Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 11, 2015 4:54 AM

Apr 2015
I love romcom ending with marriage or just being fiance.
I already guess Sora will not give up her feelings for Yuuta that easily. Well, she succedeed! Cheers!!!

Now for the shippers of an already sunken ship at the bottom of the Marianas trench. Shoo!! You're ghosts already. Begone! ^_^
#CHEXIT
Apr 11, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
Good conclusion but WHAT HAPPENED TO RAIKA???

7/10 because I'm still sad about it not having a second season...
Apr 12, 2015 7:36 AM

May 2009
blessofcurse said:
Same for Raika. There was no hint the she likes Yuuta romantically. Maybe in LN she developed feelings for Yuuta. But same goes for Yuuta, he also fell in love with Sora.

Except Raika confessed at the end of vol. 17
Apr 12, 2015 4:56 PM

Apr 2015
bastek66 said:
blessofcurse said:
Same for Raika. There was no hint the she likes Yuuta romantically. Maybe in LN she developed feelings for Yuuta. But same goes for Yuuta, he also fell in love with Sora.

Except Raika confessed at the end of vol. 17

So if Raika confessed, why didn't Yuuta accept her? I haven't read the LN, and honestly, I don't plan on it. So I don't mind the spoiler.
Apr 18, 2015 12:32 PM

Apr 2014
Disappointed. ._.
Apr 26, 2015 5:18 AM

Jul 2012
I didn't like this ending because the worst girl won in the end.

I was slightly confused because the brother ended up with his niece-in-law which is like a pseudo incest ending in my book.

~Great OVA!!!
Apr 29, 2015 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
Whoa. That was an absolute feels trip during the last 5 minutes (as I expected). And Sora winning... (I didn't expect that). I was a fan of Sora so I'm not pissed like others are (aka Raika fans), although Raika is fantastic as well. However, I can't resist my wincest so...

Anyway, I loved it and this was a legit end to the series. I wouldn't mind an alternate Raika ending as well but getting this new OVA after almost 2 years was reward enough.
dankzelApr 29, 2015 1:54 PM
May 2, 2015 2:06 AM
Dec 2010
Another outrageous ending to what up until now was good series... it's a shame...
May 2, 2015 5:49 PM

Jan 2012
One of my favourite anime series and I wanted a season 2 for the story building up to 4 year gap. I did not enjoy the OVA at all as it was too short to add everything into 1 episode.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
May 6, 2015 4:10 AM
Mar 2008
So out of nowhere they're in love and getting married? Fuck this shit, way to ruin a comfy series.
May 9, 2015 6:06 PM

Mar 2015
The feeltrip with the parents going around after the 4 year timeskip. This is one of the best ova story I've seen. The only problem is that there's no indication of romantic development between Yuuta and Sora. But yeah there's that 4 years time skip and 16 novels not adapted to anime series. The other part that makes this OVA good is even though the S1 bombed, they still retain the original voice actor from S1 and made an OVA just for the fans to have the ending. It was a good OVA.

Oh well... At least I know the name Sora is getting common for incest. Why?

Yosuga no Sora: Sora x Haru is incest
No Game no Life: Sora x Shiro is kind of incest
Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!: Sora x Yuuta also kind of incest lol.

May 24, 2015 4:56 PM

Jul 2008
It was so sappy.
May 30, 2015 11:21 PM

Sep 2013
That was so good. As a show I watched 2 years ago, to come back seeing the characters all older was really nice.
It's a shame we can't see everything that happened but I loved this as the ending all the same.
May 31, 2015 9:18 AM
Jun 2010
A lot of people have forgotten, but Miu loved Yuuta since the fourth volume.
It's rather silly ending than good. Sasha, Miu, Raika more deserved Yuuta.
Jun 5, 2015 6:42 AM
May 2012
Awww, I feel happy for the parents and feel sorry for them at the same time.
They are getting married. That surprised me. It's been like 2 years since I watched the TV series and the episode 1 of the OVA, that's why I don't remember much. But they never showed signs that Yuuta likes Sora. Yuuta likes Raika. I don't know what happened. Sucks that I don't read LNs.
In my opinion, though, this episode was heartwarming with those two watching them~
Jun 5, 2015 11:24 PM

Feb 2013
My eyes were super sweaty during this....I'm not crying.....it's just been raining...........on my face.
Jun 8, 2015 12:13 AM
Jan 2011
HellTsukuyomi said:
A lot of people have forgotten, but Miu loved Yuuta since the fourth volume.
It's rather silly ending than good. Sasha, Miu, Raika more deserved Yuuta.

Miu was in junior high.
Jun 8, 2015 12:16 AM
Jan 2011
radle said:
Blame whoever decided to do the English fan translation of the light novel and just abandoned it in not knowing what happened between the TV series and this OVA instead of raging against Sora-chan. It's nice to see them animated as they are older but would of been better if they had a second season now for sure there won't be. Oh well. Feels for the OVA pounding on my sensitive heart, it was very nice. Especially hearing the ghost parents (not sure if that's a right word.) for a nice conclusion.

Whoever wrote Raika is dead... stop. You got trolled. She's a Elementary School Teacher. She confessed to Yuuta in Vol.17. I don't need to tell you what was said since should know what didn't happen. Everyone got an all right conclusion even the pervert and Raika is all right with things between Sora and Yuuta. Not sure what people see in Raika x Yuuta. I thought Sora and Yuuta match each other better though I can't say it was smooth leading there despite it going to 18 volumes. Not the first time this has happened by the author.

Images from Volume 18

So what happened to make him turn down Raika and go with Sora?
Jun 20, 2015 2:29 PM

Feb 2015
The presence of Yuri and Shingo made this episode a very emotional one that ended a great anime.
I'm glad that Sora finally managed to connect with Yuuta at this level.
She looked beautiful in that cosplay dress :))
Pce
Jun 22, 2015 10:20 AM

Jan 2014
why not Raika ;_;
gotta read the LN
Jul 27, 2015 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
One of the better OVAs I've seen. Definitely not the usual fair, it actually ended the series on a good note.
8/10
Aug 7, 2015 10:07 PM

Feb 2013
Before i watched this i saw spoilers that they got married and i was absolutely appalled.

I supported Yuuta x Raika to death, it was mindblowing that he ended up with someone else

But then i watched it and saw Sora and i was like.. meh I GUESS its okay...

Its still not cool.. but i guess i wont die over it

But still... not cool...
Aug 8, 2015 3:50 AM

Apr 2014
Man,Light novels has a habit of always avoiding the best girl route objectively.
Sakurasou lol.

Damn,I was just reading the manga earlier and the chemistry between and MC was Raika was great and this was just what the fuck?
What happened.
I always did see MC as seeing Sora as a Younger sister only. >.>
I'm gonna gut a bitch if Raika went out with that fat guy lolicon from the club.

Aug 12, 2015 3:42 AM

Sep 2013
watched the OVA then go to MAL...
Saw this thread...

and learned...

THIS WAS F**KING CANON!

Why!!!? WTF!?

HOW!?

NO!

It was supposed to be Yuuta X Raika... I thought Sora's crush with Yuuta is cute but every goddamned manga was supporting Yuuta and Raika, and I completely follow it.
Sep 8, 2015 7:09 PM

Jun 2008
DarklordVor said:
Yuuta is not blood related to Sora. Remember, his sister married Sora's father. Hina is blood related to Yuuta through his sister.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Nov 26, 2015 9:21 PM

Mar 2008
I felt it was an amazing episode. Found out the parents were in fact dead, and best girl Sora won. Couldn't have ended better. 10/10. Reading through the rage in this thread was very amusing.
Dec 12, 2015 3:52 AM

Nov 2014
This ova was heart warming in a way, as we get to see how things have changed from their parents, really nice. But really... what happened to Raika, and there was no indication that Yuuta had feelings for Sora, I thought it was just family love, not romantic love... Poor Raika... I thought she called him Oni-chan as they were just that relationship, not a romantic one.... this is not exactly incest, but... =0
Dec 22, 2015 4:33 AM

Aug 2009
junkwisch said:
I love Miu's equivalent in Onichichi but let not go there

LOL damn you guys' comments just made my day that would have otherwise been screwed by this OVA. By the way I love Sora(?)'s equivalent ;)

Raika is working as a teacher or something as of LN vol.18 according to Japanese wiki.

I understand we have a 16-volume gap between this ova and the tv series but still... I don't see a single hint of Yuuta having any romantic affection for Sora through the TV series so... calling bs even with Raika out of the picture. I really would have preferred Yuuta staying as a father figure for the girls. They are marrying and Sora's still doing the "onii-chan" business wtf

Also, really wish Shingo and Yuri was alive. As I've said in the comment in the TV series, I don't see the point of killing them off just for plot convenience. Hell, I wouldn't mind them miraculously been alive living off in a distant island and just one day came back to them. If you really shove it down my throat I'm fine with the marriage but PLEASE how hard is it to bring the parents back considering Yuuta and Sora marrying isn't gonna make this "family" more normal; have the parents take care of Miu and Hina and the two lovebirds can gtfo for all I care.

On the other hand Miu's mom was decent, hell I wouldn't mind Yuuta and her marrying lol

Sorry guys but 1/10 would not recommend for non-LN readers
Jan 19, 2016 6:15 AM

Jan 2014
I am really happy when Sora won.

But the best in this episode was the scene of disappearance parents on a 'blessing' marriage. Then I couldn't stop crying. Very touching and heartwarming scene.

9/10

Sorry, translator google here^
Jan 27, 2016 5:52 PM
Jan 2016
I thought this was a great ending to the show if you ask me. Sora maybe shy and hit Yuuta, but that was mainly out of embarrassment which I think is a normal reaction. Although half the embarrassing situations was there faults. The only thing I was wondering is you would think they be more embarrassed after hitting someone they like then again I wouldn't know. They reason I said the guy you like. Is it's pretty damn obvious that Sora likes Yuuta and that's been hinted on many occassions. There is no indication that Raika or miss perfect liked Yuuta at all. Got to say Yuuta and Sora sure did look good together and it's not technically incest either as there not blood related.

Also you have to remember 4 years can make a difference and a lot can happen in that amount of time. Raika I don't really like no one is that perfect in life they always have at least a few flaws. Also she didn't really grab my attention either guess that one isn't my type or something. On the other hand I found the blonde Miu interesting and the first time I seen this I thought she was the oldest then I was proven wrong haha. There is just something about black hair and blond her girls that always seems to grab my interest in anime.

Anyways as for the show and the anime I felt it was pretty decent and showed things that could possible happen to any family although it can be sad and they do struggle, but people do that in life all the time. So Yeah I felt they did that part well. Yuuta sister was funny in this OVA wanting to kick Yuuta butt for not actually kissing Sora yet like she wanted him to or something lol. Judging by the way they blushed when they was talking about kissing it seems that somewhere along the way Yuuta ended up falling for her either that or Sora might have told him how she felt.

@ sirhcnil 1/10 would not recommend for non-LN readers. I am not a LN reader or manga or whatever you want to call it and I think the story is fine. Just because you all prefer the women with the biggest breast doesn't mean that girl should always get the guy. also don't mean that the person is right for them either. They both have nothing in common either if you ask me. Oh and big breast women have to many back issues anyways if you ask me. As for Sora hers are normal and just likely the right size.

Haters can go die.

It's natural for Sora and Yuuta to be together. Reason for that is Yuuta is like his sister and Sora is like her father and sense her father got with Yuuta's sister it would make sense that Sora would get with Yuuta. BY the way those that said this is similar to yotsuga no sora are not exactly right as this one is more legal then the other and there not really blood related so it isn't Incest anyways.
HellHoundsJan 27, 2016 10:20 PM
May 6, 2016 7:37 AM

May 2012
Quite suiting ending if you ask me! Really lovely ending for this whole series in general!
May 15, 2016 4:19 AM

Apr 2009
This show is a gem.
Almost made me cry. :')
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 11:49 PM

Oct 2011
the show was great really a surprise he ended up with sora better than the fan service chick raika its too bad we wont get to see what happened in those 4 years
Jun 3, 2016 3:52 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
.........................So he basically married his freaking niece. And the parents are okay with this? Why do they even have to marry now?
Jun 6, 2016 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
Wow! OVA episode with proper finale for whole series. Totally unexpected. Beautiful.
OhOh, and I'm glad that Sora 'win'. They were much more compatible, instead to Raika for example.
To be honest, this episode should be marked as 13th.

MistyBlue said:
.........................So he basically married his freaking niece. And the parents are okay with this? Why do they even have to marry now?

What are you talking about? Did you watch TV series? They are not blood related.
rsc-plJun 6, 2016 4:32 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 6, 2016 4:46 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
rsc-pl said:

What are you talking about? Did you watch TV series? They are not blood related.

Oops, well saw it like two years ago.

Even if they're not blood-related I still find their marriage to be ... bizarre.
Jul 2, 2016 5:40 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
bastek66 said:
Worst girl won (in LN too). Fuck this shit.

Lol, best girl won, nice!!
Still sad for Raika, it was like she was forgotten.

MrAwesome2016 said:
I can't handle all these feels!

I actually cried for the first time with this series. T_T
Jiharo said:
I loved Sora x Yuuta ending.

Now I can safely buy the LNs to read where the TVA left off.

Most of them are still not translated, sucks... need to get better at japanese soon.

So yeah this episode was kinda special for me, I wasnt expecting to feel so much either, and Sora x Yuuta is actually my ship, will need to read the LN to see how it happened (I think they married in vol 18).
Grown up Sora is surely cute, but her ribbon suited her best when she was bit younger, since her hair was shorter there. Still what an nice ending, seeing Hina taking care of herself, Mio dream going forth and singing, and Sora feelings being answered. And of course seeing Yuri and their dad, one last time saying goodbye like this to them. And a farewell to the autor too since he was planning to continue the after story and but since he died... too many feelings. RIP

This series had alot that could had gone wrong, but they managed to somehow avoid all of those and deliver a worthy ending. I m really happy and sad at the same time.
I actually score this one a 9, was expecting to go for an 8, but the ending was too strong and nice, I was caught of guard.

zetsubousei_hero said:
People who hate Sora can go kick rock.

For real.

DarklordVor said:

Oh well... At least I know the name Sora is getting common for incest. Why?

That would be quite on point, if they were blood related.
PlaycoolJul 2, 2016 6:20 PM
Jul 8, 2016 12:22 AM

Apr 2013
Right in the feels, my nigga. Right in the feels.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 23, 2016 6:45 AM
Dec 2011
Also, the novel spin-off volume was just released in Japan. It takes place 4 years after Yuuta and Sora's wedding. In the volume Sora is pregnant and gave birth at the end.

Aug 27, 2016 12:46 AM

Apr 2015
can't believe my girl won this battle, it's been years i didn't touch this series .. now I come back to watch the ova and.. wow fascinating....
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Sep 7, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2012
Best girl won in the end \o/ It's not something I see that much. To bad they never made a second season with the material they got from the light novels.
Oct 29, 2016 2:42 PM

Jun 2011
Wasn't expecting feels from this OVA, was a pleasant surprise but if this is canon, that means that the parents are really dead, which is kind of sad and kind of unexpected given the amount of focus they have in the first episode of the series and they still get some kind of development/exposition through Yuuta's flashback.

The ship came out of nowhere though, gotta admit. Not the biggest fan of it, would've preferred Raika like most people here, unless there was some legit romantic development between Yuuta and Sora, which I haven't seen at all from the anime series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 27, 2016 6:33 AM

Apr 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Wasn't expecting feels from this OVA, was a pleasant surprise but if this is canon, that means that the parents are really dead, which is kind of sad and kind of unexpected given the amount of focus they have in the first episode of the series and they still get some kind of development/exposition through Yuuta's flashback.

The ship came out of nowhere though, gotta admit. Not the biggest fan of it, would've preferred Raika like most people here, unless there was some legit romantic development between Yuuta and Sora, which I haven't seen at all from the anime series.

The bad thing is you only could see the development in novel (when She entered high school). Well it's ok since we can't do anything about coz the author has gone :(
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 10, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2015
My face when I saw older Sora and realize this is time skip near end...

Really wish they covered whatever happened during the time skip between the two OVA's. I personally really liked its comedy as well as touching moments.
Jan 11, 2017 12:43 PM

Dec 2011
For people who are confused without knowing what is true and what is not, this is important and relevant information throughout this 3 pages so far:

[Spoiler]
1) Raika Oda is NOT dead, and I can prove it if you click to see the links provided below.

2) Raika Oda seems to confess to Yuuta in Volume 17. No one up to this point are able to detail this, things like why she is rejected, if Sora has already spoken with Yuuka about the love she fell for him and the circumstances surrounding it are unknown. The fact is: she did it unsuccessfully, for some uncertain reason.

3) Sasha is Mio biological mother.
[/ Spoiler]

These links show some pictures of volumes 18 (the last of the original story) and the spin-off that occurs 4 years after the events show on OVA.

Volume 18:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Colored Image 1
Colored Image 2

Spin-off:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Colored Image 1
Jan 11, 2017 6:24 PM
Oct 2014
Time Skip and marriage ending. Wew, that escalated quickly XD.
I wouldnt say its good end, its bad at least imo.
"They start w/ prot as guardian, and must keep it like that till the end", thats what i hoped for.
Feb 1, 2017 5:38 AM

Oct 2016
Wow... I can't believe the author actually decided to end the series with Sora-ending. Not that I'm ranting though, Sora is cute and dependable. I'm just surprised that this show had guts to do a proper ending and not with open harem-cliche route.

Raika is fine too but she obviously prefer something else than being in a relationship with uncle-san lol.

Anyway, thumbs up for this OVA.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 10, 2017 10:57 PM

Jun 2015
wtf with this ending
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2017 3:39 AM

Feb 2013
I'm glad that Sora and Yuuta will get married, they are the best!
There were many moments when my kokoro almost broke.
Apr 5, 2017 8:27 AM

Apr 2016
Whoa... that rush...

Anyways, I would have preferred Raika over Sora. do.ob
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2013

81 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 14, 2023 11:17 AM

» Preview

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2013

9 by LoneWizzy »»
Mar 15, 2015 1:41 PM

» Combining the two OVA's together

Iconic - Nov 20, 2014

6 by Paulo27 »»
Nov 30, 2014 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.