Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 21, 2016 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More goblins, more awkward moments with Yume on top, more drama.

Now I really do feel sorry for Mary after seeing her flashback again. Decent insert songs used this episode with the upbeat style rather than being melancholic. I think the others are starting getting used to Mary being on the party as sell. Yume improved ..a lot!

Feb 21, 2016 7:59 AM

Nov 2013
5/10

I'm done with this show.
I'm F#ckin done with this.

You know what? I'll just rate one down every time they put another unmatched insert song in the next half of the show.

Feb 21, 2016 8:08 AM

Dec 2013
You definitely have a big problem with these insert songs ... but my advice is, if those are enough to make sure that you don't like every episodes, better if you drop this.
Because it's a fact that it's a deliberate directorial choice from the first episodes.

On the other hand, I love these songs, I'm very happy they have decided to use this system.

This anime is one of the few cases where I really like every single episode !
Ramiel00Feb 21, 2016 8:13 AM
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Feb 21, 2016 8:10 AM
Dec 2011
Nexxkinn said:
5/10
[img]http://arinashi.com/img/y3w2yjg4.gif[/img

I'm done with this show.
I'm F#ckin done with this.

You know what? I'll just rate one down every time they put another unmatched insert song in the next half of the show.

It's the last one you know, and there's reason why.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1481645
I will be miss you if you stop being first reply anyway.

Ramiel00 said:
You definitely have a big problem with these insert song ... but my advice is, if those are enough to make sure that you don't like every episodes, better if you drop this.
Because it's a fact that it's a deliberate directorial choice from the first episodes.

On the other hand, I love this song, I'm very happy they have decided to use this system.

This anime is one of the few cases where I really like every single episode !

Actually it's not director or staff's choice, they being forced by Toho(publisher) to do this.
Though i agree this episode's song is fine.
D-JoeFeb 21, 2016 8:15 AM
Feb 21, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
Why is everyone complaining about the insert songs? They are all amazing and fit the mood of the scene every time. I think it would be great to see even more insert songs. As usual this was an amazing episode seeing the party confront Mary and try to be friends with her. I also love seeing Ranta get shit on by Haruhiro and Yume. Hopefully soon Mary will open up more to the party
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Feb 21, 2016 9:03 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin Goblin ......
Haruhiro can say that because his party are already expert of hunting Goblins, which is nice.
.....Considering of what they have been through when they fought against that poor goblin at the river previously

Yume uses her bow again, finally

I just realized that Mary is actually quite pretty :)

Haruhiro better quits falling in love with a dead guy, just choose Mary.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 21, 2016 9:04 AM
Dec 2011
jirachi3x said:
Why is everyone complaining about the insert songs? They are all amazing and fit the mood of the scene every time. I think it would be great to see even more insert songs. As usual this was an amazing episode seeing the party confront Mary and try to be friends with her. I also love seeing Ranta get shit on by Haruhiro and Yume. Hopefully soon Mary will open up more to the party

I don't think there are many people complaining about inserts songs actually.
Though hate it or love it, this episode will be last one, as Toho planned.
Feb 21, 2016 9:05 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice to see the group getting along a little better. Hopefully Mary opens up soon. The insert song this time was pretty good too.

4/5
Feb 21, 2016 9:07 AM

May 2010
what do people even see in this show?
Feb 21, 2016 9:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nothing much happened tbh.

Ranta was cool in this episode and Mary's a little more open.
Feb 21, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
This episode was perfect beyond the usual perfection.

The insert song here had to be the best use of one so far, the sense of progression and change that you got while it was playing was crazy, it felt like they finally moved on, finally managed to get a grip with Mary and then managed to move their game up as well as become stronger as a group. It was made in a way that you can almost take it for granted too, but if you're invested enough and paying attention it's really rewarding to see how their interactions change over time. Just so well executed in that regard.
It's the perfect episode to go before what's going to happen next week, I was afraid it'd be too hard to make them wanting to do what they are going to do believable considering how the anime changed from the source but this erased all doubts, I have some confidence in them after this.

Dat anime original "foreshadowing" too, this just gives me more hope they'll do a certain scene later even better. Not sure why I want to see it so bad honestly. xD

The scene with Ranta at the start was also more anime original than anything, the initial part was in the novels (when Haruhiro just acknowledges that he hasn't been paying attention to Ranta) but after that it was all original I'm pretty sure. I just love what the anime is doing with his character by sneaking in anime original scenes for him, it's still perfectly in line with his original character and only serves to improve him.

Still loving the whole atmosphere and attention to random details as well.
Paulo27Feb 21, 2016 9:21 AM
Feb 21, 2016 9:20 AM
Dec 2011
Oh forget to say, official site have new main visual.
Feb 21, 2016 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
A Grimgar episode with content, not expecting this. Not that I dislike the SoL episodes, but y'know.
This has been one of the nicest episodes of the series.

Kerozinn said:

What is in front of them.
Feb 21, 2016 9:24 AM

Jan 2012
This show's pattern is pretty evident by now. Another slow, emotional, touching episode with a long musical montage. It continues to hold my attention though. As I've said before I could watch these characters grow for a hundred episodes. Nice to see them opening up to Mary and vice versa, and keeping Manato with them as well, always, it's just very moving.

D-Joe said:
Oh forget to say, official site have new main visual.

Yeah I liked that little addition to the ed.
Feb 21, 2016 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
Mary is still cute :3

I like the insert songs

OrangeJPFeb 21, 2016 9:40 AM

Feb 21, 2016 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
Kerozinn said:

I don't know myself.

When it finally got somewhere where group looks at least a bit competent, it's already became tiring after the SoL episode and pointless teen drama.

And that needless RPG-ish info dump in the end. C'mon, first you are trying to convince us how realistic it is, then you are flooding us with RPG mechanics, make your mind already.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 21, 2016 9:26 AM
Jul 2012
Another nice episode I'm guessing they are soon about to move on from Goblins. This is one of the slowest pacing anime I've ever seen and I'm glad it's so enjoyable.
Feb 21, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2014
Well, more happened than usual, but only because they lobbed in a montage so as to justify using an entirely unfitting insert song that completely ruined any mood the episode had been building up to that point. Well, at least that's the last insert song, and at least Mary is slightly more friendly with the rest of the party now.
Feb 21, 2016 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
Kerozinn said:

Realistic character interactions and amazing character development, god tier visuals
Feb 21, 2016 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
D-Joe said:
jirachi3x said:

I don't think there are many people complaining about inserts songs actually.
Though hate it or love it, this episode will be last one, as Toho planned.

Well hopefully there will be a new album to use songs from, or at least reuse some of the songs because they are so good
Feb 21, 2016 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
OrangeJP said:
It's like a goblin genocide lol

Well, it's like their job.

When they finally got competent at it, everyone starts laughing at them.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 21, 2016 9:32 AM

Dec 2014
The show is a bit slow but I really like the pacing it creates more character development. It seems next episode may be a showdown
Feb 21, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like things are looking up for the party and it's newest addition. Ranta still manages to piss me off every episode though.
Wonder how things will turn out in the next episode.

Drama/5

Feb 21, 2016 9:44 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was actually good. It's nice to see them improve because they are determined to exact revenge and they don't care that people call them goblin slayers. Glad to finally see new clothes and armour!
Feb 21, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
They're finally getting good at fighting after that godawful start.
The insert song is the best so far :O
Haruhiro's friend speech was cool.
http://s11.postimg.org/d8ehew3xu/1456089278467.jpg

Poor goblins :'(
Well this isn't the main goblin stronghold anyways, amazing that noone hasn't cleared the area yet.

Rate Ranta's Fashion Style

ichii_1Feb 21, 2016 1:22 PM
Feb 21, 2016 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
make an anime that follows proper light novel pacing
>ppl call it to slow

make an anime that rushes and gets to the point and good parts of the show
>ppl say its rushed

make up ur god damn mind
Feb 21, 2016 9:59 AM

Sep 2015
It was a good one, I hope they will kill something else than gobelins in next episode
Feb 21, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2016
Apparently the company assisting or working on the show or something is trying to push their music or musical group. Thats why theres so many insert songs
Feb 21, 2016 10:04 AM

Jan 2015
Good episode.

This show is so much more interesting than something like Swort Art Online. Good art and character development.
Feb 21, 2016 10:06 AM

Jan 2016
moodie said:
>ppl call it to slow

>ppl say its rushed

make up ur god damn mind

This^. Well said. This LN is being adapted perfectly atm
Feb 21, 2016 10:12 AM

May 2012
An overall feel-good episode. The initial members seem to have gotten closer along with Mary.

I actually liked Ranta a bit more this episode compared to before.

Feb 21, 2016 10:13 AM

Oct 2014
Basically the training montage episode with some character relationship progress.

Some sweet sweet Revenge is on the horizon next episode tho.
Feb 21, 2016 10:15 AM

Jun 2014
moodie said:
>ppl call it to slow

>ppl say its rushed

make up ur god damn mind

So true. Just so true. The staff behind these shows can never win, because people will complain one way or another (I'll admit even I've been guilty of complaining from time to time, but I at least catch myself and try to keep it to a minimum). I'm personally not a huge fan of this anime's snail pacing but I'm not gonna bother going out of my way to complain every episode.

Well, this episode contained the usual formula for most episodes. Goblin killing, our main group bonding and trying to get closer to Mary, and of course an insert song after not having one for a couple episodes. It's kind of nice to see how much they've all improved since the beginning.

@Smudy I think at this point it should be expected that nothing much will happen in each episode. Especially since we're over halfway through now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 21, 2016 10:16 AM

Jun 2010
shout out to my savage Ranta and his beast haggling skills.
i guess these are the advantages of having someone whose mouth doesn't stop moving
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 21, 2016 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
Man, that's some hardcore grinding right there.

Also, Still slower then a Snail. I would be happy if it moves as fast as a Snail.
ShrimperorFeb 21, 2016 10:27 AM

Mar 2014
YESSSSS HARUHIROS LINE THAT SCENE WAS EXECUTED SO PERFECTLY UGH. the animation for this episode was top tier again after a few low budget episodes. i dont really mind the insert song either grimgar had a low budget to begin with so they really have no choice; its not a problem either since they integrated the songs into fitting scenes.
Aug 2012
_Hans_ said:
moodie said:
>ppl call it to slow

>ppl say its rushed

make up ur god damn mind

Not really though........it's not being adapted perfectly.

They are dragging some parts too much with insert songs alongside changing/cutting some of the scenes which weren't necessary and adding anime original scenes. The scene where Manato died is a good example. At the pace they are going, i don't think they can even adapt half of volume 2 or it will be extremely rushed. I was actually looking forward to seeing Daathbatch.

The anime is really trying to make Ranta a bit better than he actually is in the LN........and he still pisses people off.

Feb 21, 2016 10:29 AM

Oct 2012
I think this episode was the best one so far.
Feb 21, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
Is there a specific artist for the insert song or nah? I'd love to know, the song was fucking awesome.
If not I'd need to find artists that sound similar. Cause I love that type of sound.
Feb 21, 2016 10:38 AM
Dec 2015
I enjoyed this episode a lot. Music was very nice :3.
Feb 21, 2016 10:45 AM

Aug 2008
I think I'm starting to get used to this show now. I admit, at first, I was expecting something like SAO or Log Horizon, but now, I starting to like the focus on character interaction and development. Look forward for next episode. Hopefully Mary will overcome her past soon.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 21, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2009
You know. It's wrong expectations. People probably wanted yet another SAO-like action fantasy but got SoL drama with a bit of action. And they are complaining because they didn't get what they wanted.
Feb 21, 2016 10:54 AM

Oct 2014
Nachtwandler_21 said:
You know. It's wrong expectations. People probably wanted yet another SAO-like action fantasy but got SoL drama with a bit of action. And they are complaining because they didn't get what they wanted.

Actually, i think it's more of hoooooooow slow it is, or atleast in my case. Especially with the insert Songs everywhere. Those 7 Episodes could've been easily done in 3-4 episodes and it wouldn't have felt rushed at all.
Feb 21, 2016 11:01 AM
Jul 2011
would be much more correct if this show were 24 episodes

but is not

:^)
Feb 21, 2016 11:02 AM

Mar 2014
Hime-In-A-Box said:
Is there a specific artist for the insert song or nah? I'd love to know, the song was fucking awesome.
If not I'd need to find artists that sound similar. Cause I love that type of sound.
The song used here was Nutrient, vocals by Ayaka Tachibana (who also sang Stand on the Ground, the song from epsode 3, and the OP), it was arranged and composed by Makoto Miyazaki (OPM's OST guy, who also arranged and composed Stand on the Ground) and lyrics (written lyrics) are by Kohei by SIMONSAYZ, who also wrote Stand on the Ground.

Pretty sure Ayaka Tachibana hasn't done anything else and this is her first project.
Feb 21, 2016 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
Shrimperor said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Actually, i think it's more of hoooooooow slow it is, or atleast in my case. Especially with the insert Songs everywhere. Those 7 Episodes could've been easily done in 3-4 episodes and it wouldn't have felt rushed at all.
Between "so slooow" and "lol they are crying over that guy who randomly died in episode 2, who cares, melodraaaama", there's no winning.
Feb 21, 2016 11:05 AM

Aug 2008
@Shrimperor Oh they would, they would feel like the usual crap where nothing has any actual meaning or impact on anything. Slow pace is perfect for a show focusing on character development. People change slowly and this show is pretty good at showing it. I was afraid Merry would open to the rest of the party too soon like you would see in most series where it's a matter of one talk or whatever minor event. Luckily, here it's done right. There was awkwardness, tension, measuring each other and most importantly time. Thanks to that these characters are believable and actually grow and change. It's an important distinction, you feel they change instead of being changed for the plot convenience.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 21, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
_Hans_ said:

Not really though........it's not being adapted perfectly.

They are dragging some parts too much with insert songs alongside changing/cutting some of the scenes which weren't necessary and adding anime original scenes. The scene where Manato died is a good example. At the pace they are going, i don't think they can even adapt half of volume 2 or it will be extremely rushed. I was actually looking forward to seeing Daathbatch.

The anime is really trying to make Ranta a bit better than he actually is in the LN........and he still pisses people off.
The anime is doing a good job, if it wasn't "dragging" things with the songs it'd be wasting the entire first episode on things that don't matter. The anime original scenes are good and in line with the original story, they have done nothing wrong in that regard so far.
This is a good adaptation, and volume 2 is a lot faster, 4 episodes is more than enough.
Feb 21, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2012
Shrimperor said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

This slow pacing is fantastic!
If this has the potential to become a One Piece, but in a mmorpg genre, than I would never stop watching it :)
Intense character development, and struggling from the start and slowly becoming stronger? Sign me up.
The last 5 anime within this genre either had OP main characters, max lvl main characters, or mains who were more prodigal than NEO in the matrix.
Feb 21, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode as always.
Mary is finally more likeable. I couldn't stand her.

Fluxje said:

If this has the potential to become a One Piece, but in a mmorpg genre, than I would never stop watching it :)

My God. Please don't even say that.
This hashas good potential to 2 seasons and nice ending.
Neverending stories are a trash, nothing else.
rsc-plFeb 21, 2016 11:19 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

389 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 27, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

464 by Anjopskun »»
May 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.