Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 25, 2013 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
Finished in 2 days. A good show. I want more
Nov 7, 2013 8:52 AM

Sep 2009
aww' now it ended. I'm going to miss this show a lot..
I never thought that it would make me cry.. geez.. it's been so long that anime made me cry like this..
Nov 17, 2013 6:33 PM

Aug 2008
kuuurt said:
I'm thinking of watching Xenoglossia. Is it worth it?

naw
Nov 17, 2013 6:36 PM
Mar 2013
Zel_Ezl said:
I never thought that it would make me cry.. geez.. it's been so long that anime made me cry like this..

Atleast you have the movie to look forward too (when it comes out of course).

destructo22 said:
kuuurt said:
I'm thinking of watching Xenoglossia. Is it worth it?
naw

I've heard quite a lot of bad things about Xenoglossia, but I'll never cur emy curiosity until I try it myself. I just hope I don't regret it.
Dec 25, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2013
I bet if Producer died, they'd just slap on "Producer-san" on his grave and that'd be the end of it. Welp, that was- OK. The fact that they used "READY!!" for the first song in the concert was a pleasant surprise, as that OP had grown on me ALOT. Nothing else gravely important actually happened though, so I can't say that I completely liked it. Ah well. I'm also surprised that they managed to pull through with so many characters without collapsing, even if it's obvious some received a lot more screentime than others (although if it's Chihaya, it's cool.)

If a second season does air, I'm not exactly sure how they're going to pull off the character development (who could've guessed that the blonde that slept through the first few episodes would become... uh... that) they went through in this season. Yes, they'd have two rival companies now (along with Sir Trololol-I'm-Evil-For-No-Reason) although the 25 episodes pulled through here because the series concluded a journey, not a recurring conflict.

Not that I'd mind more Chihaya. Not at all.
Jan 11, 2014 12:00 AM

Jul 2013
A great series with a great ending, I enjoy these 25 episodes all together, with friends and their warm relationships. Wow Kuroi just scammed them again for a new office...

8/10 Some episodes and characters (especially Kuroi) I don't like but gradually grew them as times go by. The dance scenes and music were amusing to listen and see.

Mar 3, 2014 4:46 AM

Dec 2012
That final performance was really something else, ended the series with a bang. Looks like Kuroi was trolling to the end as well. Good to see one last glimpse of Jupiter, I wouldn't mind a spin off series dedicated to them. The picnic ending was sweet and wrapped everything up with a smile.

This series has turned out to be a very memorable one. All of the girls were so unique and fun, and I love how much this anime made me care about each and every one of them and their dreams to be idols. What I'd give for a proper second season, can hardly wait for when the movie gets subbed. 9/10, they really are idol masters.
Mar 16, 2014 7:57 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice way to finish of the series, a good collection of some great moments of all the characters combined with a lovely new song! The characters sure had their own story and backgrounds every single one of them, some were less interesting than others but still made it very lovely in the end!

Let's see what the additional unaired episode and all the specials/side stories have to offer us!
Mar 29, 2014 6:14 AM

Aug 2013
Well that was fun. I didn't like some episodes but that was probably because of my bias for my favorite members haha. I definitely love Chihaya. Favorite idol for sure :)

8/10
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 6, 2014 6:45 AM

Feb 2012
Mmm... so many good ships. But yeah, this was a little better than I was expecting. Some good chemistries going on, a few heartwarming episodes, high spirited songs and dance choreographies. Then again, it has somewhat weak/odd choices in presentation, some characters with kind of low presence, even if they are the main antagonist, which the show didn't really need to begin with and the finale is just kind of hanging there. An average show, but one that occasionally remembered what being a good anime is about. I give it 7, which in my books means pretty good.
Apr 21, 2014 8:49 AM

Oct 2012
The concert (& musics) were good enough...
I... Need MOAR!!!
Need more Makoto!! Need more Takane!! Need more Azusa & her bad direction (like ep. 8)
I hope they announce the 2nd season at the Movie xD

Anyone here already watched the movie??

Btw about the three new girls at the end (with Yoshizawa being interviewed)
Are they will be the new members of 765Pro??
"Signature removed"
Apr 21, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
RediceRyan said:
Had it's ups and downs. It was hard to marathon
^My thoughts exactly.It had it's very good episodes and then it's (really) boring ones.Maybe watching the last 9 episodes in a row had something to do with it but by the time I reached this episode I was glad it was finally over.

Music/songs were okay but didn't like them as much as I expected.They just didn't seem catchy or thrilling like other idol songs I've heard.

The conflicts on this were resolved way easily too.They barely lasted one episode before being resolved.

Not saying everything was bad though.Did enjoy some of the music,like most of the characters and did enjoy the SOL moments too.7/10.
May 29, 2014 9:39 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Great episode, loved the transitions that went from Ready to Change abd back to Ready.

Producer has anew wallet lol

I'm gonna miss this show, especially my favorite girls: Takane, Haruka and Makoto

Jul 7, 2014 5:04 PM
Mar 2013
emeraldrosary said:
Zel_Ezl said:

Atleast you have the movie to look forward too (when it comes out of course).

destructo22 said:
naw

I've heard quite a lot of bad things about Xenoglossia, but I'll never cure my curiosity until I try it myself. I just hope I don't regret it.
Oh wow, I didn't know I posted in this thread before. from the date it looks like it's been 8-9 months since I've last seen IdolMaster. It's been awesome :D I still haven't seen Xenoglossia yet though. I should check it out.

Back on topic: Another one of my fav episodes. I love the song in the middle of the episode: However Long However Far” This is my all-time favorite song from Idolmaster <333

The ending picnic was awesome! I will never get enough of Miki and Producer. Totally loved the shipping moment at the end

I loved Haruka’s reaction afterwards as well ^_^ A great way to end an episode!
emeraldrosaryJul 7, 2014 5:07 PM
Aug 12, 2014 12:18 AM

Jun 2014
Rocky start, but became such a treat to watch. I found every idol likeable in their own unique way, though my favorites have to be Haruka, Chihaya, Miki, and the Futami twins in no particular order.

I'll probably rewatch this sometime, definitely did not expect it to grow on me so much.

9.5/10
Aug 21, 2014 7:09 AM

Jul 2014
I liked it.
Now up to watch the movie :D

My score for this anime is 9/10 <3
Sep 2, 2014 5:20 PM

Nov 2012
Kuroi is a fucking troll. How dare you take away 765 Pro's new office! Seeing a performance of both READY and CHANGE was the greatest part of this show.
Jan 26, 2015 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
And they all lived happily ever after, so you can sum up the season finale.
Episode very nice to see and hear, an anime that is slowly but surely managed to involve me.
Too bad it lasted so little.
At the level of the drawings, the TV version was not the maximum.
My ratings for now is 7/10!
Mar 10, 2015 11:40 AM

Dec 2013
I was really into it at the beginning but holy hell did it start dragging after the halfway point.

The manager is also one of the worst characters I've seen in a while. A has-been idol office lady performing with a group of hot young idols (she was even in their music video rofl) just seemed so out of place it really bothered me.

Animation was great and no shitty 3D like LoveLive, all of the characters were likable expect Ritsuko and the songs were good. Just way too much drama that dragged on too long. Not enough everyday life stuff.

6/10
Mar 16, 2015 1:27 AM
Jan 2012
10/10 from me, and now I need to start prepping to watch all the specials, OVA's Movie, etc.
Mar 20, 2016 3:23 PM

Aug 2011
I decided to watch the original Idolmaster to find out what's so great about it and I wasn't disappointed. I felt that the characters were very likable, memorable and stand out from each other which made watching their backstories an enjoyable experience. I liked that it didn't put all the focus on the music and dance practice but instead it was more about the characters and their ups and downs. I really loved seeing these characters lives away from the stage.

While the show was slow to start with, it ramped up quickly with some dramatic twists towards the end with Haruka's episodes. Really enjoyed her 'arc' (if you can call it that) and Chihaya's journey too. But I have to admit, the best moments were when 765 Pro were all together and having a great time both on the stage and off. Favorite idols were Haruka, Yayoi, Yukiho, Chihaya and Hibiki. Both OP songs were great and stuck in my head after I finished watching.

As someone who watched Cinderella Girls first, I can safely say this series is so much better and I hope to watch the rest of the shows to be with these characters again.
Sep 8, 2016 1:22 AM

May 2012
Really liked it and feel bad I had it on my on-hold for so long. I guess I wasn't feeling it at the time since I put it on-hold at ep 2.

I personally found all the characters to be pretty likable, at least the ones in 765-pro anyway.

The first half of the anime started alright, but things felt like it picked up speed during the second half when it became less episodic.

A pretty solid 8/10 from me. Sorry, a lot of the songs were very hit-or-miss for me, but Chihaya's and Takane's songs stood out the most.

Gonna try finishing up the OVAs, ONAs and movie before moving onto Cinderella Girls

Oct 1, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2010
Ahh such a satisfying end (except that. Kuroi bastard. Just hang him i dont give a damn. How does he even get away with the things he does. I wish 765's direction was a bit less chill and at least give him a good hard slap but nah thats not happening in a million year) really good series, overall. As it was more realistic, I prefer it over love live--the drama is executed better tho both have lively and fun characters.

Favorite characters? I love them all pls. But ye Iori, Miki (surprise), AmiMami (esp Mami), and esp Haruka are my favs. I am so glad producer is using the wallet Haruka gave him(n its such a nice wallet too mhmm) best ship!
Chihaya, Ritsuko and Makoto are great as well. How can I forget the producer, great protagonist. Otonashi is nice, too.
Voice-wise Takane is my fav, so versatile and emotive.. I llke her character too.
Yayoi was great with how hardworking she is. Azusa lives a very interesting life, turning bad luck into good. Hibiki with her survival skills.

I am gonna miss this but theres special and movie so ye. 9/10 for sure, nothing less.
TragicRomanceOct 1, 2016 1:32 PM
Nov 13, 2016 12:02 AM
Mar 2016
This anime make my eyes open about idol anime. This is so good, and the best idol anime ever for me. I like that concert in the end, not too memorable like previous and previous and previous concert, but this concert was nice to established them as group
Nov 13, 2016 11:04 PM

Sep 2013
So,....which idol is gonna throw Kuroi off the top of his office building???

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 15, 2017 11:22 PM

Dec 2014
That's that I guess. This would've been leagues better if it didn't have so much drama. The Kuroi guy and Jupiter were really annoying and added nothing to the show besides frustration. At least the 765 pro girls were for the most part good making some of the show worth it. But as a whole I just thought this was okay, nothing special.

6/10
Jun 22, 2017 10:47 AM

Sep 2015
Well that brought things together reasonably well. The big everyone performs together concert promised in the original OP. The Producer's bumpy return. Rinko joining all the girls on stage this time. Even a bit of a conclusion to Kuroi and Jupiter's story. Right at the tail end. I liked it a lot. It had all it needed for an idol show finale. And the animation for the most part never looked better. Especially the PV for the "new song." But I also felt like it reused a lot of old clips. Something I noticed a lot near the end of the show. As well as slipping animation quality in places. And an impossible not to feel cynical about roll call feel in the last ten minutes. Like ok everyone get a word in before the scenes over.

I'll say though as someone who's never watched an idol show. This was a hell of a one to start on. Sure it had a cheesy conflict with an evil studio. And dips in animation quality. And wasn't always great about balancing it's absurdly large cast of characters. But it was fun and inventive, with a lot of easily recognizable and likable characters. It's hard to front on an idol show where there were detective story, action movie and Evangelion aping self loathing themed episodes. I'm going to miss this show. May watch Cinderella Girls at some point. Even though its main cast seems different. I give it a solid 8/10. Very flawed but way too great at its best to hold against it.
Sep 11, 2017 2:55 AM

Jul 2015
Kuroi's laugh xDDDDDD

Nice final episode, the dance was great, seeing this girls reach so far makes me really happy.
Sep 24, 2017 7:06 PM

Nov 2011
Abajur said:
It was a pretty enjoyable ride. But what stood out the most for was definitely episode 8, it was such an amazing episode. If every episode has been as energetic and effective as that this anime would have been unbelievably good; it was still great tho.

agreed, it was m@sterfully done.
(not that i remember the episode, other than it was a true m@sterpiece)
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Mar 1, 2018 2:29 PM

Jun 2016
This was a great send off to our girls. We've seen them overcome their fears and problems to be the best they possibly could, some finding a newfound and strong resolve. Now, after all this time impressively characterizing such a big cast we got to see them perform the best they ever have. It was pure bliss! The characterization of the cast may have been simple, and incredibly little for some(looking at you Azusa and the twins) but it was good enough to breath life into everyone, making each distinguishable and memorable. It was enough to give them strengths, weaknesses, motivations, quirks, interesting relationships with each other, and most importantly a reason to care about them. This episode was the pay off of the journey and it succeeded.

I adored the line that was said at the end of the episode "home is where the heart is". I've wondered what it means to not feel at home or not feel that home is anywhere and I think that's a good explanation, because your heart isn't there.

Idol M@ster is simple, but that's not a bad thing. It's a super positive and inspiring story about coming together, working hard towards making your dreams come true, making friends, and the success of an idol business! The pacing was fast enough to be constantly moving as we saw an increase in their popularity every episode due to the fruits of their labor. My only problems are the tone shifts in the Amami and Chihaya arcs coming out of nowhere, the constantly vapid and shallow villains(Kuroi and the track meet girls), and the little the anime really does apart from being wholesome, fun, and somewhat inspiring. I wish the melodrama the Chihaya and Amami arcs brought had either been cut out entirely not dealing with that miserable atmosphere and tragedy only to rush through them, or for the intensity and introspection involved with those arcs to be constant. Rather than coming out of nowhere as I put it, if we saw these characters deeper than we did and saw them go through little tragedies and deal with life in ways they struggled then it would have been fine. But as it is now it's out of place and rushed and messy. The villains are excusable as they're just 1d obstacles to show the message that cheating gets you nowhere in a battle against passion and honest hard work. And the simplicity isn't necessary a problem either, it's a strength in a lot of ways, but I do wish it took some risks in changing up the formula at times. However, these three things really hold back Im@s from being something special, something more than simple wholesome fun that will a smile on your face. Due to that I am happy to give it a 6/10 but nothing higher. It's a quality 6/10.

For the record this is my rating of the idols:
Miki>Makoto>Yayoi=Iori>Ritsuko>Takane>Chihaya>Amami>Hibiki>Yukiho>Ami & Mami>Azusa
Azusa, and Ami and Mami were underdeveloped. Ami and Mami's case makes more sense since they're 12 but Azusa being such a boring airhead doesn't pass in the same way. Yukiho had a great episode but then she was a backdrop for the rest of the anime. Those three are the definite bottom 3 in my eyes, whereas the others are more so a debate of bias's. I loved Miki as the idol who felt the most real. Her conflict was something someone her age would feel, and her presence and drive and skills stood out. Miki mai waifu. I felt similar with Iori as her story line with her family was fascinating and she was a believable tsundere seeing her background but once she got paired with Ryuuguu she also became hardly relevant in the entire second half. She's the idol with the most potential who was the most left out. If she had more screen time she would have undoubtedly be my second favorite if not my favorite.
Oct 4, 2018 7:20 AM

Mar 2016
Kisaragi and Amami: best idols, honorary mention to Otonashi. A weird show where the absurdist bits (the wedding dress episode) and the more serious drama (voice loss, ending) end up being the best parts. Overall, it kind of meandered around but I think it ended on a decent note. I just didn't find most of the idols that interesting. Liked the art, designs and color.
Jun 10, 2020 9:02 PM

Oct 2019
I stumbled upon im@s H doujin quite often so I decided to give it a try to see what kind of show is this. The show start off quite flat and boring but becomes kinda more likable as I watched more eps, Chihaya and Haruka are probably my favorite eps as it offer deep, emotional ride.

7/10
Jun 20, 2020 1:33 PM

May 2018
Now that is how to end the series with a b@ng! Argh I almost saw chief's face at the end xD god gamn Sakura trees getting in the way
ByniavoJun 20, 2020 1:36 PM
Sep 7, 2021 11:37 AM

Aug 2018
Overall, anime was great.. Liked both more light first half of the show.. Where we just got to see more about idols doing idol things, filming in TV and whatnot.. As well as the second half of anime, where we got more individual stories of the girls.. Many enjoyable arcs and girls I liked.. Anime was very enjoyable both with content and with progression.. ;P Anime was a great idol anime, if anything, lots of thoughts and showing how idol life is and can be..
Mar 24, 2023 10:24 PM

Jul 2013
You know that peak anime moment when they play the OP in the episode? How about we take that and go even further? The whole thing was so well done it brought tears to my eyes.

Also stupid past me never realized this, but the first OP is named "ready", signifying that the group was "ready" while waiting for an opportunity to break into industry. The second OP is "change" because, well, you've seen the previous episode.
Apr 10, 2023 11:03 AM
Jun 2019
love live is so much better tho
Sep 12, 2023 8:49 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2011:

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.