3It was OK
2.8%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.8
145 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2013 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, a storm if brewing~

Nice to see Kaisei again I suppose, same with Benten although I don't really trust her. I'm glad Yasaburou is able to stand for himself despite being labeled a loser though like with his other family member. Decent episode and ahh, I've been listening to the ED song of this show. It's one of my favorites now.
Stark700Sep 8, 2013 8:40 AM
Sep 8, 2013 8:31 AM

Jun 2012
Damn you Soun Ebisugawa

Interesting to learn that him and Soichiro were in a love triangle with Mamanuki. We obviously know who won. That plus Soun losing the Nise-emon election would make anyone bitter

I'm assuming they're saving Benten's reveal near the very end. She's the last piece of the puzzle. If her episode is emotion inducing as FrogBro's, the tears will be nonstop and then some
HybridMBLSep 8, 2013 8:41 AM
Sep 8, 2013 8:33 AM
Dec 2012
Wow What revelations! Soun is such a scheming guy. I find it interesting Soun didn't seem scared of her. His grudge against Soichiro was deep-seated. Didn't imagine Benten was involved in the conspiracy that way. Kinda shocking. I wonder what Yasaburo thinks of Benten now.

Shimogamo family is in danger. What is Yasaburo going to do? Will Yajiro get out of the well to save them? Looking forward to next episode.

I have been impressed at voice acting of Yashiro throughout the entire series. I can't believe the VA is 32. Yashiro really sounds like a little boy. Well done.
Sep 8, 2013 8:39 AM

Aug 2008
Finally we get to know how their father got captured. Without a doubt this series is one of biggest surprises of season. There is still big question about Bentei motives or reasons for joining Friday Fellows.

I have feeling the one who will end as nabe ingredient will be Souun.
Sep 8, 2013 8:41 AM
Dec 2010
What a fantastic episode! These episodes are so well-done, they move so fast! I was hoping to see Yasaburo escaping somehow, but his ability to transform I guess isn't as incredible as I was hoping :/

Yajiro, get out of that well and save your family!!

I'm actually very interested in knowing why exactly Benten joined the Friday Fellows, for what purpose would this serve?
Sep 8, 2013 8:49 AM

May 2013
This is getting good. Gotta wait next week to see what happens next.
Sep 8, 2013 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
This was an interetsing episode, I'm not that surprised that Soun was involved with Soichiro's death, but now I'm curious at why Benten joined that Friday Fellows, I have a feeling her reason may relate to her sadness that she currently has whenever she looks at the moon. And Yaijiro really need to get out of that well, things are already going bad, he has to do something.
Sep 8, 2013 8:59 AM

Aug 2009
Ebisugawa is a dick, but well, that was obvious it was his fault. Looking forward to next week.
Fire Emblem Heroes - 9261576256
Sep 8, 2013 9:04 AM

Sep 2009
Arghh. Such a plot twist is to cliché for this type of story. I hope we would get smth more interesting in last eps
Sep 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Aug 2010
Another nice ep :)

Seems like the climax has began, let's see how this goes ^^
Sep 8, 2013 9:33 AM

Jan 2011
Damn those Ebisugawas. Somebody do something! I had a feeling the reason they pointed out twice that the father couldn't keep his transform around Benten was because she was responsible for his death.
[center]
Sep 8, 2013 9:42 AM
Dec 2012
and then Benten is Evil. I really hate myself for liking her
Sep 8, 2013 9:50 AM

Sep 2009
Ugh :'( So that's the reason why Kaisei said "I'm sorry." She actually saw what truly happened. And I noticed that everyone's talking more about Benten :/
Actually, I don't really care about her and I really really really hate her.. since the first time I saw her. I hate her eyes and the way she smile..
Omg.. Yasaburo!!
Sep 8, 2013 10:33 AM

Jul 2009
I want to see Soun in nabe! Damn this anime pulls me in every single episode! How am i going to wait another week! Damn u P.A.!

Besides i had a faint feeling that Benten was actually good but she is in the bottom of the evil pit...
Sep 8, 2013 10:37 AM
Oct 2012
nightmare1026 said:
What a fantastic episode! These episodes are so well-done, they move so fast! I was hoping to see Yasaburo escaping somehow, but his ability to transform I guess isn't as incredible as I was hoping :/

The escape will be next episode. Yasaburo had put a seal on his true ability to transform because the last time he did it ended up causing his sensei to hurt himself and he has felt guilt since then (this was explained in the first episode). Soun is about to have a very nasty lesson about why not to piss Yasaburo off (as he should have learned from the fireworks episode). The remaining question is what the real story about Benten is, we have the story from Kaisei's pov, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is the absolute truth.
Sep 8, 2013 10:49 AM

Aug 2008
Only 3 episodes left, whatever may be Benten's reason or past, I don't think it would succeed making me on her side.

I wonder how Yasaburo will escape? Transforming into something? Or maybe sensei will help him? Well, if it's Benten, then I don't care.
Sep 8, 2013 11:04 AM
Oct 2011
damn so exciting I can´t wait for a whole week I want to continue now xD
I wonder what Yasaburo is gonna do :)
Sep 8, 2013 11:12 AM

Oct 2012
ARGHHH.....I HATE THAT STUPID UNCLE. And the brothers too. Man, now I can see why Benten and Kaisei are always feeling so guilty...

Sep 8, 2013 11:17 AM

Aug 2008
I certainly hate that uncle, but I hate Benten as much too. She knew he can't hold his transformation and used that to captured him. Yasaburo needs to take them all out, although that seems impossible. But seriously whatever Benten has been doing since episode 1, makes her more and more detestable.
Sep 8, 2013 11:43 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
The remaining question is what the real story about Benten is, we have the story from Kaisei's pov, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is the absolute truth.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Benten's pov. I also wonder too why she decided to join the Friday Fellows as 45Ravager also said. She seems to have a lot more depth than just some evil person who killed the father of the Shimogamo kids.
Sep 8, 2013 12:44 PM

Oct 2009
tingy said:
Takuan_Soho said:
The remaining question is what the real story about Benten is, we have the story from Kaisei's pov, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is the absolute truth.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Benten's pov. I also wonder too why she decided to join the Friday Fellows as 45Ravager also said. She seems to have a lot more depth than just some evil person who killed the father of the Shimogamo kids.

Totally what I was thinking too ... it seems like everything is leading up to her true intentions and possibly the frog saves the day! ;) ... well one can hope tee-hee
Sep 8, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2012
Cliffhanger ending, cannot wait for the next episode!!!
Sep 8, 2013 1:15 PM

Apr 2011
I have a feeling that I'm going to dislike the professor once Benten's history is fully revealed.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Sep 8, 2013 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
Moon_River said:
tingy said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Totally what I was thinking too ... it seems like everything is leading up to her true intentions and possibly the frog saves the day! ;) ... well one can hope tee-hee

My guess is that Benten used this opportunity to establish her own powerbase within the Tengu so that she was pretty much free of the prof. Though that just makes her a power grabbing bitch who's complicit in a murder so doesn't explain her tears.

Poor Kaisei though .. she has such a shit family!
Sep 8, 2013 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
I had a feeling the elder brother was going to be put in the hot pot judging from last episode. I'm hoping the second eldest brother transforms again and helps them.
Sep 8, 2013 2:05 PM

Oct 2011
Since the beginning of this anime I have always hated the Ebisagawa Family!!!!! Except Kaisei who helped them find their mother. But now OMG > : 0. Locking up poor Yashirou!!. Their Uncle planing to eat them!!!! He was the cause of their Dad's death not Yajirou TwT. I want him to be eaten!!!

My view of Benten has changed!!! Why!!!!???
Sep 8, 2013 2:06 PM

Feb 2013
Show is getting good now. Wonder how this is going to play out.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Sep 8, 2013 3:30 PM

Jun 2013
the fucking bastard sold him out!!
Sep 8, 2013 3:58 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode overall, there were a few boring parts though.
Sep 8, 2013 4:11 PM

Nov 2012
The day the Nise-emon is elected happens to be the day Souichirou died and the day of the Friday Fellows year-end bash.

Ebisugawa family really were scheming something.Ginkaku and Kinkaku trapped Yashirou,the elite guards kidnapped Yasaburo's mom,Yaichirou got kidnapped as well.

Turns out Souun really did have a part in Souichirou ending up in a hot pot,no surprise there tbh.Benten was involved as well,which wasn't much of a surprise either.Since her presence would make Souichirou unable to transform,thus unable to escape.I guess this may explains why she was crying during episode 6,out of guilt of having Souichirou killed.Hopefully we'll see more on her part in these last 3 episodes.

Wonder how Yasaburo will escape?Hopefully Yaijiro gets out of his well too.Don't see either of the two transforming though,I think Yaichirou will be the one to transform into a mountain like his father previously did to show his worthiness as Nise-emon.
Sep 8, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2008
That scumbag Ebisugawa Souun. I hope the tables are turned and he's the one that gets stewed and made into hot pot.
Sep 8, 2013 5:44 PM

May 2012
I knew that the Uncle is really evil but it never crossed my mind that he is behind his brother's "hotpot" death. That was really surprising. Makes sense why Kaisei is guilty and hates Benten. Now, I really want Benten to explain herself.

I hope the frog brother can transform back. Can't wait for next week!
Sep 8, 2013 6:23 PM
Jul 2011
hmm it seems so cliche to make soun the main evil villain behind everything
Sep 8, 2013 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode and so many questions, oh my, I can't wait to see the next episode, I'm super excited with this show!

5/5
Sep 8, 2013 6:44 PM

Jul 2009
scruffykiwi said:
Moon_River said:
tingy said:
Takuan_Soho said:

My guess is that Benten used this opportunity to establish her own powerbase within the Tengu so that she was pretty much free of the prof. Though that just makes her a power grabbing bitch who's complicit in a murder so doesn't explain her tears.

Poor Kaisei though .. she has such a shit family!

Well you have to keep in mind that she was kidnapped by the professor; that's how she got into that society in the first place. As far as I understood, professor literally took her away just for his own shits & giggles. That definitely affected her psyche somehow, though I'm still uncertain as to what her ultimate goal really is.

Anyway good episode, can't wait to see more. I hope the little brother or the frog brother will finally become useful...
Sep 8, 2013 8:42 PM
Dec 2010
I think Benten is incredibly complex, which is refreshing for an anime (or I'm hoping anyway).

I don't think she's evil at all. Although she is far from good. She's somewhere in between. What happened to her, it's not something you brush off and continue as if nothing has changed. Though I still hate that I love her. Maybe BECAUSE I find her story so interesting.

Did she know about Soichiro? Like, his family and everything? I can't remember. Was she aware that he was Yasaburo's father?
Sep 8, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 2012
KanPaTo said:
hmm it seems so cliche to make soun the main evil villain behind everything
Eh, I think the reason it isn't and the reason it did surprise some people is because of how well they've downplayed him. We knew he was a prick, but he was just kinda there the whole time aside from the breaking off the engagement.

Plus, we've seen so much of Ginkaku and Kinkaku's antics that we're conditioned to think of them as the jackass rival family that's always trying to start shit, but never something that low. And especially in this episode, after all the foreshadowing the last couple of weeks pointing toward Yaichirou getting boiled, when they captured Yashirou and went through their usual skit and talked about how they were gonna catch the whole family, it sort of downplayed them too. It just sort of reminded us of the juvenile stuff we saw from them in the first episode. Even though it had an ominous tone, we wouldn't expect those two dufuses to be co-conspiring to murder their own relative. Maybe they don't know about the hot-pot part, but either way I think it was some good misdirection right before the reveal.
Sep 8, 2013 10:51 PM

Dec 2011
The Ebisugawa's can go to hell. except for Kaisei
Sep 9, 2013 1:03 AM

Jan 2011
I still wouldn't be surprised if Soun wasn't one of the Friday Fellows himself. There were a couple of them conspicuously absent from the last even they held.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 9, 2013 1:23 AM

Apr 2013
Looking forward to the next episode..everything is getting dramatic something i totally didnt exepct from this anime
Sep 9, 2013 2:29 AM

Jan 2008
Vodkas said:
I had a feeling the elder brother was going to be put in the hot pot judging from last episode.

Yeah, when Kaisei said so I was pumping my fists into the air and yelled "I knew it!". I hope the tables will turn, one does not try to eat sexy kimono tanuki bro.
And I think Yaijiro will become the hero of the next episode (or episode after the next episode) and will safe everybody along with the youngest brother. Go, frog in the well!
Sep 9, 2013 3:09 AM

May 2013
It's pretty nice to see a frog eat some fried chicken.

So it was Souun who was behind everything. But I want to know Benten's story.

It ends with Yasaburou being surrounded. I wonder how he'll escape this.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 9, 2013 8:04 AM

Jul 2009
After this episode, can somebody tell me this anime's genres are only fantasy, comedy and slice of life? Where the drama with capital letters!
Sep 9, 2013 8:43 AM

Jul 2010
I hate myself for liking Benten. No matter what was her reason, I won't like her ever again.

Also, that scumbag of an Uncle .. But no wonders .. It was "stolen" from him the charge of Nise-mon and his love, but still sell his brother is too much.

Now I hope Yasaburou will frees himself from the hands of the Uncle and go to save his Uchouten Kazoku.

Anyway, 5/5 of episode. My heart was racing so fast during the vision.
Sep 9, 2013 10:11 AM

Dec 2010
Fairly predictable twist, but I didn't actually see it coming.

The really interesting thing about this anime is how likable Benten is, even though she's a huge bitch.
Sep 9, 2013 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
after watchin all that..a part of me is hoping Brother Frog Tanuki is gonna do something to redeem himself....even as a frog, since he supposedly cant change back...wishful thinking
Sep 9, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
nightmare1026 said:
The escape will be next episode. Yasaburo had put a seal on his true ability to transform because the last time he did it ended up causing his sensei to hurt himself and he has felt guilt since then (this was explained in the first episode). Soun is about to have a very nasty lesson about why not to piss Yasaburo off (as he should have learned from the fireworks episode).
Somehow I have a different take on this: I predict that the second son will redeem himself by coming out the well and morph into something great (perhaps the tram again) to save his mother and his big brother.

And just like the plot hint of the father could not morph in the presence of Benten was used neatly here in Soun's scheme to capture him, I also believe a bunch of plot hints may be triggered and tied up in the coming story. For example:

- I believe the professor will play a major role in saving the two tanuki, particularly since he would recognize the mother whom he saved before. He may even get kicked out of the Friday Club because of his courage to "do the right thing". He may also finally confirm that he was not mishearing in the past and truly tanuki can speak human tongues.

- I believe either Benten or the Tengu will reclaim the thunder and storm fan (which Soun used to capture the mother and big brother tanuki), and perhaps this will even serve as a trigger for the reconciliation of the two.

- I don't think Benten is evil but I think her feeling sad and shedding tears when no one is around shows her loneliness and guilt she felt about trying so hard to rise up the social rank.

I actually shed tears in this episode, so great is this episode (and the previous one as well). This weekend is such a great weekend as I shed tears FIVE times in one day, watching Uchouten, Railgun, Monogatari, Symphogear and Fate/kaleid Illya. I have never recalled such a day before...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 9, 2013 1:04 PM

Jan 2012
Raaah hate Benten now oO not like I ever liked her...
Hope Yajiro will learn the truth so that he can stop blaming himself ><
Sep 9, 2013 3:34 PM

Nov 2009
What an awful brother. Maybe that's the reason why Benten was crying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 3:37 PM

Jun 2010
Shit just got real. I'm not really going to say "as expected" since this is just one of the possibilities we speculated.

I'm still curious on Benten's background. I wonder what she's thinking.

Who will save Yasaburo? Maybe Benten or Yajiro?

Poor Kaisei :(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2013

83 by blinddig »»
Mar 8, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Do you think the series will get a s3?

Vamp_Lord - Oct 28, 2023

4 by InNeedOfAName »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:30 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

95 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2013

104 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2013

105 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 9, 2023 4:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.