Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 23, 2013 12:42 AM

Dec 2012
ANATAnoTOMODACHI said:
How Eita manages to resist snatching his notebook back, I don't know.. unless of course, he enjoys being with Masazu (^.^)

masazu made other copies she said that in ep 1 .
Jan 23, 2013 6:15 AM

Oct 2009
Man, I love this 'osananajimi' trope. From this series title we should realized the purpose of this anime.
Means that both will fight for Eita affection to the very end.

tsudecimo said:
ANATAnoTOMODACHI said:
How Eita manages to resist snatching his notebook back, I don't know.. unless of course, he enjoys being with Masazu (^.^)

I doubt that book is the main reason he stays, it is because Masazu eccentric personality charmed him much to his own denial (like the ep.2 pantsu thing).

TheJayP said:
If this show is focused on badly executed embarrassing shenanigans and a ton of forced melodrama then I think I'll drop this soon or just use it to fall asleep because it is really boring. The writer is a huge hit and miss. I was kind of excited because she wrote Ano Hana and Toradora but this looks like one of her misses.

I'll give it another episode or two before I decide to drop or not.

Well, AnoHana is started slow, I even consider dropping it before because of the pace. I say, give em a chance. Also the Light Novel and Manga seems to be sold very well, so probably this will be a good show.
azzuReJan 23, 2013 6:23 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 23, 2013 6:25 AM

Dec 2012
azzuRe said:
tsudecimo said:
ANATAnoTOMODACHI said:

I doubt that book is the main reason he stays, it is because Masazu eccentric personality charmed him much to his own denial (like the ep.2 pantsu thing).

so far eita doesn't seem that much charmed at all , pants thing? lol he just blushed
Does that mean if any girl flashed you will start have feelings for her .-. ?
Jan 23, 2013 6:46 AM

Oct 2009
tsudecimo said:
azzuRe said:
tsudecimo said:
ANATAnoTOMODACHI said:

so far eita doesn't seem that much charmed at all , pants thing? lol he just blushed

The fact that he did not turn his head to look elsewhere is the key.
Eita, a man who previously able to avert his heart completely from love, cannot back down from Masuzu seduction. It is his reaction (probably gap-moe) that makes Masuzu trusted him.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 23, 2013 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
azzuRe said:
tsudecimo said:
azzuRe said:
tsudecimo said:
ANATAnoTOMODACHI said:

The fact that he did not turn his head to look elsewhere is the key.
Eita, a man who previously able to avert his heart completely from love, cannot back down from Masuzu seduction. It is his reaction (probably gap-moe) that makes Masuzu trusted him.

omg just because he said he doesn't want love in his life doesn't mean he is gay or asexual ........
Jan 23, 2013 9:52 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:

Me? No, but I WOULD suddenly become VERY curious about this woman who was being very "friendly" to me.
Jan 23, 2013 6:00 PM

Mar 2008
Wordsmith said:
Strike three and out.

Not even Yukarin's angelic voice could save this anime from mediocrity, sadly.

When I feel bored and have to force myself to continue watching not even 10min into the episode, dropping is the only viable option.

So, have fun everyone, while I will have fun elsewhere.

PS: That one girl, whatsherfaceagain, the "girlfriend", she really should get a troll mask for her BDay

Tamura Yukari's voice can save anything! I haven't been bored with the series, but to each their own I suppose. I'm enjoying Masuzu and Chiwa. I spoiled myself a bit with the manga and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 24, 2013 2:57 PM

Aug 2011
Really enjoyed this one. More time with Chiwa. I was welling up during the medical science scene. It's sort of a silly dream but I can't deny that his compassion was genuine.
Jan 24, 2013 10:27 PM

May 2012
Better than I expected, will keep watching.
Jan 24, 2013 11:48 PM

Mar 2012
Boring on the 1st half part but better at the 2nd part.. 4/5
Keep moving forward
Jan 25, 2013 1:38 AM
Feb 2011
Well, next episode will conclude volume 1. If anyone feels like dropping it, my suggestion is to wait until episode 4. At least that's what novel readers normally do, finish v1 first before making a decision to drop it or not ^^.
Jan 25, 2013 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
Suddenly it's the guy's fault.
Bitches please.
Jan 25, 2013 11:02 PM

May 2011
The way Kita reacts when Masuzu reads his notebook is hilarious lmao.

That flashback was really nice to watch.
Feb 9, 2013 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
It's always the same type of story with these harem themed anime. The male protagonist is always the dense type but I guess that it wouldn't work out any other way.

Otherwise we would get School Days (not that I would complain.)
Feb 15, 2013 5:23 AM

Jul 2009
I can't see this being at all good, until episode 6/7+

I'm not sure, if to just skip to that completely or try and watch it up to that?

I really did enjoy the manga for this anime.

but it just isn't doing it for me right now.
Feb 28, 2013 8:21 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome :D Lol their classmates thought that it was just a comedy skit, Masuzu heart broken XD

The drama here was really well done, unlike those of Sakurasou. It's better than Sakurasou for me.. and.. Hopefully Chiwa will be the ending girl, it would be sweet if someone you love and someone who loves you is working hard to help/cure you.. :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 15, 2013 12:42 AM

Sep 2012
I feel really sorry for Chiwa...
Apr 20, 2013 10:17 PM

Oct 2011
The skit was really funny xD Everyone watching them and then praising them for the brilliant comedy skit.. breaking Masuzu's and Chiwa's heart with those words xD

Chiwa was cute this episode (at least in the flashback) but I prefer Masuzu over her
Jun 12, 2013 12:40 PM

May 2012
That drama was pure gold! Really liked that they also added that slight backstory, but yea you could already see she wasn't happy that dude actually accepted her love letter... well lets see what will happen next!
Jun 13, 2013 7:31 AM
Jul 2018

Eita mentioning Newtype and mobile suit. XDD Gundam preferences FTW.
Eita is such a jerk. Why can't he even notice?!
Oct 6, 2013 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
The dragonball scene.... "Her power is over 10,000.. no, 12,000!"
and the kamehameha..

I lol'd so hard
Dec 16, 2013 11:02 PM

Mar 2012
Hmm....surprisingly early for the breakdown isn't it? Oh well, so far, not so amazing....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 2, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2013
Until this point i thought the anime was mediocre at best, but not dropworthy. However the nearly flawless parody of DBZ was awesome, with Goku landing on Namek, and assessing the major forces he would have to contend with, both allies and enemies, including the reference to the very small power level (Gohan on the verge of dying after his battle with Recoome). Then it skipped ahead to the battle with Ginyu, mainly the amazing power up scene showing off Goku's 100x Gravity training before arriving on Namek (one of my favorite power up scenes from the show), and Ginyu's frantic scouter reading as the number kept increasing (the numbers were off by 10x probably in order to not be TOO ACCURATE, although this can confuse false DBZ fans into thinking its a reference of over 9000/8000), with 100,000 being a major number, and 120,000 being outright panic since that trumped Ginyu's max reading. They even nail close to my favorite line when Goku says "Just to be clear, I can momentarily put out much much more power".

In short for any True DBZ Fan the scene should have been incredible.

first 5/5 ,
automatic +1 to whatever my final rating would have been.
May 20, 2014 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, I thought that it was weird that she was trying so much to date somone she barely knew while they were making it obvious that she liked Eita...

So we got a little background on Eita and Chiwa. I thought that Chihuahua was a nickname that was more to mock her since Chihuahua are known for being annoying dogs, but it look like she's the one who started it or at least accepted it xD

I don't really understand what Masuzu is trying to do. Is she just mean or she have ulterior motive?

Damn, I was cringing so much during that sketch scene :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 24, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
Wasn't the leg breaking thing just a scene from the past?
Jul 8, 2014 4:44 AM

Sep 2011
Densest fucking protag I've ever seen in my life. Even a retard would've been able to pick up on Chiwa's feelings. Instantly dropped.
Sep 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Jun 2014
MasterQuest said:
Wasn't the leg breaking thing just a scene from the past?
Yea, it was a flashback.
Jun 7, 2015 7:19 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Poor Chiwa, she went through a lot that afternoon. Forcefully confesses to Sakagami as she has feelings fir Ei and then gets familyzoned by Ei. He's too dense to realize that she loves him lover wise.

I do feel bad for Ei too because his parents left him, and not of his relatives wants to take him in, not sure if he's still having issues with finding someone to take care of him as someone has to pay the bills. Ei has too much to study so a job is out of the question.

The skit was quite hilarious, especially when Ei put on those glasses.

Aug 4, 2015 12:02 AM

Dec 2014
Poor Chiwa, she got friendzoned and then familyzoned....
:'(

And the feast was wasted, i think.
Jan 23, 2016 10:03 PM

Aug 2009
that escalated quickly

chiwa stealing all the spotlight
Jul 10, 2016 10:52 PM

Mar 2015
Super ridiculous and face palmed at the 1st half but 2nd half got emotional and touching yo~ T_T
Despite the past of Eita wanting to become doctor and cure Chiwawa, he congratulated her for having boyfriend and he sees her as his family. How dense can he be. Suddenly Chiwa became the best grill in this show.

3.2/5
Nov 3, 2016 9:52 AM

Mar 2013
No, you girls are stupid.

I want more broken hearts. I like it. Keep em coming^^

Can they just top with those chuunibyo performances? ~_~
They are downright awkward and embarrassing to watch.
May 25, 2017 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
Owch right in the feels
Feb 1, 2018 9:35 AM

Apr 2011
The skit was so painful to watch...actually, the whole episode is painful to watch. If this show doesn't get any better for me, I'll drop it.
Mar 5, 2018 3:56 AM

Sep 2017
This is just a normal episode. Nothing was fancy in this episode. I hope they amp this up soon.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 28, 2018 8:31 PM

Dec 2015
I see Ei-kun is one of those stupid, piece of shit dense MCs. This anime is just sad...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 4, 2018 6:59 PM

Aug 2014
Only interesting part is the ending. Seems the majority of the episodes are boring with interesting parts within.

I don't get this MC. Not only he is one dense motherfucker, why is he letting Masuzu hurt Chiwa like that? It's a stupid plot point. The agreement was that he be her girlfriend. He went from a pretty cool MC in the beginning to a weakling who lets her walk all over him and other people close to him. Not to mention she is reading from his book to Chiwa. Does that not void the agreements?

Overall this is turning into a pretty stupid and nonsensical show.
May 16, 2018 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
Meh this was pretty boring tbh. I thought the MC would be a bit special with the way he acted in the first episode, but he's just your usual harem lead it seems. Can't decide if main girl is trolling or not. Childhood friend is a retard for calling him a baka because he doesn't love her.
Oct 28, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2017
Good episode , i like Chiwa more. Other b.tch just annoying.
Feb 17, 2020 11:42 PM

Aug 2018
After knowing more about Chiwa and her past i say im gonna root for her, she truly loves and care for Eita.

The only anime that i root the childhood friend to win on this.

I also like Masuzu to win if she change her personality in the end of the series but for now i give my coin to Chiwa.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 13, 2021 12:55 PM

Dec 2020
Sad for chiwa. Ei doesn't get the hint.

But I'm here for that DBZ reference, aka the sketch done by two of them.
May 2, 2021 4:37 AM

Aug 2018
Ah it's one of those dense harem MC from your average harem anime, but still enjoyable though.
May 23, 2021 8:23 PM
May 2021
Everyone over here saying that they hate Masuzu, and I know I SHOULD, but I just can't bring myself to... Lol. She's one of my favorite characters so far.
I don't really like Chiwa, I find her pretty annoying. I understand her angle in the love triangle going on so far, they were childhood friends and would likely be together if Masuzu hadn't come along and blackmailed him into "dating her,"

The comedy sections have had me rolling my eyes at times haha. I typically like serious anime, so the comedy bits aren't doing much for me. Other than that, I'm liking this anime decently well.
Jul 15, 2021 11:10 PM

Jun 2020
That was a weird awkward performance by the two which the others thought was a comedy skit, Which leads Natsukawa to disappointment with her script

That confession was a lot smoother than I thought they literally planned date just like that, But Chiwa was not happy that Eita was okay with that I think there are some mixed emotions here

Poor Chiwa her condition before was worse than today maybe it equates to today who knows but they were so close with each other like before but I do hope they won't separate from here on.

Jul 16, 2021 5:38 PM

Apr 2018
First part of the anime was pretty funny, the comedy skit was hiliarous. But the second half with the childhood friend in love with the MC aspect, it's so overused. A little bit too dramatic.. Still a good episode tho.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 10, 2022 7:51 AM

Dec 2021
The flashbacks were SUPER CUTEEE & wholesome. The skit was pretty.. interesting? I also have a bad feeling about Chiwa's "date". Why.. why is Eita so dense? He has no clue that he just rejected (𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥?) her. Ah, poor Chiwa!! Speaking of Chiwa, I'm loving her more and more as each episode progresses. She's so MOE & eccentric, as well as sweet & DEFINITELY patient. As for Masuzu, it's the total opposite. I'm beginning to hate that annoying blackmailer. Everything would've been fine if she didn't show up :pp She's also a complete jerk towards Chiwa, but gets away with it. Maybe she'll change? Just have to see.
𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓫𝔂 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰
Nov 29, 2022 10:55 AM

Aug 2020
Nice episode, with the Dragonball Z references in the act they put up, the Chiwa asking that guy out, and to her surprise actually succeeding. The scene after than, with Eita and the flashback was probably the highlight of the episode, though. Poor Chiwa...
Sep 18, 2023 2:01 PM

Nov 2010
I love the DBZ references, and the sketch was hilarious! Masuzu is a girl of culture for managing to think that up. I wonder if she is one or just basing all of her knowledge on that notebook.

The other half of the episode, filled with drama, is interesting. Chiwa has genuine feelings for him, while Masuzu's is fake. I wonder if Masuzu will fall for him eventually.
Nov 13, 2023 4:56 PM

Oct 2022
Its nice that almost all of what Eita is doing is caused by Chiwa like the cooking and gtting top scores in school
Dec 10, 2023 4:09 AM

Nov 2023
I would prolly look funny with glasses on
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

471 by Apratim »»
Apr 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

171 by Apratim »»
Apr 3, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

159 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 28, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

168 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

150 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.