Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the final confrontation, kinda expected this between Takeshi and Gekkou at this point. The episode felt flat and rushed imo. Shame, this show had potential with the premise.

Gekkou's little speeches pisses me off quite a bit though regarding their past. Anyways, yeah. It's over. Lol, they are fighting in the sky now too with swords. My Bleach vibe
Mar 27, 2014 11:07 AM

Nov 2007
I was only watching this show for the Mahoko episode previews. Whats the point of watching this episode now?
Mar 27, 2014 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
Thank you, oh great director, for adding more questions than answers. All my whats.
Mar 27, 2014 1:01 PM
Mar 2012
This show's plot holes were big enough to drive a Mac Truck through.
Mar 27, 2014 1:04 PM

May 2010
takeshi is one of the most gullible people in anime history. the whole fight between them was just terrible to watch...

gekkou is one annoying brat and takeshi is simply an idiot. its finally over.

shitty animation and meh soundtrack + a story that we have seen a million times in all kinds of media.

4/10 BLEGH

oh yeah timetravel always helps if there arent enough plot blackholes!
KerozinnMar 27, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 27, 2014 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
So many unanswered questions in the last episode. Im guessing that there may be a season 2 or another episode to cover what just happened, the whole series was alright imo but it was a bit disappointing at times. 7/10
Mar 27, 2014 1:09 PM
May 2010
What the flying fuck.... freaking cliffhanger.
S.2 pretty pls but nah that wont happen >.>

It was a nice series but this end really is bad.
Mar 27, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2012
WTF! Please tell me I'm not the only one confused about what the hell happened in this episode. Matter of fact what happened in all the episode. What the story here.

I should have been dropped this. It looked like it had potential at the start, and then slowly became more stupid with each episode.

3/10.
Mar 27, 2014 1:22 PM

Sep 2013
Antearion said:

I should have been dropped this.

I completely agree, I would be a lot happier if I had.
Mar 27, 2014 1:29 PM
Jun 2013
... ... ... ... ... ... Wtf was that?
Mar 27, 2014 1:31 PM

Jan 2014
This show is gonna get a lot of haters -reads previous comments- yep a ton of haters.

The show wasn't bad but it didn't live up to expectations. My problem is that it ended in such a way. come on give me season 2 or give me OVAs to explain wth is going on! Do they fuse and become kazuma or is it Takeshi or is it Gekkou?

Also violet sensei = Ishoshima?

I need answers now!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 27, 2014 1:34 PM
Sep 2012
What the hell just happened in this episode ??? It was horrible to watch

First, I feel like I missed one episode, then we went straight for Takeshi vs Gekkou, and Trailers vs Wizard Brace.
Head mistress Momoka comes and kill every bad guy out there in one shot (still bad ass as ever, at least it was worth watching her).

So, Takeshi ? Dead ? Who is Gekkou/Kazuma ? What happens to Twilight ? I'm sure there are more questions missing an answer...
Mar 27, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
so it ends with a cliffhanger and yes iam sure that s2 wont come
Mar 27, 2014 1:38 PM

May 2013
What kind of ending was that? Watching this episode made confused with a lot of things. There has to be another season or at least an OVA to explain all of this.
Mar 27, 2014 1:39 PM

Dec 2011
Kazuma is Takeshi for sure. In episode 11, the black mahou jin when kazuma brings kurumi to another place, is the same as Takeshi's purple one. plus in thiis episode he still keeps her picture so... yeah. But tbh i have no idea whts going on, definitely need one more episode to explain more stuff, especially about the relationship between kazuma( Takeshi) and his family.
Mar 27, 2014 1:39 PM

Sep 2009
I don't know how people can call some of the comments here "hate," the show was legitimately bad, especially if this latest episode was any indication. Chock full of cliches and plot holes that could swallow houses whole. This episode deserves a "you didnt even try at all" star. That's how bad it was. It's not some kind of hateful exaggeration, the animation was bad. The soundtrack was subpar. The characters were underdeveloped and boring. The story was a twisted mess of questions and no answers.
Mar 27, 2014 1:40 PM

Sep 2008
Felpman said:
Antearion said:

I shouldn't start watching this.

What I liked it this series, that it have only 12 episodes...

Fukuyama-san, Miyano-san... how much they gave you for it? -.-

I give 6/10, but I wonder isn't too hight for this series?
Little plus for seiyuu, music, animation, Mui and her fanservice, MuixTakeshi fanservice.
Even sometimes it was too random, I liked it...
But plot was terrible, most of characters are annoying... Kurumi... -.-
Mar 27, 2014 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
Wtf was this? Seriously, that Gekkou is pissing me off. This episode added so many plot holes, they ruined it completely. This whole episode I was waiting for that wimp to finally take action, to finally kill that annoying Gekkou but no... nope of course that is not happening. Instead we get warped into time, full with plot holes, confusion and that was it.. -the end-... lol? Pretty sad because the show had plently potential but in the end it has become one BIG mess.

4/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 27, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2009
It's almost a giving that the blu-ray sales are going to be abysmal.
Mar 27, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2012
Never liked this to begin with,hopefully this doesn't get a second season (not that that is even a possibility seeing how terrible this probably sold).4/10.
Mar 27, 2014 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
uran10 said:
This show is gonna get a lot of haters -reads previous comments- yep a ton of haters.

The show wasn't bad but it didn't live up to expectations.

I didn't start with any expectations, I never heard of it up until this season started. The plot holes were so large and inexplicable that it completely ruined any redeemable factor the show may have had in the first place. I'm not saying it's bad because it disappointed my expectations, for I had none to begin with. I'm saying it's bad because of the absolute lack of any definite conclusion to any of the open plots they started.
Mar 27, 2014 1:59 PM

Feb 2013
Well that fucking made a lot of sense

Apr 2012
4/10 (i already feel like this is a very generous score lol)

horrible lol

Mar 2008
Seriously what the fuck is with that middle of the story ending? Is that some lame try to make people buy dvd so they can make second season? This episode was more interesting than rest of them together. And if they did rest of the episodes interesting like this1 many ppl would like this anime and would want second season. But this is just fucking stupid thing to do.
Mar 27, 2014 2:09 PM
Apr 2013
I actually really like the ending the the direction the next season (if it gets one because I doubt this show will sell well but who knows) but the show in a whole was very weak. It skipped around including the end and made you almost feel as if you missed an episode every week. They could have took out a bunch of stuff and get this end story line going halfway or even could have not rushed the hell out of all the arcs.
Now I interpreted that Kazumi is a different version of Gekou and that V is a different version of V but the eye colors don't match so i guess I am wrong. I couldn't exactly tell if they were alluding to that. But V needed alot more screen time, as did Director Shijou, her weapon was unique
Mar 27, 2014 2:11 PM
Apr 2013
Felpman said:
Antearion said:

I felt like this also have no clue why i watched the whole thing but I actually liked the ending even though it was thrown in there with nothing in the previous episodes to really back it up
Mar 27, 2014 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
Indeed horrible I would actually prefer they would actually stick with the plot instead of rushing it.
Why did Towa went against Takashi?
I guess is better to pick up LN for it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 27, 2014 2:24 PM

Dec 2008
What kind of ass pull was this?! Second season? I hope not. Let's just leave this one alone.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 27, 2014 2:26 PM

Dec 2012
With an ending like that, I expect a second season where Kurumi transforms into Hulk Hogan and beats the ever-loving crap out of Gekkou and the people who directed the first season.

And by "expect" I don't just mean I want it, I mean I actually believe it might happen.
Mar 27, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2009
Lennevalkyrie said:
What the flying fuck.... freaking cliffhanger.
S.2 pretty pls but nah that wont happen >.>

It was a nice series but this end really is bad.

I agree a flipping cliff hanger ending. At least make a second season. Hidan no aria at least didn't leave us a cliff hanger ending. There had better be a second season.
Mar 27, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2011
kinda feels like a big punch in the face
Mar 27, 2014 2:45 PM
Jan 2014
I only rated this 5/10 because I actually like the ED song a lot lol.
Mar 27, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2013
That cliffhanger....S2? Hope not.
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Mar 27, 2014 2:53 PM
Jul 2013
take a boring ass series full of plotholes and further complicate it in the last episode without resolving anything and we get this episode of this totally pointless anime. gekkou still doesn't get what was coming to him. i watched it to the end solely for that reason and am sorely disappointed.

youko the mother definitely deserves a place as the worst anime parent of all time alongside the legendary gendo ikari from nge.
Mar 27, 2014 3:00 PM

Feb 2012
Lol wtf kind of ending was that?
Mar 27, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2007
Wow that had to be the best episode and yet why was it the last one? There better be a second season I'll even take an OVA they just can't end it like this.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 27, 2014 3:16 PM

Jun 2012
Is Kazuma Takeshi? Why else would he have a picture of isoshima and call Takeshi's mother his own mom?
Mar 27, 2014 3:17 PM

Oct 2011
Kazuma =Takashi
V= Kurumi
0____________________________0

So Takashi has to change the past : OOOOOO
Mar 27, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2011
Wow hahha I despise it when studios bait another season when the chances of it happening are close to none.

This episode made me so mad holy shit. Takeshi is so naive. Why the hell would you completely lower your guard like that. If Isoshima had to save Takeshi, why did she have to block? She couldn't have just pulled him back? Or in any other direction to avoid getting hit? I don't?? Gekkou's motives are so bad. I don't even understand his motives. He claims that everyone wants him dead (even this is a bit of stretch; the only person who tried to kill him was his mother, did Takeshi even push him? It looked more like he was trying to pull/push him away from the truck) and alright, fair enough, but why doesn't he just tell him how he really feels rather than almost killing his own brother and running away from responsibility.

This anime had potential to be mediocre if not good, but it didn't even do that. The art/animation was terrible (especially in comparison to the light novel illustrations which were beautiful). The story was just horribly executed and it was just a mess. Maybe a second season would fix some plot holes but since there probably won't be a second season it's just how it is and it's pretty crap.

5/10 I'm being generous and I have to think over some things so I may or may not lower it later.
Mar 27, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2011
what a mindfuck and cliffhanger. oh my days.
Mar 27, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2011
Man... what the fuck was that? seriously wtf I just watched?

Before watching this episode I was like: Well the whole anime had a lote of shit i think that the last episode can't be worse than the whole series... AND SUPRISE! THEY DID IT!
Mar 27, 2014 3:46 PM
Apr 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
Kazuma =Takashi
V= Kurumi
0____________________________0

So Takashi has to change the past : OOOOOO

That is what I got from it. Hoping V is kurumi (pretty likely) which means her powers aren't useless later on.
Mar 27, 2014 3:48 PM

Dec 2013
I'm not sure why so many people are saying the show was terrible, or that it won't sell or get another season. But, I'm not saying this was a great show either. It wasn't, it really, really wasn't.

The plot was, indeed, full of cliche and overused formulas. That is a given, and cannot be helped really. It was rushed in a lot of places with the whole narration thing, making the entire series feel more like a prologue to something bigger. But, it was not terrible, nor was it deserving of all the hate it's getting. It's only natural that not everyone will enjoy this series, especially those who've read the manga or suffer from the delusions that every new series that is put out HAS to be completely original with a story written as well as the best novels/screenplays in the history of the world. And, most of the people reading this comment will probably not even know what I just said, and instead will try to take it at face value and miss out on the actual truth of my statement. Moving on.

Takeshi really is the biggest idiot of all time. I've seen some idiot characters over the years, but how stupid can one kid be? But, it's part of what made his character. He's naive, immature, innocent, and a victim of some of the absolute worst parenting in the history of bad parenting.

Gekkou. Where to begin with this piece of trash? He's probably the most self-centered and ego-maniacal character I've seen in recent years, tho I could be wrong and just not thinking clearly because of how much he annoyed the hell out of me. Does anything else really need to be said here?

The rest of the characters didn't get development at all, really. Mui was adorable, and provided great fanservice, and could have been a great female lead if this show wasn't obsessed with the most useless female character of all time(Kurumi). Mui's brother, he was pretty much only around when they needed an enemy or someone to save them. Ida had potential to be a great character, but was sadly left in the background until they needed his magic for some petty thing that was obviously there just to give him a reason to show up on screen.

Back to the story. We were given, in the beginning, the groundwork for a good story(no matter how many times it's been told before). But, it never went anywhere. It escalated, but never went anywhere. It twisted and turned, but never went anywhere. Which is why I said up top that this seemed more like a prologue. However, despite it not going anywhere and being rushed in some places, it was still interesting and entertaining to watch. You just have to shut your brain off and stop trying to convince yourself you have no expectations when you really have unreasonable expectations.

The Ending. Oh, that McBullshit. Once again, I say, this seemed more like a prologue. That ending was not a cliffhanger, it was a kick in the balls. Obviously a cheap ploy to build interest for another season, or at least an OVA. If they wanted to do a proper cliffhanger, however, they could have ended it without showing what happened to Takeshi. Show the hit from Director Loli, the explosion and crater, show Mui at the crater with the totally useless one that should have died(Kurumi), and end it there. THAT would have been a proper cliffhanger, instead they start a whole new story and end it there.

All in all, I liked this series despite its flaws. There were many. But, it was entertaining and interesting. The ending, and Kurumi, will shave some points off my total and bring it down to a 6/10
The_BifMar 27, 2014 3:52 PM
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Mar 27, 2014 3:51 PM
Jan 2012
That ending was crap, if you consider it an ending.
Mar 27, 2014 4:00 PM
Apr 2013
OK So I'm at a castle of the trailers and I'm searching for Isoshima. But I can't find her so LET'S GO TO MY FUCKING HOUSE AND SAVE MY MOTHER OR SOMETHING. Hey brother wtf did you kill mother? "No I didn't but I just heard she wanted to kill me." WHAT DID YOU DO TO MOTHER?! SHE IS OUR MOTHER! YOU DON'T HURT OUR MOTHER GEKKOU WTF. "omg takeshi are you fkin dumb and because of that I'm going to fight you." Oh look there is Isoshima! Isoshima wtf did you do tryna help me out now you're fkin dead or maybe not because you'll be revived easily unlike any other person in the battlefield. BOOP where am I what do I do?! Oh whatever this is the last episode so I don't have to worry anymore especially because I just realized I'm back in the 90's.
Mar 27, 2014 4:00 PM
Nov 2013
The_Bif said:
I'm not sure why so many people are saying the show was terrible, or that it won't sell or get another season. But, I'm not saying this was a great show either. It wasn't, it really, really wasn't.

The plot was, indeed, full of cliche and overused formulas. That is a given, and cannot be helped really. It was rushed in a lot of places with the whole narration thing, making the entire series feel more like a prologue to something bigger. But, it was not terrible, nor was it deserving of all the hate it's getting. It's only natural that not everyone will enjoy this series, especially those who've read the manga or suffer from the delusions that every new series that is put out HAS to be completely original with a story written as well as the best novels/screenplays in the history of the world. And, most of the people reading this comment will probably not even know what I just said, and instead will try to take it at face value and miss out on the actual truth of my statement. Moving on.

Takeshi really is the biggest idiot of all time. I've seen some idiot characters over the years, but how stupid can one kid be? But, it's part of what made his character. He's naive, immature, innocent, and a victim of some of the absolute worst parenting in the history of bad parenting.

Gekkou. Where to begin with this piece of trash? He's probably the most self-centered and ego-maniacal character I've seen in recent years, tho I could be wrong and just not thinking clearly because of how much he annoyed the hell out of me. Does anything else really need to be said here?

The rest of the characters didn't get development at all, really. Mui was adorable, and provided great fanservice, and could have been a great female lead if this show wasn't obsessed with the most useless female character of all time(Kurumi). Mui's brother, he was pretty much only around when they needed an enemy or someone to save them. Ida had potential to be a great character, but was sadly left in the background until they needed his magic for some petty thing that was obviously there just to give him a reason to show up on screen.

Back to the story. We were given, in the beginning, the groundwork for a good story(no matter how many times it's been told before). But, it never went anywhere. It escalated, but never went anywhere. It twisted and turned, but never went anywhere. Which is why I said up top that this seemed more like a prologue. However, despite it not going anywhere and being rushed in some places, it was still interesting and entertaining to watch. You just have to shut your brain off and stop trying to convince yourself you have no expectations when you really have unreasonable expectations.

The Ending. Oh, that McBullshit. Once again, I say, this seemed more like a prologue. That ending was not a cliffhanger, it was a kick in the balls. Obviously a cheap ploy to build interest for another season, or at least an OVA. If they wanted to do a proper cliffhanger, however, they could have ended it without showing what happened to Takeshi. Show the hit from Director Loli, the explosion and crater, show Mui at the crater with the totally useless one that should have died(Kurumi), and end it there. THAT would have been a proper cliffhanger, instead they start a whole new story and end it there.

All in all, I liked this series despite its flaws. There were many. But, it was entertaining and interesting. The ending, and Kurumi, will shave some points off my total and bring it down to a 6/10

Thanks mister! I agree with you in EVERY SINGLE aspect. Personally I enjoyed the series, because it is simply entertaining. I hope that this sudden ending of a completely new arc means, that the studio is gonna air a 2nd season for sure, because if this show got a 2nd season I'm pretty sure alot people gonna enjoy it.
Mar 27, 2014 4:02 PM
Mar 2014
Wow this was just a big F you to the watchers. I mean it just ended the series with them going back in time and the enemy leader taking care of mom. WTF!! Also I was wondering why is Ida Kaunas even a main character? Hardly seen him through the whole series.
Mar 27, 2014 4:02 PM

Feb 2014
they better explain this shit ... wtf ..if i knew this would be the end i would've droped it long time ago ..
Mar 27, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2007
The sword that he stole is become his own. Even Towa became Nightmare. He needed to realize who his brother is, he got tricked again. Childhood girl.. again. Everyone else in each group becoming supportive characters. Wait, that leader... is that main guy from the future?

Past story, with the brother?? They time traveled with that attack?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

158 by rezasaputra27 »»
Feb 17, 2021 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.