Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2016 4:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was longer than I had expected. Cute show though with the girls as kids. There's some romance chemistry already too by the looks of it. Watching this series reminds me of being a kid again though, really. The nostologia...

Apr 4, 2016 4:41 AM

Nov 2007
I kind of skimmed through it, and saw that it has the content of OVA and some extended contents (to make it twice the duration. and not sure if it's something that manga has but OVA wasn't able to put them in then). I'm still not interested in following them as OVA series.
tsubasaloverApr 5, 2016 4:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 4, 2016 6:03 AM

Dec 2014
I wouldn't mind watching an anime depicting the troubles and changes girls have to face when they go through their puberty, but...not like this, and looking at the staff list and after viewing the anime, WOW. It should be a little bit more sophisticated, not like written by a naïve 12-year-old.
raveninthemuddleApr 4, 2016 6:15 AM
Apr 4, 2016 7:09 AM

Jul 2014
What was the duration of the episode?
And is it a re-edit of the OVA's?
Apr 4, 2016 9:29 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was ok at most.
I actually expected the story to be subtler and more mature even if it's about 12-year-old kids.
Apr 4, 2016 11:30 AM

Jul 2015
My life was a mistake, or no one was like this when I was 12?

Probably both.
Apr 4, 2016 4:55 PM

Mar 2013
I was hesitant at first because I'm not really interested in watching kids experiencing first love but... it wasn't that bad. Has the typical shoujo tropes and cliches, but it was lighthearted and relaxing enough for a 21 year old to watch for most part. Alright for the first episode.
Apr 4, 2016 7:58 PM

Dec 2014
This is something I'll be enjoying.
Apr 4, 2016 8:09 PM

Dec 2010
need subs.i was so looking forward to this and still no subs
Apr 4, 2016 9:51 PM

Jun 2014
boring and the guys are edgy as hell, maybe drop.

Apr 5, 2016 4:32 AM
Dec 2009
This is definitely aimed at little kids. The character designs remind me of all the early shojo shows I watched when I was younger :)

It's cute but super stereotypical: elementary school/middle school class drama and puppy love.
MetaThPr4h said:

Probably both.

Probably both for me too, haha.
Apr 5, 2016 6:24 AM

Aug 2010
That was pretty cute. The 2 main ships are pretty real. Esp the HiyamaxAoi

The TakaoxHanabi is pretty cute too esp his "We already did" The kiss was definitely out of nowhere tho O_o
Apr 6, 2016 9:33 PM

Jan 2014
For some reason I end up watching this (I didnt read the plot), and I have to say that girl (I think its called hamana the b**** she was like Dio from JoJo, theres even parts where you can add the menacing kanji and it would work.

MetaThPr4h said:

Probably both.

Same, when I had 12 was oike that, I used to talk about videogames, tv, wrestling and things like that, I never got interested on the pantsu color or things like that.

"Here's our chance! Let's go!"
Apr 7, 2016 12:06 AM

Jun 2014
Interesting, will keep with it.
Apr 7, 2016 6:44 AM

Aug 2007
I really like this episode, so, I'll continue wtching this.
Apr 7, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2015
This is just as adorable as I hoped it would be, will definitely keep watching
Apr 7, 2016 1:47 PM

Nov 2011
Orange said:
This episode was ok at most.
I actually expected the story to be subtler and more mature even if it's about 12-year-old kids.

i think you're expecting too much from a series aimed at young kids.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 7, 2016 2:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I didn't expect each episode to be full length. Pretty decent/cute episode. Hopefully it gets subbed soon. I don't want to see another Reikenzan

3/5
Apr 7, 2016 10:25 PM

Nov 2011
unless i'm missing something, it seems that they completely changed the scene in the gym.
Yui was fine in the manga, and she basically embarrassed Hanabi by telling everyone that she didn't get hers yet. they ended up getting in a little fight (for lack of a better word).
the gym scene was pretty "light" in the manga, while much more dramatic in this episode.
Eiko confirmed worst character. and poor guy with glasses. he's literally just part of the background.

edit: actually, pretty much him and that other guy with no name...
saying that Yui wasted everyone's time...when Yui felt so sick she fell over
kudos for standing up to her though Hanabi. :p

edit 2: and Cocoa. though she did all those things out of jealousy.
DreamingBeatsApr 8, 2016 12:02 AM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Apr 8, 2016 4:42 AM

Feb 2014
This episode is too cute! Got confessed at the age of 12 (I'm jealous).
Apr 8, 2016 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
well that was cute... I hope they show a snip of their future life too :/
Apr 8, 2016 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
thought this was gonna be half ep but yay turns out it's a full episode
takao x ayase ship is sooo cuteee, takao is sooo cuteee ;xxx
Apr 8, 2016 5:10 AM

Jun 2015
So stereotypical I kinda liked it. But average at best so far.

This was quite of a quirky humor, considering the rest of the episode maintained the characters' expressions in a standard-looking way:

Apr 8, 2016 5:23 AM

May 2010
Cute and stuff but not for me.
Apr 8, 2016 5:33 AM

Jan 2015
So cute and fun to watch. I really enjoying this episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 8, 2016 6:09 AM

Aug 2013
So when i see on TV news about girls with 13-14 pregnant, basically this is theirs histories right?
Apr 8, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2014
The first ep was a remake of the OVA but I liked the OVA better.... Looking forward to the next episode
Apr 8, 2016 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
this
was
a d o r a b l e

and actually what being a 12 year old girl was like, at least at my elementary school lol *sigh* oh the nostalgia

haven't seen the OVA but now I wanna watch
Apr 8, 2016 8:28 AM
Aug 2014
-this episode has shoujo anime cliches 101; the #1 boy goes for the heroin, the bitch rival, and the misunderstanding that got solve immediately.
-boys at 12 aren't much taller than girls, sometime even shorter.
-this show is a treat for the creepos who wanted Satoru-Henazaki ship.
-nothing special and might drop it.
Apr 8, 2016 8:43 AM

Feb 2013
eh, kinda bothered me that there wasn't a single 'menstruation' in the subs while most of this episode was themed around it, and was mentioned a LOT.

...why?
Apr 8, 2016 9:44 AM

Jun 2009
I got annoyed every time I heard (in trailers, in the episode) that "12 years old is the age when you're neither a child nor an adult".
Let me get this straight to every 12 year old that might watch it: yes, you ARE a child. You're not even a teen (at least in English) and you're definitely NOT an adult.

I get it, staring to find interest in romance, make up, kissing and all that. Still, this doesn't make you a grown-up.

This series is supposed to be for children, to show struggles at that age, right? Why nobody used the words "period" or "pads"? It's not a taboo to let them know such a thing exists and what it's called. I can understand why the girls called it "that", it's new to them and all that. But it would be nice if that teacher called them by the proper names.

They kissed, and the next day they confess that they love each other. I mean, that's how love works at that age... right?
Anyway, it wasn't a bad series. I liked Ayase, she's nice, great job for defending your friend and not getting manipulated by that Cocoa or whatever.

And that's it for me. I'm 10 years older than the characters, and I think I will just overthink everything, forget every time that they are just children and have no experience and in the end, I won't be enjoying myself.
I like pancakes.
Apr 8, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed it, maybe because it brings me back memories, even tho at that age I was in my Naruto phase and I wasnt really interested in "Love" lol

Apr 8, 2016 11:24 AM

Dec 2010
MiniJusta said:
I got annoyed every time I heard (in trailers, in the episode) that "12 years old is the age when you're neither a child nor an adult".
Let me get this straight to every 12 year old that might watch it: yes, you ARE a child. You're not even a teen (at least in English) and you're definitely NOT an adult.

I get it, staring to find interest in romance, make up, kissing and all that. Still, this doesn't make you a grown-up.

This series is supposed to be for children, to show struggles at that age, right? Why nobody used the words "period" or "pads"? It's not a taboo to let them know such a thing exists and what it's called. I can understand why the girls called it "that", it's new to them and all that. But it would be nice if that teacher called them by the proper names.

They kissed, and the next day they confess that they love each other. I mean, that's how love works at that age... right?
Anyway, it wasn't a bad series. I liked Ayase, she's nice, great job for defending your friend and not getting manipulated by that Cocoa or whatever.

And that's it for me. I'm 10 years older than the characters, and I think I will just overthink everything, forget every time that they are just children and have no experience and in the end, I won't be enjoying myself.

OH j and ages relax its just the first episode do you need period and pads in the FIRST EPISODE HAHA hah Awkward!!!!!
Apr 8, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2009
hack5 said:

OH j and ages relax its just the first episode do you need period and pads in the FIRST EPISODE HAHA hah Awkward!!!!!

Well, yeah. That's the point, period and pads were in that first episode. It's stuff you shouldn't be embarrassed to talk about, and they made it seem the opposite by simply not calling it by name (at least that's my impression).
I like pancakes.
Apr 8, 2016 11:43 AM

Dec 2010
MiniJusta said:
hack5 said:

Well, yeah. That's the point, period and pads were in that first episode. It's stuff you shouldn't be embarrassed to talk about, and they made it seem the opposite by simply not calling it by name (at least that's my impression).

Im just saying we still have like what 11 more episodes to go so lets wait and see how it goes maybe we might get a whole ep full of that stuff.what really scares me is the fact that we dont have a fansub for this show
Apr 8, 2016 1:25 PM

Sep 2013
God damn those kids move fast. A rushed kissed, and now they're already saying they love each other? They need to slow down haha It's interesting that does actually seemed aimed towards young girls. It's a bit nostalgic in a sense too because of that since a lot of the scenarios are vaguely relatable.

Alright first episode. I'll stick around for another ep or two at the very least.
Apr 8, 2016 1:36 PM

Nov 2011
MiniJusta said:

remember that they are experiencing/using pads that for the very first time, and (at least in their school), the young boys (except the heroes) make fun of girls in their period. heck, that was the whole reason in the gym scene, Yui stayed quiet and tried her best, despite having awful cramps.

Apr 8, 2016 1:48 PM

Jun 2009
DreamingBeats said:
MiniJusta said:

remember that they are experiencing/using pads that for the very first time, and (at least in their school), the young boys (except the heroes) make fun of girls in their period. heck, that was the whole reason in the gym scene, Yui stayed quiet and tried her best, despite having awful cramps.

I know. I wrote about it.
MiniJusta said:
I can understand why the girls called it "that", it's new to them and all that. But it would be nice if that teacher called them by the proper names.
I like pancakes.
Apr 8, 2016 4:23 PM

Mar 2011
I liked the first episode, it was all cute ~
Apr 8, 2016 4:27 PM

Oct 2014
Enjoy the shoujo-esque art-style.
Nice opening.
Relatively fun and cute to watch overall.
Comedy could've been a lot better. It was real hit or miss for me and feel like this will be more enjoyable if you can relate to the characters a bit more in some sort of fashion. Maybe could've worked a lot better as just a half-ep series.

3/5 for this ep.
crestofhonestyApr 8, 2016 4:42 PM
Apr 8, 2016 5:55 PM

Aug 2014
Cheesy max -squeeling cringe-

Apr 9, 2016 1:41 AM

Dec 2014
Personally I really liked it! Wish all of that happened in my life...
I guess SynergySP, studio that made OVA, decided to drop the whole project and now the famous Oriental Light and Magic (studio behind Pokemon) decided to pick it up. This whole anime history with this manga is quite strange.
Apr 9, 2016 3:13 AM

Aug 2014
Wow, a kiss scene in the first episode?? ^^
Although this is about kids, I didn't expect the development to be so quick.
You watch a teenage/high school anime and you have to wait 12-24 episodes to get a kiss or even a confession..
Nice to see such a cute n sweet romance anime without the slow development :))
Apr 9, 2016 5:38 AM
May 2010
I think the part about not being a child nor an adult is from their perspective, as they don't see themselves as children anymore now that they're leaving elementary school. I like the puppy dog love atmosphere and also think the show deserves praise for even mentioning Periods. It's only the second time I've seen it mentioned in an animated series. Honestly, it's not talked about enough, especially among guys.
Apr 9, 2016 6:26 AM

Dec 2010
Not much my cup of tea, clearly a show for a shoujo demographic, it remind me to Mizuiro Jidai, same plot, and in some degree to Naisho no Tsubomi.
Apr 9, 2016 6:40 AM

May 2010
Hanabi is as adorable as always. This flowed better than the ova, liked it even more. A nice start indeed.
TragicRomanceApr 9, 2016 6:43 AM
Apr 9, 2016 6:57 AM
Sep 2014
Umm...did anyone else think this episode was paced a little too fast? Like stuff was happening way too quickly?
Apr 9, 2016 8:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Do I need to watch the other 12 sai shows or is this like a remake?

Onto the episode, it was certainly a standard SOL show. Back when I was 12 yrs old guys were never that rude. Peeking into a girls skirt or saying girls had cooties. They were into sports and games, then again this is anime so logic sometimes goes out the window.

That Cocoa was annoying. She would be the type of girl who would think the world revolves around her.

Aoi getting cramps because of her period and not being able to tell the teacher because the boys would make fun of her. Well it's understandable, when something new is occurring to your body it's a bit hard to tell someone. The store scene where they buy those female pads(I think that's what they bought), I think even guys would be a bit nervous when buying those things.

The way I would describe this whole "not a kid nor an adult" is the kids are entering a new chapter where they are leaving behind their kid side. They are becoming mature but not to the point where they can call themselves adults.

Apr 9, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2015
This show is FREAKING CUTE!!!!
Apr 9, 2016 5:51 PM

Dec 2014
This show is adorable. The main character reminds me of Sana from Kodocha. I'm actually amazed to see an anime that actually admits that periods exist and shows how rough they are on females.
AnnaSartinApr 10, 2016 2:34 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this the same story as the 2014 OVA?

MrYandereFan26 - Jan 10

1 by Sakura_2345 »»
Jan 12, 6:50 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2016

30 by ims-tokyo »»
Aug 30, 2022 7:17 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2016

31 by XNohaco2468 »»
Aug 3, 2021 8:40 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 4, 2021 1:31 PM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

40 by Hendy »»
Oct 22, 2020 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.