3It was OK
11.0%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.4
283 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great news, they made up :3

How I just love Miyu and Illya working together now. The OP song played in the background during their fight also matches pretty well imo. They did it!

Damn, I'm going to miss this show likely seriously. There's still OVA and specials though I think.

LOL, I wasn't expecting a 'kiss' this episode though..
Sep 7, 2013 7:53 AM

Jan 2011
http://i.imgur.com/nPj1VVd.png
Unlimited yuri works! Shirou would be so proud. I liked the OP insert here.

http://i.imgur.com/UVYmoJp.png
And then we get some actual yuri hahaha.
http://i.imgur.com/bgLtcHS.png
That possessive Miyu, hnnnnnng
[center]
Sep 7, 2013 9:53 AM

Feb 2008
It doesn't seem like Miyu understand how friendships really is, this is just more than just friendships.
Haha but it seem like Miyu like Ilya more than just a friend.
She didn't mind the kiss.

2nd season please !? :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 7, 2013 10:04 AM

Feb 2009
Flashy ending to the final fight. I thought they would spice it up a bit or change it but it was still good. Friendship power > God Hand. Or they just overpowered him so that he couldn't resurrect again.
And Illya has finally conquered the Miyu route! And that morning kiss. Too bad girls.
And holy shit, that last minute. Why would they tease us like that?! They could have at least made her speak one line.

Overall it was a fun show despite being just 10 episodes. Don't really care much about the changes in the last few episodes. Highlight of the whole show is definitely Illya Archer vs Saber Alter. So yeah, underrated show but still a good one.
And ending card by Hiroyama himself. Nice.

OST when? Second season when?
Sep 7, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2012
Bazett is here.
Ok.

Season 2 when ?
Sep 7, 2013 11:01 AM

Jul 2010
I have to say Sliverlink did a nice job with the adaptation, especially with the battles. They were pretty exciting to watch. I hope the tease at the end is a flag for another season down the line.
Sep 7, 2013 11:55 AM

Jul 2007
Okay.

Explain to me one thing.

They still had the S2 tease, right? With certain badass redhead, right?
They still followed it mostly to how manga was this chapter(except they already had Waver to speak instead of Zelretch, but that's understanding if FSN remake will have him in speaking role and he was not cast yet and SilverLink wants to keep same VA when he appears again)

So...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS POINT OF THE BUTCHERY I N PREVIOUS TWO EPISODES? HUH? I would understand if they wanted to do anime original ending as it would at least JUSTIFY THE CHANGES.

But they clearly want to keep going, so WHY WOULD THEY FUCK UP ILLYA'S MOTIVATION AND ALL THE FORESHADOWING THEN?

This makes no sense at all.

What's more this adds EVEN MORE PROBLEMS, since that character development and those foreshadowing moments are CRUCIAL. To the point that adapting 2Zwei is nigh impossible without those.

How the fuck do you do that character justice in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, when you have replaced all of her motivation and character development into cheesy "bawww Myuu disliked me awww" shit????

Also WHY THE HELL IS IRIS STILL THERE? She should have left previous ep. Please tell me they at least kept her foreshadowing in this case? Because I am ready to flip a table.

Anyway, HOLY CRAP THAT TEASER. My favorite character is entering into the anime.

Don't fuck this up, Silverlink. Don't fuck this 2Wei season the way you fucked up previous two episodes.

belatkuro said:
Flashy ending to the final fight. I thought they would spice it up a bit or change it but it was still good. Friendship power > God Hand. Or they just overpowered him so that he couldn't resurrect again.

Overpowered.

Considering what they used is a miniscule version of certain second magic attack certain character used to fight certain other character.

What they used had enough power to kill Berserker whatever number of times there was left and possibly more.

Elite60 said:
I have to say Sliverlink did a nice job with the adaptation, especially with the battles. They were pretty exciting to watch. I hope the tease at the end is a flag for another season down the line.

I would have said this if not for episodes 7 8 and 9, which were biggest shitpile of badly adapted bullshit EVER, at the level of DEEN's fsn adaptation.
AhenshihaelSep 7, 2013 12:17 PM
Sep 7, 2013 3:54 PM

Jul 2009
second season spoted!

overall is 8.5/10
bruh
Sep 8, 2013 12:59 AM

Dec 2011
Miyu is so cute!
Expecting a second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2013 3:47 AM

Jan 2011
Can't wait for the 2nd season!
However the last episode of the 1st season was a bit lame.

Sep 8, 2013 7:18 AM

Sep 2008
Three more weeks until blurays ;__;
Sep 9, 2013 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
I actually shed tears in this episode, so great is this episode - It is even more shounen (and convincingly so) than shounen in the first half, and then it is more yuri than the usual yuri in the second half. What a grand and exulting end of a series.

This weekend is such a great weekend as I shed tears FIVE times in one day, watching Uchouten, Railgun, Monogatari, Symphogear and Fate/kaleid Illya. I have never recalled such a day before...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 11, 2013 3:00 PM
May 2013
hmm interesting ending.
Sep 12, 2013 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
I want Second Season NOW!
Sep 12, 2013 5:47 PM

Aug 2011
That was....... good I guess. S2 pls.
Sep 13, 2013 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
I'm seeing on twitter that season 2 was announced after the finale on Tokyo MX.

EDIT: Yup. http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/otaku_blog/imgs/7/2/72e8c26f.jpg

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4534900.html
neontasterSep 13, 2013 10:14 AM
Sep 13, 2013 10:37 AM
Sep 13, 2013 10:50 AM

Jun 2011
This is good news and i look forward to the second season.

Though i really do scratch my head at why they changed the whole Illya thing from episode 7 onwards if they were going to do a second season, i guess someone thought their idea was better or something. It is like they did with Magi (but no where near as bad or to such an extent) with changing things for the series finale but announcing a second season right after.

(Random thought) The Magi manga has kind of been crap recently, if any of you read it as well you will probably get what i mean.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 13, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
Announced on TV but not in Nico Nico Douga (which aired first and is where overseas fans get for the anime) LOL

Anyway I will start a news thread in the News Board too.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 13, 2013 11:27 AM

Nov 2011
neontaster said:

I'm definitely looking forward to this. Yay for more Fate/Kaleid
Sep 13, 2013 11:52 AM

Jun 2011
I am watching it now and one thing that just jumped out at me was Miyu used Gae Bolg again which she should not of been able to use for another day. I get they extended the fight compared to the quick end to the fight after Illya turns up in the manga but they should not break the established rules of how many times the cards can be used. Also Berserker should be resistant to it since he already died to it once, though it is Gae Bolg so maybe it can get through more than once considering its power? That is a slight grey area i guess.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Sep 13, 2013 12:03 PM

Feb 2009
It's the Death Flight version of Gae Bolg so I guess that's why it worked? I dunno.
Though I agree about the cards usage limitation.
Sep 13, 2013 12:09 PM

Aug 2009
Slicer22 said:
I am watching it now and one thing that just jumped out at me was Miyu used Gae Bolg again which she should not of been able to use for another day. I get they extended the fight compared to the quick end to the fight after Illya turns up in the manga but they should not break the established rules of how many times the cards can be used. Also Berserker should be resistant to it since he already died to it once, though it is Gae Bolg so maybe it can get through more than once considering its power? That is a slight grey area i guess.

You know I dont really expect them to be perfectly knowledgeable when it comes to abilities.
Powerlevel warsdiscussions between fans never end,so we cant expect them(anime studio) to know/remember everything.
Sep 13, 2013 12:23 PM

Jun 2011
ssjokg said:

You know I dont really expect them to be perfectly knowledgeable when it comes to abilities.
Powerlevel warsdiscussions between fans never end,so we cant expect them(anime studio) to know/remember everything.

Well i questioned it since they said so themselves during the explanations about the cards on the roof back in episode 3 so the staff were aware of it.

Was it just me but the noise and expressions that Miyu and Illya made during their multi Excalibur blast a little lacking? It just did not seem to match the scale of what they were doing just felt i don't know a bit jarring to me or something like that.

Anyway i enjoyed this series overall and am looking forward to season 2 and will probably reread the manga now.

8/10
DragoonDeusSep 13, 2013 12:30 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Sep 13, 2013 12:27 PM

Sep 2013
Slicer22 said:

Well i finished it off and lol that kiss for a second i thought it was Shirou but ended up being Miyu none of that bit was in the manga but that was some anime original i don't mind had me laughing pretty hard.

It's not anime original, it's the beginning of 2wei.
Sep 13, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2011
C-Core said:
It's not anime original, it's the beginning of 2wei.

Woops it has been a while since i read it and seem to have forgot that bit looks like i really could use a re-read of the whole manga.

Just looked it up lol it was the first few pages of the start of 2wei.
DragoonDeusSep 13, 2013 12:33 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Sep 13, 2013 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
soo it's over now.. a really nice finale and the battle scenes looked awesome as always c:
lol @ that kiss. and we got to SEE WAVER AGAIN. YAYAYAY.
overall i really enjoyed it... 8/10 from me. and now on to waiting for the specials, OVA and of course the 2nd season :-)
Sep 13, 2013 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
Slicer22 said:
ssjokg said:

Well i questioned it since they said so themselves during the explanations about the cards on the roof back in episode 3 so the staff were aware of it.

Was it just me but the noise and expressions that Miyu and Illya made during their multi Excalibur blast a little lacking? It just did not seem to match the scale of what they were doing just felt i don't know a bit jarring to me or something like that.

Anyway i enjoyed this series overall and am looking forward to season 2 and will probably reread the manga now.

8/10
What C-Core said and I was talking about the ability of God Hand and NPs in general.Using the same Include a second time is a big mistake but I can forgive something that they would know only if they had researched FSN in more detail.Even in the extended Saber Alter vs Archer Ilya fight,the abilities that Ilya used were either featured in 2wei or are pretty damn popular(Overedge,unless if it was shown in 2wei and I just forgot).
Sep 13, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2011
ssjokg said:
What C-Core said and I was talking about the ability of God Hand and NPs in general.Using the same Include a second time is a big mistake but I can forgive something that they would know only if they had researched FSN in more detail.Even in the extended Saber Alter vs Archer Ilya fight,the abilities that Ilya used were either featured in 2wei or are pretty damn popular(Overedge,unless if it was shown in 2wei and I just forgot).

Ah sorry i misunderstood and yes it can be forgiven they did a good job of extending the battles and fleshing them out more in the anime though i always did prefer the manga fight for Rider better. It is not that different but the small differences in the manga made it better for me. Saber Alter vs Archer Illya was a was of course the best one and considering she had all the ability's of Archer there was no real problem of any of the skills she used.

I still hope to at some point to see an UBW in the manga at some point. Since the 3rei we may even get to see it from a certain chained up person at some point.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Sep 13, 2013 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
Slicer22 said:
ssjokg said:

Ah sorry i misunderstood and yes it can be forgiven they did a good job of extending the battles and fleshing them out more in the anime though i always did prefer the manga fight for Rider better. It is not that different but the small differences in the manga made it better for me. Saber Alter vs Archer Illya was a was of course the best one and considering she had all the ability's of Archer there was no real problem of any of the skills she used.

I still hope to at some point to see an UBW in the manga at some point. Since the 3rei we may even get to see it from a certain chained up person at some point.

I believe that only Saber Alter vs Archer Ilya and the Berserker fight were actually better than the manga.Rider and Caster were much better for me in the manga.FZ Assassin wasnt even a fight.
What bothered me in the adaptation is the lack of blood and actual injuries.(Except from scenes that were necessary)
Sep 13, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2011
ssjokg said:
I believe that only Saber Alter vs Archer Ilya and the Berserker fight were actually better than the manga.Rider and Caster were much better for me in the manga.FZ Assassin wasnt even a fight.
What bothered me in the adaptation is the lack of blood and actual injuries.(Except from scenes that were necessary)

I don't remember the Caster fight being much better in the manga i will see if that is true when i reread it. Poor Assassin got turned into fodder in both manga and anime.

Yes i could of used more blood and their injuries being heavier like in the manga and i somewhat hope they may tweak it in the blu-rays but i get the feeling they wont.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Sep 13, 2013 1:18 PM

Feb 2013
guess berserker's heart is in his stomach
this ending was perfect in so many levels
Sep 13, 2013 1:30 PM

Aug 2010
AWESOME EPISODE!!!

As usual Berserker is OP as fuck XD

Really loved the fight animation and Berserker's CG was actually pretty damn nice.
The Parallel include was pretty amazing and MiyuxIllya emotions were nice along with it.

Illya dreaming of kissing Shriou was sooo cute then actually turning out to be Miyu XD Her reaction was sooo KAWAIII <3

Lol'd at how Illya said "I thought u were onii chan" XD Which means it would be okay if it was Shirou XD

Iris and the two maids conversation was nice.

Then the part at school was lol. Miyu clinging to Illya was really cute.

At the end Rin destroying Luvi's heli and both of them beat up was hilarious XD

The cameo at the end was awesome! Really glad there's a 2nd season :D
Sep 13, 2013 1:37 PM

Feb 2011
Awesome that we got a second season. This really deserves one , but I hope it'll be at least as good as this one.

As for this anime , it's going to be easy to remember. Epic battle scenes and emotions , loved it.

8/10
Sep 13, 2013 1:38 PM
Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
I believe that only Saber Alter vs Archer Ilya and the Berserker fight were actually better than the manga.

Haven't read the manga, but the Saber/Archer fight was great animation and a rare example of exploiting animations chief advantage over manga: mobility. The way Ilya moved during that fight was incredible, particularly her stomach muscles when she was dodging Saber. The animators put some serious thought into that sequence and it paid off.
Sep 13, 2013 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
well that was a really fun ride.

and about dat foreshadowing... all i want to say is this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipWoX9xL2No

now to play the waiting game....
Sep 13, 2013 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
The friendship is strong between Illya and Miyu, obliterating Berserker with a single blast. Nice to see the opening song when finishing him off. Haha Luvia still being immature when taking he card away from Rin. Oh wow the morning caught me off gaurd by a misunderstanding kiss. Hooray for a second season.

Well last episode was good and I enjoyed it. An 8/10 for me in this.

Sep 13, 2013 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
Unlimited excalibur works as sweet. Can't wait for season 2. I'd like some more Shirou or Archer
Sep 13, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2010
Remind me please: do we ever see full-body Caster Include in the manga?
Sep 13, 2013 2:04 PM

Aug 2009
OneMore said:
Remind me please: do we ever see full-body Caster Include in the manga?
It's Install not Include.
Sep 13, 2013 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
Okay... so everything amazing. I should have started my comment about this episode faster because I just lost all my ideas.

ILYA!!! That kiss!!! Look at it bellow... and that sentence: "But if that's what you want, Illya, I'll do the best I can." blew me up in laughs... look how cute she is with that blush...

Same pic but 1080p and no subtitle if anyone wants it

Forgot to say... Onii-chan's love she still has wants it since first day we met her in this series :D xD.
Also that reaction of the classmates, just priceless xD. Oh and that friendship.. I guess the kiss had to do something with it.

Haha when I saw that Rin is in a forest I already knew they crashed xD. And I guess they'll be going to the same school as Illya and Miyu... Also the ED?!, will we see Rin as a maid? xD, I bet she wont be a maid for long :).

AWWW end of season. New season peak-a-view after the ED, who's that guy?

And last pic :)
The card

Oh man I could re-watch this episode countless times and feel the same :).

Also I really do hope I don't miss the next season.
Sep 13, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2010
Nice ending especially the crashed helicopter with Rin and Luvia like that, they still have a long way to go before they stop destroying the lecture hall because of a simple argument.
They really like each other even if they don't admit to it.
Miyu and Ilia also have some ways to go.

Seeing as there are three manga and second season is announced there might even be some hope for the third season as well.
Sep 13, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2013
That kiss lol. Cool that there's a second season. Can't wait!
Sep 13, 2013 3:17 PM
May 2013
just want to say that i find this enjoyable and it gave me a few good laughs.
well im off to read the manga so my friend would stop bugging me to read it lol
ExblasterSep 13, 2013 3:34 PM
Sep 13, 2013 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
IllyaxMiyu is so cute! Miya is much more cuter now that she's all attached to illya.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2013 3:37 PM

May 2010
very enjoyable episode for me too ..that kiss..lmao! i give it a solid 7/10 and will watch season 2 for sure ;)
Sep 13, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
Great ending, loved the kiss scene.
7/10
Sep 13, 2013 4:04 PM

Jan 2011
6/10
might watch the sequel
Sep 13, 2013 4:25 PM

May 2013
This episode was so cute. I love the fight scenes in the anime. Miyu was being so attached lol. Yay for a second season, now we need one for Blood Lad. I can definitely say that if I wasn't a fan of the Fate/ franchise I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.
And so i pray...Unlimited Friendship Works.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 13, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2013
This show was meh some episodes were great some were really boring 5/10.
dtshyk said:
Urobuchi said this anime(Psycho Pass) has cruel scenes both physically and mentally.

ZettaiRyouiki:
In other news, the sun rises from the East.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.