Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 28, 2013 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, the despair continues.

I guess they did go for a climax in a finale battle. About damn time. Predictable ending..I kinda saw that fight coming. At least they played the OP song which was kinda catchy.
Sep 28, 2013 8:49 AM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
I guess they did go for a climax in a finale battle. About damn time. Predictable ending..I kinda saw that fight coming. At least they played the OP song which was kinda catchy.

It's a great OP song to begin with, so despite seeing (hearing?) it coming a mile away, when it started playing it still got me pumped knowing Akari was about to wreck his shit.

Waiting for subs, because from my limited moon I understood him to be either Akari's father or someone who was particulary smitten with her mom, Hinata. If it was the former and he wanted to bang his daughter ... uhh. Yeah. Good on you for snuffing out your perv of a dad, Akari.

Not the best show but I had a great time watching it this season nevertheless. Good fun. Put the Madoka accusations to rest. Will watch again someday. Yay!
Sep 28, 2013 10:01 AM

May 2012
Ugh...I really hope a second season happens...

There's so much more they can do with this, and it really IS like a new beginning
Sep 28, 2013 10:01 AM

Dec 2011
A lot of stuff left unexplained. Like who that guy who controlled the raven/the cat and met with Cerebrum really was. Or why those two had been sealed.

Even Cerebrum's identity is only hinted at.

Then again, at least they explained Ginka's return (and, vaguely, what Cerebrum was really after/why he wanted Akari so much), so it doesn't crash because of that. But I want to know more. Which means I want a second season. There's so much potential for more as well.

There's all those foreign groups, and we know they had all the cards yet only saw a few of them.

It was enjoyable enough, too.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 28, 2013 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
That was an alright ending, that final battle was pretty good with the OP playing the background, and Akari finally got to understand Fuyuna's feelings, I don't see anything bad to point out. Now all the girls are planning to go overseas, I hope they enjoy themselves. This show wasn't amazing, but I didn't find it to be terrible either, it was an enjoyable watch, and I think I may be the one of the few to not consider it a Madoka rip-off. I give it a 7/10
Sep 28, 2013 10:33 AM

Dec 2008
Don't know why but I wished that Cerebrum win or at least survived :P.
Sep 28, 2013 10:48 AM
Apr 2013
I think it had its fair share of things that seperate it from Madoka and it was decent. I just wish the design was better and the scrip coulda used some improvement but i still ultimately enjoyed it. 7/10 is fair i think
Sep 28, 2013 11:08 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Too many Akari battle cries in this episode...and since I love the OP so much I'm glad they featured it during the episode, probably the highlight for me. Although it was predictable that Akari would be able to get out of that despair loop, I liked how she and Fuyuna didn't really come to an understanding but instead accepted what they had to do, or how things became the way it did. The rest of the episode had too much hope vs despair (darkness), which reminded me of another anime that ended this week. Hm overall it was an okay watch, there were similarities between this and Madoka, but I don't really care because I didn't actually enjoy Madoka that much, it's just at least it had more themes to think about and the script was better. And yeah there few unexplained things too as someone else mentioned like the person the crow was talking to. And Ginka surviving was kind of not too convincing for me.
Sep 28, 2013 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
It was an alright series, but I have to agree with the above. the series does have the potential to become a great series but they aren't using it fully.

Lots of friendship building in this series so I enjoy this. I'm giving this a rating of 8/10
Sep 28, 2013 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Final episode was good, I enjoyed the battle between Akari and her friends versing Cerebrum. Well at least Akari's fine when the seal broke and Fuyuna giving out the truth on how she feels about Akari.

Well I like the dark atmosphere of the show, the action scenes were also great, the op was catchy, and a decent ending. Though some episodes were predictable, and stuff were left unexplained like how did Ginka survived. I'll give this a 7/10, a decent anime overall.

Sep 28, 2013 11:41 AM
Sep 2011
Also, the politician that Cerebrum was working for, and the nature of their dealings together was never explained.

I thought it was weird how Fuyuna's attitude toward Akari turned into outright hostility and that Akari expresses there are things she doesn't like about Fuyuna. It just seemed so... out of the left field that these two, who seemed to get along so well, had such darkness inside them. But whatever.

The whole thing with Ginka made absolutely no sense. After both sides got impaled with each other's weapons, she and her double ended up in some weird dimension where they continued to fight, and then Akari's voice inspired Ginka to impale her other self yet again (without any damage to herself) and this time absorb her.

So basically the idea that destroying your counter-part card destroys you gets completely thrown out the window with little explanation. Not good.

All in all the ending didn't really feel like a grand conclusion that wraps up the entire story, more like a season finale.

I hung onto hope that I would like this show. From the first episode I was reasonably satisfied, but as time went on, too little of the plot was explained and even now in the end nothing happened. I'm just glad there isn't a single character I dislike, Cerebrum coming closest but he's the villain so.. The first half was definitely better than the second.

I wish we could have seen more of the Tendou sisters. From what the official sources say they're homunculi. Seems like a weird detail to throw in without any mention within the show itself or how and why something like that would exist. We never see them really do anything besides act as support.
Sep 28, 2013 11:47 AM

Dec 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
A lot of stuff left unexplained. Like who that guy who controlled the raven/the cat and met with Cerebrum really was. Or why those two had been sealed.

Even Cerebrum's identity is only hinted at.

Then again, at least they explained Ginka's return (and, vaguely, what Cerebrum was really after/why he wanted Akari so much), so it doesn't crash because of that. But I want to know more. Which means I want a second season. There's so much potential for more as well.

There's all those foreign groups, and we know they had all the cards yet only saw a few of them.

It was enjoyable enough, too.

Maybe the identity of this guy will be explained and revealed in the episode 14 (that will be released on Dec 25 2013). We have to wait and see.

Overall a decent serie, 6/10.
Sep 28, 2013 11:48 AM

Jan 2011
tingy said:
Too many Akari battle cries in this episode...

Dear God yes. Glad I'm not the only one this bothered.

This is not Madoka nor was it trying to be it or surpass it. Honestly, after the first few episodes it wasn't fair to compare it to Madoka anymore. Madoka is deep emotionally and cerebral. This show tries so hard to make it seem like it is more despair (word of the week it seems) than it really is. Just leave it at that.

I liked this a lot when it first started but it slowly and steadily deteriorated. Not bad but no where near good. It was fine, 6/10.
Sep 28, 2013 11:54 AM

Jan 2010
Overall 2/10. Was never good even at the ending. Probably the worst anime of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 12:19 PM

Feb 2013
Liked this ending
Sep 28, 2013 12:25 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was a pretty nice conclusion I must admit.

Quite a lot of feels here and there. And the action was great ^^
Esp with the Fuyuna parts.

Akari was BA at the end and Dat hair XD

Well all in all pretty enjoyable series 7.5/10
Sep 28, 2013 12:39 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was actually surprisingly well paced and satisfying, the brief sword fight with Cerebrum was probably my favorite scene. The closure that Akari got on Fuyuna was good too. Looks like I was right about the mating deal, I don't know why people kept assuming he just wanted to rape her. The ending remains open ended, which means a second season is entirely plausible story wise. I think they were hinting at Cerebrum being Akari's father, since he saw her mom right before he died. His expression seemed like a bittersweet "I miss you" look.

Overall this series was alright. Tried to be too dark and edgy at times and the pace/execution was awkward, but it had its good moments where it shined like the sun (ba-dum-tsh). This episode bumped it up from a 5.5 to a 6/10 for me.
Sep 28, 2013 12:44 PM

Apr 2012
This anime wasn't good in my opinion. I thought it was more with cool action but in the end every episode itself was a drama, I didn't expect that and it wasn't an interesting one. 2/10
Sep 28, 2013 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
Nothing special
Sep 28, 2013 12:51 PM

Nov 2011
Not the most innovative but I enjoyed the style and I thought the music was terrific. This definitely has growth potential if they continue on with it.
Sep 28, 2013 1:23 PM

Jun 2011
I actually enjoyed the ending of this anime, I felt it really had some good closure as well. Of course, its not the best anime of this season, but I definitely would've call it the worse. Overall 8/10 since I loved the ending.
Sep 28, 2013 1:27 PM

Mar 2008
Wait he pictured Akaris mom when he complained about humans? So was he her dad just out with a grudge against her mom and hated all humanity because she hurt him? Makes me wonder what her mom really was like xD
Sep 28, 2013 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
Ah an open-ending. The OST is amazing as it is (and even bought the track from the trailer... Crazy enough, but that's oneo f my favorites).

Magical girl feels.. So Akari's deal with Cerebrum gave her last bits of the "Sun" to save her friends, which for some reason had hit the missing Ginka as well. You know I still predict that she is still around, and she still is. I think why Ginka did not really die when she finally strikes her Counterpart is because Akari's words probably have shift the rules a bit... Ahh this is confusing. I wish there's a guidebook about it. :S At least Ginka learns about her Counterpart, which is why she had found it's weak spot I guess.

Cerebrum might have lived way long enough to affect the curse on Hinata's husband, which was probably part of his plan in the first place... And then wanting to break Akari to her despairing monstrous state... Well.. That's just the basics.

Then again, since Cerebrum can shape-shift, it would be no surprise if he role plays the hansome Daemonia researcher just to get close to Hinata... Man the Taiyou ladies are cursed.

What tear me up is the real moment with Fuunya. Once you get to see Akari's dead face, you can not help but noticing her and wanting to talk to her... Rare opportunity for her, finally got the Sun girl the chance. (And I guess Hanae and Fuunya are my favorite victim-support charas.)

And... Did I hear about the "Sun" having it's counterpart? IDK.. I almost killed my brain that Cerebrum was Akari's counterpart.. Guuhh why my brain...

Now that's over.. Either Epi. 14 speciall will spill the remaining details... Or that the spin-off material Genei-Taiyou is giving will answer things. Not sure how to rate it. I just... Liked it. Magical girl feels, gothic-intense battles, and even teh OST (and OP song) was used properly... So I'm good.

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Sep 28, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
No emotional reunite with Pops? For shame.
3/10 because Makai Ouji was still worse.
Sep 28, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
Oh, Etia and Ariel's persona or whatever that they summoned looked really badass and intimidating as hell. Pretty much what I'd picture an incarnation of Judgement to look like.

I'm mostly convinced that this was intended to be a two cour show and much of it got tossed out to squeeze it into one (e.g. that politician that Cerebrum worked with seemed to be a key character spanning several episodes, but his story arc ended abruptly with absolutely no resolution).

There's a manga that launched simultaneously with the show (serialized on Gangan Online and in paperback) and it clearly goes places the show didn't while roughly following the same events. So most stuff hastily chopped from the show is likely elaborated on there. Only the first chapter is currently translated on the usual sites so far.
ParpySep 28, 2013 3:22 PM
Sep 28, 2013 3:27 PM

Dec 2011
Wow, that was a great ending for me. I loved the music during the middle of the episode, it was so intense. And it ended up different from Puella, so I give it props for originality.

I think out of the four of them, Ginka is my favourite. I always thought Seira would be but when Ginka came back last episode, I felt like she was really powerful and cool. But Etia and Ariel are seriously powerful together, I loved how they saved Akari.

And damn, that fight scene with Cerebrum and Akari was so cool~ I loved the art in this episode! Is it weird that I kind of ship Cerebrum x Akari? I mean I don't really, but if Cerebrum wasn't an evil and psychotic Daemonia, but if he actually had a heart then I would.

I would have liked to see them a bit older though because I think it would be more fitting. If there was a second season, I would watch it. The ending was a pure 10/10 for me, but the anime is probably a 7/10 but extremely close to an 8.
Sep 28, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2013
Hmmmm the 5th anime that i ended today :( this Feel, this is the last Summer anime that I've finish

This anime wasn't so great it was sometimes boring and sometimes awesome

But the last episode made a +1 for the rating i like the fight and the Monologue :D

Woah my Currently watching dropped from 25 to 9 in a single week :D its normal because its the end of the summer. Only To aru kagaku Railgun and its time for Fall season :D
Sep 28, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2012
An OK ending. I mostly liked this show but it didn't wrap up enough plot threads for my taste. 7/10.
Sep 28, 2013 5:05 PM

May 2013
This was a good series.
Sep 28, 2013 5:24 PM
Feb 2013
Akari's awaken/Sun voice is badass.

It's was Ok. Overall fine series.
6/10
Sep 28, 2013 6:24 PM

Mar 2012
Overall, this was an average series. It would have been pretty good if it just would've been consistent from start to finish. Overall, it just felt like a little bit too much of a Madoka Magica rip-off. It was nice that it had similarities but it felt like it went to the well a few times too often.

There were some plot points I didn't think were explained very well. If the series didn't try and get so overly ambitious, I would have thought it would've been great.

6/10
Sep 28, 2013 6:36 PM
Jul 2012
ok, unification cards or not, the whole thing with the counter cards is when you fight and even if you win against your anti-card, you still disappear (like ginka did, she won an then vanished if i remember right)

so why didnt akari disappear as well (aside from being the MC..) if that guy had her anti-card an defeated him? wouldnt mean she was gone for good, just like ginka would still be fighting an would have to somehow defeat the anti-card spirit thing again after all her friend cry out to her etc etc, just seems like they skipped steps there an cut corners for convenience...
Sep 28, 2013 6:56 PM

May 2013
Potential. This anime had it. They could have taken it in so many directions. Maybe further explore the organization and how corrupt it is or keep Akari's split personality when she used her card to hint at her daemonia side or show more Daemonia with free will and forget about counterpart cards. Ginka coming back was stupid and predictable honestly. The only things I liked in this anime was Seira and her powers, character designs, the Schrodinger's cat reference, and how it tried to explore the morality of killing Daemonia. 5/10.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 28, 2013 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
A few details left unexplained and a few things got resolved too sudden and too fast (i.e. Fuyuna and Akari's problem)

I really wanted to know who Cerebrum is. Based on the fact that he saw Hinata's face at the end...I'm thinking he could be Akari's father, daemonia version. Which would be weird cause I kinda ship Cerebrum x Akari >>

And who was that politician? I mean if they weren't going to resolve anything about him in the end, might as well have just left him out of the story altogether. He didn't exactly add anything.

And yes, too many battle cries from Akari xD

I would've liked this more if they wrapped it up better.
Sep 28, 2013 8:44 PM
Aug 2011
Thank the skies! This has finally ended.

Lots of nakama power in this episode but as much as I am a fan of that, it's just not doing anything for me here.

Way too much endless Fuyuna drama llama and lots of other things that are hard to care for, like the baddies which were one dimensional at best.
One of those series where I wouldn't have missed out on anything had I not watched it.

Ciara said:
No emotional reunite with Pops? For shame.

Then Ginka said something like "I've only come back for you (or because of you) Akari", all the while i'm thinking what about your pops?! He was the most supportive person in the whole show...

standSep 28, 2013 8:51 PM
Sep 28, 2013 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
I thought it was a pretty good series. The start really caught my attention. Part of me wanted a dark ending where evil triumphed XD, though that would probably make a lot more people hate the series.

I was afraid that they wouldn't play the OP song during this episode. I love listening to it.
Sep 28, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2011
Nice OP insert in the final battle. I guess that blue haired guy was Akari's father?
[center]
Sep 28, 2013 10:32 PM

Feb 2013
Well that ends that, it was an OK ending. Tons of things left unanswered as well...
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Sep 28, 2013 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
Show kept me watching, and I really liked the concept, but the copious amounts of unexplained fast-forwards in plot and deus ex machina resolutions really hurt this anime.
Cerebrum was Hinata's lover. What a plot twist. The mom appears to both the father and the daughter, but only helps the daughter win. This confuses me.
Sep 29, 2013 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
Mehh all around. I wanted to like it. This anime had it's moments, but it just wasn't interesting.
6/10
Sep 29, 2013 2:42 AM

Apr 2009
"Light and shadow... Humans are those who possess both."

For all its heavy-handed attempts to be different, shocking and "edgy"... this show decided to end with a traditional last boss battle along with some usual "power of friendship" mixed in. Very straightforward and simple. Very by-the-book type of ending. I disliked the amount of shouting Akari did after she... apparently powered up to defeat the big bad boss by herself. Well, at least they all ended up happy.

Not amused that I may have hit the jackpot about Cerebrum apparently being Akari's father. Attempting to impregnate his own daughter is something obviously very disturbing. Also not satisfied by the half-assed explanation for Ginka coming back to life; maybe I'll just pretend she never died in the first place and went on vacation or something.

There are some untied ends, too: Public opinion is still against them, so how are they able to rebuild in broad daylight so soon? Their leaders just declared last episode that they were rebelling against the Illuminati-like Leguzario controlling them, and nothing came of it in the finale, to name a few.

For the record, I never joined the "this is a Madoka rip-off!!" crowd - noisy people who mostly ended up dropping the show anyway. I tried to enjoy this anime, and I did somewhere near the middle. This show had its merits, but also had its glaring flaws.

Overall a mixed bag for me.
Sep 29, 2013 2:44 AM
Feb 2012
The ending made a poorly done show even worse. Who would've guessed?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 29, 2013 7:09 AM

May 2012
Can someone say cheesy? This whole episode was so cheesy, I will never subject myself to crappy series like this again. This show should be sponsored by Craft and it should be put on PBS. This show is the definition of something that tries to act like it has a deeper message but in reality it doesn't. Anyways I could go on for a long time but I won't instead I'll go and watch series that actually sticks to the continuity of its universe.
Sep 29, 2013 7:40 AM

Jun 2013
It was alright, the only thing I liked was the action scenes, the opening and maybe cerebrum(Idk, I kinda have a thing for guys with blue hair and psychotic characters :D)
6/10
Sep 29, 2013 8:45 AM

Mar 2012
a shame so many people hate this. I enjoyed it, it's not as good as Madoka but at least we got a happy ending. 8/10
Sep 29, 2013 10:04 AM

Jan 2011
Ginka return didnt make sense, it d have been better for me if she had stayed dead but like in most anime they have to made a comeback for the final battle
ill admit the thing i liked the most about this anime was its looks, the character designs were very cool an i liked the music as well, the rest was meh
ill give it a 6/10 instead of the 5 i think it deserves
Sep 29, 2013 10:09 AM

Mar 2012
I`m a big fan of Madoka magica but this series is disappointing.
What is AIC thinking? i hope Shaft will Sue AIC for this.
The character designs looks like 7 year old appearance like and CLAMP-like design.

How i describe the characters
Akari = Slut
Seira = Bitch and unlikable
Luna = Useless and Mugi ripped-off
Ginka = Lolicon bait and Armpit-fetish bait
Cerebrum = my favorite villain

Good
+ OP and ED theme song
+ Action and fight scene
+ Edgy
+ Magic
+ Character development
+ Cerebrum is the only character i like

Bad
- Try too hard
- Too much Despair
- CLAMP style ripped-off design
- Using materials from Madoka Magica
- Hurrr Durrr where in despair! what should i do? i better start crying UWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Plot holes everywhere
- Daybreak Illusion H-doujins results : Zero
- http://i.imgur.com/WqcxqQu.jpg?1

Overall score : 5/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 29, 2013 10:19 AM

Jan 2011
Sep 29, 2013 10:25 AM

Jun 2011
So many unexplained stuff. Good OP though.

Think im one of the few that loves the art as it fits in the show.

Pretty average anime.
Sep 29, 2013 11:45 AM

Sep 2009
that was nice. a predictable ending.
But I want to know more about Cerebrum.. I wonder if maybe he's the father of Akari? :D
Also, I wonder why Visconti and Westcott aren't allowed to use their powers..

7/10.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

65 by BadMeme »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

83 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

54 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.