Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2013 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gotta love Aki's declaration this episode.

Oh damn:

And alright, I thought the ending was somewhat emotional. Decent episode overall.
Mar 7, 2013 9:07 AM
Dec 2012
Her sis is not so bad? It was tense when she stood on a cliff. Never imagined that guy would stop her. I don't know which girl lives a happier life, she or her sis.
Mar 7, 2013 1:47 PM
Apr 2010
It's only my point of view but I found Aki's Declaration ridiculous

Come on you have in front of view the guy who rotted you sister's life and the first thing you ask is
-> does she still love robots ??

I know robots are the main theme of this anime but.. i dont know its kinda wrong, it doesnt fit with the conspiracy plot which is a lot more interesting

Whatever it will certainly be an happy ending, robot fight, Gunvarel's pride restored, Aki saves her sister, Kou is erased from the network and the world is safe, everyone is happy

I hope i'm wrong... (havent checked how the visual novel ends)
god's in his heaven all's right with the world
Mar 7, 2013 4:51 PM

Nov 2007
The sister killed Kirishima?? His grudge made him control her and Airi. lol @ deciding on saving the world this way.

lol @ the place where they landed, and the only girl who knew Airi is too hypered to see her in person. Wow, it's time for everyone to work together!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 7, 2013 6:08 PM

Jun 2007
I have such a hard time liking the characters in this show. Aki just irritates the hell out of me.
Mar 7, 2013 6:29 PM
Oct 2010
how would teh 300 comitee not move on that hangar? i mean, its just a bunch of kids, some adults and all are weaponless, mostly

so kimijjima is in her mind? does she have a cybernetic brain or something? wut
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 7, 2013 6:36 PM

May 2011
This show has become unbearably painful.
Only two more episodes, thankfully.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mar 7, 2013 6:47 PM
Mar 2012
This ep disappointed me. Until now in every ep i found something that I liked, sometimes more, sometimes less. This time anything, emptiness. too much happiness, hope. I expected darkness, a sense of oppression and terror, instead it seems that the possible death of billions of people does not frighten minimally. Not to mention the ridiculous speech made by Aki. I'm disappointed for the first time in whole the show.
Mar 7, 2013 7:13 PM

Feb 2012
Dear Robotics;Notes,

You suck!

Sincerely,

A guy who never liked you to begin with, but was still shocked by how low you sunk with this episode.

P.S. I'd rather watch Chaos;Head than watch you ever again. At least that anime pretended it had a plot for the first half.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 7, 2013 7:22 PM

Aug 2011
Marvoch said:
This ep disappointed me. Until now in every ep i found something that I liked, sometimes more, sometimes less. This time anything, emptiness. too much happiness, hope. I expected darkness, a sense of oppression and terror, instead it seems that the possible death of billions of people does not frighten minimally. Not to mention the ridiculous speech made by Aki. I'm disappointed for the first time in whole the show.

Yeah I agree with you. I still like R;N but this episode was a bit too much on the hope and dreams. I just kept thinking how it was ridiculous that a robot made by a bunch of high school students (albeit a few JACXA engineers) would be able to defeat a robot engineered by pros who've graduated university.

That whole scene with all that hope just defeated the purpose of Misaki's torture thing. I mean Aki should have had a more... convincing? reaction. I personally would have been shocked.

2/5 this episode was bad.
LaciieMar 7, 2013 7:25 PM
Mar 7, 2013 7:29 PM

Jun 2011
UtsukushiiYume said:
Marvoch said:

Yeah I agree with you. I still like R;N but this episode was a bit too much on the hope and dreams. I just kept thinking how it was ridiculous that a robot made by a bunch of high school students (albeit a few JACXA engineers) would be able to defeat a robot engineered by pros who've graduated university.

2/5 this episode was bad.

I've been saying similar things since the first "it's happening" episode. It has had too many anti-climaxes...Maybe the VN is darker but the anime is not succeeding doing it, I don't know.
Mar 7, 2013 8:31 PM

Jan 2013
There's just too much to accomplish and wrap up in two episodes.
Everything was going fine up until episode 18.
Mar 7, 2013 8:35 PM

Jul 2012
Oh god, that speech. Just. No. Ugh, I was hoping for some more explanations and advancement for the last episode that just bombed us with information. Looking back, I was way too generous with how I rated the last episode as when I watched it again, it was just a mishmash of random crap.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 7, 2013 8:38 PM

Apr 2011
We'll see how this shit turns out. Also I NO LIKE BANG!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 7, 2013 8:44 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, although a little less than expected considering that there are only two more. Still, it's really intense. It was a great moment, when the students, JAXA engineers, principal, and everyone else came to help.

I wonder what will happen to Aki's sister..
5/5.

Mar 7, 2013 8:45 PM
Oct 2009
I don't see what was particularly bad about this episode... comparing to the previous episodes, at least. Aki's speech of courage, hope, robots and whatever the hell else? Completely predictable, the show's been building up this moment for a long time. Robotics;Notes is pretty much an attempt to summon all the cheesy and romantic feelings surrounding super robots (not coincidentally, Aki's character is a really strong representation of this), with a few more layers of complexity, dark themes and other subplots. In the end of the day, however, we all know how this is going to end.
Mar 7, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2010
bakades said:

Come on you have in front of view the guy who rotted you sister's life and the first thing you ask is

totally agree with u.

when Aki talk like this,I can't feel her grudge towards Kimijima Kou

and

You are talking your stupid ambition in this kind of dangerous situation?

Although,in that time,they were unable to do anything but

..juz don't talk nonsense and try to think or do sth instead of becoming a live target and losing your life for stupid reason..

I really dislike this kind of stupid "shounen" or "chunni" action when they face their enemy,this is a perfect example of dog that bark won't bite..

However thanks to parrot-chan or else Airi die because of their obtuseness..

and Kimijima is same as other stupid enemy in shounen genre that play along with main character stupid talk and eventually fail to achieve their mission due to been delayed or lack of focus ..

UtsukushiiYume said:

I think this has to do with the program that Sawada gave them.( Sawada has been developing the program to counter that big evil robot when he is in developing team)

and JAXA engineers is not some mere useless person,they must have experience and skills to get their position..

haha,but still the time is very short,so maybe the biggest "weapon" they think they can fight the evil robot is the program developed by Sawada.
groundfishMar 7, 2013 10:05 PM
Signature Removed
Mar 7, 2013 9:42 PM

Feb 2013
Flawfinder said:
Dear Robotics;Notes,

You suck!

Sincerely,

A guy who never liked you to begin with, but was still shocked by how low you sunk with this episode.

P.S. I'd rather watch Chaos;Head than watch you ever again. At least that anime pretended it had a plot for the first half.

then why are you watching it Dumbass

I don't get all this negativity if you don't like the show don't watch.

Much of this may have been predictable the last episode was the big revel.
Mar 7, 2013 10:38 PM

Nov 2011
So Misaki wasn't the evil, two-faced, backstabbing, conceited person we though her to be. Killing off 5 billion people seems a bit excessive.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 7, 2013 11:01 PM

Jan 2011
Holy shit, so the whole time Kimijima Kou was threatening/controlling Misaki ever since she was in high school. Misaki must suffered so much alone. She even tried to commit suicide but Kimijima forced her to stop. I actually really liked this episode but I can see why people dislike it. Aki's speech was very 'shounen-like' but that got me so hyped. Everyone coming together to help the Robotics Club build Gun-Pro 1 is way too awesome. God dammit, Misaki is getting mindfucked so much. Kimijima, you faggot! Dat Report 0, must be super-important. Go to them, Sister Centipede! :D
5/5
Mar 7, 2013 11:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
bakades said:

Yeah that part felt kind of off. I wonder if it happened the same way in the VN? It kind of seemed random to me, and Aki didn't even have her iru-o thing, so I have no idea what the heck she was looking at the whole time...the space next to Airi I guess =_= I don't hate Aki, but wow, that speech was just too out of place. I wish they could have written the script better. Not even the inspirational bgm could save that speech.

I like how we learn that Misaki is not really a terrible person as we all thought she was. She even tried committing suicide! I guess she really cares for Kai and Aki :/ if it was going to come to this, she should have just confessed her crime in the first place (yes I know it's difficult confessing you murdered someone...) I still feel sympathy for all the suffering she went through
Mar 7, 2013 11:06 PM

Jun 2010
What the actual fuck happened?

Why? How did this happen? This episode is so ridiculously bad. The past episodes were great. Wtf?

I thought they were fighting the Committee 300? Why is that their only focus is defeating Kimijima Kou? Where's the rest of the enemies?

Are they rushing it? Or this is just what happened in the VN?

I'm so sad right now. How the hell did the show develop from awesome to ultra bad.

1/5 sigh
Mar 7, 2013 11:09 PM

Oct 2010
That speech.. I was like... oh no.. not again..
Mar 7, 2013 11:14 PM

Sep 2011
Okay it's getting cool.

Mar 7, 2013 11:16 PM

Apr 2010
Ohey. Another bad episode of R;N. How surprising.
Mar 7, 2013 11:33 PM

Aug 2011
Erm ok, the speech about saving the world again seems a bit off and what the hell? Everything was going so good until this point, now I'm really curious if they are rushing this or if they are failing to include what the VN did good at. Though I hope they don't rush it, and they have 2 episodes left to fill with some really good materials.

Glad to see everyone reunited again, even someone I called a old hag returned with some goodies, the classmates, engineers from JAXA, more random people and Hiroba's father! I'll honestly say that I didn't expect him there. Glad to see everything working out. I guess this is where the show picks up from the first episode where we see they finally get the robot going.

2 episodes left, don't you dare disappoint me now, especially not this far.
Mar 7, 2013 11:40 PM

May 2011
Flawfinder said:
Dear Robotics;Notes,

You suck!

Sincerely,

Dear Flawfinder,

Then why did you bother watching it?
Mar 8, 2013 12:02 AM

Dec 2011
Ooh. The whole Tanegashima citizens vs. Kimijima Kou.
Really can't wait to see Gunvarrel. I wonder if they can make it slimmer like the real one? We just have to see!!

Didn't expect Sister Centipede to be the Report No. 0. I am thinking it contains a program to defeat Kimijima Kou itself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2013 12:17 AM

Aug 2012
seems the last part of this anime went guilty crown

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Mar 8, 2013 1:14 AM

Dec 2008
Did someone notice the name of program that Sawada sent to Kai?

DG297 3Rd EDITION ver. 4.11

;)
Mar 8, 2013 1:26 AM

Jun 2010
ltspfan said:
It sure did....
Mar 8, 2013 2:17 AM

Jan 2012
good to know that senomiya misaki is not the bad person..

amazing! the folks got together to build robot!!! just amazing
Mar 8, 2013 3:29 AM

Jul 2010
The story is becoming very far fetched and weird...

The base idea is good. In a nutshell; kids in the robotics club build a robot to save the world. However, the dramatic story twists are just too bizarre and kind of ruin the whole thing.
With the correct story to link the base idea to, it could've been more enjoyable, and even nostalgic..
Mar 8, 2013 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
the Epicness of RN last episode has seriously messed by Lame speech of Generic main heroine of Robotic:Notes
seriously Aki was my favorite character -_-

ltspfan said:

i'm so agree
Mar 8, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2008
Disappointing episode.
Mar 8, 2013 4:14 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Oh my god that speech couldn't have been worse and seriously when they're revealing all the revelations about Misaki and the SS Anemone, all this hope and crap comes in and blows all seriousness factor out.

The link back to their first robot is poorly done, the thing is they never showed any potential for it (namely because it didn't have any) and now they're going to throw a monopole motor in it and it's gonna kick ass.

They somewhat outlined the upcoming final two episodes together with this one (robot goes and stops the SERN missile thing and Kimijima Kou's plan), but it appears it'll be a disappointing conclusion, which is a shame considering the last few episodes were absolutely soaring and I was loving it.

Well, it's a open invitation to surprise me in the final two, since I'm shockingly disappointed right now.
Mar 8, 2013 4:36 AM
Nov 2012
yuiriko said:
Ok so I've just realized this won't be as good as Steins;Gate. But still, the ep was nice, I'll probably give the show a final score of 8/10

The problem I see is that everyone keeps putting R;N and S;G on the same level for comparisons rather than an extension of the other stories

-MgZ_ said:
What the actual fuck happened?

Why? How did this happen? This episode is so ridiculously bad. The past episodes were great. Wtf?

I thought they were fighting the Committee 300? Why is that their only focus is defeating Kimijima Kou? Where's the rest of the enemies?

Are they rushing it? Or this is just what happened in the VN?

I'm so sad right now. How the hell did the show develop from awesome to ultra bad.

1/5 sigh

But they ARE fighting the committee! Its not like all 300 will appear. Take this perspective:

C;H: We have 3 of them (Old men and Faux-Giglo)
S;G: SERN with help of FB, M40 and a few rounders
R;N: Kimijima Kou

They hide in the shadows for a reason
Mar 8, 2013 5:07 AM

Jan 2012
Sometimes I wonder if Aki understands the situation. It's all about robots with her.
I can't wait for the next episode with report 0, Sister Centipede in action.
Mar 8, 2013 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
Not a bad episode. I seen worse.

Being haunted by a ghost that can hack computer is plain suck, imagine him threatening to reveal your internet browsing history to public! I'll bury myself in a hole if that happens.

Can understand why Misaki act strange.

Its great seeing everyone came to help with building the robot, now the robot they build since the series began will finally be relevant to the plot.

Mar 8, 2013 6:05 AM

Sep 2012
It's funny seeing people say these episodes were bad compared to the other 18, when it's the exact opposite.
Mar 8, 2013 6:10 AM
Dec 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
Not a bad episode. I seen worse.

Being haunted by a ghost that can hack computer is plain suck, imagine him threatening to reveal your internet browsing history to public! I'll bury myself in a hole if that happens.

LOL The same to me.

Really love that part when lots of people come to help.

And I disagree on this will go Guilty Crown. Don't underestimate nitro+. You'll get blow away again, I've read the review of this when it came out 4-5 episodes, people said it'll be suck, but it's a different story coming to now.
Mar 8, 2013 6:47 AM

Jan 2013
It was nice seeing the whole town coming to help. I don't think this ep was bad but I read the LN spoilers. So meh. Can't wait to see how they improve that mech though.
Mar 8, 2013 6:49 AM

Feb 2013
It was plain absurd imo. The whole parrot-kun saving the day just made me want to punch a wall.
The hacking business was silly as well. I hope the last two episodes are good.
Mar 8, 2013 6:53 AM

Dec 2009
This currently makes less sense than Guilty Crown and Fractale combined.

Horrible episode.

A disaster.

Robotics;Notes is heading towards the terribad territory.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 8, 2013 6:57 AM

Jun 2011
Aki… Shut the fuck up ! Never liked her, ruining the show every goddam time.
Mar 8, 2013 7:05 AM

Feb 2013
Kay-dash said:
Aki… Shut the fuck up ! Never liked her, ruining the show every goddam time.

Aww I can't stay mad at her, when her face is so fucking kawaii~
Mar 8, 2013 7:47 AM

Jun 2011
So cheesy... I'm about to puke. I generally liked the middle-part of this show, but overall it fails.

Oh, and I utterly hated the part where everyone came to help.
Mar 8, 2013 8:27 AM

Jan 2012
That cliche "justice will triumph" speech... The whole episode was so cheesy and cliche... Not that I expected anything else...
Mar 8, 2013 8:48 AM

Jun 2011
I don't understand why everybody says this episode is bad. Aki's speech? Well, you know, she's a light-hearted, optimistic girl and she REALLY loves robots. Haven't you ever love something?
And it's the first time I see a character in science;adventures damning the Commitee of 300 (as far as I can remember, at least). This shows that she's really strong. Probably she's not the best character in the world, but hey, Aki's not that bad.

It seems that everybody has to die in a series to be good. I don't see it like that.
The problem is that you want another Steins;Gate-like series. And I don't want that, honestly. For me, another "Steins;Gate" with other setting would have been really boring and repetitive. And I like Robotics;Notes for what it is, no for what it is if we compare it to Steins;Gate, because I love both shows (and also Chaos;Head VN); I'm a "science adventure" fan, after all, and I'm loving all the conexions and references they're making in R;N.

For me, this was a good episode. I'm really enjoying R;N.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Mar 8, 2013 10:02 AM

Jun 2011
ClaraLiteraria said:
I don't understand why everybody says this episode is bad. Aki's speech? Well, you know, she's a light-hearted, optimistic girl and she REALLY loves robots. Haven't you ever love something?
And it's the first time I see a character in science;adventures damning the Commitee of 300 (as far as I can remember, at least). This shows that she's really strong. Probably she's not the best character in the world, but hey, Aki's not that bad.

It seems that everybody has to die in a series to be good. I don't see it like that.
The problem is that you want another Steins;Gate-like series. And I don't want that, honestly. For me, another "Steins;Gate" with other setting would have been really boring and repetitive. And I like Robotics;Notes for what it is, no for what it is if we compare it to Steins;Gate, because I love both shows (and also Chaos;Head VN); I'm a "science adventure" fan, after all, and I'm loving all the conexions and references they're making in R;N.

For me, this was a good episode. I'm really enjoying R;N.

^This. Nothing more to say.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.