Forum Settings
Forums

New Anime Project for Manga 'Break Blade' Announced

New
Aug 8, 2013 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
In the latest issue of the magazine "Da Vinci." an interview with Yoshinaga Yunosuke, the author of manga "Break Blade," was published. In it, Yoshinaga disclosed that a new anime project is in progress to adapt the manga. Earlier from 2010 to 2011, the manga was adapted into six movies. The manga is currently serialized in the web manga site "Comic Meteor" and so far, 12 volumes have been published.

Source: Mainichi

Break Blade on MAL
Sakana-sanOct 22, 2016 6:51 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2013 11:44 AM
Dec 2012
inb4 generic
inb4 another 'perfect' adaptation
inb4 fans of the original source material calls it crap
Aug 8, 2013 11:46 AM

Jul 2008
I hope they reboot it.
Aug 8, 2013 11:54 AM
Aug 2011
The ending to the last movie was awkwardly random and a bit hilarious.
Aug 8, 2013 12:16 PM

Feb 2010
I still didn't manage to get past movie 3 so bad it was.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Aug 8, 2013 12:18 PM

Oct 2012
about time.

Aug 8, 2013 12:28 PM

Mar 2012
More of Sygn shiny ass??? Sign me in.
Aug 8, 2013 12:29 PM

Apr 2011
Pretty awesome anime announcements as of late, don't you think?
Aug 8, 2013 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
Liked some of the movies, I am hyped.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Aug 8, 2013 12:40 PM

Jan 2010
Fan of the movie. Hope this one turn out good too.

Aug 8, 2013 12:42 PM

Dec 2012
While I watched the movies quite sometime back, I remember reading somewhere that the anime deviated from the manga at some point, and even though the ending of the last movie showed that they still had lots more to show, I'm wondering if they can still follow the manga properly now? That is, if it is going to be a sequel to the movies.
Aug 8, 2013 12:43 PM

Jul 2011
Movies started out engaging, but ended on an incomplete note. Hopefully the new anime project alleviates that.
Aug 8, 2013 12:52 PM

Oct 2007
Oh yes. Great news!
Aug 8, 2013 12:57 PM

Mar 2008
2nd half of movie fucked up the story. Hope they do a reboot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2013 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
Good to hear, I hope they will do a proper adaptation now. As far as I remember first 3 episodes were good but in the second half of 4th they went complete bollocks with fillers and lame alterations serving no point. Seriously, battle in the capital and the stunt defenders pulled off were mind blowing but they decided to scrap the original and make this horrendous anime ending.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 8, 2013 1:06 PM

Jun 2012
I have only seen the anime so I cant compare it to the manga but I though it was good. I'm glad to hear this.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 8, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2012
Do a reboot and make girge the main character.
Aug 8, 2013 1:08 PM

May 2010
Another movie? Lol a better ending to the 6th I suppose
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 8, 2013 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
I'm wet.
Aug 8, 2013 1:21 PM

Nov 2010
Hopefully this will be better. The movies were boring and ended bad. I really wanted to like it.
Aug 8, 2013 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
Great news. I hope they follow the manga.
Aug 8, 2013 1:38 PM

Jan 2008
Please don't CG the mechas.
Aug 8, 2013 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
Pls no CGI.
Aug 8, 2013 1:50 PM

Oct 2007
the movies weren't perfect (the manga was still in the midst of things when it was being adapted) but you'll never hear me complain about the industry throwing me a mecha bone. I can only imagine if MAL bitched half as much about your dime a dozen sol series as it does literally anything mecha oriented. it's like as soon as you have that factor in there yourflaws become magnified exponentially and pointed out in the most ovee the top way possible at every opportunity.

VanishingKira said:
Been meaning to watch the movies,although reading the comment about them doesn't sound like they were that good.

or you know maybe people just complain more about certain genres. See that's what I really hate, its no wonder mecha gets such a bad rap these days cause the negativity is self feeding at this point and it gives people really innacurate impressions. If this fanbase were a snake it'd be eating its own tail right now.
PeacingOutAug 8, 2013 1:56 PM
Aug 8, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2008
I'm only at movie 3 and I thought it was the best one yet. Shows I can't trust the MAL community, I need to watch everything myself.
Aug 8, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2007
Ero-Camel said:
I'm only at movie 3 and I thought it was the best one yet. Shows I can't trust the MAL community, I need to watch everything myself.

Smart philosophy. If I took Mals advice on everything all I'd ever watch is Romantic Comedy and Iyashikei simply because that fanbase tends to be more positive on average here and it gives the impression if taken at face value that those shows are always amazing if not flawless. Can't take recommendations anymore, gotta watch things and decide for myself.
Aug 8, 2013 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
the movies weren't perfect (the manga was still in the midst of things when it was being adapted) but you'll never hear me complain about the industry throwing me a mecha bone. I can only imagine if MAL bitched half as much about your dime a dozen sol series as it does literally anything mecha oriented.
Actually there were very few Slice of Life series in recent years, most of things people tend to call slice of life are just romantic comedies or school comedies or boring action series. I'd appreciate if people stopped calling everything slow paced or boring slice of life...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 8, 2013 2:38 PM

Oct 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I can only imagine if MAL bitched half as much about your dime a dozen sol series as it does literally anything mecha oriented.
Take off your IncredibleBiasGoggles, not a single person complained about mecha in this thread. Why do you have to be so delusional?
Aug 8, 2013 2:46 PM

Nov 2011
It's been awhile since I've seen the Break Blade films but....this sure is something I'm interested in.

And this:
Paul said:
Please don't CG the mechas.
Aug 8, 2013 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
Finished all 6 movies few days ago and loved them, looking forward to this.
Aug 8, 2013 2:48 PM

Oct 2012
Sounds good. I really need to catch up to the manga first though.
KoybzAug 8, 2013 2:56 PM
Aug 8, 2013 2:52 PM

Jan 2011
2_Steps_Ahead said:

Didn't Rygart become Girge already?
[center]
Aug 8, 2013 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
Antanaru said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
the movies weren't perfect (the manga was still in the midst of things when it was being adapted) but you'll never hear me complain about the industry throwing me a mecha bone. I can only imagine if MAL bitched half as much about your dime a dozen sol series as it does literally anything mecha oriented.
Actually there were very few Slice of Life series in recent years, most of things people tend to call slice of life are just romantic comedies or school comedies or boring action series. I'd appreciate if people stopped calling everything slow paced or boring slice of life...

Eh I agree but it's honestly become so common place that it's easier just to say that because everyone knows what you're talking about anyway.

Take off your IncredibleBiasGoggles, not a single person complained about mecha in this thread. Why do you have to be so delusional?

I love that I am the sole one that is biased and delusional in all cases here. I mean I don't for a second pretend not to have preferences and certain leanings that tend to tip my opinion in a direction more often than not, but that just blows my mind.

In any case you and jmal need to start reading the actual content of my posts instead of just what you want to hear. I said MAL complains about literally anything mecha related more often than not compared to other genres. Don't believe me, maybe actually try going into a mecha series thread and reading the tone then compare it to say any reasonably popular Romantic Comedy series threads and then tell my on my profile you can't see the difference in how people initially react to like anything that happens in them.

VioLink said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

Didn't Rygart become Girge already?

Yeah that's kind of how things work. Cool experienced Sempai has to die teaching the MC a valuable lesson so that one day he can actually become as cool. It's a classic trope really and you can see it in the likes of the original Macross right up until the likes of Gurren Lagann.

Anyway my request for a reboot would be to give Sigyn something more to do other than hang around with Kana Hanazawa's character in lingerie while looking hawt and occasionally cooking up some crazy contraption for the Delphinus. They spent so much time focusing on what she was doing during the middle portions of the story and a lot of it came across as filler that slowed down the narrative considerably.
PeacingOutAug 8, 2013 2:56 PM
Aug 8, 2013 3:07 PM

Sep 2011
Uhm... Maybe I'll start to watch the movies.
Aug 8, 2013 3:12 PM
Jan 2010
This is pretty good news as far as I'm concerned, I liked the movies (even though 5 and 6 were nowhere near as good).
Aug 8, 2013 3:28 PM

May 2011
I didn't find the movies that good but will keep an eye out for this project.
Aug 8, 2013 3:33 PM
Aug 2012
I liked the movies and anything more mecha is always welcome. I hope this turns out well reboot/sequel...........anything is fine by me.

Ero-Camel said:

Dude just watch the things MAL community hates with all they got, they usually turn out pretty well in most of the cases.

Aug 8, 2013 3:43 PM

Apr 2011
This is really good news. I loved the movies. Also NO CGI keep the drawn mecha please.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Aug 8, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2010
I really enjoyed the first movie series. I hope that this new project is something similar so that they can keep up the excellent quality. It would be a shame to turn it into a poorly done TV series with no budget.
Ok™
Aug 8, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2010
Really?!? About time saw all movie ,can't wait !!!
Aug 8, 2013 4:08 PM

Jun 2009
What a coincidence, just finished watching movie 6 yesterday. Well, the ending was kinda meh, lets hope they will stay true to the manga at this time. Or else, pretty good and enjoyable mecha series!

Aug 8, 2013 4:11 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome news! Still have yet to watch the rest of the movies and I love it~ So glad it's getting a series, this time following the manga. Really really hope it's good.

Aug 8, 2013 5:03 PM

Oct 2012
That's great news.

The movies had the potential to be great but various aspects felt incomplete (particularly with regards to a certain character).

Will definitely watch this.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Aug 8, 2013 5:05 PM

Jul 2013
Watched the movies some time ago, first half was interesting but the second half was so-so. I hope they'll do a reboot and just follow the manga this time.

Anyone have any idea how the story progression in the manga is, is it near the end or still far off? I don't want to read it yet since I don't want to spoil myself :>

Aug 8, 2013 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
I am very Excited for this. Loved the Original.
Aug 8, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2010
Was always on the fence about starting the movies, maybe I'll give the anime a whirl.
Aug 8, 2013 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
The ending was a little > >

But it was a legit movie series. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Twas eye candy with a good narrative...until the events leading up to the end.
Aug 8, 2013 6:53 PM

Oct 2011
Ehx said:
I'm wet.
Lol XD
Aug 8, 2013 7:15 PM

Jul 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I liked the movies and anything more mecha is always welcome. I hope this turns out well reboot/sequel...........anything is fine by me.

Ero-Camel said:

Dude just watch the things MAL community hates with all they got, they usually turn out pretty well in most of the cases.

I plan to watch Gundam Seed & Destiny after I'm done with Break Blade.
Aug 8, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2007
EasyGo-er said:
Watched the movies some time ago, first half was interesting but the second half was so-so. I hope they'll do a reboot and just follow the manga this time.

Anyone have any idea how the story progression in the manga is, is it near the end or still far off? I don't want to read it yet since I don't want to spoil myself :>

Again a lot of this has to do with the manga not being very far along. It's really obvious a lot of times when this is the case. Of course exceptions like Magi exist where they burnt through a perfectly good manga with 100+ chapters worth of material for no explicable reason only to announce another season only a year later.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.