Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2012 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dat pissed off Tomoe. LOL.

Nanamine stepping it up to her duty. But ugh, that spider demon looks disgusting. Overall, an okay series I guess. Not too exciting though imo. 7/10

Dat end kiss
Dec 24, 2012 11:21 AM

Nov 2009
Well, START READING THE MANGA, GUYS AND GALS.
I think they made it quite as anticlimactic as possible (which is good) because it's not the major end after all (the plot holes are still being answered/filled in the manga).

Now, read the manga. From the start! That's how you'll get used to the style, and you'll understand the eps more, I think.

I think there might be a season 2 though because they showed this guy below

And he's VERY important.

To Tomoe's past.

To Nanami's "past" excursions.

WHAT ELSE CAN CONVINCE PEOPLE TO READ THE MANGA??

NANAMI LIKE THIS BELOW

witchhuntressDec 24, 2012 11:40 AM

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Dec 24, 2012 11:38 AM
Dec 2012
Good ending. Well done!

Stark700 said:
Not too exciting though imo. 7/10

Dat end kiss

I think it's the point of this series; relaxing rather than exciting. I liked it.

witchhuntress said:

And he's VERY important.

He looked like Kurama to my eye. I wondered if he was Kurama's bro. Season 2? Fingers crossed!
Dec 24, 2012 12:11 PM

May 2010
So happy Nanami came back, and she was awesome! And so beautiful with her Kimono. :D

Loved the ending Kiss and will be hoping for a season 2!
I <3 Kamisama Hajimemashita! :3
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 24, 2012 1:42 PM
Dec 2012
FREAKING LOVED THE ENDING!! I screamed so loud at the end!!
Ahh I hope the manga picks up soon!! I've seen the raws up to 90 and its at a stand still at the moment.

Btw this guy below is Kirihito (I think thats his name :/)

witchhuntress said:

Btw from what it sounds like, alot of you haven't read the manga and I HIGHLY suggest it! The anime was good, but the manga is soooooooooo much better!!
Dec 24, 2012 3:22 PM
Oct 2009
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kirihito cameo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This made my day, he's my favorite and I didn't think he'd actually get to show up!! x333

I really liked this episode, they managed to wrap it up in a satisfying way without making it over dramatic like it often happens. Lots of reaaally cute parts, and LOL at the fight with the spider!! Nanami falling xD and Mizuki "playing" the flute again!! Bahahaha too cute!!!
Dec 24, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2008
They showed Kirihito, cool!! I really love the recent arc of the manga :) Hope they make a season 2. I didn't expect them to show a direct kiss at the end though, kind of felt rushed...and it shocked me that the fox fire could talk! But I am happy with the overall series. I am going to miss this a lot.
princessnightDec 24, 2012 5:29 PM
Dec 24, 2012 4:28 PM

Nov 2009
ramuramuramu said:
I kinda disliked the ending. :c
I've read the manga and the anime kinda lacks in my opinion. In the manga there's so many interesting characters and in general a plot that has more to it. Luckily the manga is ongoing, so I'll continue enjoying that~~

I did enjoy the anime though, it was really amusing. :'3

The source will usually be better. ^^

The anime makes Tomoe and Nanami's story seem predictable, but the manga is a different awesome beast. I love the current arc of the manga too and how it sheds light and refutes our speculations from the start. Those twists are amazing, and the mangaka is very good with her art and story. I've read a lot of shoujo manga, and this is one of the manga I've fallen in love with. I like how the romance is not the biggest deal, but it's there. The characters grow, and the villains are not over-categorized or labeled as only one side.

I still would want to see a second season though because I want to see those later heavy and substantial arcs be animated.

Dec 24, 2012 6:18 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my, I wasn't expected the kiss at the end! :)
The animation was very fluid during the dance! It's really good!
I really like this anime! I tend to like an anime more when I don't read its manga. Now, time to read it! :D
Dec 24, 2012 6:31 PM

Nov 2007
OP shortened. Two guys are searching for Nanami, who came to realize she belongs there. That box of evilness... Very strong that it destroyed wherever it touches. Nanami almost mastered the dance just with that determination? So the dance is also to weaken the evilness? She defeated it with the help of the Ishida-san's character.

Everyone helping out with the festival. New guy by Suwabe-san? Even Takahashi-san's character approved her. DAT LONG KISS AT THE END!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 24, 2012 7:25 PM

Nov 2009
tsubasalover said:
OP shortened. Two guys are searching for Nanami, who came to realize she belongs there. That box of evilness... Very strong that it destroyed wherever it touches. Nanami almost mastered the dance just with that determination? So the dance is also to weaken the evilness? She defeated it with the help of the Ishida-san's character.

Everyone helping out with the festival. New guy by Suwabe-san? Even Takahashi-san's character approved her. DAT LONG KISS AT THE END!!

There are different types of kagura dance. Nanami's kagura dance is that of the god type, and one of its purposes is purification of the shrine. ^^

Dec 24, 2012 8:46 PM

Nov 2007
witchhuntress said:

There are different types of kagura dance. Nanami's kagura dance is that of the god type, and one of its purposes is purification of the shrine. ^^

Interesting...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 25, 2012 3:58 AM

Apr 2011
Nice ending! I like it a lot!

Dec 25, 2012 8:37 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Couldn't wait for the subs, so I didn't understand much of what they said, but regardless I liked this episode. I really liked that her fight with the monster wasn't flashy pyrotechnics, and that while she found strength she didn't realize she had it looked like she still needed some help from Mikage.

Oh, and in the end it looked like Tomoe found some strength he didn't realize he had ;)
Dec 25, 2012 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
Nanami leaving because of such a thing and then returning so easily didn't feel like her, but I liked the rest of the episode. Especially when there was a serious scene followed by a funny moment XD (When Tomoe kept looking for her in the school and ignored Kurama, for example) It was good considering it's the last episode since they included things from earlier ones, too. It was funny to actually hear Tomoe's fox fire talking LOL! xD Oh, and Kirihito's appearance was an awesome surprise, although I wish I could have seen him animated for a longer time! All in all, I'm not disappointed by the ending~
Face_FaithDec 25, 2012 10:27 AM
Dec 26, 2012 7:16 PM

Mar 2011
I like it a lot. Although I only caught a few words here and there.... I generally understood what was going on... For some reason, I LOLed at his fox fires talking. :P
Dec 26, 2012 9:32 PM

Sep 2007
I caved and ended up watching the raw too.

and OH GAWD! DAT KISS AT THE END!!!! and the whole Tomoe saying something like "Let's renew our contract, for my heart." (or whatever the actual translation will turn out to be....cuz my translations are partly guess-lations)

UWAAAHHH!!! <3

Oh yeah, that part with Tomoe running around panicked was funny too I have to admit xP;;
IkanoDec 26, 2012 9:40 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 26, 2012 10:05 PM
Sep 2012
I CRYYYYYYYYYYYY :(

amazing !
Dec 27, 2012 12:15 PM

Jan 2011
Another one who caved and watched the RAWs here. I've learned enough Japanese to get a bit better at understanding the conversation, but I will watch the sub when it eventually comes out as well.

Marvellous ending! The second part of the kiss when she leans in as well just made my day. Now I can start reading more of the manga and hope for a second season. This was a great season for Shoujo with three strong series running at the same time (although I know there was the usual bickering among MAL readers over which ones were truly good and which ones butchered the manga--I loved them all).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 28, 2012 5:55 AM

Jul 2011
I must read the manga now
Dec 28, 2012 2:02 PM

Nov 2008
That was such a cute ending. The dance arc is my favourite from the manga and then did a great job with it, even with adding in an extraneous monster.

And the anime continued doing the subtle little things that the manga does about Nanami's powers. That was a great touch that by putting an "air" sign on her forehead she couldn't be found. Sure, Mikage comes through to help from time-to-time, but slowly and surely Nanami is finding her own earth-god powers.

I'll definitely watch a sequel if one comes out, but somehow I don't think so unless the video sales are really good.
Dec 28, 2012 2:56 PM

Dec 2010
ENGLISH SUBS ARE FINALLY UP!!!

It feels like we had to wait a century for those. I almost caved but I'm so glad I didn't. I enjoyed this anime so much, can't wait to begin the manga... Not only was the kagura dance beautifully animated but DAT KISS...when Tomoe said he wanted to reseal the contract from the heart I melted. This anime was a very refreshing break from some of the more violent series I've been watching lately, so I agree with some of you there ^_^

I really hope we get a second season, I would love some loose ends being tied up. They definitely left room for more but if that truly is the end at least I'll have the manga to comfort me. And the ending could have been far worse, it was nice how it was wrapped up for the most part, I'll just be so sad to see it go.
Dec 28, 2012 7:43 PM

Feb 2012
I like how the season ended with something passionate from Tomoes Heart, that was a lovely kiss from both of them, can't wait for a season 2 after that magna arc was released
Dec 28, 2012 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
Manga is up to chapter 86 and ongoing, with the first three chapters equivalent to one episode, there is probably enough for a second season already. I'll read up to where we left off with the show and hope there's an announcement of a second season before I read beyond that and spoil myself.

The best thing about watching the RAWs was that it gave me an excuse to rewatch this episode and see that kiss a second time...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 28, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2011
KYAAAAAAAAA THE KISS
Dec 28, 2012 8:55 PM
Mar 2011
awww im sad this is done. i didnt expect much and i was totally hooked.

three best parts of this episode

"I'll help you with your kagura dance too" - Mizuki

"You're here Lady-Guy-Lady" -Nanami

that ED intro when they kissed "ah.... ah-ah-ah"
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 28, 2012 9:53 PM
Mar 2012
Great ending :) Now i gotta start reading the manga.
Dec 28, 2012 11:18 PM

Aug 2008
Mizuki with his flute lol

AHHHH I LOVE THE KISS SCENE~ I never thought Tomoe would do that and that was such a sweet surprise. For me, renewing the contract was just an excuse for him to kiss Nanami... ;D
Dec 28, 2012 11:55 PM

Mar 2012
I kind of have mixed feelings about the ending. It seemed like the creators were trying too hard to make it seem conclusive. And the romance in the end was cute, but it felt somewhat contrived and sudden to me.
Maybe I'm judging this too harshly, because I adore the manga and had high hopes for Akitaro Daichi, so the ending was somewhat disappointing. I really did enjoy the preceding episodes though, and I'm mostly satisfied with the series as a whole.
Dec 29, 2012 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
Interesting episode and cute ending, am definitely glad I picked this up instead of brushing it off like I planned to. I wouldn't mind seeing more but it was a nice end.
Dec 29, 2012 1:22 AM

Jul 2010
That was such a sweet ending! I had doubts at first since the anime was planned to be just one-cour, but the story in these 13 episodes was quite well-done. I loved the music when Nanami performed the kagura dance, as well as all of Tomoe's facial expressions this episode! The kiss at the end seemed a bit out of place but it was a nice ending nevertheless. Mizuki "playing" his flute and Kurama repeatedly being ignored by Tomoe cracked me up so much. XD Kirihito's cameo during the festival was such a tease! I really hope there's a second season somewhere down the line, there have been so many exciting developments in the recent manga arcs. All in all, I really enjoyed the anime adaptation and I'm going to miss my weekly dose of animated Tomoe!
Dec 29, 2012 3:26 AM

Feb 2011
Sweet ending :3 Especially cuz they kissed at the end .

All my hopes for a second season . Great series !
Dec 29, 2012 3:30 AM

May 2010
Amazingly done.I loved how quickly nanami cheered up & did her kagura dance..& that kissssssssssssssssss!!!
Dec 29, 2012 6:11 AM
Mar 2012
Nanami going back felt a little bit rushed, otherwise a good episode.
Very good ending. Could be left standing like this, but could also have a second season. I'm really hoping for a second seasong, seeing they introduced Kirihito (and then we could see the tengu arc, too).
Dec 29, 2012 5:20 PM

Dec 2010
witchhuntress said:

And he's VERY important.

To Tomoe's past.

i haven't read the manga (i kinda really want to now tho!) but i was thinking the same thng too.. so hope you're right!

loved this ep, loved the dance, loved the kiss, loved everything about this series .. definitely one of my favorites from this season
Dec 29, 2012 5:51 PM

Feb 2012
Oh man, this was a nice ending for me. Some scenes were hilarious, and i really liked Nanami at the end. I saw the entire thing coming, it was pretty cheesy, but it was all enjoyable.

This series gets a 8/10 for me.

I hope there's a second season since i want to know who that guy who bought the mask at the end was.
Dec 29, 2012 6:37 PM

Nov 2011
That kiss could have used some better animation. But overall, it was at least a decent ending. It left a little to be desired though. To the manga it is!
Dec 29, 2012 11:15 PM
Dec 2012
Ohhh myyyy Goddddd!!!! I actually cried at the end!!!! "May I seal a familiar's contract with you?" that line would TOTALLY work on me!! <3<3<3
Dec 30, 2012 9:48 AM

Jun 2012
NOOOOOOO. TEARS. I HAVE TEARS.

OKAY, THANK YOU WITCHHUNTRESS, I SHALL FIND THE TIME TO READ THE MANGA.

UGH GEEZ. I LOVE THIS ANIME.
Dec 30, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2009
NOOOO DON'T END! ;___;

Ah, that kiss was the most adorable and gooey thing I've ever seen ever and it was sweet and precious and I can't stop watching it.

YAY! Another appearance from my little baby Himemiko. I was worried we weren't going to see her again.

THIS NEEDS A SECOND SEASON. God, you can't just tease me with a Kirihito cameo and not continue the anime!

Overall, this was a pretty good anime. I just wish it wasn't so short. We learned nothing about Nanami's past or why Mikage chose Nanami to be the land god. Yukiji was barely explained. Kirihito only made a short little appearance in the last episode and they left out some of my favorite arcs. Still, it was enjoyable.

For anyone who liked the anime, I suggest you read the manga. It's so good!

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Dec 30, 2012 10:52 AM
Jul 2012
I don't get the ending why did they kiss Tomoe said that he want to seal the contact as her familiar , but he already is ???
Dec 30, 2012 2:30 PM

Sep 2010
NEEED SEASON 2....WANT SEASON 2.......MUST HAVE SEASOON 22222!!!! >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2012 8:23 PM

Mar 2011
The ending is pretty decent, though it would be great if it will have a second season.

Gonna miss tomoe, and the gang. </3

9/10
Dec 30, 2012 9:14 PM

Apr 2012
Ah it's been an enjoyable ride. I'd love a second season for this.
ohmystars said:
That kiss could have used some better animation.

Oh, I was thinking this too.
quukiiDec 30, 2012 9:18 PM
Dec 30, 2012 10:59 PM

Aug 2011
witchhuntress said:
Well, START READING THE MANGA, GUYS AND GALS.
I think they made it quite as anticlimactic as possible (which is good) because it's not the major end after all (the plot holes are still being answered/filled in the manga).
Now, read the manga. From the start! That's how you'll get used to the style, and you'll understand the eps more, I think.

And he's VERY important.
To Tomoe's past.
WHAT ELSE CAN CONVINCE PEOPLE TO READ THE MANGA??
NANAMI LIKE THIS BELOW

You don't need to convince me! I will start reading the manga. ^^)
Absolutely loved the final episode. A bit rushed but still what a happy ending. I wonder who the black haired hottie was that bought a mask from cutie-pie Mizuki? I am going to start reading the manga now since I can't get enough of this wonderful story. I wanna seal the deal with Tomoe too! <3
Dec 31, 2012 3:48 AM

Feb 2012
I'm glad I gave this series a shot, despite shoujo not being my favourite genre, but this series was very entertaining and lighthearted and I really liked the characters. Pretty nice ending, overall scoring this show 8/10 and if there is a second season, I'll definitely watch it too.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Dec 31, 2012 4:40 AM
Jul 2012
i really don't understand why they kissed at the end tomoe said it was because he wanted to seal a contract as her familiar but he already is her familiar somebody explain? :3
Dec 31, 2012 9:19 AM

Dec 2008
A very good final episode! Nanami was beautiful during her kagura dance and the animation for that was flawless. Loved the kiss at the end. This time, the contract was sealed from the heart. So sweet!

I'll happily be continuing on with the manga as I hope for a season 2.
Dec 31, 2012 9:57 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
really good and heartwarming anime 10/10 :)
Dec 31, 2012 10:36 AM

Aug 2010
Jaynee said:
i really don't understand why they kissed at the end tomoe said it was because he wanted to seal a contract as her familiar but he already is her familiar somebody explain? :3

It's really simple...the first time was kissing her for contracts sake...but now he's just making the contract an excuse to kiss Nanami XD

Loved the episode...8.5/10 for the series. Really hoping for a 2nd season...Kirihito cameo raised my hopes a little. Hope the sales don't do too bad.

Well, from what I can see on this forum many people will start reading the manga...so if that applies to japan as well...maybe just an increase in manga sales will be enough for a 2nd season.
Barion-ZaraDec 31, 2012 10:39 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2012

88 by melkarakas »»
Apr 4, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2012

62 by Karva1 »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2012

74 by Karva1 »»
Mar 6, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

164 by Karva1 »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

» This needs to be addressed

Furuhashi1 - Feb 29

10 by fruitsbasketidk »»
Mar 4, 6:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.