Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 31, 2014 7:36 PM
Jun 2010
annettefelice said:
AnimeSweden said:
Sure the whole war thing is interesting and all, but I wanna see more of the original group that Shiro was part of... That girl who introduced Shiro to the world of "gaming" or however you wanna call it.

Also, MORE FIGHTING! I love to see new spells/skills and new fresh equipment! More focus on the game aspect of the series and a little less on the psykological please. And f off with the romance PLEASE! Don't make this into a romance anime like SAO did.. Don't.. Assasin girl liking Shiro is OK. Krusty liking Princess is also OK. Please, no more. Focus should be on the world itself with all the gaming aspects in it. Human romance and such trivial stuff shouldn't be focused as much as it is...

Kanami (leader of Debauchery Tea Party) only appears in Shiroe's flashback and doesn't have any role beside become the source of Shiroe's inspiration. Maybe after the war, there's some time to insert some flashback about Shiroe's DTP days.
DTP already disbanded so the members who got trapped in Apocalypse are scattered. There's no time for Shiroe to gather them all because he's busy with Round Table and his new Guild :D

If you interested with Kanami, she has her own spin-off web novel. But it has a lot of spoilers and can't be crammed into the LH (Shiroe's) main storyline.

About psychological matters, it's already mentioned that LH it's not action-packed show. There's some action part but expositions and world building takes most parts of the story.
Ah, romance is a part of the show but I think it will not become the main focus because there are many things happened at the same time and the characters are busy with their battles. World building is the soul of LH afterall. Apart of the romance aspect, all of the girls have interesting personality and their roles are very important to the main story ( I like Henrietta very much, although her "passion" turned me off. She's one of the most competent woman in LH. I want to see more of her interaction with Shiroe XD. They're perfect pair if we talk about scheming and negotiating)

Well they can always do it like Toaru Majetsu no Index where the author alternates between the science side and the magic side every two novels while keeping the timeline consistent and ongoing. But because the two story will not intersect in LH like it does in TMI, it's not surprising that the spin-off of LH is kept separate from the LH main novel.

Would love to read the spin-off T-T
Jan 31, 2014 9:07 PM
Jan 2014
LazyLuong said:

Well they can always do it like Toaru Majetsu no Index where the author alternates between the science side and the magic side every two novels while keeping the timeline consistent and ongoing. But because the two story will not intersect in LH like it does in TMI, it's not surprising that the spin-off of LH is kept separate from the LH main novel.

Would love to read the spin-off T-T

If I'm not mistaken, there's fan attempt to translate the spin-off story, but the progress is very slow. I forgot about the exact site because most of my sources are based on the author's main site (mamare.net)

Sooner or later, I think that the elements from the Kanami's spin-off can be integrated into the main story at later time. Both Shiroe and Kanami got trapped in the same world afterall.

Back to the main topic : the anime and main storyline. Shiroe takes a very long (but steady) way to build power and uncover secrets behind the Apocalypse. He needs more time to do his research, and scouting entire Yamato Server to collect info is a tedious task without support from Akiba.
Now because he has the Round Table Council as his back-up, I think that he can form a new division to do some research about the magic system in Elder Tales. I like the concept of "creating something new that not yet to be seen in the world " like what the adventurers did, but after meet Regan and his magic theory,.. there's should be a deeper research about magic from the adventurer side because it may be useful in the future. creating a new spell is good, but if they can salvage and "revive" something like ancient spell from Alv-legacy .. it'll be another accomplishment.

Well, for the time being, let's see what will Shiroe do in the war against Goblin. His juniors already begin their battles with limited resources. Shiroe should send reinforcement as soon as possible if Akiba going all out war with the Goblins.
Feb 2, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2013
It's finally getting good again towards the end.
Feb 5, 2014 6:06 AM

Feb 2013
this anime sure make me remember the day I watch durarara.... I mean all of the character have their time...

hope this anime will get good climax.... subjectively I like this kind of anime, as long as it can give me good climax with so much build up.
Feb 10, 2014 6:59 PM

Mar 2008
O-Divine-Demon said:

Akatsuki is best girl, though.

Akatsuki is awesome but my favorites are Lenessia and Serara :P I don't really like Akatsuki's hair + chara design, looks like a kid.
Feb 13, 2014 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
lenessia's hand movements whilst she was speaking at the conference were so ridiculous
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 16, 2014 9:52 PM
Mar 2009
I'm going to venture a guess that the Izumo Knights were the Gamemasters of Elder Tale before the Apocalypse took them out.

Lenessia being a People of the Land and being able to reach such a deep understanding of Adventurers is surprising. Whatever coding the NPC's were made of is pretty damn advanced. They don't even seem like NPC's anymore.

I'm getting a bad feeling about Minori's group. Like something is going to happen, specifically to Rudy...
Feb 16, 2014 10:36 PM
Jan 2014
ChronosXIII said:
I'm going to venture a guess that the Izumo Knights were the Gamemasters of Elder Tale before the Apocalypse took them out.

Izumo Knights are precursors. NPC with broken stats surpassing the adventurers. They are the heroes in Elder Tale. The last hope for people of the Land if they can't depend on adventurers (that's why PotL freaked out when Izumo Knights dissapeared).
If Akiba Residents know that members of 13 Knight Orders are the game masters, they'll look for them as soon as possible to gather informations..

But it seems that even the adventurers didn't pay attention to their existence and even forget about them until the Goblin Invasion came. It's bugged me because although they are NPCs, if they are the heroes of the game.. making contacts with them is a good plan for the adventurers.
Feb 21, 2014 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
So, who's going to pay for that table?
My Candies:
Feb 26, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
The title of the episode was so misleading, but it was in a clever ironic way. That lazy and coward princess is the one that will probably save her whole country.

I was so cracked up by the fact that Minori said that she had an artefact that could let her see in the dark similarly to cats, yet it seemed like an infrared vision xD

Minori is getting better and better as a strategist. She's a good apprentist for Shiroe.

The politic part was really interresting. It was nice to see how each lord wanted to defend their interrest.

Michitaka destroying the table with his fist was hilarious and so out of nowhere.

Crusty and the princess make such a cute pairing :3
In the OP, we can see the princess dressed as an adventurer. Guess this will come soon. For the next episode title, it make me think that they will raise an army and fight against the goblins.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 23, 2014 5:27 PM

Jun 2011
Great development. So Rudy got a new gauntlet now, let's see what it can do.. The OST of this series reminds me of FT's.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 30, 2014 3:10 PM

May 2012
An informative episode, but with an interesting ending! So let's see what happens next now that that princess has gone to Akihabara!
Apr 1, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2013
At first I didn't like rudy but as the time passed by you will like him. It's a good thing that Lenessia hime encouraged some adventurers to defend the eastal from the goblins.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 8, 2014 3:23 PM

Dec 2010
Linessia is really great, I just love her.
Apr 15, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
I have a feeling towards Rudy that he might be someone/something else.
Great episode and seems that the prices is starting to act which ads to her character.
Apr 19, 2014 11:26 PM

Apr 2014
Our Kawaii NEET Hime was just plain epic this episode.
Such amazing character development.

ToG25thBaam said:
The OST of this series reminds me of FT's.

The series composer is Yasuharu Takanashi, who is the composer for Fairy Tail & Naruto: Shippuden.
On a side note they share the same director with Fairy Tail.
Jul 3, 2014 3:06 AM
May 2012
Fuck, I fell asleep while watching this episode, but not because it's boring. I had to eat to regain strength.
The nobles doesn't look and act like nobles at all ahahaha. I am glad he smashed that table.
That's my Lenessia, baby <3

Lyranx said:
Our Kawaii NEET Hime was just plain epic this episode.
Such amazing character development.

ToG25thBaam said:
The OST of this series reminds me of FT's.

The series composer is Yasuharu Takanashi, who is the composer for Fairy Tail & Naruto: Shippuden.
On a side note they share the same director with Fairy Tail.

Awesome!!
Jul 7, 2014 10:46 PM

Sep 2013
Half expecting and hoping lenessia will just shout "LFM ALL goblin raid" next episode.
Jul 27, 2014 1:16 AM

Jun 2009
Jul 31, 2014 6:50 PM

Dec 2009
Feel like after a bunch of so-so episodes the series is picking up again :D .
Such junk...
Aug 25, 2014 1:06 AM

Oct 2013
RyanBebop said:
Feel like after a bunch of so-so episodes the series is picking up again :D .
Not for me :/

Sep 2, 2014 9:37 PM
Mar 2014
The princess really stepped up this episode!
Nov 1, 2014 11:20 PM

May 2013
Izumo Knights, what happened to you?

Awesome, Rudy gets magical gauntlets. (^_^)
Oh no, the table. Michitaka, why? (T_T)

Lenessia has made a decision that decides the fate of the Landers and the Adventurers.
She will be the bridge they have all been looking for.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 19, 2014 2:10 AM
Jul 2014
I'm thinking the Izumo Knights used to be the GMs, and that they weren't logged in at the time of the Apocalypse, so missed out on whatever it was that transported everyone into the game world. Maybe they knew it was coming, and preferred to observe from the outside (although that's getting into Pointlessly Evil Company territory, so I hope that part isn't true).
Nov 28, 2014 1:32 AM

Jul 2012
Michitaka was hilarious parodying the lifting glasses thing other characters do and destroying that table.

Wait, Crusty has a griffon too? Was he a part of the Tea Party, or did he have his own group to clear the raid that awarded them?
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Feb 23, 2015 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
Cream_Soda said:
snufflesxx said:

^ Right xD
Gotta give it to the princess for this ep too, nice one :D

Agreed; I thought he was a pompous ass in the beginning but I'm beginning to like him.

Also, I actually watched the OP for once (I always listen to the music, but try not to pay attention as it can drop spoilers from time to time); I hope they weren't showing Rudy's death when he was laying out on the ground in the OP -.-

Also, the princess is awesome.

Rudy is nice! Yeah, I hope the thing from the OP isn't true...
And Lenessia is cute!
Mar 4, 2015 2:04 AM

Aug 2013
C'mon c'mon.. enough with the politics.
It's time for some action after so long.. time for war.
LOL.. Lenessia's hand movements were pretty awkward.
Jul 1, 2015 5:21 AM

Sep 2014
Michitaka sure went wild ^^, that invisible glasses lift though haha :D
Lenessia adorable as usual, great to see her finally act though!!
Rudy becoming more likeable too :o
Really nice episode overall.
Jul 30, 2015 10:44 AM
May 2015
I think I actually lost brain cells this and last episode.

1. What the hell was up last episode with the adults arguing against the newbies? They were talking like idiots. What do you mean why would you do it? You're fucking dungeon crawling, you play video games for fun, you constantly do random shit in the real world without someone asking you too. On top of that people ARE LEGITIMATELY DYING why does no one even mention this? Plus the only downsdie to dying is losing some XP so what the fuck? Who cares? You can grind it out later and it won't be a lot anyway MMOs death penalty is never that harsh. Remember, no one else knows about the memory stuff.

2. Again, the entire fucking issue is that they somehow think it is us versus them for absolutely no reason. For all of history you have paid adventurer's who then took 40 years (remember the stupid 12x speed) to complete quests for you.

SO HOW ABOUT, YOU JUST OFFER THESE PEOPLE A QUEST TO KILL THE ARMY??

Then the fucking guy who is like "omg u guys are sacrificing my city?" u fucking what, they said they would seige it up, seiges are external. And the alternative is that your city gets completely destroyed and they don't defend it so what the fuck are you even talking about you fucking retard

Right and then they make this stupid shit about hoow the adventuer's are so free. Right so the adventurer's have to be convinced individually. WHAT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE TOO? The people of the land have to be convinced to follow their lord, they aren't forced to do it!!! The same way Shiroe commands the council which commands the guilds which commands a person is the way the King commands his Lords who command their people.

Assuming they've been relying on these Knights to fight demihumans (and do they fight for city vs city wars too or what how do they know who is the right side to be on fucking bias humanist fucks). Then they should have no army at all in which case they are totally fuckerinoed. So again, JUST BUY THE ADVENTURERS! WHY THE FUCK NOT YOU DUMB FUCKS? YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN DEBT (aND WHO THE FUCK CARES IF YOU'RE IN DEBT IF YOU'RE NOT DEAD NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU PAY UP ANYWAY THERE AIN'T A COURT).

And then they also constantly fuck up the day travel time. Remember if it's at half Gaia it's actually not that fucking far to anywhere you dumb fucks. Especially with horses.

Then the stupid princess is like herp derp I'm going to go there (does she even fucking know they have griffons if not then she thinks it will take ages or whatever not just a night journey anyway it's really not that long but w/e they apparently think it is). BUT SHE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ADVENTURER'S APPARENTLY SINCE THEY KEEP BRINGING IT UP SO HOW DOES SHE EVEN KNOW HOW TO CONVINCE THEM OR WHAT TO OFFER OR EVEN REMOTELY THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA, FUCK I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW SHE KNOWS WHAT THE CITY IS LIKE IN ANYWAY OR HOW ADVENTURER'S ARE STRUCTURED.

These goblins armies, right demihumans are clearly fucking sapient if they can crown a King so why don't you just fucking communicate with them? At least they respawn so it's not hitleresque to genocide them. What do they fucking want? Just sit down and ask them. Do tehy want you to leave Japan? Cause you said there were like 10x as many People of the Land so that's not that hard, just fucking move to Europe which is a million times better and doesn't have earthquakes and shit and then they goblins can set up their own government instead of being brutally murdered by humans all teh fucking time you sick racist fucks.

Also I really just can't underline enough how stupid the concept is of one player sitting and watching. Imagine if there was a fucking MMO where one player basically did jackshit but look around or sit in trees. That would fuckingf suck and no one would play that class cause it's shit and for one needs like voice chat and no one plays voice chat in pubby MMOs. Anyway it makes no sense because she could be doing a million times better just fighting.

So how did these goblins communicate with each other to arrange this attack, did they deliberately attack on the beach, why are the goblins splitting into groups at night anyway, do the gooblins need to eat, are they foraging, what do tehy eat, how do they think, they know enough to strategize and shit, but capture one and interrogate it come on this is fucking the most obvious shit ever.

anyway yeah im sure the show is going to get even more fucking retarded anyway, especially how no one else tried to friend rudy or the fact that they must never have seen another sorcerer ever int he entire fucking summer camp to not notice the stupid adventurer/sorcerer thing and all the other stupid shit that makes no sense and npcs would not work like that cause its fucking retarded as all hell
Oct 24, 2015 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
Bout time someone cut through the bullshit.
Jan 2, 2016 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
Was hoping for something a little more interesting and exciting from the newbies in their efforts to save the town.

I do like their camaraderie and teamwork, though. More than Shiroe's main party, actually.

"Is it bad to be fired up?" asks a character voiced by the guy who voices Natsu :D

I liked the political wrangling of the lords and also the lazy, cowardly princess proving herself to be quite something. She did a great job threading a delicate political needle.
Oct 12, 2017 4:27 AM

Sep 2012
i think cause they are new in that world Izumo Knights were transferred in to human world
Sugram22Mar 15, 2021 8:07 AM
Apr 6, 2018 9:58 AM

May 2016
Finally she took a step I was dying for someone to do something about the situation.
Apr 26, 2018 8:32 AM

Apr 2009
Well the nobles are idiots trying to save faces, she might as well have been Queen Amidala going to the Jedi herself instead of the Gungans. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 18, 2019 10:02 PM

Feb 2015
Minori's group is attracting and defeating some goblins. Duke Serjiad had a meeting with his NPCs about the emergency, revealing that Izumo Knights desappeared without trace. Rayneshia heard while she was outside about Izumo Knight's disappearance. West Wind Brigade arrived to Maihama. Rudy kept tha treasure from the dungeon (magical gloves). Shiroe, Krusty and Michitaka had a meeting with Duke Serjiad and the nobles about the goblin emergency, after a discussion Rayneshia appeared and talked to Krusty, revealing Izumo Knight's situation and asking him help to reunite adventurers in Akihabara. Shiroe, Akatsuki, Krusty and Rayneshia went to Akihabara.

I was thinking about, there are only a few members of the round table that actually have a remarkable number of members, so it all could depend on them, and technically, guild leaders are not owners of the adventurers, but can persuade them to help. Minori is becoming a good strategist, she's leading the group, something that I saw could be difficult to someone with a retracted personality. Finally Krusty's relation with Rayneshia paid off, and I'm surprised cause being Shiroe the main character, Krusty really made this by his own, probably changing the direction that the mission took in Maihama.
Sep 8, 2019 7:10 PM

Mar 2016
Shiroe just seems to be more and more like a commander as time goes by and I like it!

The Princess had more fucking balls than all the nobles combined, the King himself is annoyed at their pathetic squabbles. Meanwhile, the princess is willing to throw her pride and actually recruit free adventurers personally for the sake of the civilians!
Aug 15, 2020 5:13 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm impressed by the princess' speech to be honest, she's great, so now all they need is to ask help in Akiba to save them against the goblins, great.
Dec 30, 2020 8:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
My my, lazy princess really shined on these episode by surprising not only the npc nobles, but the Round Table representatives too. They wanted to make it slow and steady to gather an information, while the adventurers were indeed ready to help. However, by the appearance of her, everything would be pretty fast into the next step, instead of facing a deadlock dillemas behind those damn conference against Eastal League. Moreover, her role should be needed to clarified what they needed to do, while kept trying their best to established a better relations with the Landers, especially with those nobles. Such a nice timing, and those griffon riding looks really like Akatsuki when she first rode it. Lol.

Meanwhile, at the others side of there forest, the kids trying their effort really to be more important. Surprise attack, ambush attack, such a smart idea from Minori, the descendant of Shiroe. But i may have a feeling something bad would be happened to Rudy. Hope its wrong, then. Ganbatte, kids!
badabassDec 30, 2020 8:27 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 17, 2021 6:07 AM
Sep 2020
Awesome that Minori's team is working way better now !!!

Way to go Princess showing initiative there , Krusty has some work to do now protecting the Princess !!!
Jul 22, 2021 3:58 PM

Jul 2015
Rudy really has grown as a character, I hope nothing too bad happens to him. Also respect to the princess for giving the speech on freedom.

Oct 22, 2021 3:54 AM

Jul 2016
Eijikita_Rukaede said:
At first I didn't like rudy but as the time passed by you will like him. It's a good thing that Lenessia hime encouraged some adventurers to defend the eastal from the goblins.

Him and the bard are the only two who are any good in that band of kids. I give zero fucks about the rest of them.
Nov 16, 2022 6:46 PM

Oct 2012
The Rudy death flags are increasing. Just when I'm starting to like him.
Dec 15, 2022 6:39 PM
Jul 2015
man hits table. that was the most memorable part lol
Jul 25, 2023 4:10 PM
Jan 2023
That was a good episode, some goblins got taken out and the princess is now travelling back to the adventurers home city to try and get some of them to help with the war against the goblins.
Aug 31, 2023 8:28 AM
May 2017
The drama wasn't as well written as other political anime.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.