3It was OK
6.2%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.6
65 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 17, 2014 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I got some decent laughs from this episode :p

I like Nil's confidence in this episode although I'm still rooting for Sei and Reiji. The field is awesome this episode. I really liked that along with the OST. I personally admit that Nil is pretty strong like he says himself. Overall, good episode. Imo, both competitors put up a fantastic show and great match.

Maybe next time Nil ;.;
Feb 17, 2014 1:26 AM

Jan 2011
Nothing like a hotblooded brawl to get Nils into the spirit of Gunpla. Nice episode as always. Caroline <33
[center]
Feb 17, 2014 1:28 AM

May 2008
Its up? Guess I wont be sleeping just yet.
Nikato's PokePet

ChickMagnet the level 50 Pikachu!
Feb 17, 2014 2:43 AM

Mar 2011
Good episode but think the next one is going to be even better x3
Feb 17, 2014 3:24 AM

Apr 2012
Some G-Gundam awesomeness this episode.
Feb 17, 2014 3:37 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome Virtue at the start, though the pilot was pretty fanatic about Tieria by wearing the helmet.

Finally the fight i've been waiting for with my favourite gunpla in the series. The fight was alright, just dislike the 1 minute pause in the middle. I wanted to see who could win with no arms.

Hope next weeks episode will finally reveal the secret of the invisible funnel from Aila
Feb 17, 2014 4:19 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode :D

Loved the battle. The intensity was pretty awesome. Loved the KO uppercut. That was EPIC :D

Lol'd at Nils faces whenever Caroline was saying she's his gf or cheering him? He's actually a pretty hilarious guy XD He doesn't like losing at all too with how he went up to Reiji and Sei telling them he won't lose nxt time completely forgetting about the particles XD

The secretary is one big bitch!! Stopping the battle in the middle of that suspense >.<!! Damn! Nice seeing her getting owned after they won. Her face was lol XD

Seems nxt ep is the obligatory "Ex-opponent" visit to Reiji and Sei's room XD Seeing Nils there hehe.

Aila's face after Reiji won was sad :(...Seems like she really didn't want to fight Reiji. Nxt ep seems epic with Fellini vs Aila >.< AWESOME! And seems they'll find out who she truly is. I wonder how much drama there will be?

Is this series really only gonna be 25 eps??? T^T No announcements for a S2?
Feb 17, 2014 6:30 AM

May 2013
Lol Nils getting embarrassed when that Caroline girl was cheering for him.
Feb 17, 2014 7:36 AM

Jan 2009
They really didn't think this battle out. The last episode battle was 10 times better than this punch fest. I knew build strike was stupid gundam. It really does hold the series back from having good fights, Too many stupid Gimmicks.

=( Really didn't enjoy this episode.
Feb 17, 2014 8:41 AM

Mar 2008
A great brawl. Lots of DYNAMIC angles. Good to see Reiji's gunpla skills put to work.

Suddenly, an oh-so-familiar Virtue pilot! That, with the bar filled with certain flag fighters and tacticians, makes this quite the 00 peppered episode. Poor Aila, so lonesome.

The afro-american ninja warrior dueling on a rooftop reminds me of that one Animatrix short.
CkanFeb 17, 2014 8:44 AM
Feb 17, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2011
Closed Fist vs Open Palm
After seeing them breaking each other arms I was hoping that they were gonna start kicking each other.
BUILDO KIIIIICKU
That would be interesting.
Feb 17, 2014 12:38 PM
Oct 2010
lol some G Gundam stuff in this ep.
Feb 17, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2013
This episode was decent. I like how this battle focused on melee combat. The pause in the middle of the battle was very unnecessary as it didn't add anything at all.
Conan_KudoMar 3, 2014 11:33 PM
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Feb 17, 2014 1:46 PM

May 2008
It was good, but I don't think it was as thought out as the fenice Gundam fight or meiji vs brothers fight. It seemed really short and like, they got rid of the swords fight off the bat.

I mean the punching wasn't bad...but I would have liked to see more destruction in this one considering how intense it was. It should have been a nearly destroyed build strike with a final punch to obliterate Astray. Or maybe some uber sword attack (since sengoku's swords are gone).

I know that Nils wouldn't win. But it's sad. He was my favorite character and Gundam. Oh well.
Nikato's PokePet

Feb 17, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2008
Ckan said:
A great brawl. Lots of DYNAMIC angles. Good to see Reiji's gunpla skills put to work.

Suddenly, an oh-so-familiar Virtue pilot! That, with the bar filled with certain flag fighters and tacticians, makes this quite the 00 peppered episode. Poor Aila, so lonesome.

The afro-american ninja warrior dueling on a rooftop reminds me of that one Animatrix short.
I know right?!
Nikato's PokePet

Feb 17, 2014 2:13 PM
May 2013
This episode was just nearly perfect...
The visuals, details and movements were almost on cinematic level..
the tension...
the character development...
and the original soundtrack was done so well..
this episode was just.... so f_cking good
9.99999998/10 for this episode..
Feb 17, 2014 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
"Dude, do you not get how revolutionary these particles are?"

"Screw that, we want to play with toys."

Silly, Iori. That type of logic is the reason why your dad's not at home. Seriously, Rinko should switch for Ramba Ral already.

Nice ep. The pause in the middle wasn't really used to significant extend though. That said, Nils grew on me during this episode as did his "relationship" with Caro.
Feb 17, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2012
Well the way the show was progressing I figured that it was only going to be 25 eps although I was hoping it would be 50 like most gundam series.

This episode was awesome. I just wish the fighting was a little longer. Like at the beginning of the battle, since their beam weapons are useless against Nils they could have used the knife, the one that is on every gundam's thigh, with the RG system to fight against Nils katanas. We could have had a sweet sword standoff then both sides katanas/knife breaks then they go hand to hand.
Feb 17, 2014 5:00 PM
Jul 2012
Dang, one of the best episodes as of late in my opinion! As always, they spend the first half with information to continue the story and we learn Nil's secret to his katanas and we see how the PPSE acts to deal with Reiji.

Then, WE GET TO THE FIGHT! Dang, it was freaking intense! Blow after blow, it was some crazy sh*t. But, that 1 minute break, it helped with how they were going with the fight, but it could have been played out better.

For instance, Sei and Reiji after checking that beams were useless, decide to use the RG system and take off the Star Package, but Nils counters this with katana, nearly cutting off the Build Strike's arm that was saved by Reiji. So, they then begin a fist-fight/retreat until they think of a new plan. Soon, Nils makes a accidental opening when he starts to get a bit angry over them dodging. They take this chance to use the already set-up Star Package to distract Nils by forcing him to block it. And they take this chance to knock down the Astray while he isn't focused. Nils loses one of his katanas and the Star Build Strike picks it up and we got a sword fight! They fight and destroy nearly the whole level until they end up destroying each others swords. Nils then pulls out his open fist thing, but without the katanas he can't counter the RG system which leads to an all out fist-fight. But using the Star Package again, they shoot Nils's arms off but not before he cuts off the Build Strike's, but the chairwoman stops the fight and we get that same last bit of the fight that we saw.

Can't wait for the next episode though! Fellini vs Aila! Though its sad to see Fellini go down(most likely) I want to see Aila's secret go to work and see Fellini figure out the trick like our Virtue at the start of this episode.
Feb 17, 2014 9:23 PM
Mar 2012
Such a badass battle between Astray and Build Strike
Feb 17, 2014 10:09 PM

Sep 2011
Watched it again and I spotted a blond Sumeragi and light brown haired Kati.

Yay for cameos
Feb 17, 2014 10:12 PM

Mar 2008
Brigandi said:

Yay for cameos
Don't leave out the poor Flag Fighters, they were in the same room!
Feb 18, 2014 5:55 AM

Sep 2011
Ckan said:
Brigandi said:

Yay for cameos
Don't leave out the poor Flag Fighters, they were in the same room!

Ohh... So that's who those guys were.
Feb 18, 2014 6:02 AM

Mar 2008
Brigandi said:
Where is your Union pride?!
Feb 18, 2014 6:17 AM

Sep 2011
Ckan said:
Brigandi said:
Where is your Union pride?!

Lost because of this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-fLfO8h1E

Besides I have more pride with CB, mainly with Fereshte (Fon Spaak is the true badass of 00)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsFiiyJHc20
Also this
http://i.imgur.com/S50YB49.jpg
Feb 18, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 2013
This show has the best pairings.
BakaAnikiFeb 18, 2014 3:09 PM
Feb 18, 2014 3:18 PM

Oct 2011
Nils found the Gunpla spirit + a girlfriend.
Feb 18, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2012
Amazing, I love that battle!
Particle Fah Jin!

Also that "Tierra Erde". Hahaha!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 19, 2014 2:50 PM

Jan 2013
Intense battle as always.
Plus a nice girlfriend character.
Feb 20, 2014 1:44 AM

Jul 2012
All these fights never cease to keep me entertained.

And all dem OTPs.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 20, 2014 4:03 AM

Nov 2009
A great episode and the battle was a lot better than I thought it would have been.

Glad to know a bit more about the secrets of the Sengoku Astray with the sword features and the 'Particle Fa Jin'. Seems like that timeout gave Sei a chance to modify his Star Build Strike to his advantage. It was a great battle and Nils really is a genius but it was nice to see the way how he admitted that he enjoyed Gunpla. Found it refreshing to see Caroline again as she made me laugh a few times with those moments with Nils.

Next episode is Aila vs Fellini but we all know who is going to win and it seems like Sei and the others will finally know about her. Looking forward to this part.

5/5

Feb 20, 2014 6:22 AM
May 2012
So how many cameos from Gundam 00 they have in every episodes?

This week we see Virtue (Brown), The black guy from 00 movie, 3 Flag pilots, 2 tactical forecasters &etc
Feb 20, 2014 5:40 PM

Feb 2012
More T-Link... I mean Build Knuckle action. I kind of wish the series wasn't so much power bashing though, since that's not really what made gundam cool.
Feb 22, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2009
Dam that was awesome! If only those cheating a-holes didn't interfere again..also is there no end to the awesomeness of this OST?????
Feb 22, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2012
This show's score better skyrocket once it ends, the past five episodes have been top notch.

This is the third time I've said this, but this just may be my favorite episode.
Nils really showed alot of promise towards the end, more than we've seen out of his character thus far in this series.

This show has really gotten good over the past 20 episodes, best Gundam series of this century easy.

Riccardo vs Aila next episode, not looking forward to seeing one of the best characters thrashed by one of the worst.
Atleast we get to see more Riccardo.
Feb 22, 2014 7:46 PM

Dec 2007
RedHazard said:

Silly, Iori. That type of logic is the reason why your dad's not at home. Seriously, Rinko should switch for Ramba Ral already.

Nice ep. The pause in the middle wasn't really used to significant extend though. That said, Nils grew on me during this episode as did his "relationship" with Caro.

Dude. I was thinking the same thing. For that reasoning alone I wanted Sei and Reiji to lose. Nils is trying to change the world and they're arguing over some fucking toys.

...It's also that Nils is totally one of my favorite characters. Which made me sad when he lost, AND got stuck with the lamest girl in the series. Everyone else's girlfriend/wife is awesome: Aila, China, Rinko, even the girl Mao likes (though I don't see it happening...it could so it counts). Nils gets stuck with the twin-tailed lame girl. Shame.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Feb 23, 2014 5:21 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty cool fight, those punches packed some intense energy!

Feb 23, 2014 8:43 PM

Apr 2008
Oh, Virtue... ;_;

THAT BATTLE IS...HOT! Eeen Iori was pretty serious too.

我が流派東方不敗! (waga ryuha touho fuhai). The school of the Undefeated EAST!
Feb 23, 2014 9:58 PM

Jul 2013
I can´t get enough of the OST, seriously.

Epic fight, and can´t wait for the next one.
Feb 24, 2014 9:58 PM

Feb 2011
mecharobot said:
More T-Link... I mean Build Knuckle action. I kind of wish the series wasn't so much power bashing though, since that's not really what made gundam cool.

Haha that's what i was thinking when Sei and Reiji did that :P. As always the animation is excellent! same goes to the OST!.
Mar 3, 2014 7:44 PM
Feb 2009
wtf they just randomly stopped in the middle of it
Apr 18, 2014 9:25 PM
May 2012
SithNoKami said:
Dam that was awesome! If only those cheating a-holes didn't interfere again..also is there no end to the awesomeness of this OST?????

Your Mikasa profile pic really gets me nerves.

NO wonder why these people on MAL forum were like 'meh' sometimes till they have nothing to say whatever questions that I've been raised over what has happened in every episode.

Anyway I agree with you at least there is NO gunpla mafia guy from last episode.
Jun 26, 2014 6:02 PM

Jul 2008
SageShinigami said:
RedHazard said:

Dude. I was thinking the same thing. For that reasoning alone I wanted Sei and Reiji to lose. Nils is trying to change the world and they're arguing over some fucking toys.

...It's also that Nils is totally one of my favorite characters. Which made me sad when he lost, AND got stuck with the lamest girl in the series. Everyone else's girlfriend/wife is awesome: Aila, China, Rinko, even the girl Mao likes (though I don't see it happening...it could so it counts). Nils gets stuck with the twin-tailed lame girl. Shame.

IKR i thought i was the only one that felt annoyed when Sei was arguing with Nil bout his own reason for being there i mean dude comon u think ur reason is better or more important then Nil's or some sht and another thing wtf is up with all these asspull gimmicks strike keep pullin out i mean srsly COMON this is gettin outa hand
TakalaJun 26, 2014 6:05 PM
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jul 24, 2014 11:33 PM
Aug 2011
I like Nils a little more and the boyfrand duo that keeps winning a little less after this episode.
Nov 21, 2014 3:06 PM

Jun 2010
Nils was a pretty boring character.

Can we also come up with a cooler attack than Buld Knuckle?

Please?
Nov 22, 2014 8:29 PM

Apr 2009
Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots
Nov 7, 2015 5:08 AM

Aug 2013
That pause was bullshit -_-

I wanted to see an armless fight.
Apr 19, 2016 5:13 AM

Mar 2014
The Way of the Sword still exists !! Meticulous thinkers Indeed .
"Katsu no Oretachi da !!" This is simply , PASSION .
The Field is Peerless . Sengoku Astray vs. Star Build Strike ~ !! Ikimasu !!
It is the battle of FISTS . Which Fist will come out on top !! It is decided .
VERY GREAT EPISODE . GOOSEBUMPS all over ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2016 1:25 PM

Sep 2014
This was hype!
Enjoying this show quite a bit now, it's good fun.
The characters, the VA work, the OST, the mech designs, and the concept are all solid.
Oct 10, 2017 1:04 AM

Dec 2012
Boyfriend?
Dat ass.
Blonde Sumeragi and Kati.
Kirara with Ricardo again.
Discontinued?
They won.
LMFAO at the secretary reaction.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

46 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

32 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2014

63 by Yoggix »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:53 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

44 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

45 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.