Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 28, 2013 2:23 AM

Sep 2012
Welp, I guess you'll enjoy the climax of Refrain, then.
I guess it's like me with some of the VNs I've played, where I've found the buildup to be boring, but reacted to the tearjerking scenes.
If it helps to know, this part of the VN (episode 4 and part of episode 5) is probably my least favorite part in the entire VN. Episodes 6-13 are where the story's at. Sadly, we have to get through Maeda's silly Rin 1 to get to Rin 2 (eps 6-7) and Refrain (eps 8-13).
Hope you'll get more interested in the later episodes.

I mean, it's called "Little Busters!: Refrain", but it's like Clannad After Story, where it has non-After Story (or in this case, Refrain) material as part of the season.
Oct 28, 2013 3:31 AM

Nov 2012
God.. where is kurugaya?! :"""( dont know why but I feel sad when watching this episode..
and whats with that scene after rin and riki left the room.. when everyone left too :/ something happen here.. :/ I feel .. agrhgh I cant explain it :/
and final task? really wonder what is it :/
Oct 28, 2013 4:58 AM

Sep 2011
So many changes from the VN, but all for the better. This episode was fucking glorious! Rin is just soooo cute ;_;
Oct 28, 2013 5:43 AM

Oct 2012
In contrast with the previous episode this one felt a little weaker, perhaps because of all the comedy around. And, though this is only my opinion, I think Rin is the worse romantic choice, her romance felt a little bit forced even in the game (but their relationship is getting better as the end nears so I guess this feeling is only temporary). But it's nice to see (almost) all the crew again.

Suginami had very minor role I guess it served only one purpose, that was a little bit rushed.

I also think that Komari, Kud, Mio and Haruka disappereance part was sign of Rin route started. I wonder if they go out to date in anime but I guess that won't be the case according to the preview.

Anyway, the last task - we all know what's coming next.
Oct 28, 2013 7:47 AM

Oct 2013
Its funny how Suginami was just shown just for the sake of having someone confess to Riki. I mean she just suddenly appears, confesses, then just ran away and vanished through the whole episode
Oct 28, 2013 9:27 AM
Mar 2008
Just when I thought this show had a chance getting better, it got worse.
Let's go out together, but plz it's embarassing so don't touch me.
lolololol Japan.
Oct 28, 2013 9:42 AM

May 2010
Kinda disappointed with this episode. Not only it was damn fast-paced with too random Suginami's confession, but also Rin/Riki moment wasn't that good T^T And animation looked really off at times, glad I wasn't the only one to notice that.

I liked the Riki's reaction after confession though, "Iyaiyaiya" always makes me lol. Besides it's Horie-chan, she makes Riki so much more loveable than in the game <3 In visual novel he looked more serious, I guess.
But Rin's scene... It was horrible :( I was always imagining how Rin is standing before Riki, and when she says "let's go out" she turns at him in slow motion, and then there is a cut on Riki's eyes... Well, basically how it was in the visual novel. I don't know, even the music didn't match, though it could be the same in a visual novel, I don't remember.
Anyway, it was one of my most anticipated scenes in this season, and I'm damn disappointed. The only thing I liked better was the talk with Kyousuke, since in the game they talked on phone only, and Riki/Rin messaging each other, so cute~

Hopefully it will get better next week...
Oct 28, 2013 10:02 AM

Dec 2011
That felt... Off... somehow. The very feel of it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 28, 2013 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
draker said:
lolololol Japan.

Not sure if troll or just silly.

There's something known as character contradictions. Research them. They're a commonly used technique to make characters more REALISTIC and add more CHARACTERISATION. It's part of what makes her character her. She's supposed to be socially awkward and even somewhat childish.
Oct 28, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
Welp, there were some episode titles listed (not sure if they are legit) that say Rin's route will be ending at episode 6, and Refrain will start at episode 7.
If so, I'm pretty hyped, because this is pretty much the weakest parts of the VN.

The awkward/forced/dumb romance is intentional, and part of Rin's character.
Welp, I guess people were expecting the shy character to not act shy, And people kind of miss the parts where Kyousuke said that Rin doesn't really understand love.
She's taking Riki going out with her as a joke, essentially.

Seano299 said:
draker said:
lolololol Japan.

Not sure if troll or just silly.

There's something known as character contradictions. Research them. They're a commonly used technique to make characters more REALISTIC and add more CHARACTERISATION. It's part of what makes her character her. She's supposed to be socially awkward and even somewhat childish.

As I said, people not paying attention to the show kind of kills it.
Luckily, the Refrain arc will basically say "Here's why this happened, and here's the purpose of it all" with the Secret of the World.
Thankfully Maeda's work combined with Michiru Shimada's scriptwriting will be idiot proof by the end.

I expected people to hate Rin's romance this much overall, so I'm surprised there are still some anime watchers who like it. It's whatever.
Hopefully we do get that 7 episode Refrain arc that 2ch posted episode titles for.
Vladz0rOct 28, 2013 10:14 AM
Oct 28, 2013 10:12 AM

Jun 2012
Vladz0r said:
@KeyIsLove
lolwat?
That's the ONLY CG you really want to see animated?
Did you even read Refrain? There's a bunch of great CGs that I'd be pissed if they didn't animate.

hurr i dunno mang i mena ie takled about it b4 and sed it so many timez...

Yeah, stop talking like that dude. Yes, I've read Refrain multiple times. But Masato's backstory and that CG are my favorites of the entire VN. More-so than this one (http://cgv.blicky.net/lbe/0114.jpg) or this one (http://cgv.blicky.net/lbe/0258.jpg), which are my favorites in order (second and third). I mean yes it would suck if the last one wasn't animated, but I care more for Masato.

I am interested in seeing this animated. http://cgv.blicky.net/lbe/0277.jpg
Oct 28, 2013 10:17 AM

Sep 2013
I can understand that Refrain is going to be 7 episodes now, but to neglect Rin's route like that, to fit that much content into 3 episodes is a joke. Rin's romance with riki is forced yes, BUT, Look at that special scene at the end of refrain (note this isnt a spoiler), Look how much Rin grew her love for Riki, and then tell me if its forced or not after that scene.

And before you say that im not happy with refrain being 7 episodes, oh yes im Happy like I really am, but the route that actually leads to refrain is being neglected. And that animation quality on ep4, was just horrible at times.. gawd.
DeathyZAOct 28, 2013 10:21 AM
Oct 28, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2011
dat confession, sincerity over 9000!
Oct 28, 2013 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
DeathDoUsPart said:
I can understand that Refrain is going to be 7 episodes now, but to neglect Rin's route like that, to fit that much content into 3 episodes is a joke. Rin's romance with riki is forced yes, BUT, Look at that special scene at the end of refrain (note this isnt a spoiler), Look how much Rin grew her love for Riki, and then tell me if its forced or not after that scene.

And before you say that im not happy with refrain being 7 episodes, oh yes im Happy like I really am, but the route that actually leads to refrain is being neglected. And that animation quality on ep4, was just horrible at times.. gawd.

I'm re-reading Refrain, and from what I could tell, the pure meat of the Riki and Rin romance is actually in Refrain. I mean, most of Rin2, their relationship just seems purposefully shaky. Riki himself questions somethings about it himself in a not so forward way. But Refrain really brings those two close together in my opinion. Their chemistry in Refrain is what it should be. I'm not going to drop any spoilers, in case any anime-only viewers see this comment. But Rin2 is literally just setting the scene for Refrain and all you need is the very major scenes from Rin2 to have Refrain work

So really, I think it's fine that they're doing Rin2 in 3 episodes. They got a lot done in this episode and it wasn't half-bad. It was just set-up for Rin2, which is set-up for Refrain. You can expect the set-up for a set-up to be meh and obviously it would be the episode they put the least amount of money into as it really isn't THAT big of an episode.
Oct 28, 2013 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
*fingers crossed for glorious Refrain with plenty of SAKUGA*
Oct 28, 2013 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
Vladz0r said:
*fingers crossed for glorious Refrain with plenty of SAKUGA*

For the glory of bros!
Fingers, legs, eyes, arms, toes, 3rd leg, hair, hair cells, organs, neuroreceptors are all crossed.
Oct 29, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2010
Kinda sad not to see Kurugaya... Suginami is sorta cute, nice to see her confession. I was like," kiss you two!" when they fell by riverside. Wait, they are going to start dating just like that?...

"Is that how it works?" I loled so hard, Rin is so cute xD Poor masato got kicked. I am still missing my Kurugaya, where is she? Oh God, my heart is sinking; why Kud, Haruka and Mio are leaving? Now I get it, why you 3 were acting strange, at least Kud... What are all of you planning? Don't go... I just can't enjoy the romance if one side is acting so sad...

10/10... Couldn't give it more... Seriously sad right now...
Oct 29, 2013 8:47 PM

Sep 2012
Rin-chan! Gyah, I am madly in love with her! She is plain ridiculous.

However, next episode's preview saying bonds being tested? I don't like that idea. Everyone disappearing? Don't like that. Oh shit, why am i watching this at airing!!!! I can't wait half a week till the next episode comes out!!!!!
Oct 30, 2013 7:46 AM

Jul 2013
Riki x Rin... I approve. It's really funny how naive they both are, not to mention how funny it was when Kyouske (wrote that wrong but I don't know how to spell it) made fun of Rin and Riki and started teasing them, I also think all of the girls from Little Busters (and the stalker) are not only jealous but I believe their kind of sad or something it really touched me. The end of the episode was pure drama, the last task so that they can learn the secret of this world. Can't wait for Episode 5!
Oct 30, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2010

who doesn't care about the animation xD (or sees a diffrence :D)

man i hope this will bring out the feels i had with clannad, H2o, EF, ... :D
Oct 30, 2013 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
kickthebucket said:

you're not the only one :). i do see a drastic improvements but just dont care
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 30, 2013 4:22 PM

Sep 2012
kickthebucket said:

Refrain/Animation rant

If Refrain turns out to pack the appropriate content from the VN, and it turns out to be a good show from JC Staff with the same type of precise screenplay we've been getting so far, then I think Refrain will be great.

If people are going to call it a far inferior Key work based on its adaptation up till the very end, and they're basing it on the animation or their lack of understanding of the story (aka their lack of attention span), then I don't really care what they think.

I only care about the people who are remaining open minded and are paying attention to everything that Little Busters has to offer.
The idea that anyone can give LB Refrain a 3/10 and Clannad After Story a 10 is absurd, though the Refrain arc hasn't started yet.
If anyone would actually watch the entirety of the show and give it a 10, it would just speak wonders by how easily people's "hearts" are moved by good animation, and how little the story and its content actually l matter to them.

In that case, they probably couldn't come up with a reason why they didn't like the show, other than "It was boring", "I didn't like the characters", ect.
Having an attention span and seeing all the characterization and character motives hints that flesh out the characters is a requisite for liking this show. The thought that people could rate something like Angel Beats to be much better than Refrain, at least once the Refrain arc is finished, would absolutely baffle me, because there's more characterization and well constructed plot development in Refrain than there is in the entirety of Angle Beats.

I've enjoyed some shittily animated shows, while high budget anime from people like Shinkai are some of my least favorite.
People just care too much about the animation. If those that diehard KyoAni/PA Works watchers manage to to to finish this entire series and say it was far worse than any of Key's other works, then it's just an insult to Key and Jun Maeda for not giving the show you attention because of who produced it.

I can see people not liking kawaii uguu Komari, Kud, Haruka, and Mio (people find her kinda boring), but if you think that Mei and Fuko's CHARACTER from Clannad were much better than those, then I truly think you're biased towards the animation, because the character types, story arc structures, and executions are similar enough to that arc.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to people who actually pay attention and get engaged in the story development, rather than those who just give it half their attention because the animation isn't good enough. I hope most of the people who watch the show half-assedly could just drop it already. :)
Oct 30, 2013 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
I think people should just stop comparing Little Busters to Clannad.
Sure they're pretty identical in storytelling, but what you can expect out is pretty different Well other than rivers of tears. I think the bar was just set unbelievably high for LB:RF from the start.
Oct 30, 2013 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
Ourka said:
I think the bar was just set unbelievably high for LB:RF from the start.

It was set high from the beginning with Little Busters.
I mean, the experiences of Clannad and Little Busters are similar in that they have the mediator/psychiatrist protagonist helping out the other characters.
The sub-plots in Little Busters are individually kind of weak, even moreso through their transition to anime, which I think wouldn't have been miles better even if KyoAni did it. The series would've still been heavily dropped and criticized until Refrain.

Here comes my rant for if KyoAni did it:
Personally, I feel the main way it could've been significantly better if KyoAni did it is if they gave the series more episodes, included every heroine route, and kept them all closer to the original experience than what JC Staff did with them.
The comedy and dramatic execution would've been miles better, but there would be nearly as many people who would find the show to be trite, tedious, overly dramatic, etc. Objectively, the stories would've been mostly, but people would value the experience more, even without Refrain being the end goal of the show.
The dramatic heroine arcs in the VN I believe would've had to have been heavily changed in execution in order to work well in the anime, though, and I don't think that would've happened.

I wrote a wall of text for /a/ about it, but I'll try to condense my thoughts of what they should've done much better, and what was unavoidable.

Series Composition issues and lack of foresight:
Miyuki and Suginami needed more screentime, considering their plot relevance.
Masato and Kengo needed more screentime for the same reason.
There should've been more common route variety, and better jokes. They left out some of the fun Kurugaya ones in favor of devoting entire episodes to stuff like Kud's roommate situation, Rin's missions (episode 20 was awful), and spent an entire episode on the cafeteria minigame.
There could've been some more episodes that focused on characters that people will actually like and will matter in Refrain.
Masato felt more like a gag character with few memorable scenes in the anime compared to his presence in the VN. I think his turnaround in Refrain will be weak because of this.
Kengo and Kyousuke are nearly equal to where they were in the end, so this is alright.

Animation and Direction- obvious issue, and probably the biggest one

Riki's character design and characterization-
It's pretty weak in the VN and the anime.
He's a weak protagonist by design, but his experience is supposed to be the audience's experience as he enjoys his time with the Little Busters.

And LB vs. Clannad in terms of enjoyment and story structure:
Aside from After Story, Clannad is full of self-contained, episodic subplots, that are varied and simple to follow. Little Busters pretty much has the heroine routes and its comedy up until Refrain.
I still think that LB as a whole is more focused, but the common route could've had some heavy revision in the anime. They could've used the same familiar jokes and applied them to different settings and subplots in the anime to make the experience more enjoyable. Clannad transcends the daily school life setting much more often than Little Busters does. In fact, some of the parts where they left the school in LB didn't even make it to the anime. (Haruka house visits?)

Anyway, I think Refrain will turn out well given 7 episodes, but I think there will be a ton of people who won't have become attached to the characters, despite spending 32 episodes to build up to the Refrain arc.
There are some people watching Refrain who can't even get the character names down.

LB gets most of its depth, its recommendations, and high approval from Refrain.
That being said, I think that if they do the rest of the series on the level of Kurugaya's arc, it can still be pretty good.
For people who marathon the LB series when it finishes, the character attachment to the Little Busters may be close to what it is to VN players, and they might get an experience close to what we got with the true route, especially with the addition of tons of scenes being animated that didn't even get CGs in the VN.

But yeah, the whole thing is that Maeda's thing with Little Busters was that the characters didn't have very high levels of depth, but their through familiarity the repetition of the common route is what makes Refrain such a good experience. Aside from the main 5 characters in Refrain, there will always be complaints about the character development in s1.

Anyway, there's my daily wall of text.
Oct 30, 2013 11:08 PM

Dec 2012
I actually very much agree to everything you just said.
Shallow characters were one of my main issues.
Although personally, I found the back story of the supporting cast in LB to be way more interesting than Clannad, I think they just didnt have enough screen time for the depth to really settle in, so as a result, it was a "meh, I think I care, but really.. I dont think I care."
Also, this may be a bit too much for one season, but they should have also focused on the relationship between the LB members. They were like the background singers in musicals that get two lines of solo singing, and they just all shoot back to the main character. This was partly my reason for really cringing on the forced drama.
They are supposed to be the ultimate group of friends who's bonds defy time/space, but... that kinda fell short. They did the defying time and space correctly, but uh... the bond was... a floppy, soggy strand of a wet noodle.
This is all my opinion of course.

In Clannad, the episodic character development kinda worked because it was down to earth, like
Well these are pretty believable, some may call it shallow, but it kind of worked with getting that level of attachment within 3-5 episodes.
But take LB for

Its wayyy more complex than Clannad, so I dont think they can just pull out the 3 episode card to tell all their stories.)

My point is probably the same as yours,
Riki.
Dear lord, I dont like him. He's TOO...bland? Ordinary? (I'm not sure about the correct wording) to be this time-space altering GOD character who's role is to nurture his friends back to life.
Personally, I found him to be a little annoying.
This also affected my views on many heroine routes due to the feebleness of the main character who always relies on his friends to help him out. Then suddenly, BAM, pHD in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy. Well shit.

Definitely agree on more common route/jokes to just bring the Little Busters closer together.
Sure in Clannad some jokes were milked dry, (Sunohara 999 kick combo) (Chain combo!) (hit 100 more times) I laughed my ass off at something so simple. I think some exaggeration could have been used a bit more.

Bah, I dont know what I'm thinking anymore. (Biggest post I've made here I think...And I dont usually do this...)

P.S.
As much hate Kud's route gets, I liked it just due to the shock that those events are happening to poor little Kud who's only crime is being unable to speak English correctly.
I'm sad they didnt add the "Riki, save me!" cry for help because it was such a shock to me at that time.
Oh, shes just back in her home country... a riot? People getting shot...? Doors breaking down?! Kud's being kidnapped suddenly?!
POOR LITTLE KUDO. :'(

P.P.s. What the fk am I even typing.
Excuse my grammar please, I have never written a post this long before.
And me ESL. :(
Oct 30, 2013 11:58 PM

Sep 2012
Yep, sounds about right.
Well, Key's side writers equated to varying route quality.
I knew the Secret of the World in advance, and understood the context of each girl's route, so I was able to adjust to the magical aspects of it and enjoy them more when I read them.

There should've been more hand-in-hand partnering up with the Litlte Busters characters. There was some Haruka-Kurugaya and Masato-Kengo, but I would've liked to see more intimacy and familiarity between the characters and their interactions.

Still, the events of the LBs in the common route are silly and mundane, and nothing extends as far as the main 5's role in it all.
I thought the themes and emotions of the heroine routes and Refrain were vast, but the scope of the storytelling for the common route was pretty limited.

Honestly, what I REALLY wanted to see done were some out-of-school parts.
I would've liked to see some kind of festival episode with all the Little Busters where they could incorporate some of the memorable jokes from the VN. There's a lot of fun potential in an episode like that. Competition between characters playing games and stuff, all sorts of silliness etc.

I don't think Riki relly had any sort of requisites to help the heroines, though. I kind of threw the word "psychiatrist" out there, but most of what Riki seemed to do was provide support and come up with reasonable solutions to the situations.

Komari's route solution was pretty down to earth. Riki rewrote the chicken and the egg story to undermine Komari's old story.
Riki struggled to keep his memories of the new team captain, Mio, and when she disappeared, he chased after her.
Kud's route in the VN made much more sense with them being connected through Riki's dream. He seemed to be aware of what was going on, and he provides the moral support which converts to Key magic to save her.
Haruka's route had a lot of development in the VN, and he played a pretty strong role there. I can't recall the exact events, but that one seemed pretty good.
And with Kurugaya's route, the bros helped him out with the fireworks, and the romance between them became the rest of the route in the VN.

I thought Komari, Mio, and Kud's resolutions were the most interesting, because I didn't expect them. For the most part, Riki's reactions to the situation seemed pretty natural, but then I guess it would technically be out of character due to how impotent he is in the common route.
I guess there's a sort of discrepency in his character.
He's the pipsqueak in the common route who isn't ready for Refrain, while he's able to come up with the right ideas in each route.
The bros support him along the way, but don't give him the greatest answers.
I think they were the most helpful for Mio and Kurugaya's routes: "Do not trust any words other than your own", and the fireworks kickstarted Kurugaya's route.

I think Riki's young appearance and lack of playfulness and control in the common route is what makes him seem kind of bad. In the individual routes, he seemed on par with some of the Clannad routes.
Nov 1, 2013 5:50 PM

Dec 2012
Fun episode, Rin embarrassed is so cute. Kyousuke's strange behavior has led me to a theory, I won't mention it yet in fear of VN player reactions, but I'm just going to put it out there that it's very bizarre and in the 1/10000000 chance that I'm right, my mind will be blown.
Nov 2, 2013 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Fun episode, Rin embarrassed is so cute. Kyousuke's strange behavior has led me to a theory, I won't mention it yet in fear of VN player reactions, but I'm just going to put it out there that it's very bizarre and in the 1/10000000 chance that I'm right, my mind will be blown.

Perhaps you (or someone) should start a "anime watcher only" thread to discuss your (and others') theories. It's not really fun for people to withhold their ideas just because the VN has the full story.
SleepingEntityNov 2, 2013 2:15 AM
Nov 3, 2013 11:00 PM

Sep 2012
So Mio, Kud and Karuka are gone for good ?? (until perhaps the end part I suppose)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2013 10:36 AM

Mar 2011
Very funny episode. I would choose Mutsumi, though.
Nov 5, 2013 5:56 PM
Jul 2013
Man, people here really do mean business when trying to analyze the anime.
My life ain't any better but MAN!, you people really need to go out more.
Nov 5, 2013 6:16 PM

Sep 2012
pipeds said:
Man, people here really do mean business when trying to analyze the anime.
My life ain't any better but MAN!, you people really need to go out more.

http://i.imgur.com/KhLl8Ve.png

We analyze it because a lot of us have already read the material, and aside from nostalgia, we don't have anything new to do during the 22 minutes of watching besides coming up with analyses and critiques on JC Staff's adaptation
Nov 5, 2013 8:05 PM
Jul 2013
Vladz0r
We analyze it because a lot of us have already read the material, and aside from nostalgia, we don't have anything new to do during the 22 minutes of watching besides coming up with analyses and critiques on JC Staff's adaptation[/quote said:

Even I, who have already read the source material can't be that "passionate" about analyzing the anime. I just watch it because it is the anime adaptation of the VN that have taught me something about life. Maybe, I'm not that of a hardcore fan like others.
Nov 5, 2013 8:16 PM

Sep 2012
Well, not everyone decides "Oh, I want to analyze the entire episode."

Some people will comment on the execution of a scene that stuck out as exceptional or poor. Then someone might see that and take a look at multiple scenes and how they were done and offer their opinion on it, and ass the post count escalates, the ideas vary, and some people (like myself) may wind up giving an entire elaboration of how they thought the episode was.

On my first watch, I usually have little to say about the show, but through Skype chat about ideas, reading several pages of MAL posts, going on /a/, and running multiple runs through the anime script from editing for the Refrain Subs group, I wind up forming a more solid analysis of each episode.

A lot of the recent walls of text aren't even pertaining to the episode, but to the series in general, anyway. I haven't seen anyone come out and rush to post an analysis of the episode on the first page or anything.
Nov 5, 2013 11:27 PM
Jul 2013
Vladz0r said:
Well, not everyone decides "Oh, I want to analyze the entire episode."

Some people will comment on the execution of a scene that stuck out as exceptional or poor. Then someone might see that and take a look at multiple scenes and how they were done and offer their opinion on it, and ass the post count escalates, the ideas vary, and some people (like myself) may wind up giving an entire elaboration of how they thought the episode was.

On my first watch, I usually have little to say about the show, but through Skype chat about ideas, reading several pages of MAL posts, going on /a/, and running multiple runs through the anime script from editing for the Refrain Subs group, I wind up forming a more solid analysis of each episode.

A lot of the recent walls of text aren't even pertaining to the episode, but to the series in general, anyway. I haven't seen anyone come out and rush to post an analysis of the episode on the first page or anything.

Well, unfortunately, I was talking about you mainly. haha since when I came across this thread, I saw your LONG explanation about the episode haha
may I ask, if that is your job or something like that? since if it is, then it is quite reasonable for you to do so but if not, hmm, don't know haha

Man! Even I am surprise at how people are so keen about the animation and those kind of things. I don't really care about the animation as long as it is still bearable, what is important to me is how they deliver the story. Isn't that how you should enjoy anime? By analyzing whether the animation looks good or not takes away that thrill of watching animes. It may be ok with storylines but animation, hmm, not ok.

In any case, I was just bothered by people talking about animation that animation this. So yeah, that is all there is to it.

But man, I wish Kurugaya was the one Riki chose haha
Nov 5, 2013 11:44 PM

Sep 2012
Mmmm. Editing is part of what I'm doing right now, so I wind up having a firmer grasp of what's happening in each episode. I can almost play back the contents of the episode in my head for each episode of the season at this point.

I agree, execution > animation quality for me. You can skillfully utilize still images and a show can come out fine. More budget is what we've been hoping for, and there are some scenes like in next episode, and episodes 8-13 that are going to NEED high quality animation, or the scenes will not be engaging or interesting to watch. If they had season 1 budget for those scenes, they would be laughably bad, basically. The issue comes with when a scene is glaringly bad and looks awkward. I don't think LB has had that problem so often, so I'd say we've reached the threshold where the animation can keep up with the storytelling, rather than bring down the quality of the show.

I mean, eps 4-5 weren't bad because they had bad animation, but some parts might have been more enjoyable if there was better animation. The content of Rin's route up until now is important for development, but not the core of the series Episode 6 will likely look pretty good, seeing as how JC Staff's top lineup for screenplay and episode directors will be working on the episode.

Hope you enjoy another wall of text by me^
Nov 7, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2011
It was 10/10 episode and then... Komari just popped up. There goes serious episode, moar drama!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 7, 2013 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
MasterMeNL said:
It was 10/10 episode and then... Komari just popped up. There goes serious episode, moar drama!

If only you understood Komari's implications.,,
Well I guess Komari's tears weren't serious enough for you, or maybe your best friend cheering you on wasn't right to incude in the anime. http://puu.sh/5bwvs.jpg

Protip: She's not crying because she's overreacting. She's crying for a different reason. Think about it over the next several episodes.
Vladz0rNov 7, 2013 11:49 AM
Nov 12, 2013 3:34 PM

Aug 2011
Very happy for Riki and Rin but I guess Kurugaya is taking a long break now? I hope not ;_;
Nov 14, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2009
they look cute together as a couple but I'm not a fan of this pairing :/
I'm still disappointed that Kurugaya's gone.. and then now, another 3 characters are gone :"(
What's happening? I don't understand this anymore..
Dec 8, 2013 8:14 PM

Jan 2009
No real confession... :(
Dec 25, 2013 3:37 PM
Sep 2013
Interesting episode. Rin and Riki are now together.
But what happens to little busters (other girls)
It looks like it breaks ._.
Jan 6, 2014 6:44 AM

Oct 2012
Arrrgh.. The LB's members are disappearing one by one??
Or what is it? This mystery is too confusing @_@
"Signature removed"
Jan 10, 2014 12:01 AM

Aug 2013
Ahh finally get what's going on with all the little buster members, and damn, I like how Rin confessed with a straight face but gets embarrassed afterwards with the teasing.
Apr 6, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2012
Sweet they're dating now! Let's see what happens next!
Apr 16, 2014 6:17 AM

Aug 2013
If every girl is as direct as Rin, the anime world would be heaps better XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 3, 2014 8:13 AM

Jul 2010
Why do I fel that this is gonna get sadder?!
Th girl leaving....
May 31, 2014 11:00 PM

Feb 2013
YAY!!! I love Rin, so happy....although I felt bad for Kurugaya's arc being so short....like what....2 episodes?

Also....what the fuck is going on now?? There was no Kurugaya, and it looks like the other girls leave....what the hell????
Aug 30, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
Seeing the members of the Little Busters disappearing one by one makes it soo mysterious. Rin and Riki looks soo cute together~! <33
Sep 24, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
Well, this was a loaded episode. But something shocked me : is it me or the characters are... disappearing? Just like in the book Komari drew... I feel like Kyousuke go back in time to achieve some kind of scenario, hence the incoherent memory Riki have. Damn, I feel so lonely now that they aren't there.
I remember that scene of Kengo beating Kyousuke as a teaser at the end of the first season. Maybe all the group is exempted of the disappearing. Kengo learning the truth will make him go mad or something else. Maybe I'm totally wrong.

Rin is plain bold and innocent. Such a sweet mix. ''Should you and I go out?'', simple as that.
Riki not giving a fuck about the declaration. Poor girl, didn't she checked first if she was a main in the cast?

All this is happened ''too soon'', there's gonna be something huge behind that ''secret world'', something shocking. I hope.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.