Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 17, 2016 9:19 PM
Oct 2010
Mamster-P said:
Ajunky said:

I would still say blowing ppls heads is not funny, even in fiction. But that's just me... I guess you have a very sick sense of humor.

its not about a "sense of humor" its about the fact that its not real, and theres ppl who are into all kinds of stuff, whether we think its strange or not

better to see it in fiction than irl, and imo ANYTHING, yes ANYTHING should be allowed in fiction, if it offends you, you don't have to watch it
But it IS about "sense of humor", since it's a comedy. Besides, you're going on about people being into different things yet you attack those with different view from yourself, hypocrite much?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 17, 2016 9:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Ajunky said:
But it IS about "sense of humor", since it's a comedy. Besides, you're going on about people being into different things yet you attack those with different view from yourself, hypocrite much?

i guess in this case it is, although for some its just lolicon action

its more of a "just let it be" mentality with me, cause people were saying things like "that scene was unnecessary" instead of "i just didn't like it"

implying they think it shouldn'tve been there, which is bullshit to me
Apr 17, 2016 9:44 PM

Oct 2015
The DJ scene with the Terminator eye was amazing.
Apr 17, 2016 9:50 PM
Oct 2010
Mamster-P said:
its more of a "just let it be" mentality with me, cause people were saying things like "that scene was unnecessary" instead of "i just didn't like it"

implying they think it shouldn'tve been there, which is bullshit to me

I see where you're coming from now.

Still, better to take comments like "its unnecessary" or similar unelaborated criticism of a show as "I didn't like it" and "let that be" just the same. You wouldn't be far off in essence anyway... Those comments will always be around and we are better off without pissing each other off.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 17, 2016 10:08 PM

Dec 2013
dont mind me, i will be patiently waiting for those hentai doujinshis.

DJ kuma was godly.
Apr 17, 2016 10:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Ajunky said:

I see where you're coming from now.

Still, better to take comments like "its unnecessary" or similar unelaborated criticism of a show as "I didn't like it" and "let that be" just the same. You wouldn't be far off in essence anyway... Those comments will always be around and we are better off without pissing each other off.

lol well yea but its like guh..... everything has to be offensive to someone lol....... at least its fiction.....
but i guess even then ppl will still complain lol

yea its not about "changing your mind" for me lol, it'd just be nice if ppl just accepted certain things
Apr 17, 2016 10:49 PM

Apr 2014
just saying... hmmmm..
Apr 17, 2016 11:14 PM

Jul 2014
This show makes me roar with laughter, Machi is character of the season. This could be my next 10/10 if it continues like this.

HOO-HEI-I
HOO-HEI-I
HOOOOO
Apr 17, 2016 11:40 PM

Mar 2013
This anime is pretty clearly a seinen comedy about bullying a country bumpkin teenage miko girl and seeing her facial reactions while this is happening. And in some cases, said bullying involves silly sexual harrassment from an idiot cousin/other characters.

Problem? No? Good.
Apr 18, 2016 12:00 AM

May 2013
This episode is completely different from the other two... like it was directed by someone else perhaps. I liked it for the most part as it was a lot funnier but as said by someone else, messy.

Also, I agree with the part with Yoshio pinning Machi down. I can take the other sexual innuendos and "sexy" shots but that was too much.

Artists and animators got shit lazy during the haircut scene. It's actually hilarious how much it stood out compared to the rest of the episode.
Apr 18, 2016 3:26 AM

Mar 2009
I've got no problems with sexual humor, but you have to at least admit the stupid sexual "jokes" mess with the otherwise cute and innocent tone of the series. Jarring, too, as these scenes usually come out of nowhere. This was the worst offender so far, as Yoshio is a relative and an adult; I think he should understand why a young girl wouldn't want to be seen in her underwear by an adult man. But they played it up for laughs: "why is it okay for the bear, and not meeeee?!" It was fucking dumb. At least the bear cunnilingus thing in the first episode was absurd and silly, but the scene in this episode was just bad. Pinning her down like that made it even worse. Poor comedy.

I guess we should expect some type of scene like this in every episode, which is annoying.
Apr 18, 2016 3:41 AM

May 2010
Diet... exercise? lmao

They freakin referenced ponponpon and kyary pamyu pamyu... I'm done with this anime. So done.

Now I wanna eat cake... Tyvm.

Lmao when Natsu slept, only to open his eyes to Machi exercising to diet pop music, I lost it.

I knew it. Given right circumstances, Yoshio would probably totally do his sis. He seems that kind of person.

Oh I like the first outfit! All of them were cute tho.

"I'm not your dress-up doll." Great! I love it.

Apr 18, 2016 4:25 AM

Oct 2014
This is fucking GOLD! LMAO
Apr 18, 2016 4:37 AM

Jun 2013
When they said it was Girl Meets Bear, I was hoping for some burly yaoi lumberjack who would be BFFs with the girl as they talked about their boy crushes but no I got bestiality.
臭い-
Apr 18, 2016 6:25 AM

Jul 2012
First half of the episode was funny. Second half was really awkward though
Apr 18, 2016 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
Tasteless as always. The poor girl keeps getting bullied and harassed by every male in the village, no wonder she wants to move out!
1st episode: Natsu's lolitastic 'too long' flashback, and the kid imagining her having sex with him.
2nd episode: Two random men sneering and telling her how much she's "grown", asking her if it's her first time buying a bra, Natsu blushes and gets excited upon seeing her reveal her HeatTech underwear.
3rd episode: Yoshio wants her to wear an skimpy idol costume, Yoshio pins her down and begs her to answer why he's not allowed to see her undressed body, Natsu gets excited seeing her in the skimpy magical girl bear costume, Machi wears a 'somewhat sexy' backless miko dress designed by a 91 year old man (complete with old men's voices yelling and hooting as background noise as she wears it, and the camera pans up her body.)

Is it any wonder why feminists are annoyed? I'm no feminazi but I relate to Machi too much.
Somebody will reply and say "It's just for laughs XD" but I know who it's really for: Sexually frustrated lolifags
Take a look at any internet comments section or discussion for this show, half the comments are:
"Pedobear! lol"
"Sexual harassment lol xD"
"Loli of the season"
"Doujins when?"
"Bear penises are four ft long, and Machi is four ft tall"
"( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"
"Doujin fodder galore ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) "
Apr 18, 2016 6:47 AM
Oct 2010
I kind of wanting to be in Yoshio's place ._.
Leave that aside. Good episode. Wasn't expecting so many English phrases.
Apr 18, 2016 6:58 AM

Jun 2013
damn man that possession scene was funny
Apr 18, 2016 7:08 AM

Oct 2014
whoa SJW and SJW-wannabe and people who just speak around the facade level of the show are making a siege.

Okay, resistance group, where do I sign up?
Apr 18, 2016 7:49 AM

Dec 2011
In the flashback scene, it's parodying Kyari Pamyu Pamyu right? Anyone knows what song is playing in that part? I've tried Ponponpon (like what Machi said), but i think they sound different.

Edit. Also searched "kyari pamyu pamyu eyelash extension", and google give me Tsukematsukeru. Is this the one?
ChendrosheeApr 18, 2016 7:58 AM
Apr 18, 2016 8:53 AM

Aug 2013
trillshit said:

DJ kuma was godly.

I died laughing :D

Revvie-chan said:

I mean: how can that be bad art?

Who said it? O. O
Probably one of that shitty CG lovers.

This show could be a great example of something which I call great art
And all that shadings and details (mainly on characters, but of course backgrounds are goodly done too), just wow.
rsc-plApr 18, 2016 8:59 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 18, 2016 9:23 AM

Oct 2013
Chendroshee said:
In the flashback scene, it's parodying Kyari Pamyu Pamyu right? Anyone knows what song is playing in that part? I've tried Ponponpon (like what Machi said), but i think they sound different.

Edit. Also searched "kyari pamyu pamyu eyelash extension", and google give me Tsukematsukeru. Is this the one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g
Apr 18, 2016 9:42 AM

Dec 2011
Really? Which part? I can't find the tune in ponponpon.
Apr 18, 2016 9:51 AM
Feb 2011
That fan service ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 18, 2016 10:08 AM

Sep 2013
DJ Kuma , he needs a crossover with DJ tonkatsu XD

Miko getting fat :(
She has powers but needs to be in a trance, guess it'll be shown when an emergency comes up.

That guy was too brutal pinning down Machi, felt like rape and ntr :'(
YOU'RE A F*CKING HUMAN MALE!

Nr. 2 FTW <3

ichii_1Apr 18, 2016 10:15 AM
Apr 18, 2016 10:50 AM

May 2015
That flashback and DJ Natsu were really funny XD. Machi is adorable! Great episode.

Apr 18, 2016 11:50 AM

May 2009
DJ Bear was best

KaedeKyl9 said:
Chendroshee said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

Fuck, this reminded me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bHimOJb-Xw
bastek66Apr 18, 2016 11:54 AM
Apr 18, 2016 11:52 AM

Jun 2014
This might just be AOTS for me, was not expecting that.
:3
Apr 18, 2016 4:13 PM

May 2011
hithummah said:
my inner pedobear approves this episode.

My thoughts exactly. I was already enjoying this show. It wasn't necessary by any means but it wasn't unwelcome.

...although now I can't recommend this show to the majority of my friends.
Apr 18, 2016 5:29 PM
Sep 2014
Creamie said:
Is it any wonder why feminists are annoyed? I'm no feminazi but I relate to Machi too much.
Somebody will reply and say "It's just for laughs XD" but I know who it's really for: Sexually frustrated lolifags

Machi's around 15 or so. Regardless of the art, I find it difficult to think of her as a loli.
Apr 18, 2016 6:12 PM

Dec 2009
Very funny episode. Loved the part where Machi was dancing to secretly work out and Natsu flipped shit and then the gods got super pissed. The part where Machi was forced to try on various outfits was entertaining, besides the part where Yoshio pushes her down, but I guess that's just part of this series raunchy humor.
Apr 18, 2016 6:14 PM

Dec 2009
fatalystic said:
Creamie said:

Machi's around 15 or so. Regardless of the art, I find it difficult to think of her as a loli.

Machi is 14, which is the cutoff point for lolis age-wise. She even still has the bodytype for a loli character (Flat chest, extremely small). I don't even need to point out that there are lolis in anime that are legit hundreds/thousands of years old.
Apr 18, 2016 6:53 PM

May 2013
When Machi was talking about being overweight was I the only one that thought "WHAT!? I mean, we all watched Machi in her undies, where is the fat? If anything, japanese girls on the average are underweight.

The rape like scene is there to prove one thing, Natsu is not to intervene in human fights, no matter what, remember, he has no human rights so he can be imprisoned, tortured and executed and not one would be prosecuted.
Apr 18, 2016 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
I'm glad that i've started watching this anime because it is totally worth it.
Dj Natsu in the house ahahah That trance music part was unexpectedly funny xD
The whole episode was great (as always). That outfit selection part ahahah Those outfit prototypes were a little scary xD
We all know that Natsu wanted the 2nd outfit ;)
Machi is so cute :3 I'm in love with this anime.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 18, 2016 8:32 PM

Jul 2013
Comic_Sans said:
This series still gives me too many bestiality vibes

Same, honestly. Hahah I think it was a mistake for episode 1 to include that bestiality scene, because I haven't been able to get it out of my head. It creeps me out. That coupled with the fanservice and an overall un-entertaining episode (for me) got me to drop the anime this week.
Apr 18, 2016 9:04 PM

Mar 2014
「フィクションにリアリティを求める奴のほうがどうかしていると思うが」

my thought to some people in this thread
Apr 18, 2016 9:48 PM

Jun 2009
calm down bruh, it's just an anime
Apr 18, 2016 10:16 PM

Mar 2014
「フィクションにリアリティを求める奴のほうがどうかしていると思うが」

my thought to some people in this thread
How cute, I can also use google translate

貴下はゲイホモセクシュアルです
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 18, 2016 10:19 PM

Sep 2013
ichii_1 said:
DJ Kuma , he needs a crossover with DJ tonkatsu XD

Miko getting fat :(
She has powers but needs to be in a trance, guess it'll be shown when an emergency comes up.

That guy was too brutal pinning down Machi, felt like rape and ntr :'(
YOU'RE A F*CKING HUMAN MALE!

Nr. 2 FTW <3

Number 4 FTW Machi is loli of the season
Apr 18, 2016 10:47 PM
Aug 2014
So she's ok with Natsu because he's a bear?
Apr 19, 2016 12:23 AM

Jul 2009
Ok that was so much funnier than last week. Loved the kagura scene and the flashback had me rolling.

Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 19, 2016 3:21 AM

Nov 2013
Man was I surprised when I read how many people were offended by that scene, I can't view it as anything else but funny, good quality comedy which this show has delivered from EP1. I may even import the DVD when they come out, I haven't laughed so much in quite some time.

I guess people can have very different views when it comes to some things, if you feel offended by it and can't enjoy it, stop watching it. It just means it wasn't really meant for your type of humour. It's not much different from cliche-harem-MC falls onto cliche-harem-girl and fondles her boobs "by accident".
Apr 19, 2016 3:40 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty bland episode. Bah, this series is kind of a letdown considering the first episode was fine.
Apr 19, 2016 4:25 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah Machi, tell them creepers!!!
Apr 19, 2016 6:59 AM
Dec 2009
Tusilos said:
Will she actually go to school eventually?

Yeah after the first episode I thought we'd see her get to go to school after a few episodes but I think this whole series is just going to be about her preparing to go to school.

Ajunky said:
LoneWizard said:
Rape scene was unnecessary tho...He is not a child,a grown up so he has no excuse for doing that

Indeed. That merited a warning growl, at least. Followed by a hard swat if ignored.

... Seriously, that part was not funny.

Yeah this show is not the cute and innocent slice-of-life I expected from the cover art and advertisements. Some of this humor just feels awkward and unnecessary.

Also what was with all those Kyary Pamyu Pamyu references...?
Apr 19, 2016 8:17 AM

Jan 2015
The second half was very funny!
Apr 19, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
Kyary and trance completely out of the blue, very funny first half

Second not as good but OK.
Apr 19, 2016 10:11 AM

Mar 2012
first part was great. TRANCE KAGURA!!!!
second part went from funny to offensive really fast. Yoshio seemed awkward but now he is creepy as...
that pinning down scene was in poor taste

Apr 19, 2016 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
Damnnn I replayed the music part like 5 times XD. Amazing soundtrack.
Apr 19, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
Wow no matter what she wear she look incredibly cute !
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

219 by Forum »»
Feb 29, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

72 by Forum »»
Feb 29, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

55 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 26, 2022 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

63 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

92 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 16, 2022 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.