Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2012 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Cute series so far with that kiss on the forehead in the beginning. I like the comedy so far in this series and Tomoe reminds me of a badass/independent version of Soushi Miketsukami from Inu x Boku SS. Nanami is also pretty cute though :)

^You see that face? Ya, don't fuck with Tomoe. I couldn't take the action scenes serious though but overall, it was funny. Also, nice ED song with "kamisama" echoing in the lyrics. 5/5.

I see another badass in the end of preview in this episode as well

Oct 1, 2012 10:32 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting OP and ED.

I finally was able to recognize the megane guy is voiced by Ishida-san (except whe nhe's calling for help) the second time (first time was when special program).

LOL~~ so funny all the way! Both of them has stubborn personalities!! And she suddenly can hear people's prayer voices when that guy kissed her to pass down his job. She still chose to kiss him to make contract rather than saying "sorry and save me".

lol~ seems normal, but not like regular intermission boards.

Even though Kaichou wa Maid-sama! as similarity, I don't think Usui and Tomoe are similar.

Preview right after ED and continues with the ED song... interesting. New guy (Kishio-san's character) appearing next ep.?
tsubasaloverOct 1, 2012 6:30 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 1, 2012 10:44 AM
Mar 2012
This episode animated Chapter 1-3 of the manga..

Inb4 there is no subs for this show.. At the moment, FansubDB doesn't list any fansubs group doing this and still no simulcast announcement too.

I wonder how many episodes this series will be and how the studio are going to end it considering the manga is still ongoing.
Oct 1, 2012 1:36 PM

May 2010
as a HUGE fan of the manga, I must say, the anime is amazing! the art and voice actors are all grate! <33
(even tho some parts from the manga where cut out :I)

Everything was just soooooo cute!. ♥

Can't wait for the next episode!
MermaidGalaxiesOct 1, 2012 6:12 PM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 1, 2012 2:24 PM

Nov 2009
Well, I watched the raw! I didn't completely understand everything, but since I've read the manga I understood enough. Tomoe is still asdfofkjdf, Nanami is still cute, and Mizuki needs to hurry and appear because he is adorable.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 1, 2012 2:44 PM

Feb 2010
Amutofan123 said:
Well, I watched the raw! I didn't completely understand everything, but since I've read the manga I understood enough. Tomoe is still asdfofkjdf, Nanami is still cute, and Mizuki needs to hurry and appear because he is adorable.

Amg ALFJSLALAKDJAKALALA ~ ikr >u< Mizuki is adorableee and in anime he will still be adorable >u<

Hehe I watched the raw, was epiccc *w*
Though the opening was so focused on Nanami xD Nevr expected it would be like that, was surprised loool I love the song >w<
Oct 1, 2012 2:49 PM

Nov 2009
Bellebellabell said:
Amutofan123 said:

Amg ALFJSLALAKDJAKALALA ~ ikr >u< Mizuki is adorableee and in anime he will still be adorable >u<

Of course he will cuz he's Mizuki and akjskdkjfjsdkfdjf~~!!!!!

God, it's been a while since I've fangirled over an anime like this. This is why more shoujo should air each season. It feels good.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 1, 2012 3:52 PM
Jul 2009
Noooot sure how I feel about the rushing and omission/changing of certain details, but eh. If I can survive InuYasha: The Final Act, I can deal with this.
Oct 1, 2012 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
Yay! I'm so happy that it has finally aired. I really, really hope that it gets picked up by a subbing group soon, I could barely follow the raws and it was only thanks to having read the manga so many times. As HalfDemonCali said, there has been quite a lot left out from the manga, but of course some things have to be cut in order to fit as much of the story in as possible. I'll reserve judgement on how well they've done with the editing until there are a few more episodes out (and until there's some english subs so that I can understand more than half of what they are saying).

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 1, 2012 6:13 PM

Nov 2009
It's not the best intro, but I think there's room for improvement. ^^

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Oct 1, 2012 7:38 PM
Jul 2009
KyokoAkataiyo said:
grayrain said:
Just looked at the raw version... I am underwhelmed. I don't like the way they animated it; I think it seems poorly done. A shame though, I liked the manga. But seeing all the amazing looking animes coming out this season, it just makes me more disappointed when KH is compared. lol

Agreed. It felt rushed and transitioned pretty awkwardly.

^ All of this.

Sincerely hoping they spread events out more. I mean, if I'm correct, Kurama is debuting in episode two... When he originally didn't come in until VOLUME two.

And to be honest I was really looking forward to Himemiko's introduction. Not sure how that's all gonna go down...

(Tomoe's voice is also going to take some getting used to.)
Oct 1, 2012 8:51 PM

Nov 2009
I don't really mind if they introduce Kurama first. Well, there are always changes when a manga or novel is adapted into an anime. Well, all media adapted into another media has to have changes or there may be not much excitement.

Personally, I read the manga so I know how the manga went story-wise so much that if the anime deviates, it's like stomping on our expectations of the events we wanted to be animated detail to detail. However, this is not how it always works. I somehow like the changes they placed on the first ep to accommodate the important things in the intro. I don't think it's rushed. It's fast-paced, but the way the scenes were planned to connect were good for me.

It's understandable that we'll feel underwhelmed, especially if you've all read the manga thousands of times like I did. The manga will always be the best for me. Seldom does the adaptation be better than the original/source anyway--if not NEVER.

I somehow like how they jumble the character intro? Because it does make me wonder how it will go. The ED and OP has hints of the arcs from the manga, and it also makes me wonder if they'll slip in Yukiji's parts, the chap 18 in manga parts, the Kurama mountain arcs, and so on. The first ep, if anything, is a big tease.

Also, not even a word as to how many eps it has?? BRING IT ON!!! KEEP US GUESSING!!

There's no fun if they won't. ;)

Oct 1, 2012 9:11 PM

Jun 2012
1. Chinese subs FTW XD
2. I love the manga, and I like the anime so far.
3. I think the producer's decision to get the exposition over with quickly is a good one, otherwise the first ep would be utterly boring without the action.
4. The best thing about the anime so far is the cast. Originally I feel a bit skeptical about the choices of seiyuus but after watching the first ep I have no problem with them anymore. The voices of Tomoe, Origiri and Kotatsu are surprisingly well conveyed in particular.
5. The tailor-made OP and ED are really sweet and are another selling point of of the show.
6. The animation is a bit too simple for my usual taste and the use of chibi seems to be abused too frequently. But I expect it's going to get better later on when the plot starts kicking off.
7. I look forward to the next episode.
Oct 1, 2012 9:35 PM

Nov 2007
God I saw two shoujo anime today and both started with a Chuuuu~

Fall shoujo season will be win!

5/5 for the first episode!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 1, 2012 10:06 PM

Jun 2011
shanimebib said:

+1 :D With those awesome adaptions, this will be the greatest anime season to date, I believe.^^
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 1, 2012 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
Natsu12345 said:
shanimebib said:

+1 :D With those awesome adaptions, this will be the greatest anime season to date, I believe.^^

And we haven't seen Sukitte Iinayo. yet! That will be 3 out of 3 chuu~ in first episode lol. :D
Coronavirus.
Oct 1, 2012 11:26 PM

Nov 2011
Ya, this season has a lot of shoujo and definitely looking forward to Sukitte Iinayo soon to debut officially.
Oct 1, 2012 11:36 PM

Jun 2011
I like Tachibana's voice as Tomoe~ and Ishida-san's voice is awesome as usual :D I cbf reading the manga, so I will just watch the anime==
Oct 2, 2012 1:43 AM

Jan 2011
5/5 for 1st episode :)
Honestly speaking, I don't really like the OP and ED ><
VA for Tomoe and Nanami fit perfectly especially Tomoe's :DD

They are skipping Himemiko stuffs and straight to Kurama? Though I can't wait to see Kurama next episode xD I can't really remember but did Kurama really sing in the manga? It would be nice if we can hear Kurama sing . He got good VA, Kishio Daisuke. I like his voice and hear some songs he sing before.
Oct 2, 2012 5:08 AM

Jun 2008
Awww, just watched the raw, it was really sweet, actually I was not very fond of Nanami in the manga, but her anime counterpart seems awesome, the VA did a great job. Actually Im pleasantly surprised with the voice acting of all characters, specially Tomoe´s;3

Dunno why but this gives me Inuyasha vibes~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 2, 2012 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
Chinese subs FTW indeed. =p

The (anime) art never clicked with me and Tomoe is just, meh. The OP is plain. :O

well, never had high expectations for this. dull episode (with some interesting bits here and there).

>.> just can't enjoy shows properly when you don't really like the characters.
rainbowcakesOct 2, 2012 6:08 AM
Oct 2, 2012 11:05 AM

Sep 2007
Wait, does this mean Akira Ishida's character has to have kissed the main bishonen?
Oct 2, 2012 12:25 PM
Nov 2008
I ended up watching the raw cause I couldn't wait for subs -___- OMG..Tomoe :X:X Well a lot happened in just 1 episode but it was pretty fun.I wasn't expecting the anime to go as slow as the manga and to cover up every detail so,with that in mind,the first episode was nice for me.Can't wait for the next episode.Also....I like the opening song,but it kinda annoys me that it's playing in the ending too but with different rhythm and stuff >.<
Oct 2, 2012 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
Meh.
It's been a long time since I read the first chapter or the manga in general, but I don't remember it being comical to that extent, it seemed unnatural. I don't like the OP and ED much... Nanami's voice could be better (the girl from Poyopoyo, haha XD), but I can bear with it. I'm disappointed in the voice selected for Tomoe, though. I do like the voice, but it doesn't fit his character at all. I could have imagined either Kurama or Mizuki with that voice, but not him. >.< It sounded a bit... too young? Now I've been trying to find a seiyuu with a similar voice for almost two hours... =.= When I try to think of one, Hijikata from Hakuouki comes to my mind, but that's too... deep, I guess. At least the remaining voices seem okay.
Oct 2, 2012 1:27 PM
Jul 2009
Rewatched the raw just now.

Okay, so it's not as bad as I made it out to be the first time around. Tomoe's voice isn't a perfect match, but it's done well enough.

Still slightly disappointed that we didn't get to see the sasamochi (Seeing as how it pops up so much in the series) or Nanami slapping Tomoe (Also important).
Oct 2, 2012 1:46 PM

Feb 2010
Hehe so I'm not the only one thinking the OP is plain xD
Gosh I feel like they rushed on the opening >3<
But I dun think they rushed on the art ~ I think it's cute the way it is except for the bad lighting/coloring making Tomoe look blonde.............. xD
LunaOct 19, 2012 2:26 AM
Oct 2, 2012 1:50 PM

Feb 2010
Face_Faith said:
I'm disappointed in the voice selected for Tomoe, though. I do like the voice, but it doesn't fit his character at all. I could have imagined either Kurama or Mizuki with that voice, but not him. >.< It sounded a bit... too young?

Sameee, well I'm not disappointed ~ He did end up doing a good job and better than what I had expected >.<
But you're right.. I imagined his voice to be more deeper and umm like Mizuki and Kurama xD After seeing all of the past characters they've cast.. why didn't they do Tomoe's role . 3 . xD
Oct 2, 2012 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
The first episode was cute. So yeah, those who read the manga, and those who didn't (include me in this group) expect a truly enjoyable anime.
LunaOct 19, 2012 2:27 AM
Coronavirus.
Oct 2, 2012 11:38 PM

May 2010
Kiraly said:
Wait, does this mean Akira Ishida's character has to have kissed the main bishonen?

Haha, this. I was wondering about that too.
Oct 2, 2012 11:44 PM

Feb 2008
Well probably he kiss him as well.

I don't think there is anyone fansubs that want to sub this.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 3, 2012 5:26 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Bad opening.
Bad seiyou for Tomoe.
Bad blond hair.
Bad osts.
Bad pacing.
Bad environment.

I was waiting for this too much and was rly disappointed ;-;
Oct 3, 2012 6:59 AM
Jun 2010
Wow, as one who is following the manga, I'm surprise there's no group subbing it. I thought at least one group would have pick it up by now =/ Why the rejections D=>

PS: haven't watch the first episode raw yet, was it so bad that made groups rejected it?

Off-Topic: Back to reading Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel
Oct 3, 2012 12:11 PM
Jul 2012
Loved it *-*
They made the plot go a little fast for the first ep,but i think if wasnt this way,it will be boring ~

Mod Edit: Removed link to copyrighted material.
LunaOct 19, 2012 2:28 AM
Oct 3, 2012 1:34 PM

Jul 2009
unfortunately its not as good made as i imagined T.T
good to see this animated,but i like manga better still~

grayrain said:
Just looked at the raw version... I am underwhelmed. I don't like the way they animated it; I think it seems poorly done. A shame though, I liked the manga.

same here

Maffy said:
Bad opening.
Bad seiyou for Tomoe.
Bad blond hair.
Bad osts.
Bad pacing.
Bad environment.

just like my thoughts T.T
expect i think tomoes seiyuu is the only one that fits
Sango_chan_desuOct 3, 2012 1:38 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2012 2:39 PM

Nov 2009
The manga will always be better, especially since it is what we encountered first.

If it was the anime though, I think my perception will be a little different. Yes, the OP is meh. The environment is at times lacking. But the story is intact for the episode.

The visuals aren't as beautiful as Kimi ni Todoke's anime, but it is acceptable, especially since I heard that TMS Entertainment did Kamisama Hajimemashita with a low budget. As for the seiyuus, it may seem bad for us or not fitting, but I believe that Suzuki Julietta-sensei approved of them herself. After all, she's the one who made the characters, and it isn't our choice that gets to be done.

But really, it is the story that matters most for me--and the characters. There are plenty of anime out there which have beautiful visuals but MEH stories.

Oh well, it is just the first episode. Generalizing the anime at this point is still too early. I guess I'm just the compromising sort that I can overlook Tomoe's blonde-ish hair in one frame or the =.= OSTs. As long as KH gets known more than ever even with somewhat mediocre visuals, I'm contented.

Hopefully people will see the story and more sponsors will fund the studio. Some anime have so-so visuals at first and then soon improves like D.Gray-man (which is from the same studio as KH anime).

The shoujo bubbles made me laugh. Rarely do I see them used in anime I guess.

Oct 3, 2012 2:59 PM
Nov 2008
Maffy said:
Bad opening.
Bad seiyou for Tomoe.
Bad blond hair.
Bad osts.
Bad pacing.
Bad environment.

Really? I think Tomoe and nanami's seiyuu fit decently actually. Tomoe's hair isn't blond it's white/silver,so I think they made it ok.It's the way I imagined it from first day I started reading the manga.of course the pacing isn't like in the manga.Personally I'd hate it if they'd do something like animate 1 manga chapter in one episode .....it would get kinda boring. I agree,and this is something I am a bit sad about.The art is pretty but obviously made with low budget.KH deserves better art :X:X Despite that I still loved Tomoe :X and the episode was fun also.
Oct 3, 2012 3:17 PM

Nov 2011
I haven't read the manga, so I can't really say or complain much like the others, but I actually thought the episode was pretty good.
I wasn't a huge fan of the art and animation, but otherwise the storyline seems like it will be quite interesting. Maybe it'll get a bit better over the next few episodes? uwu
魔法少女グレイシー
Oct 3, 2012 3:32 PM

Aug 2011
Maffy said:
Bad opening.
Bad seiyou for Tomoe.
Bad blond hair.
Bad osts.
Bad pacing.
Bad environment.

LIES. Tachibana Shinnosuke is such an awesome seiyuu. Lol it's your opinion though I'm not going to try to change it lol.
Oct 3, 2012 4:20 PM

Aug 2011
Wish I could've watched it with better quality/subs, but it was a very enjoyable watch! I can definitely see the animation corners they cut though... the production isn't that great.
Oct 3, 2012 4:59 PM
Sep 2012
I thought that it was pretty good for the first episode. It introduced the characters quickly and it wasn't slow.
Oct 3, 2012 6:23 PM

Jul 2011
Well I finally got to watch it! yay. i wasn't disappointed. the story seems really original, and the characters are all likeable so far. will be waiting enthusiastically for the next episode. :D
Oct 3, 2012 8:44 PM

Dec 2010
Alright opener; but could have been much better. I thought the pacing was a bit off and it felt rushed. If i recall they more or less covered the entire first volume in this episode since they are already introducing Kurama next episode and he was shown in volume 2. The voices also weren't as fitting as i thought they should be; but maybe it will just take some getting use to.
Oct 3, 2012 9:05 PM

Aug 2011
This was way more entertaining than my pride allows me to admit.
Oct 3, 2012 10:33 PM

Jan 2012
Soo everyone says they love it, and then one person says
Terrible .-.

Hmmmm
Oct 3, 2012 10:41 PM

Dec 2007
LittleChocoWolf said:
Soo everyone says they love it, and then one person says
Terrible .-.

Hmmmm

You can't satisfy everyone...
Oct 3, 2012 10:43 PM

May 2010
i wonder if that mikage dude will ever come back..

lots of good romantic comedy type animes this fall. all of them really good first episodes too.
Oct 3, 2012 10:48 PM

Jul 2011
it was cute and I liked it. Tomoe is Tomoe, that's all I can say and his voice was sickly sweet and yet naughty at the same time.

Mod Edit: Removed link to copyrighted material.
LunaOct 19, 2012 2:29 AM
Oct 3, 2012 10:53 PM

Sep 2012
Sigh. and I liked the manga. -_- great thing is that I never had high hopes.

This anime is probably going to get dropped, but I shall give it a few more episodes.
Oct 3, 2012 10:56 PM
Oct 2008
just watched the first ep... i like this series although is just 1 ep out only...
Oct 3, 2012 11:25 PM

Aug 2009
So far.... nice >w< 3/5
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2012

88 by melkarakas »»
Apr 4, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

172 by Karva1 »»
Mar 8, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2012

62 by Karva1 »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2012

74 by Karva1 »»
Mar 6, 3:07 PM

» This needs to be addressed

Furuhashi1 - Feb 29

10 by fruitsbasketidk »»
Mar 4, 6:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.