Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2011 1:52 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some kids don't believe what they saw about Quon's past, some do. So Quon already lived about 1000 years (from that memory shown to everyone). And seems like the huge tree there is related to the one in his memory.

The enemy already kind of know where they are from the analysis of what happened in the last movie. Epsilon reviving into one of what himself thought "monsters" gave him a chance to realize what the real face of "monsters" are, and also gave the commander of the enemy to find out where the place is and break the security, using the fact that they are not completely trusting Epsilon. Especially Takao (he's against the idea about Epsilon, an enemy, here. It's nice to see them argue, it's like imagining KAmiYU, the voices behind them, arguing once in a while. :P)

Even if there's a security from Quon's side, the enemy is able to break it and hold control of Epsilon. Quon was destructed by the fight with Epsilon and got hurt by the team. He's not escaping even if Epsilon's warning. The boy from first chapter, the girl with Quon, and Takao to the support. Seems like the dreamsee-er became the important person in Epsilon, and transformed breaking the control.

They are done when Quon's been defeated. And the commander of the enemy set the bomb on Epsilon so that he can eliminate rest of them in one go.
tsubasaloverDec 7, 2011 5:27 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 7, 2011 3:19 AM

Oct 2010
Quon is too damn naive. I wonder how old he really is. For him to be that old and stupid is beyond dumbness. Sighs i wish we had a main character with common sense.
Dec 7, 2011 12:38 PM

Jul 2010
he is thousand years old, its said on the middle and yeah, pretty naive for an old guy.
Dec 7, 2011 1:18 PM

Oct 2010
Gotensan said:
he is thousand years old, its said on the middle and yeah, pretty naive for an old guy.

I keep forgetting what year the story is in. I know its in the future. I guess i thought he was younger because i was thinking of Sengoku period.
Dec 7, 2011 6:01 PM

Feb 2011
If you want common sense, then you shouldn't watch an anime, that tries do deliver a message of hope and BELIEVE in the value of one's life.

@Movie
Well, now that was one cliffhanger.
Didn't think, the end would turn out like this. Quon looked pretty dead. But he'll be resurrected or something like that, I guess (if he's even really dead).
The garden blowing up probably means, the remaining movies won't have many calm moments. Can't wait to see this.

Overall the 2nd best Movie of the series so far, imo. The first is still the best.
Dec 8, 2011 2:10 PM

Jun 2011
I believe that Quon did the right thing
Shuu did change to their side
They just miscalculated that he would be unable to control himself

This episode had some sad moments
But Quon didn't die? (Trailer killed it)
And the garden was boomed?! *FLASH* at the end o_o
Dec 9, 2011 5:57 PM

Jan 2008
I feel like I'm watching X-men. Quon's like a distant relative to Casshern and Wolverine...and I'm loving every bit of it.

Glad those three no-name character guys bit the bullet though--can't stand people like that, fiction or not.
Dec 13, 2011 6:18 PM
Feb 2010
lynettebishop said:
Fuck this episode, poorly written, the writer should just go jump of a cliff ...
There are better ways to write a script for this episode, and apparently the writer lost some brain cells when he was writing it ... what an idiot!!

Your opinion will matter when you're making money writing a script for an anime. Until then...

Dec 14, 2011 2:29 PM
Nov 2008
The end left me with a big WTF NOOOOO....when credits started rolling...I'm sure they ain't dead but stiill....:\
Dec 14, 2011 11:07 PM

Jan 2011
Best part of this was shuu's Transformation! reminded me of that fire guy from scared Seven even thought that wasn't the greatest of shows..
Dec 29, 2011 12:19 AM

Aug 2009
Sigh I hate characters that have that "Save everybody no matter what" mentality. Quon almost got everybody killed. All that work they have done in the past could've been lost. Cool transformation btw.
Jan 23, 2012 3:25 PM

Jan 2008
Quon is a retard.Period. For being over 1000 years old he sure acts like a naive child.

He acts like he knows it all but he ignores obvious stuff just to sooth his own self.

At least has a cool ability, I want to see him go beserk again, I think that would be an awesome sight to behold.
Jun 29, 2012 9:50 PM

Mar 2012
this one was the best one so far imo...pretty good action scenes is what made it good other than that its an ok series
Sep 4, 2012 4:00 AM

Oct 2009
Way better then the last ep, but still cliché.
Oct 29, 2012 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
Wow this had some of the shittiest writing of the entire series so far. How are you going to show Quon fighting 3 and 4 of them sometimes in the past 3 episodes and doing pretty decent damage against them but all of a sudden this episode he turns into a total wimp during the fights against the other WTOC units aside from Shun/Epsilon? Putting his naivety aside for trying to help Shun what was up with this writing? This doesn't flow with the series at all.
Nov 10, 2012 12:11 AM

Jan 2012
lanfire said:
Wow this had some of the shittiest writing of the entire series so far. How are you going to show Quon fighting 3 and 4 of them sometimes in the past 3 episodes and doing pretty decent damage against them but all of a sudden this episode he turns into a total wimp during the fights against the other WTOC units aside from Shun/Epsilon? Putting his naivety aside for trying to help Shun what was up with this writing? This doesn't flow with the series at all.

Ever heard of data-gathering and cliche textbook shounen plot?

This EP made me rage in both good and bad ways. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 11, 2012 8:28 PM

Jul 2012
Being cliche is not a substitute for bad writing.
Mar 26, 2013 8:29 PM

Mar 2010
another sad episode :(
quonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2013 12:22 PM

May 2012
Holy crap! What great development! Was quite amazing Quon actually took his enemy in and then to be taken over to have their location compromised. But damn couldn't believe that ending is he really dead? Can't be right and was that a nuke in the end? Damn the story and plot sure is thickening!
Jul 1, 2013 9:34 PM

Nov 2011
Geez, that larva is dangerous as hell messing with your mind..

Tei is so kinda though ^^
Oh cliffhanger again. Damn.
Aug 9, 2013 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
Poor Shuu!!!! He had finally realized the truth and accepted it. He finally was able to trust Quon. By the way, I give a thumbs up to Quon for turning Shuu into an ally. But I refuse to believe Quon is dead! He was such a great character. I love the type who are try to repent for a heavy sin. I love Shuu and Quon. I want to watch the next episode!
Oct 23, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
Resumed watching this after several months...

I liked that Quon is brutally honest with himself and others. The good thing about telling the truth is he got nothing to hide, and maybe he can sleep well at night (obvious guilty nightmares about the past and worrying for others notwithstanding) for the last several hundred years. XD

That was a brilliant play by Genji, when Shun suddenly turned traitor to Custos he used him as bait to get to Quon's hideout.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 17, 2013 2:40 AM

Jun 2011
tofei said:

I liked that Quon is brutally honest with himself and others. The good thing about telling the truth is he got nothing to hide, and maybe he can sleep well at night (obvious guilty nightmares about the past and worrying for others notwithstanding) for the last several hundred years. XD

I have to agree, but it seems like it's only me and you that like Quon's honesty. Lmao at other people who want the movie to move in their way, regardless of what kind of characters they are, and they don't even mind if Quon acted OUT OF CHARACTER, such bullshit.

reaper_unique said:
Quon is a retard.Period. For being over 1000 years old he sure acts like a naive child.

He acts like he knows it all but he ignores obvious stuff just to sooth his own self.

Smart ass how else you want him to act? To abandon Epsilon there? Wow how smart, do you need an award for that? Guess not.

This movie was done pretty well, except for the part where the armor guys were able to fight on par with Quon, when it was shown that they were easily defeated before. Maybe it's an upgrade for their armor? Hmm hopefully we'll get some sort of explanation, but I doubt it.

If only this movie is 1hour + in length, it would be so much better, if it went into Epsilon's psychological issue of conflicting between his past team and the attractors. It seems like it was cut short, but oh well. Best out of the 4, and wtfish cliffhanger -.-

P.S. Is it just me, or is the animation kinda.. average? We don't have glorious action sequence and animation like movie 1 after it.. ):

Edit: And wtf is with that Tei and Shun's moment? I ship TeixQuon so hard!
ToG25thBaamNov 17, 2013 2:45 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 4, 2014 2:15 PM

Oct 2009
Tei is <3

Best one yet..
Oct 2, 2014 3:49 AM

Jun 2012
Can Quon heal in his insania form? If not I guess he really is dead. And I was hoping delta would have joined epsilon. :(
Jun 7, 2015 1:00 PM

Sep 2014
How about they explain why quon wasn't healing? How about the explain why Quon, who has been alive from 1000 years, is so inexperienced and naive? Like what the fuck. I like how he helped elipson, but I was wondering why he got his ass kicked so fast for someone with 1000 years of experience... I still enjoyed it for the entertainment perspective but feels like they riddled it with some plot holes...
Mar 2, 2016 3:26 PM

Jan 2012
nice ost in the middle when that kid was using power on him (the cyborg guy) ,that end , dat nuke

Apr 11, 2016 12:13 PM

Feb 2015
This is exactly what I meant... sooner or later they'll resurrect, anyway, why is Quon so damn naive? His 'I want to save everyone' persona is getting on my nerves.

A nuke might've been a bit OTT but wont be surprised if the cyborg absorbs it.
Dec 21, 2016 12:20 PM

Dec 2015
Considering the fact that Quon has lived for hundreds of years and the fact that he has fought those cyborgs dozens of times, he sucks ass when it comes to fighting.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 19, 2017 11:19 PM
Sep 2015
It's a subpar Vash and Wolfwood.

Everything happening in this episode was Quon's fault for being such an idiotic Vash/Kenshin knockoff.

If only the bad guys knew that the only thing they needed to Insania was send him a message that they'd kill a random person if he didn't turn himself in. Bet he'd tell them where all his charges are just to keep the Big Bad from suiciding.
Aug 25, 2017 1:30 AM

Oct 2015
He is naive and immature but i believe that is his strength for me
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 17, 2018 2:28 AM

Mar 2016
It has been so long since I have found a villain I could hate so much. So, I really like this anime!
Sep 28, 2018 7:28 PM

Feb 2013
Yup, definitely more fun when they find the base.
Quon needs to learn how to be bullet proof.

Fire dude gonna be a powerful ally now.

Bad-guy's motivations/goal, still a mystery. All we know is "order"...
Feb 5, 2021 11:48 PM

May 2020
Quon is such a poorly written character. He's just another cliche "I want to save everyone because I was a bad guy too because I lack the ability to critically think about the things I've actually done.".

I don't mind Quon having hope after being alive for however long he has been alive. In fact, that would actually show how strong he is, mentally speaking. But the way it's written he just comes off as a naive dumbass.
Jul 4, 2022 1:24 PM

Sep 2018
Considering that Quon and co. seem to let Attractors whose faces are known to the Custos walk around in public without any sort of disguise (Tei in this episode, Kiri in episode 2), I'm surprised it took this long for them to figure out the location of their headquarters. That's not even considering that they could likely just analyse the time it takes for Quon to get to each awakening Attractor and get a rough estimate of his hideout from that... or that they could likely just let him retrieve an Attractor and follow him back. No, it just so happened to take a supreme act of stupidity in letting Shun go for them to figure out he's somewhere as obvious as Fantasia Gardens.

The fact that the cyborgs were so easily able to beat Quon this time strained disbelief a little bit, especially considering how he could fight them on pretty even footing before and that there was no evidence of the cyborgs getting any upgrades. The missile strike at the end was also incredibly stupid. We've been shown that they seem to operate in secrecy most of the time, retreating when police or emergency services are on their way to the area, yet they'd do something as flashy as firing a missile into the middle of Tokyo? Really?

Other than that? Not too bad.
Sep 12, 2023 8:30 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2015:

Sep 15, 2023 6:48 PM

Sep 2020
Great, unexpected ending!

I agree that it was weird/dumb that Quon was getting beat by an unarmed Shun when he could take on the whole armored crew at once with barely a struggle.

Shun's power-up at the end was cool.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

» found a sub?

Cooperation-san - Dec 9, 2014

1 by hhitagi »»
Dec 9, 2014 3:13 AM

» TnQ 4 PV &amp; Vol release

tsubasalover - Sep 18, 2011

5 by amginex »»
Dec 6, 2011 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.