Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 1, 2016 8:32 PM

Aug 2014
Nice, I really enjoy horror aspects, so this episode was to my liking, mostly. I can't help but feel it's going too fast, but oh well.

Albert is pretty good at fighting as well. He's of the calm type of badass.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 1, 2016 9:27 PM

Jan 2008
I'm not sure if people are bothered it but I love all the pandering fanservice of Mira.
Feb 1, 2016 10:19 PM

Aug 2013
Mira modeling her body in the bathroom. Phew.
This story is very confusing.
Feb 1, 2016 11:40 PM
Mar 2013
Wow this is sick. I'm loving this anime so far. I was thinking this was similar to DTB, who knew the author of this manga is the very same author who did DTB. Sick man
Feb 1, 2016 11:56 PM
Jan 2016
SwiftKilla said:
I was thinking this was similar to DTB, who knew the author of this manga is the very same author who did DTB. Sick man

It's the different author. The author of Dimension W is the original character designer of DTB, not the original creator of DTB. It's Tensai Okamura who created DTB.
Feb 2, 2016 12:36 AM
Mar 2013
TheServant said:
SwiftKilla said:
I was thinking this was similar to DTB, who knew the author of this manga is the very same author who did DTB. Sick man

It's the different author. The author of Dimension W is the original character designer of DTB, not the original creator of DTB. It's Tensai Okamura who created DTB.

Oooh ok mb but it is very similar. Koumas combat is like a mixture of Hei and the manuver gear from AOT
Feb 2, 2016 1:12 AM

Aug 2008
@Cirris Are you too stupid to realize there's a lot of space between "info dump" and "no info"? This story so far lacked enough build up to draw in to the point of being carried by main characters alone.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 2, 2016 3:30 AM
Jan 2016
SwiftKilla said:
Oooh ok mb but it is very similar. Koumas combat is like a mixture of Hei and the manuver gear from AOT

Probably the author of Dimension W is inspired by DTB, because as you said, it's pretty similar.
AServantFeb 2, 2016 3:37 AM
Feb 2, 2016 3:56 AM

Feb 2013
As soon as i saw miss Elizabeth in the OP it utterly obvious by her look (red eyes, blonde hair) that she was gonna be Vampire themed, although she must have some importance i'd imagine to the overall story if shes i the OP yes? (that and she appears to be a collector).

This "Ghost" mishap with Dimension w is certainly interesting, I'm alos intrigued to find out whats up with Shijuro being in this "Dream". did he portray himself so well into the coils or something?

Still a pretty damn good anime atm, can't wait for next episode!
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Feb 2, 2016 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
Where can I order my own Mira? I mean, she's robot so she can be made right? right?

Feb 2, 2016 9:58 AM

Oct 2015
Sick, we get more in-depth about coils but explanations are definitely needed in the next episode or so as it can be quite confusing. I wouldn't actually mind if they took it slower to explain about the whole coils and numbers situation slower in this episode.

We also get to look at another collector and some damn cool weaponry in this episode. I mean Kyoma's fighting style is cool but it would be nice to see other weapons used by other collectors like Loser, which has some sick combat skills.
Feb 2, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2015
A bit hard to follow but a fun episode nonetheless. New characters are interesting.

I like the fanservice, but I would have not watched this at all if Mira had been a male or something so my point of view is probably quite different from others'.
Feb 2, 2016 10:54 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode...... but poor Mira :(
Feb 2, 2016 11:37 AM

Oct 2015
I found it pretty interesting, I wasn't expecting a Sci-Fi show to thrown in so much Supernatural stuff, it was interesting.

I did how ever find this episode a little confusing and I could have done without Mira's fanservice apart from that it was good.
Feb 2, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2011
the fansirvice was the creepiest part of the episode.
Feb 2, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
An enjoyable episode. I'm liking this anime so far. MC is actually a grown man who can deal with shit.
Feb 2, 2016 6:32 PM

Feb 2010
HOLY SHIT THEY ARE BUTCHERING THIS SERIES they cut out several characters wtf

GrimAtramentFeb 2, 2016 6:36 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 2, 2016 8:49 PM

Oct 2011
Mira is trapped in a dream world OMG
Feb 2, 2016 8:53 PM

Oct 2008
really confused with this episode!
so much genjutsu!?
another goth loli with mini bat wings cosplay outfit coil retriever agent?
at least we got Mira fanservice!
4/5.

Feb 3, 2016 4:00 AM

Jan 2015
We going down the gakkou no kaidan route now, I'm liking this stuff!
Mira-chan is such a nice girl, nice body, nice personality, nice looks, overall just NICE.
Her bath scene was g00d
Art and animation as always good
Blonde chibi appears
Mira-chan getting scared is qt, Touma needs to give her a break seriously.
Shitty journalist has been kill
Ghosts coming up and chasing Mira then she gets caught, hope nothing happens to her
So it's a parallel place, that ghost land or whatever
I like the ED, OP isn't bad as well
Good episode, it's a 3/5 from me.
Feb 3, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
The story became even more surreal in some ways, at first I thought something less abstract, something more related to sci-fi themes, however, are not disappointed by anything; indeed admit that the plot is finding some ideas rather bizarre but also interesting. The fact of not having a self-contained episode, helped in that sense, not bad cliffhanger. The relationship between the two protagonists does not change, this satisfies me, it shows a certain consistency of the protagonist. Drawings and animations very good, ditto the sets, are happy about it.
Feb 3, 2016 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
I'd be extremely uncomfortable to be chased around in a towel but then again I'm not a robot so yeah. I totally wasn't expecting all that naked Mira, and I understood nothing so I think I might need to rewatch this episode or read the manga like others suggested.
HajinnieFeb 3, 2016 8:43 AM
allo
Feb 3, 2016 7:43 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
lustinNthrustin said:
An enjoyable episode. I'm liking this anime so far. MC is actually a grown man who can deal with shit.

Agreed to the above! Lame MC's are tiring after a while. I really like the nice artwork done....thinking of the view from the dams. Just enough back drama to keep things curious without being "heavy" like Gangsta.
Feb 3, 2016 8:17 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, I don't know if it's because I'm tired or my cold, but I had a hard time following what was happening. I mean, what the fuck happened out there??!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 4, 2016 1:44 AM

May 2015
what a serious arc... this gonna be damn cool

oh also dat blonde-haired krul tepes
Feb 4, 2016 4:09 AM

Dec 2012
Such a crazy episode, the coils can be very dangerous.
That robot fanservice was beautiful.
Feb 4, 2016 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
What????
This was pretty good tho.
Feb 4, 2016 11:32 PM
Aug 2011
I have zero patience for clusterfuck.
Feb 6, 2016 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
seeingsasha said:
the fanservice angers, annoys, and disgust me so much. ofc mira would wear nothing but a towel when held hostage. ugh i knew from the start that its going to have fanservice and yet here i am.

Coming from a guy that rated Cowboy Bebop AND Sushi Police 6/10 that's to be expected.
Feb 6, 2016 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
What a fun horror/murder-mystery type episode.

Mira doesn't read like a robot...
Feb 8, 2016 6:21 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode, although I must say I was confused at times but I understood most.

Loved Al and Kyoma's fight, and finding a bit more about Al.

That bat girl is pretty cuul. This episode was also creepy.

I'm usually bothered by fan-service when something thrilling/important is happening and they can't help but sexualize the scene. However, I actually didn't mind :D
Feb 13, 2016 6:26 AM

Dec 2010
Good episode, I didn't expect for such a sci-fi show to involve the supernatural so smoothly.
Feb 16, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2008
I love the mystery in this episode, something different for a change :D awesome episode ^^
Feb 17, 2016 12:08 PM

Dec 2012
wtf is happening? O_o, that was creepy as fuck.
I always love it when sci-fi digs in to a lil bit of supernatural stuff

Cliffhanger ending though zzzzzz
Great episode nonetheless…
Mar 1, 2016 6:43 AM

Jan 2016
didn't like this episode. weakest episode so far. very confusing, and not in a good way.
3/5
So far 2>3>1>4 i'll keep updating this every episode.
Mar 2, 2016 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
There's (almost) always a character with a goth/loli appearance >.> So funny, as were Mira's reactions in the shower. This show continues to delight. I wonder if Mabuchi and Mira will develop a deeper emotional bond? It usually happens in any pairing of main characters, but the only attention Mabuchi gives to ''the piece of junk, robot etc'' is when he needs her.
Mar 9, 2016 5:57 PM

May 2014
Pretty creepy episode o.o
dayum, got some Mira service :>
Mar 19, 2016 10:05 PM

Apr 2014
Finally I can say this show has legitimately peeked my interest. Looking forward to the next episode. And also i'm rather impressed with the quality of the dub so far, seeing how quickly they're doing it right after its aired in Japan.
Mar 20, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
Axernea said:
I wonder if Mabuchi and Mira will develop a deeper emotional bond? It usually happens in any pairing of main characters, but the only attention Mabuchi gives to ''the piece of junk, robot etc'' is when he needs her.

Yeah, this actually is pissing me off a bit. Can Kyouma please stop being such a DICK to Mira?

He treats her like garbage and it's getting old. There's no reason why he has to be such an asshole to her; she's nice to HIM, isn't she?

Mar 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
Chiibi said:
Axernea said:
I wonder if Mabuchi and Mira will develop a deeper emotional bond? It usually happens in any pairing of main characters, but the only attention Mabuchi gives to ''the piece of junk, robot etc'' is when he needs her.

Yeah, this actually is pissing me off a bit. Can Kyouma please stop being such a DICK to Mira?

He treats her like garbage and it's getting old. There's no reason why he has to be such an asshole to her; she's nice to HIM, isn't she?

Haha, I've already watched episode 11, and many things happen. I think that as their relationship develops, he calls her piece of junk kinda lovingly, as if in this relationship, he is the tsundere xD
Mar 20, 2016 4:21 PM

Nov 2008
Axernea said:
Chiibi said:

Haha, I've already watched episode 11, and many things happen. I think that as their relationship develops, he calls her piece of junk kinda lovingly, as if in this relationship, he is the tsundere xD

Good to know. I'm watching the show on Toonami so yeah, I'm in the dark. XD

Mar 26, 2016 9:43 PM

Jun 2013
Elizabeth's character design is so cute. Hope to see more of her.
Did not expect any mystery/horror coming from this anime, it's getting me pretty excited though.
The Mira fan service was pretty unnecessary though imo.
Mar 28, 2016 3:26 AM
Mar 2014
This episode was enjoyable.
Mar 29, 2016 12:52 PM

May 2012
Quite liked this episode, really interesting atmosphere! Looking forward to see what's next.
Mar 30, 2016 5:35 PM

Nov 2015
Ugh necessary fanservice. Shouldve seen it coming tho with the dumb cat girl thing but THAT much, come on now you're better than this DW. If they were going for sexy shouldve made her of age like over 18 at least, give her an actual adult face and not some 14 year old annoying ass moe side kick who's suppose to be cute and funny but spends half the time naked or in provocative positions.
Apr 4, 2016 2:22 PM

Jan 2015
A lot of fanservice huh. Mira travelled to another World/Dimension most likely W.
May 2, 2016 7:11 AM
Mar 2012
Suddenly turned into horror+mystery. Some nice fashion & cool fights this episode. Mystery too rushed but I think the pieces are coming together.
Summary & guesses:
Kyouma & Albert both former Grendel soldiers.
Mc (Porcupine?) only man who survived entering W. Few backstory shots (seems a woman died from W collapse).
Elizabeth vampire/collector.
Ghosts are people from W merging with real world.
Riots against dam & students casualties due to berserk Number (prototype coil) 21 years ago.
Mira 3d reconstructed the region 21 years ago. Mirror shot feels like Macross Frontier op.
Classic horror sequence: some great atmosphere directing with the bathroom to porch, infinite corridor, & gory crazy room.
Kamiki Shirou (student in W) killed "himself" (Sakaki Shijuurou novelist) in real world. Cricket (doctor) reconstructed robot video to show student ghosts.
The ghost couple who imprisoned Mira, need novelist's imouto to sleep/dream in order to move between world. Inception?
Who are the 3 villains in the real world? 2 are slightly similar to the ghost couple.
Jul 6, 2016 4:20 PM
Aug 2014
So much hate for the fanservice. I think it was perfect, wouldnt mind if theyd do that more. Mira is just way to sightly. And cute. And perfect.
Jul 10, 2016 6:15 PM
Apr 2014
That was fairly fast paced. I did think that Mira was trapped in the horror novelist's books at first. Slightly confusing all around, yet I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Nov 23, 2016 6:19 PM

Aug 2012
-Locked room mystery
-Schumann looks a hell of a lot different out of his work clothes
-So the other beast of Grendel that grandma Skyheart knew of was Schumann
-Mira's response to being told to sleep on the couch was pretty endearing, actually
-Not exactly sure where the students came from. They kinda sorta just plopped that in there without any context
-Also were we supposed to know who Shiro Kamiki was before they did that reveal at the end? He also just seemed like something plopped in the middle of everything

Exposition overload with a bunch of no-names being introduced without any context yet. Maybe it'll all make sense next episode but at this point I have no idea who Shiro Kamiki is or why he even matters in the first place. This is easily the worst episode so far since nothing too notable happened and the whole thing just felt like setup for something else.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.