Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 20, 2013 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy crap, I miss Keiko.

I will also say that the OST was brilliant. I didn't expect it from this series tbh, neither a spirit Hato.
Oh and Sue ftw.
Stark700Jul 20, 2013 11:37 AM
Jul 20, 2013 9:29 AM
Dec 2012
LOL@the flying girl. That execution of his inner self was interesting. Also LOL@ED

Overall it was enjoyable. But I still wonder where the series is headed. It feels like it's a show about the trap so far.
Jul 20, 2013 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
Bake reference is fine but Eva reference needs to be censored I guess

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 20, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2010
Funny episode.

Sue is <3 Just loving her too much.

Hato's girl spirit personality is hilarious and HOT!! -_-

Madarame is really such a nice guy.
Jul 20, 2013 1:19 PM

Feb 2012
whoa ... was it me or did I just hear a song performed by hatsune miku at 7.46 min?? xD
Jul 20, 2013 1:41 PM

May 2013
Funny episode.
Jul 20, 2013 2:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nice dynamics in this episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 20, 2013 2:23 PM
Jul 2013
can anyone tell me the name of that song at 7:46 i think its really cool
Jul 20, 2013 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was amazing. When Madarame closed the door and music started playing I got chills and I watched it couple times. That's why i love Genshiken! Who know what was the name of that song?
Jul 20, 2013 2:39 PM

Jan 2008
Please no homo desu wa... please no...
Jul 20, 2013 2:46 PM

Apr 2011
I'm loving this season. It's too bad barely anyone is going to watch this show... I have to admit I was a bit surprised by Madarame's accepting Hato so easily, but I'm glad he did. The joke about Hato's feminine side being his stand made me crack up. It's an interesting way to show his inner thoughts debating on how he feels he should act. Oh and Kanji's little sister seems like she'll be a fun character.
Jul 20, 2013 2:56 PM

Apr 2011
It's because they did all the details of the plug suit, which I assume are heavily copyrighted. While that figure had differences. It probably was more just cause "she has the actual Evangelion plug suit" rather then using a knock off to reference it. I don't know.

The Bakemonogatari line isn't copyrighted, and they use a different name obviously.
Jul 20, 2013 3:17 PM

Nov 2012
Lol, loving all the Nise and Bake references, but man did that ep fly past quick, I know I say it a lot but woah this time I was like... What this can't be over already. Always liked Madarame, forget about her date Sue, her light blue eyes are gorgeous even in comedy mode XD

Jul 20, 2013 3:41 PM

Jun 2013
Madarame is awesome, definitely one of my favorite characters.
Jul 20, 2013 3:49 PM

Nov 2007
Keiko... Madarame's love story touched. The song when thinking about Saki kind of like voicaliod's song! lol @ "nice". Finally Hato male's voice! Nice conversation between him and sempai, who shows how reliable he is in front of Hato.

lol @ Keiko! and that title for next ep.! Preparing for Komifes!
tsubasaloverJul 27, 2013 4:07 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 20, 2013 5:29 PM
Oct 2007
What was Susana talking about when she ran in on Sasahara and Madarame? An awl, penknife, and a potlid...Battle Royal?
Jul 20, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2010
First half was suberb
Is Hato crushing on Mada? :o
Lmao fapping to BL
Jul 20, 2013 6:32 PM

Mar 2009
Ehh I don't like this nearly as such as the previous Genshiken anime. I'm not really finding it funny at all. I probably won't drop it though, because it still is Genshiken after all.
Jul 20, 2013 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
Poor Madarame, still hopelessly in love with someone else's girl. I'm not sure if the other male members of Genshiken would have picked it up, since they seem to be pretty clueless, but Saki may have known. I'm liking this edition even more than the first two seasons much to my surprise.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 20, 2013 7:08 PM

Apr 2013
LOL way to be subtle Madarame...
Jul 20, 2013 8:02 PM

May 2012
How I wish Saki was there. The unrequited love of Madarame still goes on and it's really fun to watch especially when Sasahara's little sister was teasing him. And when he closed the door and that Saki flashback...
Jul 21, 2013 12:39 AM

Jan 2013
Def. the best ep thus far of this new series, though I still do miss Madarame's old voice which would've made his freak out moments in this so much funnier imo.

And that bonus scene at the end with Sasahara's lil' sister....SO GOOD!
bakaboyJul 21, 2013 12:59 AM

Jul 21, 2013 1:11 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, I really love the story between Madarame and Hato. Wouldn't be too far of to have BL in a show about a club of BL-fans. ALso it would be nice for a change. I tried yaoi now and then, but it went fast all too arkward. This was really nice, without them falling over each other after five minutes.
Jul 21, 2013 1:31 AM

May 2008
Do i hear vocaloid OST in this episode????
Jul 21, 2013 2:08 AM
Jul 2013
WHAT SONG IS THATTT!!!!????!! AT 7:46!!!!!!!!
Jul 21, 2013 2:38 AM

Jul 2012
Buk_Lau said:
WHAT SONG IS THATTT!!!!????!! AT 7:46!!!!!!!!

I want to know too!
Jul 21, 2013 4:50 AM

Sep 2011
LOL. i am slowly falling for the trap called Hato[/]!!!!

LafterJul 21, 2013 4:57 AM
Jul 21, 2013 5:12 AM

Aug 2009
Yay, finally some more Madarame :D
Fire Emblem Heroes - 9261576256
Jul 21, 2013 7:05 AM

Oct 2009
I miss you, Madarame!
I want more harassment from Sue!
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jul 21, 2013 11:15 AM
Jul 2013
I think we're all gonna be gay for Hato in the end. I can surely say that I am already. Fuck.

BlackOddJul 21, 2013 11:24 AM
Jul 21, 2013 11:18 AM

Jan 2013
I'm surprised by how much I like this.
Haven't seen the other seasons, I might have to now.
Jul 21, 2013 3:53 PM

Aug 2010
Madarame is K-on fag? Superb!
Jul 21, 2013 3:53 PM

May 2011
I loved, loved, loved all the Madarame in this episode... but I still don't think I'll ever be able to get over the voice change, since I loved his original one so much. It's probably quite silly, but all the voice changes in this season really put a damper on my enjoyment of the show. Oh well.

Jul 21, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
LIquId4T0r said:
He also seem to like Milky Holmes.

I wonder if he is also mad regarding Futari Milky Holmes.
Jul 21, 2013 7:45 PM

May 2012
zeroryoko1974 said:
What was Susana talking about when she ran in on Sasahara and Madarame? An awl, penknife, and a potlid...Battle Royal?

nah monogatari reference.
Jul 21, 2013 9:18 PM

Dec 2007
Ahh This was the episode I was looking forward too! Madarame is too cute! I really like him with Hato-kun, but I feel that it would never happen. Madarame seemed too relax with Hato as a boy, I think he's definitely straight. I can't help but feel I am like that inner girl of Hato's, seeing the BL in everything...

My heart was swooning when Madarame was cooking and acting so cool! Ugh!!

Saki and Madarame is the best but... I guess that won't happen either... it's sad T_T
Jul 21, 2013 9:49 PM

Apr 2013
You can see a crap load of different animes in this series like Holy cow! haha and Madarame...
Jul 21, 2013 9:58 PM

Oct 2010
Man i m so loving this anime ...
Jul 22, 2013 6:27 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, I watch this moment when Madarame close the door over and over again! It's both so sad and funny. Knowing what manga will bring it's even sadder. I want to hear full version of this song!!
Jul 22, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2012
Frontalbrise said:
LIquId4T0r said:
Well, you can also see Ika-musume poster, and the figures have fate/stay night, bakemonogatari, miku and a bunch of other stuff. He has a broad taste. Also I have the seiyuu reference -- I am sure Madarame was referring to Noto Mamiko when he talked about Hato's girl voice.

I just love how they spent a lot of time developing Madarame and Hato's characters in this episode. I watched the second half three times !!

Really the acting of the seiyuu is just great and all the amazing given many of them are quite new in their career -- Keiko, Su, Hato (both girl and guy voices) have all done really well, particularly Kakuma Ai voicing Hato's girl voice.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 22, 2013 8:17 AM

Sep 2011
Frontalbrise said:
LIquId4T0r said:

I wonder if he is also mad regarding Futari Milky Holmes.

i also spotted a Shinryaku poster~!
Jul 22, 2013 10:19 AM

Apr 2010
Ahahaha Keiko would make a great Asuka.

Jul 22, 2013 10:39 AM

Dec 2008
Anyone knows if I can find all the references to other animes explained anywhere?
Jul 22, 2013 11:08 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Frontalbrise said:
LIquId4T0r said:
Well, you can also see Ika-musume poster, and the figures have fate/stay night, bakemonogatari, miku and a bunch of other stuff. He has a broad taste. Also I have the seiyuu reference -- I am sure Madarame was referring to Noto Mamiko when he talked about Hato's girl voice.

I just love how they spent a lot of time developing Madarame and Hato's characters in this episode. I watched the second half three times !!

Really the acting of the seiyuu is just great and all the amazing given many of them are quite new in their career -- Keiko, Su, Hato (both girl and guy voices) have all done really well, particularly Kakuma Ai voicing Hato's girl voice.

I think the figure of the naked cat/wolf girl is supposed to be Holo. It looks a lot like it to me, but who knows.
Jul 22, 2013 6:31 PM

Sep 2011
great episode <3!! the dish that madarame made looked delicious hato x mada is a great pair
Jul 24, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2008
bakaboy said:
Def. the best ep thus far of this new series, though I still do miss Madarame's old voice which would've made his freak out moments in this so much funnier imo.

And that bonus scene at the end with Sasahara's lil' sister....SO GOOD!

I have to agree with what is said above, also thanks for the parody videos on youtube, they're entertaining.

I don't remember the bonus scene in the manga, it maybe an anime only thing, but would add a new dimension to the mada x keiko dynamic.
It appears that the episodes are taking two chapters each, which gives the anime a lot to work with, and enough possibly for a second season.
I can understand that some former fans of the previous seasons don't like the change of focus from anime-fandom from the point of view of the opposite gender, but girl fans are just as much of the fandom as guy fans, and as this anime is about looking at anime fandom, it makes sense that there'd be a change in focus eventually, that being said, not all anime girl otakus are "rotten" girls, and the original from the previous seasons, were more balanced in the type of anime fans out there. I guess new group different dynamic.
Jul 25, 2013 4:41 PM

Jun 2007
rodac said:
I'm not sure if the other male members of Genshiken would have picked it up, since they seem to be pretty clueless, but Saki may have known.

When I read the manga, I had the same reaction: at the very least, the male members were so clueless about their own love lives that they'd never have guessed on their own. Not buying that EVERYONE knew. I guess MAYBE Ohno knew, and that's why she pulled Madarame aside in the no-text 54th chapter of the manga to show him the cosplay photos, but I'd never thought of that until now. I liked that it was Madarame's secret, and that even Saki and her perceptive eye for love hadn't caught on due to it being herself in the crosshairs.

This is the only part(s) of the new Genshiken I really liked, btw. Madarame has always been something of a secret main character, in my eyes--as if he's the reflection of the author with his otakuness. And his unrequited love for Saki, as she inexplicably stuck with the alien that is Kohsaka ( w/e) long after the "HE'S HAWT!" phase wore thin, always got the most emotional reaction outta me as far as Genshiken goes. ALL THREE OF THE MADAXSAKI MANGA CHAPTERS FROM THE ORIGINAL RUN = BEST OF GENSHIKEN! The only way restarting Genshiken would be redeemed is if the evolution of Mada and Saki's characters can be concluded by them hooking up... but I can't see it happening since Saki is *STILL* with the alien... :/ It's more likely that Mada will go gay, but hey: the emphasis being placed on Mada's feelings for Saki means it might not be completely hopeless.
Jul 25, 2013 8:42 PM

Sep 2009
FORGET IT! I'm gonna call it and say this is the best episode of the Anime Season.
Jul 27, 2013 7:08 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode, a whole episode about Madarame were fantastic. Not into BL, but it's nice to see Madarame's affection to Saki. Hope more episodes will be about that. Hato's spirit was a lot more fanservy than in the manga too, lol.

9/10 for this episode. Loved the Lucky Star figurines and the flashback of the old Genshiken members. Finally used to Madarame's new voice too.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Jul 28, 2013 6:28 AM

Jul 2012
If Madarame didn't show up, show would end up beeing an utter dissapointment so far. When I watched 1st two episodes I was slightly pissed of how it was, even dare to say, boring.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

89 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 2, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

91 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

38 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.