs repair after every fight. They haven't be able to run it at its max since the first fight and are being held back by it. It could prove a fatal weakness if they are to fight more than one enemy.

HijaziApr 24, 2016 10:35 PM
Apr 24, 2016 11:26 PM
Feb 2012
Hijazi said:
The episode in itself was enjoyable but I wish if we would get some insight on what happened to other ships too especially Musashi. Oh well, we have plenty of episodes left so I'll be patient.

"If offered resistance they will be sunk?!!!"
How can they issue such order against students like that? That's pretty messed up if you ask me. Also Maritime Safety Support Department declared to treat it as a large scale Insurrection if Harekaze's incident cannot be solved within the school. So I am guessing someone in there may be pulling the strings of the ships who mutinied. Hell he/she could even be the mastermind of this coup d'état against the school.

That's some mad-typing skills she got there. or maybe that's normal and im just clumsy.

I've been meaning to ask if all the destroyer's engines are like that or it is just the Harekaze who needs repair after every fight. They haven't be able to run it at its max since the first fight and are being held back by it. It could prove a fatal weakness if they are to fight more than one enemy.

the ship suffered an engine failure before they got attacked by the instructor ship which damaged the ship in the process

and the skirmish with the Graf Spree prob have damaged the engine to some degree so it only able to run less than half capacity and was able to run below normal cruising speed.
Apr 25, 2016 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Jeez I loved the battle in this episode. They're so well done overall for what we've seen. Hope they're going to stick with this the entire series. It's gonna be a solid show
Apr 26, 2016 7:06 AM

Dec 2009
Hijazi said:
Japanese schoolgirls are like the fastest texters in the world (according to studies). They could pound out pretty nice wpm with old 1-9,0 flip-phones too.

Apr 26, 2016 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
GenesisAria said:
Hijazi said:
Japanese schoolgirls are like the fastest texters in the world (according to studies). They could pound out pretty nice wpm with old 1-9,0 flip-phones too.

So does Saori (GuP)..xD
Apr 26, 2016 11:04 AM

Jun 2015
dragoon20005 said:
the ship suffered an engine failure before they got attacked by the instructor ship which damaged the ship in the process

and the skirmish with the Graf Spree prob have damaged the engine to some degree so it only able to run less than half capacity and was able to run below normal cruising speed.

So that's why. I thought it was out because of being at full capacity in the first fight. -__-'

GenesisAria said:

wow. I have yet to meet one who is this agile with their phone. They really like texting to be this fast then.
HijaziApr 26, 2016 10:28 PM
Apr 26, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2014
This anime is great. Great battles, no unnecessary fan services, interesting story. Can't wait for more.

That Mi girl from Admiral Spee seems to be a great character that is the key for our ship ran by amateurs to actually do something and not just get hit and almost die all of the time.
Apr 26, 2016 2:01 PM
Mar 2016
dragoon20005 said:
also the location they used for the battles and where the ships are lost is this

I don't think so. The anime seems to be faithful on maps, even though they modify it a bit my putting those islands nearer to the large islands. Those islands are actually islands but submerged islands. Search Myojin Sho, Sofu Gan, Sumisu Shima, and Io To (or iwo jima) at Google Maps. Those are the actual locations and they are nearer to Japan than Marianas. It may have less resemblance to the map of Haifuri, but Marianas have much lesser resemblance. And the names I mentioned are written on the Haifuri map.
The whole island groups below are collectively called as Nanpo Islands. Haifuri map has a label of the islands which is read Na*po Shoto.

Compare the HaiFuri map and the map above.
1.)Ogasawara islands (shima) compose of Mukojima, Chichijima, and Hahajima island groups. These islands resemble the east side of the haifuri map.
2.)Iwo Jima is Io To's popular name outside Japan. We can read that the name of the southernmost part of the haifuri map is Io To.
crx07Apr 26, 2016 2:32 PM
Apr 26, 2016 5:22 PM
Nov 2008
I'm dumbfounded the rating of this anime is a 7. It should be higher than that.

Anyway, another great episode and the ship vs submarine is awesome to watch. Winner Brown Sugar is an awesome McCool name. buwahahaha!
Apr 26, 2016 6:31 PM
Feb 2012
crx07 said:
dragoon20005 said:

I don't think so. The anime seems to be faithful on maps, even though they modify it a bit my putting those islands nearer to the large islands. Those islands are actually islands but submerged islands. Search Myojin Sho, Sofu Gan, Sumisu Shima, and Io To (or iwo jima) at Google Maps. Those are the actual locations and they are nearer to Japan than Marianas. It may have less resemblance to the map of Haifuri, but Marianas have much lesser resemblance. And the names I mentioned are written on the Haifuri map.
The whole island groups below are collectively called as Nanpo Islands. Haifuri map has a label of the islands which is read Na*po Shoto.

Compare the HaiFuri map and the map above.
1.)Ogasawara islands (shima) compose of Mukojima, Chichijima, and Hahajima island groups. These islands resemble the east side of the haifuri map.
2.)Iwo Jima is Io To's popular name outside Japan. We can read that the name of the southernmost part of the haifuri map is Io To.

wow good catch

so i guess if they were to head back to Tokyo from their current location it will still take 2 to 3 days at their current nerfed speed.

That is considering if they didnt meet with more of the ships "Shoot first, talk later"
Apr 27, 2016 12:43 AM

Oct 2009
Well, if I'm a submarine trying to quietly stalk a destroyer and then they suddenly ping'ed me with sonars I'd be sure pissed in my pants, lol

I had a hunch that the subs were panicking, they probably having the same problem of losing contact with HQ and heard of mutiny everywhere, they didn't know who is a friend or foe, that's probably why they stalk Harekaze, otherwise they would already shoots our lolis ships the moment they notice them as they clearly stands out in the night sea.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 27, 2016 2:27 AM

Oct 2008
Impressive! Harekaze survived the submarine pursuit attack! and even stalled it by the explosion!
and now the principal wants them to go back to the ports? hmmm very fishy message!
4/5.

Apr 27, 2016 2:28 AM
Mar 2016
dragoon20005 said:
so i guess if they were to head back to Tokyo from their current location it will still take 2 to 3 days at their current nerfed speed.
That is considering if they didnt meet with more of the ships "Shoot first, talk later"

Another problem I think is the food supply. I don't know much on what amount of food supply real-life naval people put into ships, but I don't think they have food supply that will last before they go back to the school. But they may be able to fish.
Apr 27, 2016 5:40 AM
Feb 2012
crx07 said:
dragoon20005 said:

Another problem I think is the food supply. I don't know much on what amount of food supply real-life naval people put into ships, but I don't think they have food supply that will last before they go back to the school. But they may be able to fish.

i found this good read about Navy cooks

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/store/how-you-feed-navy

typically fresh food lasts up to 10 days.

but when deployments take months long, then they start making things from scratch.

and the food supply depends on the storage space they have just for food. so i guess if they were only training at best the girls only have 1 week of food only.
Apr 27, 2016 7:19 AM

May 2014
This episode reminded me of that movie Down Periscope
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 27, 2016 9:00 AM

Dec 2009
akatsuki_breaker said:
I'm dumbfounded the rating of this anime is a 7. It should be higher than that.
Because some people hate anything that seems even slightly moe. They drop it before seeing what's really going on, or thinking about why they even dislike moe.

Apr 28, 2016 3:35 AM
Mar 2012
Coco rapping.
Great fight against I-201. Nicer night water, beautiful splashes when the sub rose.
Some questions answered, but more mysteries about the large scale ploy. German girl confirms mutiny & similar equipment malfunctions as Harekaze. 7 ships went MIA (+1 for Graph Spee), 8 ships remain. So someone planned for half the ships to fight the other half. Except other schools also seem to be in a free for all.
Cute sharkie & room lol.
Active sonar didnt work out...
Maybe tired...some subs can't understand
"Steadily drop speed until we get to high speed." Wat?
Nice coordination & tactices, wired paravene, flood lights, depth charge, sonar.
Apr 28, 2016 11:10 PM

Dec 2009
Watch Vivid-GJM subs for this show.
Professional subs are garbage, as usual.

Apr 30, 2016 11:09 AM

Jul 2009
Good thing they can go back!
Apr 30, 2016 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
We only have one depth-charge. What luck, a submarine filled with boys. They're pursuing us!

LOL
/facepalm
(I'm enjoying the action in this anime)
May 1, 2016 8:56 PM
Mar 2012
GenesisAria said:
Watch Vivid-GJM subs for this show.
Professional subs are garbage, as usual.

Thanks, will try that next episode. This show needs proper subs & hopefully technical TL in the future. Terms like screw shot google can't really help anymore, and becomes like active raid's earlier episodes.
May 13, 2016 12:22 AM

Jun 2014
RayAdha said:
Japan sure likes Germany eh?

Well, they were allies for a time, as well as partners in war crimes. Like genocide.

Also I love how foreigners always have like really long names. When to like every foreign person, the Japanese are the ones with strange long names.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 7, 2016 10:38 AM

Nov 2015
I liked the animation in this episode, Mashiro's room tho

Jun 8, 2016 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
Mashiro with her shark plushie was hilarious. "Winner Brown Sugar"? Hahaha! I always like the ridiculous names of german characters. Have they, by chance, derived her name from the Technische Universität Carola-Wilhelmina zu Braunschweig? :)
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 24, 2016 2:48 AM

Apr 2009
Night anti-submarine warfare, ludicrous as hell but it was still great. And...Winner Brown Sugar, that name takes the cake! ROTFLMAO
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 30, 2016 5:29 AM

Mar 2015
Yeah these have been a pretty good three episodes so far, looking forward to whether they can all get back to school safely!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 10, 2016 6:35 PM

Feb 2012
This show has shown itself to be pretty fun and enjoyable, but the battle in this episode was just too ridiculous. A submarine, especially one from WW2, would only have one shot against a destroyer. They either should have engaged when they first as the destroyer or just get away. It also looks like they're not using oxygen torpedoes because the ones in the anime have a clear bubble.
Jul 13, 2016 7:00 AM

May 2012
Quite solid episode, I really like the pacing of this anime!
Sep 25, 2016 12:31 PM

Sep 2014
Cute 1st Officers. I like them! :D

Let's hope they clear the misunderstanding on the next episode.
Jan 11, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2016
This anime is Awesome!!!! just look at that sea batles!!
anyone who think otherwise is wrong..... :p
May 23, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2013
Stupid boys submarine gets btfo by the girls with mi-chan's help :)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

153 by Shirowhite01 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

62 by Shirowhite01 »»
Oct 12, 6:20 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

230 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Feb 25, 7:17 PM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

62 by wildhood »»
Aug 27, 2023 4:44 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

119 by Cyroro »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.