Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion


#1
Oct 26, 2013 1:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113925
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Akatsuki <33

Ah so the cat dude finally shows up in the show. Finally. He's pretty badass. I'm still getting used to his voice though because he tends to add NYA to it. I'm liking this Nyanta though. He moves fucking fast just like a cat.

Yea, I think I'm going to like this cat guy after seeing him kick some ass this episode. GG guild leader, gg.
 
#2
Oct 26, 2013 1:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 27669
The main guy met those pairs. Confrontation, finally. Nice combination, and at same time to try out the maid girl's ability. The assassin girl finding out the secret of that skill of the main guy. lol @ the final blow by the maid girl.

Finally the secret about the game is revealed?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#3
Oct 26, 2013 4:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1948
Another great episode! I enjoy Log Horizon way too much. If anything, this episode focused a bit too much on the technicalities, which kinda hampered the action, but... I still have fun with it.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

 
#4
Oct 26, 2013 5:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2484
Just goes to show how previous friendship & cooperation enables you win easily without planning ahead.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

 
#5
Oct 26, 2013 5:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1089
Looks like Nyanta is a badass as I imagined him to be, he was taking all those hits from Demikas yet he was still keeping a smile on his face, it's like he knew he was going to win from the beginning lol. Shiroe's plans are pretty good, I can see why he was a strategist of the Debauchery Tea Party, being able to work alongside Nyanta and Naotsugu like that without saying much really shows how long they've known each other, and Akatsuki is beginning to notice that, I hope she develop things further with Shiroe later on. But this show really does entertain me, boy do I love Saturday mornings lol
 
#6
Oct 26, 2013 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1583
Fitting Serara-chan has the final blow
Another fun episode but a bit heavier with the explanations than I'd like for pretty much the same strat we saw again with this party
 
#7
Oct 26, 2013 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 985
shiroe looked pretty badass
 
#8
Oct 26, 2013 5:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 10990
That was great :D

So awesome!! Totally loved Nyanta and Shiro's combo work. Pure ass kicking.

Nyanta is BA! Taking those hits like nothing XD

I knew Shiro and Nyanta knew eachother but I didn't expect Nyanta to be called "Chief" So he was a leader of some sort in Tea Party? That's interesting. Really want to know more about Tea Party. The way those 3 were in sync like that just gets me hyped to see how they used to be when they were together in the past >_<

Anyway awesome teamwork there ^^

I gotta say the strategies, monologues, explanations and teamwork with those team combos are Definitely the thing that makes this series really good. Props to the animators for adapting the monologues. I've been enjoying this immensely :D
Modified by Barion-Zara, Oct 26, 2013 5:56 AM
 
#9
Oct 26, 2013 5:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 553
wow nice combat and so much different skills ^^

very smart to of shiro to use that bind spell 2 times in an instant

but i expected a bit more from the second in command with the lizard armour


i realy wanna see a huge boss fight :p

4,5/5
 
Oct 26, 2013 5:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 279
Not enough Akatsuki, but this episode was really enjoyable.
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7106
That cat sure knows how to fight. Nice teamwork from the both of them.
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 12
Marow said:
Another great episode! I enjoy Log Horizon way too much. If anything, this episode focused a bit too much on the technicalities, which kinda hampered the action, but... I still have fun with it.


Yeah...i think that they don`t need to focus too much on the technical specs, it`s not a bad think but it takes too much time of the length of the episode. I hope that in the next episodes this will decrease, but of course, not disappear.
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1347
Getting exciting. That catman seems unbeatable and reliable. So is Akatsuki. She acts like Qiang Lei of Kingdom.

The battle scene was nicely done. But I wonder why they didn't call griffins when they were inside the Susukino town. If they had called griffins, they could've flown away safely and wouldn't have been attacked by Brigandia outside the town, no?

The episode was carefully made without making the viewers feel confused nor left behind. I appreciate it.
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 563
This is a really good MMORPG anime.
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 92
aboe said:


very smart to of shiro to use that bind spell 2 times in an instant



 
Oct 26, 2013 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4468
That got really technical in the last part lol. This show is getting better by the episode
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:59 AM

Online
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32139
god damn it the cat dude is really annoying because of him adding meow to his speech, otherwise fun episode

I like how they arent letting the mmo talk fade into the background, i hope they keep it going until the very end

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Oct 26, 2013 7:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
I probably wasn't paying attention, but I still don't understand why shiroe had to delay casting the thorns, if double casting was the trick behind it :/
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:09 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 61
The MMORPG feels while watching this anime, with mechanics and explanations.
Just keeps getting better and better..
That's a real dual sword wielder MMORPG character not an OP one
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 440
Blah blah blah nya blah blah blah nya nya nya nya.

Oh dam, that strategy was amazing.

That last part with Akatsuki <3

I love this series so much goddam, the ost is amazing too :)
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 195
Ambient_ said:
I probably wasn't paying attention, but I still don't understand why shiroe had to delay casting the thorns, if double casting was the trick behind it :/

Bursting down someone instantly prevent them from getting healed or time to react to counter and such. If he gets hit by the 1st Thorn Bind Hostage and then knows its mechanic, he will try to break the roots instantly when the 2nd one hit.
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
Talukita said:
Ambient_ said:
I probably wasn't paying attention, but I still don't understand why shiroe had to delay casting the thorns, if double casting was the trick behind it :/

Bursting down someone instantly prevent them from getting healed or time to react to counter and such. If he gets hit by the 1st Thorn Bind Hostage and then knows its mechanic, he will try to break the roots instantly when the 2nd one hit.


No I understood that bit. What I was wondering was why shiroe just stood there for most of the fight, allowing nyanta to get dropped into the red, and forcing naotsugu to use iron castle.

Also, does anyone find it op that thorn bind hostage's active time is as long as it cd? lol. Perma root ftw?
Modified by Revenant_, Oct 26, 2013 7:24 AM
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 92
Ambient_ said:
Talukita said:
Ambient_ said:
I probably wasn't paying attention, but I still don't understand why shiroe had to delay casting the thorns, if double casting was the trick behind it :/

Bursting down someone instantly prevent them from getting healed or time to react to counter and such. If he gets hit by the 1st Thorn Bind Hostage and then knows its mechanic, he will try to break the roots instantly when the 2nd one hit.


No I understood that bit. What I was wondering was why shiroe just stood there for most of the fight, allowing nyanta to get dropped into the red, and forcing naotsugu to use iron castle.

Also, does anyone find it op that thorn bind hostage's active time is as long as it cd? lol. Perma root ftw?


He can cheat at that battle . At the end , Akatsuki want to ask him about that but she stop
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
Ignis_Scientia said:
Ambient_ said:
Talukita said:
Ambient_ said:
I probably wasn't paying attention, but I still don't understand why shiroe had to delay casting the thorns, if double casting was the trick behind it :/

Bursting down someone instantly prevent them from getting healed or time to react to counter and such. If he gets hit by the 1st Thorn Bind Hostage and then knows its mechanic, he will try to break the roots instantly when the 2nd one hit.


No I understood that bit. What I was wondering was why shiroe just stood there for most of the fight, allowing nyanta to get dropped into the red, and forcing naotsugu to use iron castle.

Also, does anyone find it op that thorn bind hostage's active time is as long as it cd? lol. Perma root ftw?


He can cheat at that battle . At the end , Akatsuki want to ask him about that but she stop


Am I supposed to know this? Haven't checked if LH is based on a manga/LN.
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 92
Ambient_ said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
Ambient_ said:
Talukita said:
Ambient_ said:
I probably wasn't paying attention, but I still don't understand why shiroe had to delay casting the thorns, if double casting was the trick behind it :/

Bursting down someone instantly prevent them from getting healed or time to react to counter and such. If he gets hit by the 1st Thorn Bind Hostage and then knows its mechanic, he will try to break the roots instantly when the 2nd one hit.


No I understood that bit. What I was wondering was why shiroe just stood there for most of the fight, allowing nyanta to get dropped into the red, and forcing naotsugu to use iron castle.

Also, does anyone find it op that thorn bind hostage's active time is as long as it cd? lol. Perma root ftw?


He can cheat at that battle . At the end , Akatsuki want to ask him about that but she stop


Am I supposed to know this? Haven't checked if LH is based on a manga/LN.


Based on LN with Violent cencosed .
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12193
Hmm. I like how this show breaks several molds. Anyone still calling it a SAO clone still is frankly, a moron.

The best Leader isn't always the one at the front with sword in hand. But the one at the rear who's plans require the least of effort on the part of the commander and his forces, but also makes the enemy dance with his own.

I suspect he'll become a major influence depending on how long this show runs.
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
Ahk. So I'm assuming they'll clarify this later.
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
Here is the explanation from animesuki
Some may be confused at what happened, so I'll clarify -

Shiroe's Thorn Bind Hostage is a debuff that puts up to five thorns on the enemy, which bursts and deals 1000 dmg when an ally hits.
This spell has a cooldown time of 15 seconds.
Nyanta's attack skill is a 10 hit combo, 5 from each sword.

First Shiroe casts the T.B.H on Demikuas.
Nyanta stops attacking Demikuas, as not to activate the thron. (This is important, you don't want their healers from undoing the damage)

When Shiroe's cooldown is ready, Nyanta performs the 10 hit combo attack.
Shiroe times a recast of another T.B.H on Demikuas to finish casting exactly between Nyanta's 5th and 6th hit. (So when one of his sword finishes the 5 hits)

Nyanta's first 5 hits deals damage to Demikuas, as well as activates the first set of T.B.H
The second T.B.H lands on Demikuas just split second before Nyanta's final 5 hit lands.

10000 damage from T.B.H, + 10 combo attack from Nyanta's skill = instant death.

This way the burst damage is so fast, the healers have no chance to respond.

This isn't as easy as it may sound, you have to know the casting time and acting time of each skill, and time the activation to perfectly match your partner's.
Basically you have to make a synchronized move within 0.1 second of margin of error.
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13547
The way that improvised strategy worked out was awesome, really enjoying the tactics in the fights and how each person has their role to play. That was hilarious when Serara dealt the finishing blow with her staff. Looks like Shiroe is making enemies now, I wonder if this will come back for him later on. The preview sounds interesting, I wonder what revelation is going to be unveiled.
 
Oct 26, 2013 8:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 790
Nyata rules this ep....Good strategy!
 
Oct 26, 2013 8:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Awesome fighting :D.
 
Oct 26, 2013 8:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1689
Oh my god, SHIROE STOP TOUCHING YOUR GLASSES.
 
Oct 26, 2013 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 650
Nyanta owning Demikas like a gentlemanly boss (with help from Shiroe of course)

So Akatsuki just one-shotted all the healers?
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
 
Oct 26, 2013 8:30 AM

Online
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32139
RedArmyShogun said:
Hmm. I like how this show breaks several molds. Anyone still calling it a SAO clone still is frankly, a moron.
call me childish names all you want, its still a sao clone due to its identical premise, doesnt matter how much better it is, its quality has nothing to do with whether its a clone or not

Even sao had this mmo talk at the start even if it disappeared later, thats why im hoping log horizon keeps it up like it has been

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Oct 26, 2013 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 554
Could someone tell me why the bad guys wanted to get Serara? It seems that I completely missed the point. >.<"
 
Oct 26, 2013 8:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4073
Love it love it love it so freaking much. Awesome show.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
 
Oct 26, 2013 8:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 153
I understood what happened in the fight after reading a few posts but I still don't get why he didn't use T.B.H the moment he walked out of the gate and had to stall for so long. Also balance wise this skill is so broken. 15seconds for a 5k burst when most max level players have 7k-9k life and ~13k on tanks. And imagine if u have multiple enchanters chain-casting it.
 
Oct 26, 2013 9:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 10990
MuFeR said:
I understood what happened in the fight after reading a few posts but I still don't get why he didn't use T.B.H the moment he walked out of the gate and had to stall for so long. Also balance wise this skill is so broken. 15seconds for a 5k burst when most max level players have 7k-9k life and ~13k on tanks. And imagine if u have multiple enchanters chain-casting it.


I guess they wanted to show Demikas his place by fighting him first?

As for it being broken. I agree pretty much but keep in mind that u'd need another person to work in combo with u to make it work. And 5k is only half the HP so unless they're totally in sync like Shiro and Nyanta were (Which is actually pretty damn difficult to do) u wouldn't be able to KO anyone with it. And that's what made it awesome ^^
 
Oct 26, 2013 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1760
Damn this episode has a really great detail of MMORPG Games, their classes their magic, and their time attacks, pretty good overall. Nyanta was badass as well as Shiroe and his group cooperating in the fight.

Now they retrieved Serara, time to escape with the ride on the Griffons.

 
Oct 26, 2013 9:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
I wonder why just before Demikas dissapeared, on the screen, Shiroe is Boukensha (Adventurer) It's not his class or his sub-class. What is it?
 
Oct 26, 2013 9:26 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7785
This anime continues to impress. The strategies shown are pretty awesome. I like it how they are revealing it one by one. It's as if we are going through a walkthrough made by elite players!

5/5 for the episode!
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

 
Oct 26, 2013 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8509
Dude. Thorn Bind Hostage is an OP skill. 15 seconds cooldown? a basic skill even for enchanters.

Imagine having a boss raid dungeon with multiple enchanters. They could exploit the bind by having each enchanter cast it each when bind hostage wears off. 1k damage each hit + cannot move during the bind. Rinse and repeat.


I can already imagine a 5-man dungeon with four enchanters and one archer beat the boss easily. A range because they can seem to perform melee attack even though they are bind.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 
Oct 26, 2013 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 286
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Hmm. I like how this show breaks several molds. Anyone still calling it a SAO clone still is frankly, a moron.
call me childish names all you want, its still a sao clone due to its identical premise, doesnt matter how much better it is, its quality has nothing to do with whether its a clone or not

Even sao had this mmo talk at the start even if it disappeared later, thats why im hoping log horizon keeps it up like it has been


SAO was published (published, not written) in 2009, Log Horizon was posted on a site in 2010, .hack's first game (.hack//Infection) and first anime .hack//Sign both premiered in 2002.

SAO, Log Horizon and .hack all focus on players in an MMORPG. All shows have either one played stuck inside, or multiple players.

The original anime of .hack (sign) had one player who couldn't log out, subsequent games and anime that followed had instances where everyone couldn't.

Here's the kicker, SAO was originally written in 2002, the same year that Sign and Infection came out. Now tell me, who copied who?

Kite from .hack dual wields.
Shugo (Player in Legend of Twilight with Kite's PC) dual wields.
Haseo (Protagonist in .hack//GU games and .hack//Roots) dual wields.
Kirito dual wields.

Players in The World (MMORPG that .hack is set in) who were infected with a computer virus fell into a coma.
Haseo went in a coma.
Kirito and the other players were in a coma while in SAO.

While players in .hack played The World using a controller, they also had headsets.
Players in SAO used headsets to achieve virtual reality.

Alfheim Online was created using the scraps of data and servers from Sword Art Online.
The World R:2 was created from the remaining data of The World (a fire destroyed almost all of it's data).

Kirito had Dual Wielding Ability.
Kite had Data Drain.

Yuki Kajiura made the music for both (Sign and SAO)

Which is the real clone?
 
Oct 26, 2013 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 553
are they taking the drops or not?
 
Oct 26, 2013 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 153
dan_wuyin said:
I wonder why just before Demikas dissapeared, on the screen, Shiroe is Boukensha (Adventurer) It's not his class or his sub-class. What is it?


Everyone on the game is considered an "Adventurer" just a fancy word to replace "Player".
 
Oct 26, 2013 9:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 7
Artstyle said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Hmm. I like how this show breaks several molds. Anyone still calling it a SAO clone still is frankly, a moron.
call me childish names all you want, its still a sao clone due to its identical premise, doesnt matter how much better it is, its quality has nothing to do with whether its a clone or not

Even sao had this mmo talk at the start even if it disappeared later, thats why im hoping log horizon keeps it up like it has been


SAO was published (published, not written) in 2009, Log Horizon was posted on a site in 2010, .hack's first game (.hack//Infection) and first anime .hack//Sign both premiered in 2002.

SAO, Log Horizon and .hack all focus on players in an MMORPG. All shows have either one played stuck inside, or multiple players.

The original anime of .hack (sign) had one player who couldn't log out, subsequent games and anime that followed had instances where everyone couldn't.

Here's the kicker, SAO was originally written in 2002, the same year that Sign and Infection came out. Now tell me, who copied who?

Kite from .hack dual wields.
Shugo (Player in Legend of Twilight with Kite's PC) dual wields.
Haseo (Protagonist in .hack//GU games and .hack//Roots) dual wields.
Kirito dual wields.

Players in The World (MMORPG that .hack is set in) who were infected with a computer virus fell into a coma.
Haseo went in a coma.
Kirito and the other players were in a coma while in SAO.

While players in .hack played The World using a controller, they also had headsets.
Players in SAO used headsets to achieve virtual reality.

Alfheim Online was created using the scraps of data and servers from Sword Art Online.
The World R:2 was created from the remaining data of The World (a fire destroyed almost all of it's data).

Kirito had Dual Wielding Ability.
Kite had Data Drain.

Yuki Kajiura made the music for both (Sign and SAO)

Which is the real clone?


finally, someone who knows .hack. i was about to say that too. except i didnt know much about .hack.

all i know is that it was a game where people fell into a coma or something. i only watched one season of .hack

and yeah, i didnt know which one was first, but i thought .hack was first because it was an old anime.

no matter how much i like Sao, i like Log Horizon better, so far. and people should know they're different.
 
Oct 26, 2013 9:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 732
Nice Shiro, nya!
 
Oct 26, 2013 9:54 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 447
I love this show. Dat strategeries. Don't care what anyone else says I love the explanations and feel that their needed. Akatsuki <3.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
 
Oct 26, 2013 10:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 41
I love this show so much :D It really captures the same feeling as playing an mmorpg :) it reminds me of my early days of wow ^^
 
Oct 26, 2013 10:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4760
This show reminds me so much of my hardcore mmo-gaming days. Kind of makes me want to play again. The way they explain the game mechanics, classes and attack types...everything just feels so familiar.

I'd imagine the level 19 Serara would have a significant level up after her party beat at least 2 level 90 guys and a bunch of scrubs :D

I was half-expecting Nyanta to say "ERABE!" haha.

When Nyanta said "recklessness is the way of the young" it kind of got me wondering if Demikas was just a whiny little kid or simply just a lolicon in real life.

Akatsuki 1-hit KO the healer group + the level 90 sorcerer. Well she did a sneak attack so I wouldn't be surprised if it hit with crazy high critical damage + base damage. She is level 90 after all.


DenjaX said:
Dude. Thorn Bind Hostage is an OP skill. 15 seconds cooldown? a basic skill even for enchanters.

Imagine having a boss raid dungeon with multiple enchanters. They could exploit the bind by having each enchanter cast it each when bind hostage wears off. 1k damage each hit + cannot move during the bind. Rinse and repeat.


I can already imagine a 5-man dungeon with four enchanters and one archer beat the boss easily. A range because they can seem to perform melee attack even though they are bind.


I wonder if a magic attack would also trigger it. 4 enchanters casting TBH while a mage casts AoE spells? Broken.
Modified by xchee, Oct 26, 2013 10:18 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
 
Top
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »