Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2016 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol that fish meal.

Eh I think the episode was nice, mostly because of how relaxing it felt at first.
More of another set up episode for bigger things to come, I like how they are making Teiwaz very relevant in the story. Emotional narratives this episode. I can't wait to see how this will carry on for rest of the season.

Feb 21, 2016 3:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I loved how MIkazuki kept on eating his rations while everyone was havng fish around him. Seems pretty true to character.

It's nice to see that some of the other characters are having some much needed development.

Seems next episode will see Tekkadan kicking some more Gjallahorn azz.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 21, 2016 3:25 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I thought Biscuit would quit for real, that was fast.

Mika and the others, I was a bit surprised they never ate fish before, so they only eat vegetables so far?

I wanna know how Tekkadan could come back to Mars if Orga wanted to do so.....I mean, there are Gjallarhorn in the Earth's orbit.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 21, 2016 3:51 AM

Apr 2012
Nice ep. I love the moments with the fish.

"It's staring at me" ROFL

Next episode looks great!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 21, 2016 4:34 AM

Aug 2008
LOL! The fist meal. "It's glaring at us".

Mikazuki, Atra work so hard you could at least take a bite at it.

Mikazuki: There's this to.
Atra: Hey!
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 21, 2016 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
Carta! <3

Oh wait, that's not good... but what the hell, I like her. lol Still not good for them. Ein will likely now get that system on him to continue his revenge. So that's even more danger for them. Wonderful.

Anyways, Poor Biscuit. I never expected his brother to die like that. Mika needs to be more open minded and stop eating those sour fruits or whatever they were (sour plums? forgot) while trying different kinds of foods. Dear Atra worked hard for you.
Feb 21, 2016 5:31 AM

Aug 2010
"Its glaring at us" lol that actually looked kinda creepy XD

So Ein really will get the AV system? And ChocoChar knows more about it than we know :O Power up incoming?

Atra's getting cuter and cuter every ep. I didn't expect this but she's probably best girl for me now. Her reaction to the flounder and her ranting at Mika eating his usual nuts leaving the fish was so cute as well as her reaction when Mika was telling Kudelia to not eat the fish lololol. She's really been adorable lately.

Didn't expect the Biscuit drama. Savarin killed himself huh. Loser until the end and he caused trouble causing drama for Tekkadan too<_< But I saw Biscuit piloting in the pv so that should be interesting :3

Didn't expect Carta to have that much politic power with how much of a joke she seemed XD
Feb 21, 2016 5:34 AM

Sep 2011
Fine episode but it was pretty much all set up for the next episode which looks quite good.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 21, 2016 5:38 AM

Jul 2010
I'm getting this sinking feeling that Biscuit will die.
I hope I'm wrong.
Feb 21, 2016 5:48 AM
Dec 2015
A good episode. Love the reactions at the fish hahaha

Poor Biscuit.. didn't expected that Savarin killed himsef. A tragic family drama.

Kudelia and Atra are growing on the episodes. I love it. The harem with Mikazuki seems very funny. I laughed loud at the scene where Atra prepared fish for Kudelia and Mika offered the fruit hahahaha

Carta have so much political power. I love her! She is very funny and reminds me Haman Karn and Cima Garahau.

Next episode we will have battles on Earth <3
Feb 21, 2016 6:23 AM

Dec 2014
Everyone was surprised at the fish XD

So Biscuit is hesitating cause of his brother, I think in the end he will follow Tekkadan.

Overall it was a good episode that serves to build up the upcoming fight. Surprised that Carta had that much influence in Gjallarhorn
Feb 21, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2009
We're nearing the end. The stench of those fish has no match for the stench of death I smell for the final 5 episodes.

Final battles will be take place on Earth I presume? They can't leave that fast after 20 episodes, yes?
Feb 21, 2016 6:25 AM

Jul 2015
redd530 said:
I'm getting this sinking feeling that Biscuit will die.
I hope I'm wrong.

NO! He's much to adorable to die. If he suddenly gets offed... :'(
Feb 21, 2016 6:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow. Was nice knowing you Biscuit. But i'm really not feeling what they did here, i have no sympathy for his brother and that was just forced drama out of nowhere.

The fish scenes were funny xD
Feb 21, 2016 7:14 AM
Feb 2009
so hype for next weeks battle in earth!!
Feb 21, 2016 7:21 AM

Aug 2014
Guys, why do I have the feeling that Kudelia will pull a stupid move like the princess of Aldnoah Zero? Maybe I am traumatized by the Second Season? Please Sunrise, don't mess it up.. There is still hope!!

Also, that drama between Olga and Biscuit, but it is the little fights that brings friends/"brothers" a little bit more closer..
Anyways, the Harem is standing strong with Kudelia x Mika x Astra!! Let's pray Kudelia doesn't immediately marry a character that gets introduced 1 episode before the final episode

Go Tekkadan, Beat the Eyebrows chick!! haha
Feb 21, 2016 7:37 AM

Sep 2013
I almost facepalmed when Kudelia said she can do things by herself from now on so Tekkadan can leave.

So I guess Ein will get the Alaya-Vijnana system and be more op. Chocolate Man is so busy doing two characters =w=;; Makes me wonder why he hasn't told Gali Gali about his other plans.

That Makanai guy is so hard to figure out. It felt as if most shifts in the episode were due to things he comes up with.

The fish scenes were hilarious! Atra is so adorable and her food looks amazing *Q* Mika forever sticking to his Martian uhh.. food?

I'm kind of glad Merribit was there for Orga. It's nice seeing him talk to someone, who's not Biscuit, about the things going on in his head. I also love the convo between Nadi oyaji and Biscuit quq

Ugh and Carta is back. Who knew she had that much influence?

5 more episodes left~
Feb 21, 2016 7:38 AM

Dec 2014
Ooooooh! Big land fight incoming.
Feb 21, 2016 8:50 AM
Oct 2012
Ein is getting the Alaya-Vijnana system, Orga accepting Makanai's proposal, both death flags for Tekkadan members....welp....RAISE YOUR DEATH FLAG
Feb 21, 2016 8:51 AM

Jul 2010
Just a setup episode really, though it did have some funny moments with the fish. Next episode looks like we'll get a lot of action and on earth this time, can't wait.
Feb 21, 2016 9:06 AM
Dec 2015
minnydesu said:
I almost facepalmed when Kudelia said she can do things by herself from now on so Tekkadan can leave.

I do not think like that. I think Kudelia is showing that matured and has such a great power as Mika and others.
Feb 21, 2016 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
LOL DAT fish meal scene. "it's glaring at us..." LMAO XD that is the first time i hear someone say that before eating a fish XD. so hillarious.
welp, arguement. development relationship ?
action in next episode. can't wait for that.
Feb 21, 2016 10:14 AM

May 2015
Kotori_Sonoda said:
Nice ep. I love the moments with the fish.

"It's staring at me" ROFL

Next episode looks great!

Anime food always looks soooooo delicious!
lmao big burly muscle man afraid of a fish XD
PRICELESS
Feb 21, 2016 10:17 AM

May 2015
minnydesu said:

her make up and eyebrows need a little infuence >.> XD
Feb 21, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2011
D'aww. That moment when Atra got scared of the flounder and embraced Mikazuki.
>.<

It was nice seeing that Tekkadan experiencing everything they don't have on the Mars.

Looks like Ein will get the Alaya-Vijnana system after all, I think Gaelio will not let him die.

And of course, Carta having that much authority.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
so they are in earth finally and yes fishes are weird lol kinda slow episode
Feb 21, 2016 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Everyone was surprised at the fish meal!
Feb 21, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2014
drooling with orga shirtless next chapter....
and he is getting closer with her...hehe
apart from this
what is going to happen is not good
gallarhorn and carta pffffffffff
they will survive somehow
Feb 21, 2016 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
That woman is a fc** bi**, she really wants to destroy them.
Biscuit won't leave Tekkadan, he is just afraid and is having a temporary trauma, he will surpass it.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 21, 2016 1:32 PM

Nov 2009
With Ein's installing Alaya-shiki, Gaelio will be forced to reconsider his views on who he considers human, in regards to the "space rats" in particular. Looking forward to it.

Biscuit surprised me with his outburst, but his "settling down for the small thing instead of trying to grab the big one" is just not a viable option in their situation where they're between the rock and the hard place. Glad that Yukinojo-san made him realize it.

Did I mention that I'm loving the way things related to Kudelia make Mikazuki think with his own head and listen to his own emotions instead of just going with the flow/Orga's orders? She's a great influence on him that way. He doesn't have a rich repertoire of facial expressions, but in this episode it couldn't be anymore obvious that he didn't like what she was suggesting, her words basically making him realize just what it is that he himself, of his own free will, wanted to do, and it's definitely not to leave Kudelia fight on her own like she essentially suggested. Sorry, Atra, but in terms of sheer positive influence on him and the ability to bring out the best in him Kudelia is winning hands down so far.

The upcoming land warfare in the next ep is something to eagerly look forward to, for sure. It looks exciting, especially with tropical jungle in the background.

Do we have the official confirmation of a second season for this show yet? Because there are only 5 eps left, and I find it hard to imagine they can wrap up the plot with the twist Makanai just introduced in just 5 eps...
CGFeb 21, 2016 1:37 PM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 21, 2016 2:17 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty bad episode.

I realize that it's necessary to have downtime when it comes to the plot developments present here, but did we really need to devote so much time to the pointless Orga-Biscuit bickering, and the ten thousandth mess hall scene featuring Mikazuki's loli harem girl and fascinating discussion about how her fish tasted?
Feb 21, 2016 2:28 PM
Sep 2014
Anyone getting Eugene death flags? I think he might get killed by Carta
Feb 21, 2016 2:41 PM

Oct 2011
Earth is very different to them

Even the food XDDD "its glaring at me" XDDD OMG

Atra and Kudelia ate it at least

OMG BISCUIT NOOOO T__T
Feb 21, 2016 6:33 PM

Apr 2015
i like the pace of this episode. It's nice to see the political influence that Carta has (although i think she is weak and stupid. Tekkadan beat her very fast and honestly i think it was pretty easy)
Also loved the moment between orga and the blond girl (always forget her name hahaha). I wanna see more progress in their 'relationship' \o/
Feb 21, 2016 8:15 PM

Sep 2013
Celinha87 said:
I do not think like that. I think Kudelia is showing that matured and has such a great power as Mika and others.

Kudelia is okay "speech wise," but other than that, there's really nothing she can do especially when she's up against Gjallarhorn. She doesn't even have any allies that could face Gjallarhorn. Imagine what she can even do without Tekkadan.

I agree, however, that she has matured quite a bit, but I don't think it's still enough. She thinks she can just head on tackle the problem by herself. She should, at least, know her own limits. I think the writer is really pushing the "Joan of Arc" character on her recklessly tbh. It's okay. We have two seasons for this xD

White_Hawk2099 said:
minnydesu said:

her make up and eyebrows need a little infuence >.> XD

LOL! and her tsundere personality has to go <.< xD
Feb 21, 2016 8:33 PM
Oct 2010
RefractingOne said:
Pretty bad episode.

I realize that it's necessary to have downtime when it comes to the plot developments present here, but did we really need to devote so much time to the pointless Orga-Biscuit bickering, and the ten thousandth mess hall scene featuring Mikazuki's loli harem girl and fascinating discussion about how her fish tasted?

Actually this episode fit in extremely well right now. First it looked at the relationship between Biscuit and Orga, where biscuit was always somewhat of a propaganda machine for Orga, which in turn made Orga's reaction to his "rejection" even more natural. This is the first time someone in the crew has directly been in opposition of Orga's plans so we can see how he handles it and it should serve to build orga and biscuit as characters. I don't see how that was pointless at all... in fact it made sense that someone would question Orga at this point especially after Kudelia had told them they could go.

It also properly closes off the story of Biscuit's brother, shows why the oceanic federation is helping them, shows them preparing for land battle, expands on the political environment on earth and the relationship between economic blocs and Gjallahron among other things. It was an excellent episode to come off that last one honestly.
Feb 21, 2016 9:05 PM
Dec 2014
RefractingOne said:
Pretty bad episode.

this the first Time we see how deep the bond between Orga and Biscuit is I for one loved this Episode and hope Biscuit doesn't leave the group.
Feb 21, 2016 9:32 PM

Feb 2015
GD1551 said:
Actually this episode fit in extremely well right now. First it looked at the relationship between Biscuit and Orga, where biscuit was always somewhat of a propaganda machine for Orga, which in turn made Orga's reaction to his "rejection" even more natural. This is the first time someone in the crew has directly been in opposition of Orga's plans so we can see how he handles it and it should serve to build orga and biscuit as characters. I don't see how that was pointless at all... in fact it made sense that someone would question Orga at this point especially after Kudelia had told them they could go.

I'll concede on that point. Admittedly my statement on the whole Orga-Biscuit drama wasn't very well-thought out. My problem with the episode (and the series in general) is just how the episodes are structured, which is where that statement came from.
Feb 21, 2016 11:50 PM

Dec 2013
Welp... another chill episode of calm before the storm. This is becoming a predictable pattern now.

Still, it was great to see the changes that the characters are going through. Interesting to see the kids reacting to flounder, both live and on a plate. Mika adamantly sticking to his space rations was so typical, and yet so in character. The meeting with the Jiji was a little harsh, because the old foggy was essentially pulling the "I'm an adult and you should do what I say, or else." card, which I found particularly jarring. Kudelia and her entourage get absolutely no respect here.

Biscuit had every right to go off on Orga to be honest. Feeling fear and wanting to take the safer path is pure human nature, you cannot fault him for it, specially with what happened with his brother. It's a great thing that they have Nadi as a fatherly voice of experience to show him the way. Mad respect to him for that.

The end with Carta was way too melodramatic. I simply cannot take this lady seriously at all.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 22, 2016 2:34 AM

Jan 2008
So, will Lafter cheat on Naze with Akihiro while they are away? :P I can see that happening.

I'm liking Atra more and more. Too bad I still don't find Kudelia that interesting, so I'm all for Mikazuki/Atra at the moment. I think it will most probably be Mikazuki/Kudelia, though.

I'm curious about McGillis and I actually find him an interesting character. I still can't tell if he is a villain or not but an interesting character nevertheless. However, I find his engagement to a little girl a bit disturbing but we will see what will happen.
Feb 22, 2016 4:27 AM
Dec 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

Biscuit had every right to go off on Orga to be honest. Feeling fear and wanting to take the safer path is pure human nature, you cannot fault him for it, specially with what happened with his brother. It's a great thing that they have Nadi as a fatherly voice of experience to show him the way. Mad respect to him for that.
Damn I can't argue this only because your on point and I agree with you on this :)
Feb 22, 2016 5:25 PM
Dec 2015
minnydesu said:
Celinha87 said:

Kudelia is okay "speech wise," but other than that, there's really nothing she can do especially when she's up against Gjallarhorn. She doesn't even have any allies that could face Gjallarhorn. Imagine what she can even do without Tekkadan.

I agree, however, that she has matured quite a bit, but I don't think it's still enough. She thinks she can just head on tackle the problem by herself. She should, at least, know her own limits. I think the writer is really pushing the "Joan of Arc" character on her recklessly tbh. It's okay. We have two seasons for this xD

I think that she wanted to say that the ''political work'' against Gjallahorn is her responsability. Tekkadan just have to fight against Gjallahorn's tropes (Gaelio, Carta and etc)

But I understand you!! :)
Feb 22, 2016 7:53 PM

Jan 2009
Wow, that was a pretty balanced episode overall! Laughter, suspense, drama and all!

Greata to see some character development too, ahhh.

This show is just great.
Feb 22, 2016 11:25 PM

Jun 2012
Of course that faggot Ein is gonna come back superpowered and shit. I was so happy when I thought he died.
Feb 23, 2016 2:32 AM

Jun 2011
Am I the only one to be annoyed by how much they force the love triangle in this anime ? In all scene of this episode Atra was with Mika for no reason. (By the way she came to earth for no reason too no ?)
Japaneses love Harem, love triangle etc. But lol that is just too forced and unnatural, thanks to that Atra has just became a really annoying character.
Seiya0890Feb 23, 2016 5:23 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2016 5:56 AM

Jul 2008
Fish is the topic of the day :D looks like the guys will have their hands full next episode :)
Feb 23, 2016 8:04 AM

Sep 2015
Now Ein would become the serious treat for them with that upgrade and shit, and I am sure that he would kill one or two Tekkadan's member at his grand re-appearance. Now I wonder who.

Next episode, battle on earth. And I am curious with what kind of upgrade they could do to Barbatos.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Feb 23, 2016 1:12 PM

Mar 2014
Seiya0890 said:
Am I the only one to be annoyed by how much they force the love triangle in this anime ? In all scene of this episode Atra was with Mika for no reason. (By the way she came to earth for no reason too no ?)
Japaneses love Harem, love triangle etc. But lol that is just too forced and unnatural, thanks to that Atra has just became a really annoying character.

bro tekkadan's members need to eat and Atra is the only one who knows how to cook
didn't you watch the ep talking about Atra's past that mika and the landlady were her saviors and mika was one important childhood friend to her.
Feb 23, 2016 11:49 PM

Jun 2011
ButtSlapper said:
Seiya0890 said:

bro tekkadan's members need to eat and Atra is the only one who knows how to cook
didn't you watch the ep talking about Atra's past that mika and the landlady were her saviors and mika was one important childhood friend to her.

That is not a reason to obviously force it so much. I just want them to be more natural, being sticky is being annoying, just because he is an important childhood does not mean she should stick so much lol. And saying the reason is to cook is quite degrading (girl's job : cook, men can't cook..) but that is another debate. When they were on mars, she was not cooking for them everyday, so some of them can probably cook too, for what reason would they bring her to such dangerous mission ? They did not stated and won't, cause they can't, its just for the drama later.
Feb 24, 2016 6:23 AM
Sep 2015
Seiya0890 said:

I agree with you about the forcing love triangle part, I think those moments where they talk would be much better with just a one on one between Kudelia and Mika because she's beginning to influence him and so on.. Also their moments are just too cute :p
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.