Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2012 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was most excellent in its chilling environment. It explains of the human pillar concept and why Yuko was stuck there. Place was not used and broken leg in the spoiler
that incapacitated her to do nothing more than scream. But of what screams to hear if no one uses the place? None and so she died. Pitifully and sadly.

Other than that, I find the fan service interesting in 2 points:

About the infirmary, well I find first of all that Yuko’s body in the spoiler
was far better shown and I found the gimmick of her fan service, it’s her skin. That powder white snow skin that leaves impression on almost all her body parts TBH.

About before the exploration of the room whom Yuko’s body is, well Yuko’s body was best in the spoiler
that part was the best that happened so far and yes deal with it, cause it will get more. I give up as of this episode. I will just glance at Yuko’s body while enjoying the horror this series does. I GIVE UP YOU ALL! Fan service RAGE ain’t worth anymore less your drop this series at this point. On the contrary I feel sad a girl never lost her virginity and wanted to lose it. Was at the stage of looking for a BF but broke her leg left to die. Pretty sad tale and as such I accepted that seeing Yuko’s body is seeing perhaps a unfairness of lustful proportions that she was never able to experience. Guess episode 3 makes you realize that and her misfortune. I wish she had lost her virginity and had a family now. Thus Yuko’s fan service is meant to convey regret of never had enjoyed sex in her life while having died pitifully.

I liked the face of Yuko in the spoiler
she was shown how scary she can be when her in the dark is.

While the fan service was running, nice use of the spider web in the spoiler
it has the meaning of Yuko entrapping Teiichi. Enticing him in her dark machinations.

HOLY SHIT @ the following,

that was more freaky than the manga. Manga was like :/ OK, move on.

Nice serious eyes in the spoiler
a good exapmple of facials done right.

Explanation in the spoiler
was done better than manga. It conveyed itself as something in the past in the form of film. Rather poignant IMO.

Lovely part of Kirie and Yuko in the spoiler
Kirie’s face WERE TOP NOTCH I tell you there. Creepy yet surprised glancing at the beauty of Yuko. This should be around where you learn of her and her intro.

I freaked out at the following,

Yuko’s true form! It’s here! That’s what she really is! Hideous! Yet it’s only what you perceive her as like Momoe did. You see fear can do a lot more than one may think once projected out on a spirit. This anime showed that with Momoe already. Despite that Yuko’s faces in the spoiler
were as creepy as fuck and ever. In fact I want to re-watch this episode in the dark. I failed at thinking it would not be as impactfull as last time. Oh well there always subs for that one. Suggest to many to watch this episode in the dark. Despite all that fan service in the spoiler
kind of was weird. That ass should be more shinier like in the manga…..BD only? Might be.

When Teiichi got grabbed in the spoiler
I jumped despite being daytime. That was so well done. WOW!

Those shadow effects in the spoiler
those were a nice approach to all this.

Leave Kirie all the tasks of smashing with a CROWBAR in the spoiler
along with her help towards Teiichi it was great of her as much as the manga except the suspense was far better.

Finally The Shrine and Human Pillar concept in the spoiler
basically it’s the placement of the school and to appease a calamity which sadly backfired by giving out another ANOTHER anime. Whom a grudge is formed with a ghost.

According to wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice
Yuko was essentially a human sacrifice to appease that curse. You can pretty much convey my feelings as RAGE for doing some occult shit like that. I am sure they might have staged her leg breaking to the point she could nothing and made sure no went over to that place. Hence no one helped her and she died. The human sacrifice being done.

In conclusion it’s really sad to have made a body like this rot as means to an end of some gibberish old rite that might not even have to be done. What this school should have done is exorcise the place and move all the bodies out of the area somewhere else TBH. Looks like they did jack shit and no exorcism even.

BTW End art in the spoiler
Yuko is nice there.

PS: MAJOR SPOILER! You know having seen chapter 33 of the manga I find it stupid they reveal that info so I just will cause it really should be know. According to the spoiler
Teiichi is 12 years old…..WHAAAAAAAAAAT? I find it hard to believe and still cannot believe. If that is true but but if it is that means Yuko is showing more ropes in lust then Teiichi could ever learn. It would also explain why he is so shy.
Yumekichi11Apr 22, 2012 10:44 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 22, 2012 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
Introducing of that short hair girl, who is descendant of someone who knows the ghost (Yuuko) and said that she is lying to get him into the trap. After that he wants to investigate more truth by checking her sckull. There's also seal?

So that short hair girl is being tsundere in ep.1, and is becoming the member.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 22, 2012 2:46 PM

Jun 2011
There's a temple in the basement... creepy
Why would you build a tiny temple in the basement after you just took down one? >.>
(Or maybe it was from the old temple. But how do you build another building on top of it?)
After watching this episode, episode 1 really feels out of place.

Yumekichi11 said:
Yuko’s true form!
I thought Yuuko's appearance is each dependent on the person's interpretation. Thus, you'll see her as whatever you think she looks like. Teiichi only saw Yuuko liked that because Kirie messed with his imagination.
ShihApr 22, 2012 2:55 PM
Apr 22, 2012 5:06 PM

Nov 2011
Ok, so episode starts off like this:

So, our MC gets a strange letter and according to it and the sender:

Ye, some Yuuko fan-service :rolleyes:

Scary Yuuko....

Somewhat emotional episode but plenty of laughs.

^_^

Stark700Apr 22, 2012 9:39 PM
Apr 22, 2012 6:27 PM

Jul 2011
The music is epic.
Apr 22, 2012 7:03 PM

Apr 2012
heh. i thought the short haired girl actually had a crush on niiya and told him a bs ghost story so she could take him :D
Apr 22, 2012 7:11 PM

Apr 2011
Well this was interesting. Reminds me of The Grudge for some odd reason.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Apr 22, 2012 7:20 PM

May 2011
Damn, the music is TOTALLY fit!!

Looks like the mystery has just started.
Apr 22, 2012 7:23 PM

Feb 2012
Love this episode, only cemented its place for me as best spring anime. I knew he wouldn't let her go, but that whole scene in general was just so good. Now he can trust her (hopefully) and they can continue their ghostly romance. Plus, a new club member. It just gets better and better!

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Apr 22, 2012 7:29 PM

Jan 2012
Kirie's interpretation of Yuko isn't very pleasant.. lol
Loved the episode though ~
Apr 22, 2012 7:30 PM
Oct 2010
Shih said:
There's a temple in the basement... creepy
Why would you build a tiny temple in the basement after you just took down one? >.>
(Or maybe it was from the old temple. But how do you build another building on top of it?)
After watching this episode, episode 1 really feels out of place.

Yumekichi11 said:
Yuko’s true form!
I thought Yuuko's appearance is each dependent on the person's interpretation. Thus, you'll see her as whatever you think she looks like. Teiichi only saw Yuuko liked that because Kirie messed with his imagination.

i hope the anime catches up to thst point in the manga.

kirie <3 tsundere. good ep. this is what i wanted from the anime
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 22, 2012 7:48 PM

Dec 2010
Dat pseudo-Shaft.
I also like that they included an image from the manga at 12:21
This episode was pretty good, but it would've been better had ep1 not aired first.

Kirie is supposed to seem enigmatic and antagonistic.

Shih said:
Kirie's interpretation is every bit as correct as Teiichi's.
notsureifsrsApr 22, 2012 7:52 PM
Apr 22, 2012 8:12 PM

Nov 2008
tsubasalover said:
Introducing of that short hair girl, who is descendant of someone who knows the ghost (Yuuko) and said that she is lying to get him into the trap. After that he wants to investigate more truth by checking her sckull. There's also seal?

Yuuko and Kirie's grandmother were sisters...

So Kirie is Yuuko's grand-niece.
Apr 22, 2012 8:21 PM

Nov 2008
I wonder why they are censoring the "scary" parts, I can understand the ecchi but the true form was censored. I guess that they need something for the Blu-Ray sales.

Still I'm pleased that they kept true to the manga.
Apr 22, 2012 8:53 PM

Dec 2011
Now that is scary. Hahaha.
So Yuuko is the grand-aunt of Kirie... they are getting closer to Yuuko's truth.

Kirie is a tsundere. Hahaha. Getting better. Cannot wait for more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2012 8:57 PM

Apr 2011
Im really liking the anime :D
Apr 22, 2012 9:08 PM

Jun 2010
Yuuko's reaction to Teiichi seeing her body. Only one word. Adorable.

They took some parts out of the manga that would've seemed better if they included it into the anime, but the anime version was still great.

Apr 22, 2012 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
i wanted to know what was up with the green girl and why she can see yuuko. i gues its becuz their related by blood or somthing

and Yumekichi11, how the hell do write such a huge post and STILL end up being the 1st poster??

Apr 22, 2012 9:37 PM

Dec 2010
Episode was very true to the manga; it was adapted very well; and the music fit perfectly

Also Yuuko's reactions to Teiichi seeing her body XD
Apr 22, 2012 9:40 PM

Oct 2010
Wasn't Kirie introduction a little too early?

Show is doing great so far... Yuuko is as adorable as expected.
huh?
Apr 22, 2012 9:47 PM

Feb 2012
Cool ep, cat wait 4 next week although this scared the shit outta me and i watched in the dark too :/
Apr 22, 2012 9:53 PM
Dec 2009
lol, even though i read the manga, i still felt a bit creeped out during this episode, wasn't that scary, but I had to turn on my little lamp at least, pitch black in my room, cept the monitor
tag©.androgynous
Apr 22, 2012 9:55 PM

Feb 2012
Seriously considering raising this show to a nine rating. This episode was creeeeepy in all the best ways!

I'm adding this to my PTR manga list! I'll start it after the anime is done airring.
*-* Best season in a LONG time!
Apr 22, 2012 9:59 PM

Feb 2012
supermegasonic said:
i wanted to know what was up with the green girl and why she can see yuuko. i gues its becuz their related by blood or somthing

and Yumekichi11, how the hell do write such a huge post and STILL end up being the 1st poster??

Nope! It's because she knew she existed and expected to see her in some way. Remember? Her family told her about Yuuko before she started seeing her.

I love how they are playing with perception and the mind's eye here. So true!
Apr 22, 2012 10:02 PM
Mar 2008
It seems silverlink can't tell a story to save their lives. I have no idea how people are saying this is a faithful adaptation. Everything is terribly out of place. Order and pacing matters you know. That goes double for a mystery. Good job silver link, good job. At least it looks pretty.
kactaplbApr 22, 2012 10:06 PM
Apr 22, 2012 10:17 PM

Sep 2008
...do not want anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2012 10:18 PM

Nov 2008
kactaplb said:
It seems silverlink can't tell a story to save their lives. I have no idea how people are saying this is a faithful adaptation. Everything is terribly out of place. Order and pacing matters you know. That goes double for a mystery. Good job silver link, good job. At least it looks pretty.

Given that they only have 12 episodes, they have to make sacrifices since they are limited in the amount of material that they can include. And in my opinion even though they have skipped some stuff and they are not animating things in chronological order, it is still a good adaptation.
Apr 22, 2012 11:02 PM

Dec 2011
Yuuko sure has had deep backstory. What is up with that shrine? OH I love Yuuko's sexy body.
Apr 22, 2012 11:02 PM

Oct 2010
Shih said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yuko’s true form!
According the grand mother of Kirie, I though she mentions her sister as not being normal at all in her ways. Yes that case was like that but as time passes I am not sure of that.

I don't think any ghosts is stable when it was killed unfairly. Yuko tries but you saw this episode what a little fear can do. That's the problem, easy emotional swaying.
supermegasonic said:
???? I wrote down my thoughts and when I came back I had time so I add. I though you knew there is a edit button. Well anyway you can post and edit later. That's it. It's a feature around MAL. Any message you can come back and edit.
Yumekichi11Apr 22, 2012 11:07 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 22, 2012 11:38 PM

Jun 2010
Kirie is annoying as always...

Damn that was intense. Didn't expect that... The Manga was like --- average and not scary at all.
Apr 22, 2012 11:48 PM

Apr 2011
In the end of the episodes, there seem to be something following Kirie in the dark.

Now with Kirie in the group of 4, the real story can begin.
Apr 23, 2012 12:01 AM
Mar 2008
ClementIV said:

Given that they only have 12 episodes, they have to make sacrifices since they are limited in the amount of material that they can include. And in my opinion even though they have skipped some stuff and they are not animating things in chronological order, it is still a good adaptation.

Piss poor excuse, especially considering that pointless first episode. The problem is much more basic and fundamental than that. More than likely they are trying so needlessly hard to be artsy that they forgot how to tell a meaningful story. Nothing sinks in. There is no impact. The raw emotion is gone. The revelations lose all meaning when one so blatantly disregards the ordering. They never spent the time to develop yuuko into the needy, desperately lonely, and slightly unsettling girl she is.

I'm usually lax on adaptations. But I know a train wreck when I see one.
Apr 23, 2012 12:20 AM

Sep 2011
Great episode,i really loved it,the feeling was dark even feel darker that the manga that i loved it.
About the adaption ya they cut some things and they didnt develop as much Yuko persona but its not that bad,is still a decent adaptation.

Yuko seducing Teiichi when changing clothes was great really Yuko is beautiful.

Kirie is a interesting girl even that she is kinda tsundere that its ok also she has that i will save you ass persona that i like.

Now Yuko "Truepersona"was great i really liked it,the feeling was way more creepier that the manga and really feel it also the OST is just AWESOME want the ost NOW!!

Yuko getting embarrassed by Teiichi watching her bones was cute...just wait until she see his "bones" ZING!....just kill me.

Anyway one more member aboard more mysteries,things will get better!!
Apr 23, 2012 1:53 AM

Aug 2010
I love the dual nature of the show, I can never know whether the scene will play out seriously, or go full comedy. Really like Yuuko's character. 4/5.
Apr 23, 2012 1:54 AM

Apr 2010
The episode was okay, but after reading the manga and knowing what's going on, I feel the pacing is awkward. I didn't read all the comments posted for this discussion and I only browsed quickly all the screenshots, but i felt like I needed to post this because I think no one has done it yet.

Apr 23, 2012 3:50 AM
Nov 2010
tsubasalover said:

Fiji said:

Kirie is a tsundere. Hahaha. Getting better. Cannot wait for more.

Err...Kirie is chuunibyou...tsundere she's not.
Apr 23, 2012 4:42 AM

Aug 2010
Yuuko is definitely better as a sexy ghost.
Apr 23, 2012 6:27 AM

May 2008
Man thats great i love this episode a little creepy yet awesomely awesome. I feel kinda bad that the boy she likes run away from her .But it cant be helped its a human reaction :)

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 23, 2012 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode, explores more the darker side of Yuuko being a ghost
Still have to say Yuuko is way better as a sexy ghost
Apr 23, 2012 7:02 AM

May 2011
Great episode, this anime has the potential for the best in this season.
The OP and ED are probably by far one of the best in this season.. And zomg the BGM! it fits perfectly. Good stuff indeed. good stuff :D

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 23, 2012 7:05 AM
Sep 2011
If there is anything this show excels at it's the visualization. All the visual gimmicks really makes this series interesting for me so hopefully it introduces an intriguing main plot later on as well.

I'm also pleasantly surprised about the tension this episode managed to deliver at some points.
Apr 23, 2012 7:51 AM

May 2011
This definitely made things a lot more interesting. :D
I like how they actually include a reason for the fan service and not just throw it in to please the crowd, that was pretty good!
Apr 23, 2012 8:30 AM

Mar 2008
I watch.
I hate.
I rage.
I regret nothing.
Apr 23, 2012 8:33 AM

Jun 2011
im in love with this anime n with yuuko-chan
very good
Apr 23, 2012 8:53 AM

Apr 2010
I'll admit it was a little bit scary at some points.

Apr 23, 2012 8:59 AM

Feb 2009
Dat Yuuko at 17:07 to 17:12. I was waiting for that. Waiting for a full length pic
And the tension was delivered well in this episode. I loved it.
Kirie is a bit tsundere, a little too much though. Don't remember her being like that. Oh well.
Apr 23, 2012 9:43 AM

Oct 2010
The only good thing left is the opening.
Apr 23, 2012 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
This ep was definitely better than previous one. More serious & horror related stuff, but still fanservice and comedy in this anime bugs me, somewhat it's misplaced.
Love Kirie <3, she's only likeable character in my opinion
Apr 23, 2012 10:08 AM

Apr 2010
So we know a little bit more about Yuuko's past now and we know there is a other ghost around somewhere in the shadows.
I wonder when she will come out of those shadows and i wonder what she will be like.

It's also interesting to see a life relative of Yuuko i wonder what kind of influence she will have on Yuuko.
Apr 23, 2012 10:12 AM

Feb 2012
Great ep. It just keeps getting better each week.

I love the mix of horror, ecchi, and yuuko's playful personality. Now that all the characters are introduced things will get more interesting.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

149 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.