Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2016 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah it's interesting to see the dark elves involved in this arc. First half felt kinda slow with the preparation and buildup. As usual, Rory adds more excitement to the story with her presence.

Loved the action against the dragon this episode. The choreography and action sequences is fairly well done and met my expectations. Interesting to see some of the dark elves using modern technology like the rocket launchers as well. Neat. The horrors of fighting such a beast really made this episode thrilling imo. Glad to see that they didn't forget about magic either. Lelei got more badass this arc. Nice to meet Giselle this episode too!

Stark700Feb 5, 2016 11:05 AM
Feb 5, 2016 9:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now this is what I wanted to see....I didn't have a problem with the first half like I imagine some people here will....Like Stark said, Rory is more than enough to make up for it =P

Second half/the Dragon fight/the action in general delivered like I was hoping it would last week :D RIP Dark Elves lol

Can't wait to see more of Rory's antagonists too
TokoyaFeb 5, 2016 11:04 AM
Feb 5, 2016 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
Tuka had quite the lucky shot there, I expected the dragon to be knocked out but some of the electricity hit the C4 and pretty much killed the dragon and sent it to it's bottomless grave.

Giselle did a number on poor Rory, at least those dragons of hers were wiped out by jets and rest of the JSDF reinforcements.

Feb 5, 2016 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
Leilei's moment to shine and it was certainly great to see her do so.
She owned with all those swords.

And Rory's enemy made an appearance, i want to see more of her already even if she failed.
This adventure also went pretty badly for Yao's allies who joined them.
Feb 5, 2016 9:54 AM

Apr 2015
The first part was somewhat slower than I had anticipated, but I enjoyed the fight sequence with the dragon (esp. Leilei's sword attack) and was grinning by the time the entire force came in and started bombing those two dragons. It was also funny seeing Rory taunt Giselle after the airshow even though Rory was beaten up pretty badly by Gis previously.

While the episode was rather entertaining, I did have some problems with it. Firstly, it felt somewhat weird that Yao didn't express any grief regarding so many of her allies dying. Secondly, I feel that Gis' debut could have come at a better timing as it was rather overwhelming to have her introduced right after the dragon battle.

With all that said, this was another entertaining episode, but the pacing could have been worked on once again.
3.5/5 for this episode; 7/10 for the anime so far
Forgotten_MemoFeb 5, 2016 10:22 AM
Feb 5, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 2012
That was fun. So the fire dragon arc I suppose is finished.
Feb 5, 2016 10:59 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
That felt like Monster Hunter meets Battlefield....
...That Jet Fighters scene was pretty satisfying to see.

Lelei.....you became 100x cooler suddenly <3

...but that 3D Dragon sure was really tough, I couldn't even imagine how someone could beat that without any modern weaponry.

Pretty great episode, more than I expected

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 5, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
That whole entire fight was just beautiful. Finally got to see Leilei shine and she shined like a diamond. I think that's the first time she ever had such a menacing look before so that was interesting.

Giselle seems interesting. Can't wait to see more of her.
Feb 5, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
Aversa said:
Yup, definitely the best moment in this episode.

Feb 5, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
Was waiting for the SDF to get there and kill the twin baby dragons... but it wasn't as good as i was expecting from the anime D:

Oh well, Lelei was really cool in this episode xD

The pacing was a bit awkward but i understand why they wanted to move this episode along. It would seem very slow if they stretched it out into 2 episodes.
When i read the manga for this arc, it seemed far too long (and boring). They cut out a lot of the boring and detailed scenes. And also changed some dialogue and scenes but it was generally well done to a certain extent since they tried to shorten it into 1 episode.

I wish they included some lines of dialogue that were in the manga for how the jets, spgs and helicopters communicated over the radio when attacking the dragons. It was really badass when i read it in the manga. They just kind of show you what weaponry they used instead in the anime. it seemed like they weren't really communicating and a bit disordered and undisciplined to some extent.
duderusFeb 5, 2016 11:20 AM

Feb 5, 2016 11:22 AM
Mar 2013
1. "It has to go faster," said Lelei after she missed the first shot and was trying the next.

htsujiFeb 5, 2016 1:23 PM
Feb 5, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2008
Considering the parent fire dragon was killed by a bunch of C4, grenades, lighting, and old blades to increase damage, it seemed a little overkill when the SDF swooped in with heavy artilery to kill the two smaller baby dragons. I wouldn't have been able to do what Itami did, trying to rewire the cut lines to the explosives while a giant fire-breathing dragon is on the rampage just a few feet away killing everyone...if that's not stress, I don't know what is. Guess he didn't pass Special Forces Ranger training for nothing.

The dark elves are dead, which makes me sad. They panicked, and screwed up using the RPGs...though I can't really blame them since it was their first time using them, on top of fighting a giant monster that is killing everything around them. They were all unlucky to have the dragon come back before they were fully prepared. They all seemed pretty nonchalant considering Yao's entire clan was just wiped out in a flash a minute ago. But then again, they all went in knowing full well that they were risking their lives, and may not come out alive. Still, a little underwhelming. It's too bad as well...would have liked to see more dark elves, and now they're all gone except for Yao, and maybe the old geezers. Now it's up to Yao x Itami to continue the dark elf legacy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So, that takes care of the dragon arc it seems. Next week, we're onto something new with the magic city.
Estoy_GordoFeb 5, 2016 11:38 AM
Feb 5, 2016 11:27 AM

Mar 2012
So much for the dragon arc....it finished by this episode..it looks like the remaining episodes will be for the upheveal arc..

meaning that in just another couple of episodes..manga readers will go into full unknown territory from here.

hoho..this fight thought was intense and great...well done....im just hoping they actually slow things a bit more now.
Feb 5, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
How convenient... Elves with RPG and C4 as their weapon.
So finally Tuka's "regain" her sense, Lelei snapped, and Rory... Beat up for taking Itami's injuries, or so Giselle said.
MasceraFeb 5, 2016 11:50 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 5, 2016 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
Nezperdian said:
So, what's next are 7 filled episodes?

Nope..it looks like A-1 will incorporate the upheveal Arc in this season as well.
Feb 5, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
So that's that for the dragon arc? Well, it ended on a massive high note with such an epic fight against the fire dragon like that. With that in mind though, using such force on the baby dragons really seemed like overkill, but hey, it did the job so I don't suppose it matters too much.
Feb 5, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
Nezperdian said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

Nope..it looks like A-1 will incorporate the upheveal Arc in this season as well.

Oh, thanks for the info!
Sadly skythewood stopped at the end of volume 4.
And since I read the manga, when I saw the preview in this episode, I couldn't recall any escene about that.

The Manga latest chapter has reached exactly where the preview showed..meaning that for manga readers..next weeks episode is the last they would know what is to expect and from there everyone will be in the dark as the manga has not adapted all of the ln yet...and it was never translated into english either..so unless you were a Japanese reader..practically no ones know how the story will go from here.

some of us still do tough ;)
Feb 5, 2016 11:56 AM
Jun 2013
When quiet girls, like Lelei, laugh then it usually means something destructive would happen. Unlimited Blade Works FTW.

I am shocked, about Giselle. Unlike Yao, with how the manga had her with a bondage outfit, or Delilah, with her sexy warrior tribal outfit, Giselle’s sexy outfit is the same as the manga; I wonder if someone will make a contract with her XD. Also, just for the info for you non manga readers, while Hardy is a yuri goddess, Giselle prefers men; a possible addition to Itami’s harem. Anyway, I hope the animators didn’t make a mistake, Giselle was supposed to be captured after she surrendered.

Sigh, Duran sure isn’t getting enough screen time. In the manga, he was laughing maniacally when seeing the baby dragons getting killed off while saying “How Dreadful! It’s a miracle I managed to survive from that.” Hopefully they don't edit out the part where
greed2Feb 5, 2016 12:43 PM
Feb 5, 2016 11:58 AM
Jan 2016
This is definitely the best episode of the series so far.
We got to see another side Lelei being badass, Tuka finally comes to reality,Rory reestablishing the contact she and Itami made.
Fun episode indeed~
Feb 5, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
The entire fight against the Fire Dragon was awesome!
Feb 5, 2016 12:08 PM

Sep 2014
'SPLOSIONS

Lelei went full UBW
The sun is a deadly laser
Feb 5, 2016 12:09 PM

Apr 2013
great episode.

hopefully they will adapt all volumes and we will get more after this season.

xSanoxFeb 5, 2016 12:12 PM
Feb 5, 2016 12:09 PM
Jul 2014
Awesome episode. Lelei was a boss, and Tuka managed to land the final blow on the dragon (with a little help from C4). Looks like she's recovered from her delusions too, although she'll still call Itami her dad. I'm ok with that.

Yao's in a bit of a pickle, it looks like all the members of her clan that came to fight were killed off. Presumably not everyone came, though. I wonder if she'll stay at home to help her clan try to recover, or whether she'll go off to join Itami's harem.

Giselle got a bit of a surprise introduction to the SDF's weaponry too. It'll be interestiing to see what she does next.
Feb 5, 2016 12:14 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was pure craziness. The action against the dragon was pretty good, and seeing all of those casualties was brutal. Lelei was badass, and Tuka actually did something for once besides crying about her dad. Definitely the best episode of both seasons so far (for me at least).

I was expecting this arc to last a little longer, but whatever. It was still entertaining. I hope to see Giselle play a more important role in the coming episodes as well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 5, 2016 12:15 PM

May 2015
lelei ubw ftw

those darkelves were so dumb
Feb 5, 2016 12:16 PM

May 2012
Oh god, Lelei's laugh when she first pierced the dragon was great. Really wanted her to get a little crazier lol

Damn, those elves were really disorganized and uncooperative but I guess they were fighting a dragon after all...

Rory still best grill.

Feb 5, 2016 12:19 PM
Mar 2015
God,the fighterjets scene and atillery barrage at the end was so satisfying
Feb 5, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
Itami Boss killer

🌙 Sailor Moon 🌙

Feb 5, 2016 12:21 PM
Mar 2013
Rory just said, "Giselle... Where are you?", as soon as the little dragons were eliminated by SDF.
Feb 5, 2016 12:22 PM
Nov 2012
4kicks said:
So, that takes care of the dragon arc it seems. Next week, we're onto something new with the magic city.

Magic city. That's new. We're now leaving the manga entirely.
Feb 5, 2016 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
First half was just them setting up but HOLY FUCK! THAT FIGHT VS DRAGONS WAS INTENSE AF! Best episode so far. Rory has a sister. They definitely don't look related lol. Hyped for next episode!
Feb 5, 2016 12:31 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was rushed AF. Covered 42-46 (5 chaps each 40-50 pages). Didn't have as much impact imo. It was still lots of fun tho. These chps were honestly my most anticipated to be animated since the anime was announced so I wanted to spend more than 1 ep but oh well it was lots of fun

The Dark elves are complete retards lol...They got REKT so badly XD
This was a hilarious scene they skipped. People definitely thought about it when they said Iron cocks LOL

Lelei going insane laughing like crazy calling the Enryuu Piece of Shit while UBWing it was BA XD And Tuka's finally over it. Her Lightning attack was pretty awesome.

Finally the reveal of Hardy being a yuri Goddess ^^; And Rory's contract being legit taking all the damage Itami took like that.

Rory's damage was way toned down...

Dem jets REKTing the dragons was awesome.

One scene in the manga was way more fun but that was a cliffhanger and I guess they couldn't add it here.

The Dragon just appeared like that LOL

Also this Rory scene looked way more BA in the manga

Well I definitely didn't expect them to finish this arc this quickly since it's the title of the season.
Feb 5, 2016 12:51 PM

Sep 2014
Is it filler next week?
Feb 5, 2016 1:02 PM

Nov 2011
2 victories in a matter of minutes.
Victory has never tasted so sweet
Hate Keeps me warm
Feb 5, 2016 1:04 PM

Aug 2014
Damn this was one intense episodes, especially how Giselle and her Dragons got their asses kicked so fast x3 Rory was quite cool, but Lelei surprised me the most.
Feb 5, 2016 1:22 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was so satisfying to watch lol, especially when the military showed up and insta-killed the dragon hatchlings at the end. That's always been the main reason I love this anime; normally it's always magic beating modern military in these kinds of fantasy stories regardless of how unlikely that may be, whereas here you can actually see what logically should happen 99% of the time
Feb 5, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2011
I guess what annoyed me is during the F-4 Phantom scene. Radioing in "FOX-Three" when in reality; it should of been "Guns, Guns, Guns".... OR at least "FOX-Four"...

Edit:

Fox One = Semi-active radar-guided missile
Fox Two = Infrared-guided missile
Fox Three = Active radar-guided missile
Fox Four (Old term) = Guns, Guns, Guns (Current term)
NIM7Feb 5, 2016 7:23 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2016 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
Maybe it's cause I read the light novel up to this point and read the manga to but even though a lot happened in this episode and I do mean a lot, it still doesn't feel as dramatic as it could of been.....you know what, let's not say any else for now.
Feb 5, 2016 1:49 PM

Apr 2008
Completely and utterly ruined the baby dragon part. In manga and novels Itami had to use his wits and bluff in order to buy time for Rori to regenerate. Yao also totally freaked out in regards to an apostle of Hardy nearly annihilating her tribe and not giving two shits about it.

tl;dr
Second part was unforgivably rushed.

EDIT: Honestly everyone is better off reading manga to fill in where the last part of episode 5 failed. http://mangafox.me/manga/gate_jietai_kare_no_chi_nite_kaku_tatakeri/v03/c045/40.html
ZingFreelancerFeb 5, 2016 2:05 PM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Feb 5, 2016 2:32 PM
Sep 2012
Comeon, how did Itami catch Tuka? Did he throw Lelei on the ground or does special ranger training award third arm?

Feb 5, 2016 2:41 PM
Aug 2015
mozgow said:
Aversa said:
Yup, definitely the best moment in this episode.

yep, but in the manga was more BA

Feb 5, 2016 2:47 PM

May 2015
That was one epic and intense episode. I fucking loved it. I thought it was pretty funny how Itami carried Tuka behind his back like that, lmao. And all those flying swords by Lelei! It was like UBW for a second there, lol. And those baby dragons got killed in a matter of seconds, LOL. That fearsome firepower. It was a great arc.

Feb 5, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was pure awesomeness from start to finish. I love the part when Lelei use that UBW and put that smile, she has gained many points here. I felt a bit bad for the dark elfs, they felt like chumps to that dragon. At the end Tuka get her revenge and get ver her trauma.

Then that apostle Gisele appears with the two baby dragons, but luckily the SDF saves the day. I wonder what we will have in the next episodes if the dragon have been already defeated.

Btw, the OST at the end was epic.
Feb 5, 2016 2:58 PM

Jun 2013
shit man i feel bad for the dragons
Feb 5, 2016 3:02 PM

Oct 2014
and that's why, when you play RPGs, you always have a Powerful Mage character with you
So you could UBW their Ass and end the fight :D
Feb 5, 2016 3:04 PM

Sep 2013
Lelei has been hiding her blood lust for the dragon, that face :O

The big dragon would have won if it wasn't for that lighting, it lost the other arm and it's tail.
The dragon apostle is bit to blue for my tastes :(
All those explosions on the baby dragons :( poor babies :(

Barion-Zara said:

Well I definitely didn't expect them to finish this arc this quickly since it's the title of the season.

There are more dragons or if we don't see the big dragon's corpse next episode maybe they'll bring it back for one last battle to end the season.
Feb 5, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
Very good episode, tons of action this episode even got to see a UBW lol.
Those baby dragons got destroyed hard!
Rori taking Itami's injuries for him was pretty sweet of her :O
Feb 5, 2016 3:09 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Overall intense episode. Lelei was great this episode!

5/5
Feb 5, 2016 3:09 PM
Oct 2012
LarsikFtw said:
Comeon, how did Itami catch Tuka? Did he throw Lelei on the ground or does special ranger training award third arm?

The manga shows this, when then switched to running he carried Leilei under one arm like a football, and used his free hand to pull first Yao and then Tuka so that they would start to run to escape, so he had a arm free to catch Tuka when she fell.

As for his being about to do this, elves are generally considered very light for their size, and Tuka is likewise relatively small for her age. And Itami is pretty damn strong, being Special Forces and all, he can lift Rori AND her axe like it is no big deal :-)

Episode was really quick, but in that we are getting the end to the series, not going to complain. I love shows that actually have an ending rather than ending at some random point and never get renewed.
Feb 5, 2016 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
Well that was pretty good. Enjoyed seeing more of Yao's clan even though they all died. That whole Giselle girl reveal felt extremely random, brief hint with that damage transfer pact aside, and was dealt with so fast it came across as an afterthought. So how strong is the "mom/leader" of Giselle and Rory then?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

159 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.