Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 23, 2012 10:52 AM

Aug 2011
Im loving this anime more and more!!!! another great and interesting episode! cant wait for more!!!!!! 9/10
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Apr 23, 2012 11:48 AM
Jan 2011
tailsxyakumo said:
Damn, the music is TOTALLY fit!!

Looks like the mystery has just started.

Yep, the mystery has just started, I was kinda hoping that I can see some lingerie fanservice here couple with some nipple shots of Yuuko.
Apr 23, 2012 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode with a bit more background on Yuuko. I just love how it shifts from serious to comedy and back.
Apr 23, 2012 12:56 PM

Aug 2011
Elite60 said:
Great episode with a bit more background on Yuuko. I just love how it shifts from serious to comedy and back.

This is the main reason im loving this anime so much lol..., one minute its all serious and building tension, then suddenly funny! i love it.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Apr 23, 2012 3:26 PM
Dec 2007
Easily the best episode for now and great developments. Still resembles Natsu no Arashi! a whole lot though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 23, 2012 4:43 PM

Jul 2011
A flashback episode; but I didn't really like it. It's similar to C3 when it comes to the sporadic genre shift. There's shows that pull it well, like Madoka from a lighthearted slice of life to a thriller; but this is more similar to C3 in that regard. It's happy followed by happy followed by an abrupt melodramatic drama, back to happy.

It doesn't work, and it's not accurate when it comes to displaying emotions. Nevertheless, it's still better than C3 in the regard that it's watchable, and not a grand adventure of tentacles.
Apr 23, 2012 6:52 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I enjoyed it.

Yuuko: Did you look at my remains?
Teiichi: Yes, I did.
Yuuko: All over?
Teiichi: Yes.
Yuuko: IEEEE I want to die!
Apr 23, 2012 7:08 PM

Apr 2012
Quickly becoming one of my all time favorite anime; I'm also starting to get into the manga too.
Apr 23, 2012 8:11 PM

Mar 2012
I liked the episode very much... the mysterious on anime is getting more interesting...
Apr 23, 2012 9:27 PM

Jul 2009
Heh, this anime does a good job at creeping the shit out of me. I thought Another was pretty laughable, but this anime has this eerie feeling to it. It's great!
Apr 24, 2012 2:07 AM

Aug 2009
It was great episode. Horror parts were done really well.
5/5
Yumekichi11 said:
Teiichi is 12 years old…..WHAAAAAAAAAAT? I find it hard to believe and still cannot believe. If that is true but but if it is that means Yuko is showing more ropes in lust then Teiichi could ever learn. It would also explain why he is so shy.

That questionnaire is from 2010. That means Teiichi is 14 or 15. :P
Apr 24, 2012 2:20 AM

Oct 2011
perfect mix of darkness, beauty, comedy - this show keeps getting better!
Apr 24, 2012 2:28 AM

Jul 2011
Had all three episodes available to me but just started watching it today, and this is a really interesting show. It's not ultra serious, which is nice, especially for a horror/suspense series like this. Lots of likeable characters and so much tension. The ecchi parts are actually tame and tasteful giving enough hazukashi moments without being overly done.

This episode was a bit cliched but it feels like it was done right. With Teiichi perceiving Yuuko as something that Kirie envisioned but seeing past his internal fears to see Yuuko as she should be, it gives a strong feeling of a connection. I just hope it's not an ending where they solve Yuuko's mystery, she disappears, and he ends up with Kirie, that would just be sad.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Apr 24, 2012 4:49 AM

Mar 2010
Wow, this is just ridiculous. All we have is a completely out of line moe romance about a ghost. Seriously, even stupider premise than Twilight. Not to mention that all of the characters (but Kirie, she is the only thinking one) are completely dumb and wouldn't survive a second of they met a ghost that would actually act like a ghost. Not like a bored whore. I give this one more episode. I'm still waiting for some mystery that would be longer than 2 minutes and would be actually interesting. 1/5 At least I got a lot of lols when Yuuko fell from that bed reaching after Niiya, that was hilarious! XD
Apr 24, 2012 5:15 AM

Nov 2008
The ecchi parts ruins it for me all the time D:
Apr 24, 2012 6:45 AM

Apr 2009
It was fine. No major deviations for this part of the story as far as I can tell. Another demonstration of how Yuuko looks different to people who encounter her. But this time, it's about her grandniece Kirie. I almost forgot about those other things in the basement alongside Yuuko's bones.

However, I am not happy at how the anime original parts of episode 1 undermined the impact of this episode. It would really have been better without it.
Apr 24, 2012 10:09 AM

Jan 2010
since i don't read manga, here are my thought how Yuuko died:

i think Yuuko trap in the basement is purposely done (from Teichi flashback about Yuuko) by person from that school. i don't know for what, maybe for keeping the shrine secret or that shrine must have permanent guardian even after it was abandoned or that shrine is function like some sort of sacrificial altar.

also wonder why nearly same thing happen to Kirie and Yuuko? (go to underground room and cannot stand up)

for those who read manga maybe they think i talk trash or nonsense, forgive me
Apr 24, 2012 10:23 AM

Apr 2012
Well I was pretty critical of the first two episodes this one was actually pretty great. The animation and OST are hitting on all cylinders, and the humor finally seemed to match with the plot of the episode.

I really like the concept of a person's mental state effecting how they see Yuuko. It makes for an interesting dynamic when everyone sees her different based on their perception of ghosts and the stories behind Yuuko. I definitely adds an extra dimension to the anime especially because Teiichi's perception of her can change. In this case she took on a terrible visage because of Kirie. Which made me feel even more sympathy for Yuuko. Her existence is such a tenuous thing with even her appearance not being her own. And even now that she has found someone that can see her as she was, she still has to worry about his perception changing and her appearing as monster to him.

Lastly, the comedy in the first two episodes did not match the more serious bits and felt forced but here the comedy was mixed into the episode more naturally. I actually thought some of the uses of ecchi were funny and generally didn't find the comedy taking me out of the episode.

Overall huge improvement this week and hopefully the show will stay more like this for the rest of it's run.
Apr 24, 2012 10:39 AM
Nov 2010
Perfect episode for me. I enjoyed it from start to finish. Bravo!
Apr 24, 2012 10:54 AM

Feb 2012
Marius2005 said:
I really like the concept of a person's mental state effecting how they see Yuuko. It makes for an interesting dynamic when everyone sees her different based on their perception of ghosts and the stories behind Yuuko. I definitely adds an extra dimension to the anime especially because Teiichi's perception of her can change.

I agree.

It would be scintillating to see a short, episodic series that focuses on that aspect of Tasogare Otome alone -- each episode would feature a new character(s) that meet Yuuko and perceive her in very different ways. You could even thread the overarching mystery of Yuuko's life and death through her interactions with the new characters of each episode. That's not a concept that would sell well, but to be honest it wouldn't be any less interesting than what I've seen from the first three episodes of Tasogare Otome.
Apr 24, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2008
CanisTomek said:

Yumekichi11 said:
Teiichi is 12 years old…..WHAAAAAAAAAAT? I find it hard to believe and still cannot believe. If that is true but but if it is that means Yuko is showing more ropes in lust then Teiichi could ever learn. It would also explain why he is so shy.

But the story is set in 2010, not today, at most in early 2011, what would make him have up to 13 years.
Apr 24, 2012 2:08 PM

Oct 2010
CanisTomek said:
Yumekichi11 said:

It is? Shit I got trolled! No way! Shit, I feel bad now.
PaninaManina said:
CanisTomek said:

Yumekichi11 said:

But the story is set in 2010, not today, at most in early 2011, what would make him have up to 13 years.
So it's close to 12 still? But the fact remains, older girl showing ropes to a guy that is younger than her and girl herself wants to experience love since she died unfairly.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 24, 2012 3:27 PM

Apr 2012
TheLocalHentai said:
I just hope it's not an ending where they solve Yuuko's mystery, she disappears, and he ends up with Kirie, that would just be sad.

True story.
Apr 24, 2012 5:17 PM

Jan 2011
I thought Teiichi manned up pretty well in facing Yuko's distorted form and then walking it back to the normal way he sees her. There are some mcs who would take a half season to agonize over this before making up their minds.

Other than being dead, Yuko seems the perfect girlfriend. I can't decide between her, Sanka Rea, or Mikoto Urabe as my favourite girl of the season.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 24, 2012 5:18 PM

Feb 2012
This is just perfect, not a single important scene from the manga was missing. Nice job depicting everything, Yumekichi, I couldn't add anything else.
Apr 24, 2012 5:59 PM

Aug 2010
Yuuko is a miracle of the universe.
Apr 24, 2012 6:01 PM

Aug 2008
My gawd, Yuuko is so adorable when she gets embarrassed. My heart can't take it.
Apr 24, 2012 6:28 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was good as well!
I know Yuuko's death can't be an accident, but at least we have another piece to the puzzle (her broken leg).

It seems there is another spirit in the school?
Apr 24, 2012 6:39 PM

Jun 2009
I'm wondering what are the complaints of manga elitists in this episode. (Yeah, I didn't bother reading the previous pages if there is any)

Solid episode. Contrary to manga elitists opinions, I think this animation style works well.
Apr 24, 2012 6:43 PM

Sep 2011
Love the Yuuko fanservice. The horror parts were done nicely scared the shit out of me. Loving this anime so far. Curious for the new episode with that title they gave it.
Apr 24, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2011
So they now add Kirie to the story easily by far without a single doubt my most hated character in this series, she is nothing more that a bitch who is jealous of Yuuko and has inferiority complex towards her. Really some of the crap she says and pulls sometimes is just far to annoying. I was really hoping she would just fade away in the manga and not be used but nope still there being a bitch still got her head up her grandmothers ass. If i could i would honestly punch her without a second thought.

Well i think this adapation is quite a bit weaker that its manga self, its pacing is all off it has jumbled up the manga which was rather pointless and did a few other pointless things like the double take of the first part of episode 1. They are also skipping parts from the manga so they pretty much just jumped to this part, we have not seen Yuuko and Teiichi together enough yet this was to big a jump.
The episode was not horrible and i did like what the director Oonuma Shin did with some bits, the horror parts were quite good. Though the stuff he is doing with the visuals is ok but sometimes i think its to over the top or distracting it seems like it is trying to hard. C3 also had that problems at times as well to be honest.

Dont get me wrong though i loved what he did with ef - a tale of memories and ef - a tale of melodies i loved both series and i loved the visuals and pretty much everything about it, but that was when he was still at shaft, anything else that i have seen him do that was not with shaft after that is no where near that level and i dont think the visual stuff he does works as well or is at the same level of ef, though he does seem to do a pretty nice job with Baka to Test that is another one of his strong ones.

Now i am not some random hater that thinks every anime adapation of manga or light novels are worse because i think so far what Deen (holy shit deen did a great adaptation? guess they can do manga then?) has done with Sankarea adapting the first part of the manga, might actually be better than the manga it seemed to go deeper into Rea's issues and flesh them out more and their pacing so far has really helped that i honestly think its a great adaptation.
Also i think Sunrise is doing a pretty good adaptation of Accel World, well from what i have read of the manga anyway. They seem to be matching and bringing the manga to life pretty well. I cant match it against the light novel (the source material) sadly since it is not translated but i think they are doing good with it and it is a 24 ep series so they gave it the amount of episodes it needs to get going.

Oh and since people sometimes ask if people prefer the Tasogare Otome x Amnesia manga or Sankarea manga, to me i have always liked Tasogare Otome x Amnesia more.
Though for anime i would say that i like the Sankarea anime adaptation more than the Tasogare Otome x Amnesia anime adaptation.

Well that was a longish post guess my thoughts kept growing as i wrote
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 24, 2012 10:53 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
This episode would have had more impact if episode one hadn't already spoiled me for some things. That said, I really enjoyed it anyway. I love the mix of horror and comedy. I have yet to read the manga, so I cannot nitpick in the adaptation area.
Apr 24, 2012 11:24 PM

Nov 2007
No matter how I look at this anime, it is really sad. :(
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 25, 2012 12:54 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode and creepy...
Can't wait to see who is the evil spirit and what are it's connections with Yuuko!
Apr 25, 2012 1:11 AM
Nov 2008
Teiichi: 12-13 (1st year junior high school student)
Yuuko: 15 (3rd)
Momoe: 13-14 (2nd)
Kirie: 13-14 (2nd)
Apr 25, 2012 2:01 AM

Sep 2010
How they rule out Yuuko isn't involved in "Spirited Away" incidents mentioned in stories just by examining her dead body.... ? Didn't make sense...
Apr 25, 2012 2:16 AM

Mar 2008
If this is what schools in japan are like with creepy temples and ghosts i wish i had gone to school there
Apr 25, 2012 4:34 AM

May 2010
Why yuuko cries when teichi saw her body remains,its not like it was naked.
Apr 25, 2012 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
HikaruIzumi said:
Wow, this is just ridiculous. All we have is a completely out of line moe romance about a ghost. Seriously, even stupider premise than Twilight. Not to mention that all of the characters (but Kirie, she is the only thinking one) are completely dumb and wouldn't survive a second of they met a ghost that would actually act like a ghost. Not like a bored whore. I give this one more episode. I'm still waiting for some mystery that would be longer than 2 minutes and would be actually interesting. 1/5 At least I got a lot of lols when Yuuko fell from that bed reaching after Niiya, that was hilarious! XD

THis ^
Apr 25, 2012 7:06 AM

Nov 2008
Nice episode, adaptation it's pretty well done.
choyos said:
Wasn't Kirie introduction a little too early?

Show is doing great so far... Yuuko is as adorable as expected.
I thought the same, I should check it because I'm not sure.
Apr 25, 2012 7:20 AM

Aug 2011
meh...
Apr 25, 2012 11:13 AM

Feb 2010
Even before the OP the fanservice feast begins, oh my...

Well, after finishing the episode I can say it was surprisingly interesting. Definitely my favorite one so far and stuff is getting interesting now. I hope it continues like this!
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 25, 2012 12:00 PM

Jun 2008
Opening scene saw an eye and Yuuko talking with the main so i expected just someone spying on our main and see a lovely scene with Yuuko teasing him but when it got close and Yukko suddenly looked like that i was" OH! shit" for a minute there. Then i remembered what she said about people seeing her differently.

Quite enjoyable. The switch to funny erotic scenes and scary scenes was enjoyable and the nice artwork of this show adds to that element. I can help take screenshots of this anime.
Lovely Yuuko

Scary Yuuko

No one commented that we obviously have an evil ghost in our hands since Kirie saw Yuko normally at first but changed her opinion after seeing a scary form. Close to the end she said: "If that wasn't Yuuko then what was it?" So there must be some other thing that scared her and changed her perception of Yuuko making her see her all rotten and stuff.
Hope this will give more future plot since this is the only part this show wasn't very strong add.

Anyway i see lots of hate for Kirie but i think she's dynamic and extremely sexy(i have thing for cute short hair girl what can i do).

belatkuro said:
Dat Yuuko at 17:07 to 17:12. I was waiting for that. Waiting for a full length pic

As you wish. Click and enjoy
MonadMay 16, 2012 6:46 AM
Apr 25, 2012 12:17 PM

Jan 2011
Something else than I expected, since it wasn't slice-of-life crap about nothing.
Nice episode, animation was good. Now what I would like to see is an interesting multi-episode mystery.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 25, 2012 2:12 PM

May 2011
Things got even more interesting this episode, got to learn more about the mystery involving Yuuko. Hmmm the way Kirie was talking makes me think there's another ghost. Can't wait to see where this spirited away business go as well.

Haha Yuuko can be really adorable as well. Lol no care about her being completely naked in front of Teiichi, but extremely embarrassed about her skeleton. The way she was just blushing, love it.
Apr 25, 2012 3:33 PM
Feb 2012
5/5
This show- along with Sankarea- turns out to be my favourite this season. Simply amazing so far.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 25, 2012 11:43 PM

Sep 2011
Yuuko is too adorable to be evil... right? This is shaping up to be one of my unexpected favorites this season.
Apr 26, 2012 9:07 AM

Aug 2008
Except for excessive fan service, this episode was pretty alright.
Apr 26, 2012 10:35 AM

Jun 2011
It was a pretty good episode. A number of mysteries are already lining up, waiting to be solved. Yuuko was at her best in this episode! I'm not referring to the fanservice but her 'terrible' form xD It gave me the creeps because I was watching it all alone in my room. For now I'm curious to know about this evil spirit Kirie had seen. Perhaps 'it' had something to do with Yuuko's death? And oh, I love how it gets comedic all of a sudden when things were serious just a moment ago :D
_RikaApr 26, 2012 6:56 PM
Apr 27, 2012 1:18 AM

Jul 2010
Loving this series so far! The story and visuals are both interesting, there's a mystery to be solved, and Yuuko is love *_*
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

149 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.