Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Saber Alter = badass

As I had thought, she is a bit strong. I feel sorry for anyone that would fight her directly especially the girls this episode. Oh and I love the OST of this show, freaking need headphones on.

Poor Illya, she's so scared ;.;

I like how they work as a team though, somewhat lol. But yeah, I enjoyed this episode, a lot of action. I loved the girls' new battle outfit also :>

Stark700Aug 5, 2013 12:09 PM
Aug 3, 2013 11:10 AM

Feb 2009
And again, they had Kawasumi Ayako, Saber's seiyuu, to just have her shout and grunt. Still loving this little detail for this show.
Saber Alter in all her dark aura glory. So much awesomeness. Though isn't her magic resistance actually lower in Alter form? That black mist should be the one doing all the blocking.

As expected of the one who did Horizon, the OST is just superb in all levels. And there was another remix in there but I can't remember the title.

And it really isn't all fun and games with this mahou shoujo business, as Illya finds out the hard way. Sucks that people dropped it before they realized that this isn't just a normal mahou shoujo show. Their loss.

Is it me or did Rin's boobs grow a little. Or it's probably the costume. Luvia's Luvias are still as big as ever and getting a lot of focus. And for bickering rivals, they cooperated well in this fight. Rin did most of the job though.

Shit, I was certain for sure that this episode would end on how chapter 7 ended. That would have been an awesome cliffhanger. The impact of those remaining pages was much bigger, especially with the monologue that came with it. Oh well this still works too I guess considering they were building up the counterattack for the strong enemy that was untouchable.

My body is ready for the next episode.
Aug 3, 2013 11:27 AM

Jul 2007
Man, fighting against Saber, corrupted or not, is the worst thing you can get as a magus. Dat A rank Magic RES. Good thing its alter-version who has lower other stats and is pretty much mindless beast. Quartet is also lucky to have Zelretch's creations by their side, otherwise they all would be dead already.

Anyway, this show, as I said before and will say again is Gurren Lagann to Madoka's Evangelion. It starts deceptively simple and normal and then blows up to batshit crazy proportions, while STILL being aware of the tropes and subverting them constantly, at the same time growing darker and darker and escaping the boundaries of the genre it pretended to be a part of. .

I'll never understand how kitsch like Neptunia has higher rating than this.

Can't wait till next episode, considering it will top this one.
AhenshihaelAug 3, 2013 11:39 AM
Aug 3, 2013 1:12 PM

Jul 2009
belatkuro said:
Shit, I was certain for sure that this episode would end on how chapter 7 ended. That would have been an awesome cliffhanger. The impact of those remaining pages was much bigger, especially with the monologue that came with it. Oh well this still works too I guess considering they were building up the counterattack for the strong enemy that was untouchable.

Totally agreed with you. this cliffhanger lack of punch compared to the manga version.

Anyways, it is still great.

BTW, can somebody translate this?
kei78Aug 3, 2013 1:16 PM
bruh
Aug 3, 2013 1:41 PM

May 2010
The animation was pretty good, and yes, alter saber is an awesome opponent. I just wonder why they ended the episode at this point but why not, I am looking forward to watching the next episode 'cause things are going to be interesting.

@kei78 : If I am not wrong.
Saber(s) : If I am defeated there is Saber number 2 and number 3...
Miyu & Illya : Go back to Camelot.
Aug 3, 2013 2:01 PM

Mar 2008
Was it just me or did anyone else feel that there's s lot of idle moments in this episode, like even more than usual? I mean, they just stopped both talking and moving, sometimes even in the middle of a conversation, which kinda feels unnatural IMO... Budget cuts?
-
Aug 3, 2013 2:13 PM

May 2010
dimasmw said:
Was it just me or did anyone else feel that there's s lot of idle moments in this episode, like even more than usual? I mean, they just stopped both talking and moving, sometimes even in the middle of a conversation, which kinda feels unnatural IMO... Budget cuts?

That's true they have been waffling a bit and in fact the episode is fairly short: The beginning is the ending of the last episode and they did some padding to reach the end. Nevertheless, the fight against Saber alter was pretty well done.
Aug 3, 2013 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
Lithrein said:
dimasmw said:

That's true they have been waffling a bit and in fact the episode is fairly short: The beginning is the ending of the last episode and they did some padding to reach the end. Nevertheless, the fight against Saber alter was pretty well done.

Now that you mention this and considering what will happen in next episode, it may not be a bad choice make the actions a bit longer and end this way.
This episode cover chapter 6 and 75% of chapter 7.
going through chapter 7 could have been better for a strong cliffhanger but making a sole episode for chapter 8 that is the climax would not be enough. Mixing it with chapter 9 would be completely off. chapter 9 and 10 together seems ok.

BTW, thanks Lithrein for the translation.

Now, my main concern about next episode is the soundtrack they will use for the main battle. "Emiya-Kenji Kawai version" would have been perfect
kei78Aug 3, 2013 2:30 PM
bruh
Aug 3, 2013 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
kei78 said:
Lithrein said:
dimasmw said:

Now that you mention this and considering what will happen in next episode, it may not be a bad choice make the actions a bit longer and end this way.
This episode cover chapter 6 and 75% of chapter 7.
going through chapter 7 could have been better for a strong cliffhanger but making a sole episode for chapter 8 that is the climax would not be enough. Mixing it with chapter 9 would be completely off. chapter 9 and 10 together seems ok.

BTW, thanks Lithrein for the translation.

Now, my main concern about next episode is the soundtrack they will use for the main battle. "Emiya-Kenji Kawai version" would have been perfect
How about a new version?
Kenji Kawai ver.isnt bad,and although I prefer both the Time Alter and Original versions more, I would prefer an all new one.
Aug 3, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2007
kei78 said:

I am pretty sure that THAT scene in next episode WILL have some form of EMIYA playing over it. If we are lucky, maybe the Vita-RN version one.
Aug 3, 2013 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
ssjokg said:
kei78 said:
[
How about a new version?
Kenji Kawai ver.isnt bad,and although I prefer both the Time Alter and Original versions more, I would prefer an all new one.

Why not? As long as it fits, it is ok with me for new version. I hope for Emiya theme to keep with the mood (no spoiler)
bruh
Aug 4, 2013 7:57 AM
Jun 2013
kei78 said:

BTW, can somebody translate this?

Aug 5, 2013 12:26 AM
Sep 2012
Huge smile throughout the entire episode! This show keeps getting better and better every episode.

Can't wait for episode 6!
Aug 5, 2013 12:37 AM

Nov 2012
awesome episode! so much action in this one.
loved the end card.
Aug 5, 2013 6:02 AM

Aug 2012
Dayum, that Rin vs. Alter Saber fight though . that was intense. Can't wait to watch this on higher quality versions
Aug 5, 2013 7:33 AM

Apr 2010
Sabers form remains impressive no mater how you look at it.
And she is still owning the girls even if they think they have some form of advantage.
Cliffhanger could indeed have a bit more impact but it was just nicely done in the manga so it must have been hard for the animators.
Aug 5, 2013 10:01 AM

May 2013
Good battle so far. Can't wait for next episode.
Aug 5, 2013 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
If I remember the manga correctly... They cut this episode just before the main dish. I can't wait for the the next episode, it'll be godly.
Aug 5, 2013 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
Magical girls are way better with cat ears!
I can't wait to see them on Illya =3=
Aug 5, 2013 4:08 PM
Oct 2010
great ep was great. wahahahaha the end card. so much saber roflmao. greatness
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 5, 2013 11:16 PM

Jul 2013
Intense battle against Saber, pretty interesting fight. To me, best episode so far, can't wait for the next episode.

Aug 6, 2013 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
really great episode....

Alter Saber is a badass....

love the battle scenes between Rin and Alter Saber...i forgot to read the subtitles because of that...LOL

next episode would be epic...can't wait for it...

xD
Aug 6, 2013 2:30 PM

Oct 2011
Damn Saber Alter was powerful for Ilya and Miyu. But wow Rin and Lluvia was awesome!!!
Aug 7, 2013 6:16 PM

Jul 2013
This episode had a bit of slow start for me but it got way better as it continued. I never expected Ruby and Sapphire to go back to their original masters. I suppose it really is a last resort move! Rin was pretty awesome too haha. ^^; Next episode they're both gonna kick ass!
Aug 7, 2013 6:57 PM

Feb 2013
I know I should be cheering for the magical girls, but is it bad I'm cheering for Saber? XD
Aug 9, 2013 3:41 PM

May 2013
Liking this show way more than I thought I would. The fights are cool and seeing Saber Alter animated is love. I knew she would wreck shop but was definitely surprised at them going back to their previous masters and Rin turning Ruby into a sword. Never would've seen these things coming.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 9, 2013 3:50 PM

Dec 2009
Am I wrong or a remix of Sword of Promised Victory played when Illya was fighting Saber Alter?
Aug 9, 2013 6:19 PM

Aug 2007
Oh man what a great episode. I honestly thought they were going to have to retreat for now, but I wasn't expecting Rin and Luvia to finally have their chance to shine.
Aug 10, 2013 1:04 AM

Sep 2012
The fighting scenes were gorgeous, but everything else looked like an abuse of camera tilt when the the girls talk, really felt unnatural as someone said before.
Aug 10, 2013 4:12 AM

Jan 2012
Luvia and RIn were so badass!!! >_<
Loads of action in this episode, and the next looks just as good XD
Aug 10, 2013 4:52 AM

Apr 2013
Will there be
next episode?
Aug 10, 2013 5:14 AM

Aug 2009
FlamingYu said:
Will there be
next episode?
No.But....
Aug 10, 2013 7:50 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
Good thing its alter-version who has lower other stats and is pretty much mindless beast.

Wrong. The alter has higher stats. Besides a one grade down for luck and agility, all other stats are A or A++. Sabers stats with Shirou are three Cs and three Bs. With Sabers stat's with Kiritsugu, Alter beats her in all stats except agility.
AidanAK47Aug 10, 2013 7:59 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Aug 11, 2013 1:11 AM

Apr 2009
Nicely adapted. My only complaints are the moments where they just seem to drag out single shots for too long, or have those long pauses in between lines. Really a pet peeve and makes it feel like they're trying to stretch the episode longer e.e

Plus no epic saber's mask breaking-off scene, but I guess little details like that don't matter much :T

Aug 11, 2013 3:14 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, really good episode again, the fighting done by Luvia and Rin really is on a whole different level.

I really like the OSTs this series has as well.

Aug 11, 2013 6:04 PM

Jan 2012
disgusting old hags.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 11, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2010
-Saber Alteeeeer!!!
-Nice to see Illya and Miyu using their brains against this unbeatable enemy.
-Rin went CQC with Saber. Awesome.
-Saber's energy slashed looks like Getsuga Tenshou.
-Cliffhanger at that part. Not bad considering what will happen in next episode and how short it is.
-Too many Altria. And it's not counting her clones like Nero, Mordred and Jeanne.
Aug 11, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive animation
Aug 12, 2013 1:32 AM

Aug 2008
Based from that preview, as I wait for the HD version to air, UBW can be used with those cards.

I forgot Reality Marbles could also be Noble Phantasms. I think.

Linkark07 said:
Am I wrong or a remix of Sword of Promised Victory played when Illya was fighting Saber Alter?

Nope, I don't think so. I also thought so.
Aug 12, 2013 2:48 PM

Nov 2010
Rin vs Saber

It was a bit surprising the two would toss their wand to them

Is EXCALIBURRRR!!! coming up soon?
Aug 15, 2013 11:13 AM

May 2011
Great to see Rin and Luvia get in on some of the mahou shoujo action themselves again. And this fight against Saber Alter looks fucking awesome so far, especially Rin's swordfight against her.
Aug 18, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2012
wow, First of all,
once Illya & Miya threw those staffs,
i was confused...

and when Rin and Luvia transformed , i got goosebumps cause i new a epic ass whoopen was about to be thrown down.

ahaha Rin slamming Ruby after those smart comments was hilarious.

look forward to the next episode,
Aug 19, 2013 11:38 AM

Oct 2012
Great episode, Saber is always so overpowered XD. Nice to see Rin back as a magical girl with a tail and animal ears (lol), enjoyed this quite much, next episode fight some more.
Aug 30, 2013 5:41 AM

May 2012
15:38 dat lovely boin <3

18:54 OHOHOHO

Yay for action-packed ep, nay for the usual crappy drawing+coloring.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 9, 2013 4:21 PM

Jan 2013
Some bad animation was done. But otherwise another great episode. I love Saber, though it's sad to see that it's only her body and no soul/not her personality.
Sep 26, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
Since they got owned that badly with Saber not doing much, i wonder how fast it would have ended if Saber was going all out right away. Probably something like this: "how come the dimension is not crumbling" "i don't know, but do you see that light closing in way too fast, too?" (Saber in the background screaming "Excalibur").

Previous episide was slightly better, more variation, as Saber was simply standing most of the time, and the girls just tried a couple of beams. Still nice to see Saber, even in this form.
Oct 14, 2013 10:45 PM

Oct 2012
Why nekomimi??

Wow Archer-mode? Install?

Lol ending illustration
http://i40.tinypic.com/eu205v.jpg
Remind me of latest Carnival Phantasm's animation
Rayl1ghtOct 14, 2013 10:52 PM
"Signature removed"
Nov 20, 2013 10:44 AM

Jun 2011
Dat ending illustration xD
Apr 8, 2014 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
Saber Alter too strong xD
But the next episode...bye bye Saber Alter,Illya OP mode :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.