Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WHAT AN INTENSE FIGHT.

Go team~
Rin is funny to watch this episode though. So I guess Saber Alter survived the attack. Am I surprised? Nope. Is I see some wings on Illya, oh snap.

OST is pretty decent this episode and I like her new battle outfit. Not bad.

Seriously, what an intense episode.
Aug 10, 2013 9:00 AM

Jul 2007
DAT EXCALIBUR(only fitting considering the location :P)
DAT ANIMATION QUALITY
DAT sword of promised victory-alter ost organ version.
DAT FUCKING FORESHADOWING
DAT EMIYA OST ILLYA REMIX
DAT RHO AIAS

EAT YOUR WORDS HATERRRRRRRRS. (although it is depressing that Prisma gets to do justice to EMIYA themesong and build-up first before we get a proper FSN version of it)

I dare you to tell you this is not part of fate franchise. I double dare you. This is more in line with fate franchise than DEEN's fsn ever was.

Overall this episode is nice taste of things to come in Zwei and Drei :P

9000/5
AhenshihaelAug 10, 2013 9:03 AM
Aug 10, 2013 9:21 AM

May 2010
Fai: +1.
What a great episode and what an awesome fight (both music and animation). I loved it.

I am really looking forward to the next ones and I hope the could be as great as this one.
Aug 10, 2013 9:32 AM

Aug 2009
It was a bit dragged out in the first half but the second was godly.

Emiya ~Install version~.ost confirmed

Traced Excalibur with enough mana to overpower Saber Alter's Excliblast.Thats the power
that summoned and sustained Heracles as an Berserker without the help of the Greater Grail for two(and something) months.

Some technicalFanboy observations:
-While it was VERY awesome that they included Kanshou and Bakuya Overedge it would be even more awesome if they had included Archer's version of Crane Wing Three Realm.

-AT 15:31-32 and 15:49(and maybe more) I am sure that it is an animation error since Ilya wasnt using Overedge at that time.
-In the manga Ilya uses Hrunting instead of Caladbolg but I prefer it like this since Hrunting seemed pretty weak in the manga,barely scratching Saber and never coming back.Although the explosion from Caladbolg was VERY weak too.
-Rho Aias needed to be traced with a deep voice even if it is Ilya.It would make it even better.
-Good job at showing the Heroic Spirit's inner world.For a moment I thought they would fight inside Unlimited Blade Works.

End Card

You are OP as you are Ilya.You dont need Avalon.
ssjokgAug 10, 2013 9:49 AM
Aug 10, 2013 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
Dat level of epicness with an Emiya Ost ?

When peoples will notice that this is the freakin' best that season ?
Aug 10, 2013 9:41 AM

Aug 2009
I will have a lot of work to do with gifs when the HD version comes out next week.

I just noticed but in the end card Ilya is standing back to back with Archer.*fangasms*

Next time:Ilya coming a bit closer to her FSN self.*wink*
ssjokgAug 10, 2013 9:52 AM
Aug 10, 2013 9:54 AM

Jul 2007
Arlia said:

Considering people are generally quite stupid, I have no idea.

How is this rated below 8-9 ALSO escapes me.
Aug 10, 2013 9:58 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
Arlia said:

1.Too many Type Moon haters.
2."This is a disgrace to Fate/Zero"<-Said by someone that has watched only Fate/Zero.
3.Mahou Shoujo but not Urobuchi
4.Ilya(yes many dislike her(or even hate) due to HF not having an adaptation)
5."Card Captor Sakura rip off"/"Nanoha rip off"
6.No Saber.The normal one.
Aug 10, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
Arlia said:

1.Too many Type Moon haters.
2."This is a disgrace to Fate/Zero"<-Said by someone that has watched only Fate/Zero.
3.Mahou Shoujo but not Urobuchi
4.Ilya(yes many dislike her(or even hate) due to HF not having an adaptation)
5."Card Captor Sakura rip off"/"Nanoha rip off"

People are freakin' stupid in this case. Eck, this anime much more close to the fate universe that the Fate Stay Night anime was.
Aug 10, 2013 10:58 AM

Feb 2008
The seal has been open, clash..
Of course her body can't handle that but thought it was epic fight.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 10, 2013 11:43 AM

Feb 2009
Dat Excaliblast
Dat seal breaking
Dat UBW inner world
Dat Rho Aias
Dat Kanshou and Bakuya Overedge
Dat melee exchange
Dat Caladbolg
Dat double Excaliblast
Dat EMIYA OST
Dat everything

Best episode ever or best episode ever? Shit, that was awesome.
People are missing out on a lot here. Again, their loss and our win. And this was so much win.
Time to rewatch it again.
Aug 10, 2013 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
I don't remember an anime that reaches that unfathomable level of epicness during a battle.
Everything is perfect, OST included.

bruh
Aug 10, 2013 8:33 PM

Jul 2013
DAMN. I wasn't expecting that. At all.

First I was a little surprised by how dark the battle with Caster was, and then Saber shows up and screws everyone up, making us believe that Rin and Luvia are dead after an Excaliblast, I'm staring in shock as Illya suffers a Madoka-esque breakdown, and then all of a sudden,she's revealed to be not so normal after all (perhaps she's a homunculus in this world as well) and we get to see a totally epic battle WORTHY of Fate/Zero, complete with more EKUSUU-KALIBAAAAAA?! Holy carp. Not only that, but we also got Excalibur and Emiya remixes. What could be more awesome than that?!?

I must admit I had my doubts at first, but this episode has definitely changed my mind about that. This isn't just a Cardcaptor or Nanoha ripoff anymore. It's beginning to match the tone of the Fateverse, and from what I've heard about Zwei and Drei, the next two seasons are going to be even more awesome. After this episode, I can't imagine that there'll still be haters moaning about the same things they've been saying since Episode 1.

Aug 10, 2013 9:32 PM

Nov 2008
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
Arlia said:

TRUE Saber sort of Made the Fate/Stay night Franchise for me ..so ya.
Aug 10, 2013 9:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Mercifulness said:
It's beginning to match the tone of the Fateverse, and from what I've heard about Zwei and Drei, the next two seasons are going to be even more awesome. After this episode, I can't imagine that there'll still be haters moaning about the same things they've been saying since Episode 1.

I consider Fate/kaleid as a mix between the comedy/parody and the serious battles. It's like epic F/Z-style battles crossed with humor from Carnival Phantasm. An awesome combination in my eyes. Clearly, not everyone agrees...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2013 10:26 PM

Apr 2011
OMFG! That was just awesome! Archer Ilya kicking Alter Saber's ass was just freaking epic! I need to watch it again!

I don't care what other fans say, I am loving this anime!
Aug 11, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2012
1.5 minute of recap and so much dragging in the first half. Yet the fight in the second half is awesome. Still I can't help thinking of the word "asspull" when I watched this episode...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 11, 2013 4:01 AM

Jul 2007
Mercifulness said:
DAMN. I wasn't expecting that. At all.

First I was a little surprised by how dark the battle with Caster was, and then Saber shows up and screws everyone up, making us believe that Rin and Luvia are dead after an Excaliblast, I'm staring in shock as Illya suffers a Madoka-esque breakdown, and then all of a sudden,she's revealed to be not so normal after all (perhaps she's a homunculus in this world as well) and we get to see a totally epic battle WORTHY of Fate/Zero, complete with more EKUSUU-KALIBAAAAAA?! Holy carp. Not only that, but we also got Excalibur and Emiya remixes. What could be more awesome than that?!?

How about....
. Let's just say it does NOT dial it down and stuff gets crazier and crazier.

Mercifulness said:

I must admit I had my doubts at first, but this episode has definitely changed my mind about that. This isn't just a Cardcaptor or Nanoha ripoff anymore. It's beginning to match the tone of the Fateverse, and from what I've heard about Zwei and Drei, the next two seasons are going to be even more awesome. After this episode, I can't imagine that there'll still be haters moaning about the same things they've been saying since Episode 1.

Which is right in line with how FSN vn handled things as well -

symbv said:
1.5 minute of recap and so much dragging in the first half. Yet the fight in the second half is awesome. Still I can't help thinking of the word "asspull" when I watched this episode...

plot foreshadowing =/= asspull, especially considering who used it, what she did in FSN itself(like the fact that
and what Illya's role is in overall FSN lore (as in
) its not unexpected.

At the same time it was quite well foreshadowed considering about a gazillion times they showcased that Illya was not exactly normal (if we already did not have FSN/F0 knowledge even) , like her being able to outrun Shirou(who is on a freaking bike) and her nigh instant mastery of wand powers.

At the same time its not like she just went "oh by the way I have this power too" - the whole scene was handled in "what the hell is going on" kind of fashion with clear intentions to set up mystery in narrative.

IF everyone would just forget it happened and act like nothing happened at all, then it would be an asspull, but considering so far they do not, its not.
Aug 11, 2013 4:44 AM

Nov 2012
wow this episode was intense. so basically ilya turned into archer huh? loved the fight.
Aug 11, 2013 5:43 AM

Sep 2012
testlist7 said:
This episode was bad on so many levels.

Can you develop ?
Aug 11, 2013 8:12 AM

Dec 2009
Kerry must be proud, Illya also got an Emiya remix just like her brother.
Linkark07Aug 11, 2013 8:29 AM
Aug 11, 2013 8:16 AM

Mar 2008
Arlia said:
testlist7 said:

Can you develop ?

Maybe meant to say it was badass on so many levels XD?

I can't wait to rewatch this fight in HD since it was pretty damn awesome. Fast paced showdown with some crazy action. Can't wait to see where things go from here.
Aug 11, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 2010
This episode.
This fucking episode.
Aug 11, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2010
I'm so GAR for Illya.

Aug 11, 2013 9:28 AM

May 2013
That was epic.
Aug 11, 2013 9:31 AM
Jan 2012
did they re-use some frames during the close combat scene? it felt repeated. other then that the whole thing was AWESOME. Illya is MOE-GAR
Aug 11, 2013 9:33 AM

Jun 2010
AllTJAck said:
did they re-use some frames during the close combat scene? it felt repeated. other then that the whole thing was AWESOME. Illya is MOE-GAR

more like GAR-LY.
Aug 11, 2013 9:34 AM

Feb 2011
Bloody hell. The level of epicness was overwhelming.
Aug 11, 2013 9:34 AM
Oct 2010
omg so much fap worthy animation. dat OST FFFUUUUUUUU the epicness so win this ep.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 11, 2013 9:38 AM

Apr 2013
So much for
sakaAug 11, 2013 6:56 PM
Aug 11, 2013 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
Arlia said:
testlist7 said:

Can you develop ?
Dont bother.Usual troll that "hated" FSN and dropped FZ(with a lower score than FSN) and still watches another Fate/ series simply to make fun of it.

AllTJAck said:
Both reused and used wrong scenes in some cases.Hope they fix that in the TV/BD version.

FlamingYu said:
So much for

Well they are right.Archer is useless .What use is there for a bow and no projectiles.But GARcher is fucking awesome.

FlamingYu said:
Question, is Gilgamesh gonna appear in this series?

sakaAug 11, 2013 6:58 PM
Aug 11, 2013 9:48 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was something more than perfect!!!!!!!!!!! maybe the definition of perfection!! Saber will always be my favorite Servant!!!!! i love her nobel phantasm, i love everything about her!!! And damn the scene with the two Excalibur was so good!!!! i hope that someone will upload a video of this fight on youtube *_*

My friend code: 0688 - 6300 - 6898
Aug 11, 2013 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
What was that?! I can't even...

I was literally tearing up during the fight scene from all that EPICNESS!!! And this is with LQ?!?! How the hell will i feel when watching at HQ???? O_O

Like everyone said DAT ANIMATION, DAT OST, DAT ARCHER ILLYA, DAT EVERYTHING!!!

I can die in peace now T^T
Aug 11, 2013 10:39 AM

Jul 2013
Best episode yet! Archer Illya vs Saber Alter O_O THAT WAS FRIGGIN AWESOME XD

Aug 11, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2011
just want to say this to the people trashing Illya Prisma

IN YOUR FACE

now to wait for the fanservice and Berserker fight...
sakaAug 11, 2013 7:02 PM
Aug 11, 2013 10:56 AM

Jun 2010
I was in awe the whole time after she transformed O.O
Aug 11, 2013 11:05 AM

Apr 2010
This was pretty much the part i was waiting for and Ilya fighting looked even better then in the manga.
Rin and Luvia didn't looked that surprised but they are ow it's just waiting for what will happen next.
Aug 11, 2013 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
OK WHO SAID DAT THIS SERIES IS RUBBISH??

just cause this series appeared to be bad... dosen't mean the quality itself is bad, i really hope more of u scored after u watched 3/4 of an anime rather than scoring based on ur first assumption.

AND FOR THE EPISODE.

NO WORD.
Aug 11, 2013 12:12 PM

Jul 2010
Illya Archer > Emiya Archer

Silverlink impressed with this episode.
Aug 11, 2013 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
Elite60 said:

A huge ass pool of mana+UBW=^This
Aug 11, 2013 1:07 PM

Aug 2008
Elite60 said:

Silverlink impressed with this episode.

QFT!!

Damn, for the first time ever (I believe), we get to hear Emiya being played in a Fate anime. And it was awesome! I was kinda hoping for an "I am the bone of my sword" speech when Illya transformed, but this is OK too. This fight really reminded me of a certain ending in HF of FSN.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 11, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2012
This whole episode was just bad ass. My girl Illy is bad ass! She turned a sword into a arrow. She was making weapons with her hands. We need more shit like that to happen. Had to bump up the score. Can't wait for next episode.
Aug 11, 2013 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
Ilya is just badass now because she using GAR powers.

Anything with Archer is badass.
Aug 11, 2013 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
Antearion said:
This whole episode was just bad ass. My girl Illy is bad ass! She turned a sword into a arrow. She was making weapons with her hands. We need more shit like that to happen. Had to bump up the score. Can't wait for next episode.
Well here is a guy that saw GARcher's powers for the first time(according to his list).

If Install function gets such reactions from non FSN readers/watchers then good job Silver Link..
Aug 11, 2013 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
Second part from the fight with Saber, I was like Damn, much more excellent then the previous episode. The animation, and the action, just WOW, I was left speechless after Saber was defeated. The OST, can't stop listening to it. I want to give this score as 6/5

Aug 11, 2013 3:07 PM
Feb 2012
DAT EVERYTHING
HOW IS THIS STILL A 6.92????
Aug 11, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
That fight was just so awesome and Illya really knows hot to pull of Archer uniform
Aug 11, 2013 3:52 PM

Nov 2011
I noticed they dragged out Rin and Luvia's screen time a bit, but the fight in the second half made it all worthwhile. Archer-Ilya has some moves and double Excalibur was epic.

10/10

With any luck, someone will have the Emiya theme uploaded before next week.
Aug 11, 2013 5:08 PM

Feb 2011
THIS was the most EPIC thing I watched recently!!!! The battle was so fast that I couldn't even see some moments!!! I really, really hope that next episodes won't disappoint all of us after DAT EPICNESS!!!
Aug 11, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2008
I'm pretty sure this episode vindicated any shortcomings the rest of the series had. Fan service extends beyond bath scenes and nekomimi panty shots -- badassery and the familiar Fate franchise battles are what the fanbase really wanted. I'm glad they finally delivered it in this episode and I hope these kind of dark battles will continue. I expect that the next episode will involve some unwinding, but the promise of more like this will keep us all watching.

I am a banana.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.