Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 20, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2011
The story may not be the best ever,but the anime is really fun.I definitely won't be dropping this
Apr 20, 2013 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Anyone else notice the epic foreshadowing with the figure of Yoshino when the go to the arcade? She is in the right hand side. I was so thrilled to see that because it was suddenly raining and everything and then there was Yoshino.... I should stop. :/

Apr 20, 2013 11:57 AM

Apr 2011
Love this episode!!!

Apr 20, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2012
Not a bad episode by any means but the ending felt so rushed.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 20, 2013 2:06 PM

Oct 2012
How the heck did they brought him back?

But this episode was nice, I like this anime :)
Apr 20, 2013 2:32 PM

Mar 2012
Wut what's that power he got there?
Keep moving forward
Apr 20, 2013 2:45 PM

Feb 2011
Amazing episode <3 Tohka is just ... AAAAAAAA xD
Apr 20, 2013 2:54 PM

Dec 2009
Just loved seeing Tohka in a date with Shido! Eating and having fun while discovering the wonders of this world that she doesn't know about.
Being extremely happy, always smiling and enjoying herself. So freakin cute!!! >///<

I already love this couple and might fall for the anime more and more!
Apr 20, 2013 4:20 PM

Apr 2011
So how did he survive a .50 Cal to the side again?
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Apr 20, 2013 5:11 PM
Apr 2013
Tohka In This Episode Soo Cute When Eating Those Food
Apr 20, 2013 6:03 PM

Dec 2011
This was actually a rather decent dating episode.
Apr 20, 2013 6:29 PM

Jul 2009
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
MIND = BLOWN.
DAT END.
Apr 20, 2013 7:40 PM

Aug 2010
Amazing episode. I just love this show.

Tohka <3. The kiss scene was nice.

Looks like next episode we got another cute girl joining us. I'm looking forward to Kurumi's appearance. She looks pretty interesting.
Ragna92Apr 20, 2013 7:47 PM
Apr 20, 2013 8:09 PM

Oct 2012
is it become romance, comedy genre? (iknowitinthefirstplace) lol..
btw, not very good ep but enjoyable...

Apr 20, 2013 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
one thing saving this show they got me with Tohka :3 She reminds me of Saber and whenever she calls Shido's name i hear Shirou :P.

And i know i shouldn't expect some grand explanation but how the hell did he live from a 50.Cal and then end up falling from the sky?
Apr 20, 2013 8:44 PM

Mar 2012
katsu044 said:
one thing saving this show they got me with Tohka :3 She reminds me of Saber and whenever she calls Shido's name i hear Shirou :P.

And i know i shouldn't expect some grand explanation but how the hell did he live from a 50.Cal and then end up falling from the sky?
For your information he was thrown from the airship.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 20, 2013 10:20 PM

Dec 2010
Oh no! I'm really disappointed the imouto stopped verbally abusing the main character. It's too bad since that's the only reason why I still watched.
Apr 20, 2013 11:20 PM

May 2011
Oh god Tohka is just too cute for my own health <3. She's gotta be one of my favorite characters now. The date was pretty hilarious-and amazingly adorable-to watch. And I really liked that kiss scene at the end as well. Though I've gotta say I feel pretty bad for Origami and what she must have been feeling like after she accidentally shot Shido.

I am absolutely loving the OP. And haha at the intro saying Shido's wallet is being put to the test.
Apr 20, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2012
Tohka realy moe sugiruu~~~ she's face when play "take the bread doll" so cute haha.. looks like a cat or something? haha (y)
Apr 21, 2013 1:13 AM

Jan 2013
This is getting more stupid with each episode...

Why isn't the mecha-team working together with the sister's organization? Can they not inform them that "hey, don't shoot the spirit please, because we have other plans"?

The main guy is a typical idiot, not much to say about him.

"Even if he dies once, he gets another chance". What the hell... seriously?
Apr 21, 2013 1:17 AM

Mar 2012
Aclos said:

Why isn't the mecha-team working together with the sister's organization? Can they not inform them that "hey, don't shoot the spirit please, because we have other plans"?

They are not sister organisation they are enemy.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 21, 2013 1:24 AM

Jan 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Aclos said:

Erm... I don't really get what you mean. The sister's organization is the enemy, or the mecha team is the enemy? Because it seems to me that both of them has the same goal, and it was never implied that they would be opposing eachother. At first I even thought that the mecha team was a part of them, but then they started shooting at Tohka and the guy in the previous episode when they were just talking...
Apr 21, 2013 1:33 AM

Mar 2012
Aclos said:
NeoAnkara said:
Aclos said:

Erm... I don't really get what you mean. The sister's organization is the enemy, or the mecha team is the enemy? Because it seems to me that both of them has the same goal, and it was never implied that they would be opposing eachother. At first I even thought that the mecha team was a part of them, but then they started shooting at Tohka and the guy in the previous episode when they were just talking...
They were the oposite. One goes throught peace route one goes throught power route. Their ideal doesn't match. AST think Ratatosktr was stupid to think that they could settle this with peaceful way. And the other thing is that the existence of Ratatoskr itself is sorounded in myth and they didn't really sure that it exist or not.
Apr 21, 2013 1:45 AM

Jan 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Aclos said:
NeoAnkara said:
Aclos said:

They were the oposite. One goes throught peace route one goes throught power route. Their ideal doesn't match. AST think Ratatosktr was stupid to think that they could settle this with peaceful way. And the other thing is that the existence of Ratatoskr itself is sorounded in myth and they didn't really sure that it exist or not.

Oh, I see. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention when they explained that.
I still find it stupid that they don't even try to communicate with eachother to try to find an ideal way for both of them, or at least try to convience the other.
But at least now I understand why they are shooting at her without any consultation.
Apr 21, 2013 1:48 AM

Oct 2012
Loved this episode, I gotta admit I wasn't exactly sold on this series, as I worry she will find out about him playing her then they will fight and he will try to convince her what he did was really out of the kindness of his heart and not for the others so I thought it was going to be very predictable, but so far so good I can still see it happening. But eh it's still pretty good and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.
Apr 21, 2013 1:58 AM

Aug 2011
Well, I guess people just don't die when they are killed.
Apr 21, 2013 2:01 AM

Mar 2012
Aclos said:
NeoAnkara said:
Aclos said:
NeoAnkara said:
Aclos said:

Oh, I see. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention when they explained that.
I still find it stupid that they don't even try to communicate with eachother to try to find an ideal way for both of them, or at least try to convience the other.
But at least now I understand why they are shooting at her without any consultation.
It's okay. I thought that I need to explain stuff from LN a little so that anime only viewer will enjoy this better.
Apr 21, 2013 3:40 AM

Apr 2013
Tohka innocent girl...

She really really likes Shidou
Apr 21, 2013 6:14 AM

Jan 2013
Tohka is so cute :3
Apr 21, 2013 7:52 AM

Oct 2007
Finally, a new girl appeared and hopefully she bring something interesting to the table. Well I don't have much hope on her either since I expected more from the red girl.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 21, 2013 2:53 PM

May 2011
*sob*
I want an imouto arc. Tohka was fun though.
Apr 21, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2012
Haha, pretty funny and weird.

Tohka sure can eat a lot =o
Shidou was bleeding so much, and recovered so quickly xD
And I don't understand how the kiss made the unstable weapon sudden disappear, haha

Still, I really enjoy watching it, although Tohka really lets her guard down and the personality she shows has changed.

Apr 21, 2013 9:58 PM

May 2012
That was intense, for a minute I really tough he was dead.

I like Tohka and all but she needs to calm down, too hyper but I love how innocent she is.

And keep that imouto out of my screen pls.
Apr 22, 2013 3:43 AM

Jun 2011
I thought Kotori was heartless enough to ignore her onii-chan, but I guess not. I got a big WTF face when Shidou regenerated himself lol.

Tohka_Yatogami said:

Good kiss between Shido and Tohka at the end by the way.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 22, 2013 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
date was nice and Thoka is very cuuute ^^
Apr 22, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 2010
I expected just a random anime full of fan service but this is just awesome.
Apr 22, 2013 3:35 PM

Dec 2012
TOHKA!!! <3<3<3<3
Apr 22, 2013 11:14 PM

Nov 2007
damn how did he survive that? either way this is pretty interesting and fun to watch so far. funny how she lost her clothes at the end. Like all the characters so far.
Apr 23, 2013 12:26 AM

May 2010
The bath jokes were so repetitive...
Apr 23, 2013 12:36 AM

Apr 2011
Nothing makes sense but it's fucking awesome!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Apr 23, 2013 12:38 AM

Aug 2008
The monologue at the start of OP is hilarious.
Apr 23, 2013 1:14 AM

Feb 2012
Nice ep~

I finally got over the flaws~ Will just watch and enjoy it.
Apr 23, 2013 3:37 AM

Jan 2012
What the...?!?! Oh well.. of course the protagonist will not die in the first episodes right LOL
Apr 23, 2013 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
Red is 3 times faster.

This line cracks me up. Char is proud.
Apr 23, 2013 10:53 AM

Jun 2010
Cashdaxxx said:
WTF
Apr 23, 2013 2:09 PM

Jun 2009
Man, I feel bad for Origami.

I don't know if she really thinks she is going out with Shido based on a practice confession that Shido did to her on the previous episode or she thinks he is not serious with it. If it's latter, it's okay but if it's the former that's terrible.

He is basically cheating and making out with another girl in front of her.
Apr 24, 2013 6:27 AM
Mar 2010
Tohka is so cute and Shidou coming back to life did not surprise me.

On to the next spirit.
Apr 24, 2013 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
Well it was fun and thats what matters :D
Next episode will introduce character from PV's that actually made me want to try this anime out.Bunny gurl! can't wait.
Apr 25, 2013 10:56 AM
Sep 2011
One of the best episode till now. I loved the part when they were in the game hall. The moment that they were going to get a stuffed thingy which looked like a potato. Also in the end Tohka got naked but couldn't see her ass. Quite a dissapointment.

Hahaha i said ass, i am the coolest person in the world.
Apr 25, 2013 10:57 AM

Jan 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Cashdaxxx said:
WTF

^

The ending looks retarded, her legs are way too long. I guess they ran out of money.
Comedy was meh, and the seriousness is pretty lame. But sex sells. (◕ᴥ◕し)

Hopefully the next (couple of) episodes will be more comedic.
loliowoApr 25, 2013 11:02 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.