Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2014 9:05 AM
May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mr. Sakaguchi is back and is cornering Medgoen Dachboy. But first Miyata faces Arnie whose power is equal to Ippo's and now he is fighting someone with the toughness that could equal Sendo's. This is probably my 3rd favorite Miyata fight (the first two still only manga exclusive ATM). But it will be fun to see his improved jolt counter in anime form. But I don't like how they colored Medgoen's eyes in the anime. In the manga, they were much, much darker and the games did a cool job of how they did his eyes. I believe his daughter had the same eyes as well in the manga. But I think the color scheme of his trunks worked well and I thought this voice actor did a great job in capturing the character for what little time and lines he has. But, I wonder if anyone who speaks Thai thinks the Japanese speak Thai well. I remember a Russian speaker said that Morikawa Toshiyuki spoke bad Russian.

I think the anime is mostly doing a good job of showing Miyata's abilities. But Mr. Sakaguchi is just using Medgoen and his toughness to mostly research Miyata. But in context to the Hajime no Ippo universe, Sakaguchi gives Miyata that opponent a year and a half after this fight. But I am glad they kept the angle in the final blow.

But it is nice to see they brought back Chana. I am glad the anime kept this part of the anime in. In the HnI universe, it's been 3 years since Miyata was in Thailand and met him.

I do miss how Mr. Sakaguchi delivers the line "bloody cross" which really made the voice actor for me.

As for team Aoki, I do like their color schemes since they do reflect their real names, Kizakura (Ki referring to yellow) and Akamatsu (aka meaning red).

But in the end, it was cool to see the crowd actually call for a Miyata and Ippo fight.
Feb 8, 2014 11:21 AM
Aug 2013
Man, I wish I could just marathon Hajime no Ippo like I used to. The suspense is killing me.
Feb 8, 2014 11:31 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode. The action was almost non stop. Raising that arm high in the air proudly~

Miyata was pretty damn awesome and it was nice to see him fight for his family and pride.
Feb 8, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
Epic episode!!!

Miyata is just too OP!! Not a single hit XD And Damn!! That cross-counter gotta hurt >~< actually felt bad for the dude.

The audience's reaction to Ippo being there and the cheering for them to face off gave me goosebumps :D SO AWESOME!!

When will it happen I wonder -.-

Nxt up the most epic fight!! Can't friggin wait!!
Feb 8, 2014 12:05 PM

Feb 2012
Gosh i hate Mr. Sakaguchi, robbing the Dachboy's fight money whose fighting for his daughter, this does happen a lot in real boxing though. Crowd wants that Ippo vs Miyata fight but we know it aint gonna happen anytime soon, Takamura fights next ! Cant wait for that match to start!! Love his fights! and its going to be crazy once he moves weigh class
Feb 8, 2014 12:09 PM
Jan 2013
Oh, a Miyata episode, boring.
Feb 8, 2014 12:28 PM

Feb 2013
what a fucking masterpiece
Feb 8, 2014 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
What an episode I had No idea Miyata was that damn fast also that. Lol at Ippo being misunderstood. The fight of all fights is coming up next.
Feb 8, 2014 1:47 PM
Feb 8, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2012
After all these years, i must be a fool for not realizing that Sakaguchi was heavily inspired by Don King.
Feb 8, 2014 4:12 PM

Nov 2013
the chants at the end omg
Feb 8, 2014 4:58 PM

Feb 2011
Yup dem chants made me excited , make it happen :D
Feb 8, 2014 5:31 PM

Jan 2009
Miyata vs Ippo next? ye make it happen!
Feb 8, 2014 5:38 PM

Jul 2012
make it happen ippo vs miyata. but miyata looked fuckin OP.
Cty Best mid
Feb 8, 2014 6:04 PM
Feb 8, 2014 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Can't say I really care for Miyata so wasn't as hyped for this episode as I have been so far. Ready for next week's match!

Can someone please explain to me why Ippo and Miyata can't fight now, or why Ippo wouldn't be able to fight Miyata if he went to world fights? Little confused there =/
Feb 8, 2014 8:26 PM

Mar 2008
Katagari said:
Can't say I really care for Miyata so wasn't as hyped for this episode as I have been so far. Ready for next week's match!

Can someone please explain to me why Ippo and Miyata can't fight now, or why Ippo wouldn't be able to fight Miyata if he went to world fights? Little confused there =/
I do believe they can fight now, if it's arranged. Going on to the world stage involves giving up their respective belts (Ippo's Japan title and Miyata's OPBF) and they may have less control over match-making then.
Feb 8, 2014 8:29 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode, but I really can't wait for the next one.
Feb 8, 2014 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
Ckan said:
Katagari said:

I do believe they can fight now, if it's arranged. Going on to the world stage involves giving up their respective belts (Ippo's Japan title and Miyata's OPBF) and they may have less control over match-making then.

Oh I see thank you.
Feb 9, 2014 12:34 AM

May 2013
I dont care about Miyata's fight anymore i want to watch Takamura's fight

Miyata's fight was awesome but one sided and the feels :(
MercuriFeb 9, 2014 1:54 AM
Feb 9, 2014 12:37 AM
Jan 2011
Oh, man Thai guy got his ass whooped by Miyata....boring.
Feb 9, 2014 1:53 AM

Apr 2009
What the...the fight turned out be just a sparring practice for Ichiro! X-( Mr. Sakaguchi used the Thai as a cannon fodder to probe and analyze Miyata's technique, but then it's still unfinished as the episode title says, even though Mr.Sakaguchi is confident he saw the way to exploit it.

Ippo's slip of the tongue got the crowd itching for the fight between him and Miyata. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 9, 2014 8:18 AM

Oct 2013
The buildup for Takamura and ippo vs miyata fight was marvelous.
Excellent anime.
Feb 9, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2007
I don't get it, how much info did Sakaguchi expect to get from having the guy just stand there and take punches? It seems like he only gained something useful when he actually fought back.

But whatever moving on~
Feb 9, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2010
Great fight. now finally it's time for takamura .. nice.
Feb 9, 2014 5:03 PM

Oct 2011
God, I fucking love Miyata's fights.
Feb 9, 2014 9:08 PM

Oct 2013
I really liked this episode and I can't wait for the Ippo Miyata fight. I just wish Miyata had more of a challenge. We already don't get much of him so when we do get a Miyata fight I'm always hoping his challenger is worthy
Feb 9, 2014 11:03 PM
Jul 2018

I also want to see Ippo vs. Miyata.
Feb 10, 2014 3:56 AM

Mar 2010
Finally the main fight of the season next ep
Feb 10, 2014 8:07 AM

Aug 2011
This ep just makes me want to watch Miyata vs Randy Boy Jr. already..

Ok, next.

**☾**
Feb 10, 2014 9:03 AM

Sep 2013
i felt for medgoen this ep ;_; poor guy ><
an admirable fighter until the end! :-)

cannot wait for takamura's fight now omg *_* i have a bad feeling tho
like i feel that he's gonna be on the ropes right from the start or something :(
Feb 10, 2014 2:42 PM
Feb 2014
Can someone pleassseeee link me to or tell me the name of the song that plays at the end of the episode? I've been looking everywhere and I can't find it, it's the one while the crowd is shouting for Ippo and Miyata, you know, the guitar one? Pleasee,

Also I loved this episode, felt feels for medgoen that I never knew I had, and loved how he went from being a totally random character to someone you felt something for by the end of the episode.
Feb 11, 2014 3:05 AM
Aug 2008
inertionss, you mean this epic shit which is always when someone wins in HnI:Rising?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0BW0rPeUNI

Because if you are looking for this one when Takamura was shown up so it wasn't released yet.
Wojtini21Feb 11, 2014 3:12 AM
Feb 11, 2014 10:45 PM
May 2007
Well, I thought this episode in conjunction with the manga was appropriately paced. I believe it ended in round 6 and it was his 5th title defense. Miyata keeps an active fight schedule due to his weight control and wants to stay near fighting weight. The manga briefly did show the difficulty of his weight control as well but the anime didn't really show it (and it also skipped Miyata being introduced to Imai and Itagaki).
Feb 16, 2014 12:36 AM

Jul 2008
Ckan said:
Katagari said:

Can they fight now? Absolutely....will they? That's the greater question. Manga readers know the final answer to this...

And now its time for the hawk. Or the Bear...or the Ogre...however you want to say it.
Feb 17, 2014 4:29 AM
Mar 2013
Flawless victory. This wasn’t as interesting as I thought it would be for a Miyata episode but still good none the less. I still don’t understand why Sakaguchi used Medgoen Dachboy.

How did he plan on beating Miyata? He told him to keep his guard up and use a turtle strategy but I don’t see how that would’ve helped him beat Miyata unless he had a secret trick up his sleeve.
Feb 17, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2008
emeraldrosary said:
Flawless victory. This wasn’t as interesting as I thought it would be for a Miyata episode but still good none the less. I still don’t understand why Sakaguchi used Medgoen Dachboy.

How did he plan on beating Miyata? He told him to keep his guard up and use a turtle strategy but I don’t see how that would’ve helped him beat Miyata unless he had a secret trick up his sleeve.
You missed the part where he was only using him to 'sound out' Miyata's abilities, not beat him.

As another poster noted, it's ironic, as it's only because Medgoen struck out that he learned anything of value.
Feb 21, 2014 12:15 PM
Mar 2013
Ckan said:
emeraldrosary said:

You missed the part where he was only using him to 'sound out' Miyata's abilities, not beat him.

As another poster noted, it's ironic, as it's only because Medgoen struck out that he learned anything of value.
Ah yes, you're right, that was explained at the end of the episode but it wasn't that apparent while they were actually fighting.

Truthfully I was expecting Sakaguchi to have a secret "bloody cross" move like last time, it is his style to hide things after all. In any case, I doubt Sakaguchi's plan will work out in the end.
Mar 25, 2014 4:57 AM

Jun 2009
Oh Ippo you just had to say that out loud didn't you?
Apr 2, 2014 1:42 AM

Mar 2012
Awwwwwww yea, the main event is finally coming up :D
Aug 16, 2014 1:39 PM

May 2012
Interesting ending! Quite liked the overall episode so let's see what's next!
Jan 4, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2010
Not much of a challenge for Miyata.. Well compared to ippo who looks like trash after a fight.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 11, 2015 7:35 AM

Jul 2012
"Who's the bozo with the big mouth?" Then everyone turns around and sees Ippo xD

I hope we see some kind of epilogue of that guy and his daughter. On another note, they drew the cornea of her eye way too big. Kinda creepy lol.

I really hope we get Ippo vs Miyata at the end of this season, but I doubt it. Just not enough time with seven episodes to go :( I wonder what the chances of a S4 are.

This Takamura match should be hype though. His last fight was the best in the series!
Nov 5, 2015 5:47 AM
Nov 2014
It's time for the big man, Takamura to get onto the spotlight for dat title match. Pretty goddamn hype!
Apr 6, 2016 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, Miyata destroyed that guy. The Mr Sakaguchi sub plot I feel is gonna take off soon. I'm figuring he's gonna wind up getting some monster to fight Miyata in the future who counters him perfectly or something.

Anyway, time for the Takamura fight. Not really that hyped for it, but hope it's atleast entertaining
Jul 5, 2016 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
Nice to see a Miyata fight again, too bad for the tragic backstory.
Jul 6, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2016
They've been teasing the Ippo vs Miyata fight since season 1 and that came out 16 fuckin years ago!
Just make them fight already for fucks sake!
Mar 12, 2017 8:12 PM
Oct 2015
I guess I'm one of the few who actually like Miyata. Not as much as Ippo does, but still he's cool. I figured he would have moved up a weight class, but it seems like thats not a problem.
Jun 13, 2017 9:20 AM

Mar 2013
Good to see Medgoen fighting for his family and pride.

And idk why but I think I've lost my liking for Miyata now. He seemed more charming as a losing prince haha
Aug 21, 2018 8:50 AM

Mar 2017
It was a good episode, but I wish the fight would have been longer. I still hate that ugly midget, he was completely unnecessary. If they elaborated a bit more on the enemy's backstory with his little daughter and made him a bit more capable and not just a sandbag, it would have been more exciting. On the other hand, the way it is now it goes to show you just how much Miyata has grown as a boxer! He's definitely better prepared for the world stage than Ippo... that cocktease though. I swear I'll ragequit if the Ippo vs. Miyata match sucks. Is that even in the manga yet? I guess I'll see when I get around to it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

weiss - Oct 19, 2013

75 by Ukkaz »»
Apr 19, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

163 by hector_01 »»
Mar 29, 1:22 AM

» Season 4 ? ( 1 2 )

marian11 - Mar 29, 2014

85 by ParaParaJMo »»
Mar 13, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2014

70 by hector_01 »»
Jan 14, 4:14 PM

» New season

Bernardino_2000 - Jan 11

4 by lionaloone »»
Jan 11, 6:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.