Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2013 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wise words at the end there and damn, I feel the feels in the first half of this chapter.
Oct 1, 2013 10:53 AM

Feb 2008
yeah yeah cry cry tear tear....all of this is just delaying tactics. perhaps the plot will have advanced a little in five months.
Oct 1, 2013 1:33 PM

Jun 2009
Delaying tactics indeed... Claymore has been having the Bleach feel to it for quite some time with all these endless fights. Still I remember the time when there was actually something to talk about. I miss those days.

This chapter was a little better than the last few though. Clarice is gone and hopefully the story can go back to Clare now.
I also hope that this won't end with Clare having to go over her limit to kill Priss. Everybody has been awakening lately and it's getting really lame. I wish for some Teresa kind of action now XD
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Oct 1, 2013 4:46 PM

Jan 2009
glasses boy survive lol and Raki is heading towards Priscilla is he gonna be eaten alive?
Oct 1, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2008
I would have rather had this analysis given by Maria or someone else or Priscilla herself. I just want that Half Faced Old Man to die already, Him alone just die god dammit. You are cut in half, now don't spout shit like oh I experimented stuff of me too, fuck off and die.

Yay Raki is coming in to play soon.

Also with what the Glasses Old Man said, I wonder if he will be able to contact Mainland? for more plot or no.
Oct 1, 2013 10:29 PM

Jun 2011
wow.. now we know why didn't priscilla kill clare that day (!)
and she's eating him while he's talking lol..
Cassandra pwning the awakends xD
5/5
Oct 1, 2013 11:36 PM

Dec 2008
Damn, there is not even 1/3 of Dae body left and he still continues to creep me out, that dude has some serious issues if being eaten was his desire...
BTW - Was that Raki who passed Rubel to head for Pris?
New profile design sucks.
Oct 2, 2013 1:17 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Clarice saved the lives of many by her final unselfish act. The sealing of Miata's memory of her is a very clever way to keep her stable.

Interesting words from Dae and could be a foretelling of how Priscilla will die. The other battle has dragged too long now and I hope they wrap it up soon.

I get a feeling Raki will be I sporran again in the next couple of chapters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 2, 2013 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
And now I'm starting to like Scarface too...well, what's left of him.

Lars is dead, so only Chronos is left from the male warriors, that's a shame.
Oct 2, 2013 3:18 AM

Sep 2007
Oh man ...
For Miata and Clarisse ... :'(
Oct 2, 2013 8:21 AM

Jun 2013
Even though I don´t like claymore that much atm... this month chapter I quite liked the ending.
I really wonder if this series is going to end soon or if he somehow tries to keep the story going outside the island. At first I really liked the idea of claymore continuing, but it seems like the big showdown and the end should come soon.
Oct 2, 2013 11:21 AM

Jan 2011
Miata...

so this is like a kind of foreshadowing, Priscilla had this restriction and allowed Clare to be alive many years ago so she can be killed by her in the future
Oct 2, 2013 7:50 PM

May 2009
j0x said:
glasses boy survive lol and Raki is heading towards Priscilla is he gonna be eaten alive?

You werent paying attention. Dae said Priscilla cant see little girls.

http://claudiabette.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ba-dum-tssshhh.jpg

Joke aside, chapter was meh, the first half could have easily be cramped in the last chapter, basically nothing happaned with Claire and fuck Rubel for teasing with the mainland were most likely never gonna see.
CrochaxOct 3, 2013 12:03 AM
Oct 2, 2013 10:36 PM

Mar 2012
OK, so now, Warriors possess the ability to erase memories. Before that they could "fly". Is there nothing they can't do?

Gah! Yagi! Half of me is glad that you're explaining things but the other half is a little disappointed at the explanation.
I feel like the "viewed as no more than a pebble on the road" explanation has more impact on Clare's fortunate survival than the "I cannot self terminate" explanation.

Karharot said:
Damn, there is not even 1/3 of Dae body left and he still continues to creep me out, that dude has some serious issues if being eaten was his desire...
BTW - Was that Raki who passed Rubel to head for Pris?

Seriously. I wonder how he's still managing to talk let alone breathe?
I think that's Raki too. Maybe we'll find out next chapter.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Oct 4, 2013 3:15 AM
Jul 2011
Catching up with this series again, Clarice death has been quite something. Haven't felt that way since...Teresa.

Dae just chilling on the ground with half his body being eaten, just digging deep into Prisicalla psyche, trolling, like it's no big deal. Sad it took his death before he became an interesting bastard.

Rubel most likely saved by Raki.
Oct 4, 2013 7:43 AM

Jul 2008
The things Clarice done for Miata :( Looks like Octavia and Chronos will die soon too which is sad :( Guess that curse won't matter to Priscilla now that Clare is all grown up.
Oct 10, 2013 7:14 PM

Mar 2013
He isn't drawing out the plot in this one, it was to tie up lose ends before it begins to end. I don't see this going much farther, I mean we all know what is most likely going to happen when Raki gets to her.

The only real question is what about Cassandra, how is she going to die, at the moment it only looks like Priscilla can kill her. The only thing I can think of, to have this end good for them, is that Priscilla becomes her normal self again and the remaining awakened being team up on her, or she becomes the first "controllable awakened being" and kills everything.
Oct 15, 2013 12:49 PM

Nov 2007
Major_Awesome said:
or she becomes the first "controllable awakened being" and kills everything.

I think that 4 arms awakened from early chapters was the first, but no awakened is uncontrollable their just like us you just have to motivate them to do something
Oct 23, 2013 6:56 PM

Sep 2012
Okay, Clarice wiped the memories of Miata... how?
Still, the second half was pretty interesting.
Oct 26, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2013
Litrydow said:
Okay, Clarice wiped the memories of Miata... how?

This is probably only possible with soul link.
Nov 4, 2013 2:52 PM

Dec 2010
Some interesting revelation is coming once again in the end of the chapter. I hope it's not gonna be a lame one.
Dec 30, 2013 5:53 PM

Jun 2013
Oioioioioi..O.o..Clarice you Whaat?

Daamn...I seriously liked the First part of the Chapter...As Warrior Clarice's Legend between all who witnesses what happened, will Never Ever Die.. huh?...Why Am I crying?

Aww..Miata..Even if you don't remember Her..Your Feelings towards her Can not be Erased. ;) You will meet her In Heaven...when you die old lady in your Bed..
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Aug 17, 2014 1:49 PM

Mar 2008
so sad :/

but soo good!
Aug 30, 2014 5:42 PM

Sep 2011
I had always wandered why Pris-the-bitch didn't bother killing Clare that day. And strangely enough, this issue was not wandered & discussed enough in previous discussion threads by claymore followers.. I mean, the fact that Priscilla skipped killing Clare right after she killed Teresa and the others (except Irene) was never questioned as a major topic..

But i'm glad that now everything actually makes sense. Both the chapter and this revealing were awesome.. Tension is at its climax now!!! CAN'T WAITTT >.<
Feb 25, 2016 5:46 AM

Dec 2012
Argh, Clarice that was so heart wrenching. Especially got me when Miata asked why she was crying. I have to say though, Daae and Priscilla's discussion is really interesting. The idea that she could no longer see little girls helps to shed light on why she completely ignored Clare back when she first awakened. That was literally one of the most chilling moments from the anime so bringing that to light was much appreciated.
Mar 31, 2016 3:50 PM
Mar 2016
This chapter lead me from deep sadness to being prideful of Clarice sacrifice, erasing herself from her loved Miata memory to keep everyone and Miata herself safe was noble and indeed a true legend, definitly one of my fav characters in this series, but damn, even if Miata can't remember Clarice, her love for her is strong enough to actually make her cry for her loss even if she don't know why, that was touching. I found damn funny Dae still alive, just relaxing in the ground...with 1/3 of the body...and talking normaly with the person that is eating him alive..LOL the guy a funny asshole, toying with Priscilla mind is not a walk in the park but glad he's dying, hate these bastards, got surprised by this, i never hated Priscilla, i liked she was willing to have a fair fight with Teresa, unfortunaly since she was a child and had a unstable mental state i guess she could only see "Black and white" or in other words, Justice and Evil, which is why loosing to the "evil" Teresa while she(Priscila) was suposed to be the "heroine" fighting for justice was a big blow to her, surprised me her justice sense made her restric herself.
Sep 18, 2016 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
And so the reason why Priscilla didn't kill Claire is explained.
Apr 2, 2017 1:09 PM

May 2014
Getting close to the end... I think MAL has more chapters listed than there actually are? I have two volumes left, probably 12-13 chapters...
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sep 11, 2017 4:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Priscilla is hungry!!! kekeke
Oct 11, 2021 5:01 PM

Jan 2020
To think Clarice has the ability to alter someone's memory, it's quite a wonder why she keep quite about it for all this time....
Jan 5, 2022 3:22 PM

Sep 2014
Inb4 Miata kills Priscilla because she cant see her. As if that would ever happen.

Insane chapter again, extra broken heart in the beginning and big reveal from Experimentation Islands Dr. Freud.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 7, 2022 6:13 AM

Nov 2020
Damn the start of this chapter was truly amazing and emotional!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Mar 23, 2023 12:59 AM
Nov 2016
This chapter was pretty good and emotional actually, I liked it.

So that's why Priscilla didn't kill the young Clare, she could not see her, the human Priscilla locked that part of the brain to not be able to see little girls so they could survive longer and thus, become Claymores and eventually get strong enough to kill Priscilla, pretty good.
Nov 21, 2023 1:47 AM

Nov 2020
Clarisse my goat !!! We will never forget you !

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.