Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 3, 2012 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
Felt like I was actually watching a Higurashi ova instead of shit piled onto more shit.
Jan 4, 2012 5:41 PM

Jan 2011
Good episode everyone seemed more in character and the humor was played out a lot better

Mio+Seraphim+Mion=Heaven
Jan 4, 2012 9:20 PM
Dec 2010
Words cannot describe how disappointed I was at the first two eps in the OVA. I'm not sure what was the bigger crime: that they didn't feel at all like higurashi should or that they were awful.

This was better, enjoyable at least.
Its good to actually be back in the Higurashi universe - imo, it feels like the first time since the ending of Kai.

Felt like a post-matsuribayashi slice of life.
Jan 8, 2012 5:31 PM

Sep 2011
Kanon-kun said:
Really cute episode! In the end RENA WILL PREVAIL AS THE ULTIMATE OTP.
ok what the hell does otp mean, i see people use it all the time, what does it mean?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 10, 2012 4:26 PM

Jun 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Kanon-kun said:
ok what the hell does otp mean, i see people use it all the time, what does it mean?

One True Paring.
Feb 18, 2012 12:34 PM

Sep 2011
Zfish9 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Kanon-kun said:

One True Paring.
oh......well dont count on any otp higurashi pairing, guys, aint going to happen in a billion years.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 14, 2012 9:45 PM

Nov 2009
Bwahahahaha X'D he ended up with the grandma X3 ahahaha that was so perfect! also the whole episode was so cute ^^ I loved it also when Rena shoved cookies in his mouth... but yeah all in all it was so cute
Apr 5, 2012 7:00 PM

Nov 2011
A lot better than I originally thought. 5/5.
Apr 30, 2012 5:25 AM

Jul 2011
I think Mion would win. Why? Just see the beginning and the end of the episode and of course the doll that he gave to her.

Rena is the classic cute girl and a good cook but Keiichi is always been very passive in relation to her. And Shion will never entirely forget Satoshi.

As many already said it seemed more an extra episode than a spin-off, nice episode.
May 1, 2012 9:30 AM

Jan 2012
At least this episode as random as the previous two.

"We're gonna spin you round and round,
so your true love can be found."

*picks grandma*

XD
Jul 4, 2012 9:52 PM

Jul 2010
Kyaaa~! *fangirl explosion* That was so adorable!! I'm usually not like this, but seeing Keiichi and Mion together really pulled out my girly, romantic side. Best episode so far. And so hilarious at the end with Onibaba, gosh I love her :D
Jul 6, 2012 10:00 AM

May 2012
Haha so great, really love this OVA!
Jul 25, 2012 9:37 PM

Jun 2012
It felt like I was watching Higurashi, unlike the previous 2 episodes.

I wouldn't mind a full season of these types of episodes; peaceful Higurashi is a refreshing break from psychotic Higurashi.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Sep 1, 2012 7:54 PM

Aug 2012
Probably the only OVA i'll really enjoy, kind of wish there were a lot more episodes like this. I do like Mion and Keiichi
Sep 18, 2012 2:36 AM

Sep 2011
But the animation killed this episode, seriously. :(

Oct 8, 2012 9:06 PM
Jul 2009
lol Mion's grandmother is sooo creepy..

Dec 18, 2012 3:04 AM

Jun 2009
I'm getting used to this... Here's hoping for a good serio... It's not happening is it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2013 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
Laraso said:
It felt like I was watching Higurashi, unlike the previous 2 episodes.
I wouldn't mind a full season of these types of episodes; peaceful Higurashi is a refreshing break from psychotic Higurashi.

Totally agree, this episode felt like fitting into the actual Higurashi.
I wouldn't mind a peaceful post-Kai Higurashi 12+ ep serie.
Apr 10, 2013 6:34 AM

Mar 2013
I really like this ep, unlike the previous two.. The first one seemed to have some plot but then let you down, the second was utterly stupid but this kinda makes up for the rest..
This ep alone has taken my rating from 1 to 3 (Its pretty big if you think about it ^^)
RykyrApr 10, 2013 7:23 AM
Nov 6, 2013 11:53 PM

Oct 2013
Thought we were going to finally get some good mion and keiichi development and then it just turned on its head and started including rena and the others... the entire series makes it fairly blatant that Mion and Keiichi is the only possible relationship that could occur, ugh. Oh well at least this episode actually feels like somewhat of a continuation after the end of kai/rei and has a higurashi feel, unlike the other ova's...
Feb 8, 2014 12:28 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah well, i see the streak of shitty episodes continue, even though this was probably the prettiest so far...
Could anyone please tell me who was this shit intended for?

I loved Higurashi first two series though, so forgive my rage at the creators when i feel one of my favorite series turned into this thing that watching it makes me want to stab my eyes out. I can't stand it. And i already knew how it's going to progress in the first three minutes of this episode. I don't even know what to say.

And the sudden appearance out of nowhere of people giving advice to the characters was a convenient plot device. That was really well thought. Great job, everyone involved in this project! You definitely succeeded in ruining the series.

And I'm even more frustrated cause the art is quite good. I cannot say a bad word about it. Hanyuu looked so cute at the end of the episode. The only character which I could watch without complaining. I can only imagine what would 'true' Higurashi really look like with a good designs like this.

If only they have taken it seriously. Even so this was the "best" episode so far, with ending not making me frustrated for the first time. And for people saying this episode has a Higurashi feeling, I was the one who hated the club scenes in the first episode in every arc in the first season, those were really boring for me and so predictable so they didn't feel like Higurashi for me anyway. I just don't really feel like Higurashi works as a comedy series. I'm in no way saying that i watched the series for all the gore but I loved the mystery feeling and great character development especially of Rika and it's really not possible to present this in OVA so i rather it didn't exist at all or maybe present one arc from before in a different way. But not the shit without the plot it presented in first two episodes.

I have to go to sleep now, gonna watch last episode tomorrow and hope that it really is something at least average cause right now it's 2/10 for me.
removed-userFeb 8, 2014 12:39 AM
Apr 1, 2014 9:03 AM

Dec 2013
Love- Comedy <3 *.*
Apr 25, 2014 9:25 PM
Feb 2013
Okay, am really glad they went with the Mino ending and not the grandmother ending.
May 1, 2014 8:06 PM

Jun 2012
Aaaah, now that was fun to watch, not like two previous episode.
May 28, 2014 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
Better than the last 2. It was funny and I was hoping for a love episode. Unfortunately, the ending was unexpected. Lol. The grandma. Keichi's face was priceless.
Jun 5, 2014 8:37 AM
Sep 2013
Better than the last two episodes. But still not good as higurashi no naku koro ni. At least there's no ecchi.
Jul 16, 2014 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
As I always love romantic sub-plots in anime, I quite liked that episode. The ending with the grandma caught me by surprise^^ And Rika and Satoko playing their mischievous game was funny^^
Mar 23, 2015 9:10 AM

Aug 2014
Best episode so far.
Jun 13, 2015 12:45 PM

Aug 2014
Loved how Rika and Sakoto were trying to mess with Keeichi, and also how he ended up picking Mion's grandma instead xD
Aug 20, 2015 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
The animation with the faces and stuff seems really off. Okay episode.
Dec 4, 2015 1:05 AM
Aug 2012
Mion and Keiichi was so obvious in The first season and second. I don't see him being with Rena. Shion is still thinking about Satoshi. A harem ending would be good I guess lol. But overall, I would see Mion and Keiichi has the most canon pairing. The hints from this OVA and the actual series say so much.
GodofWar2015Dec 4, 2015 1:09 AM
Jan 8, 2016 3:08 PM

Aug 2015
lol @ Rena stuffing Keiichi with cookies.
Mar 31, 2016 5:23 PM
Jul 2012
Hated it.
Seriously, I lost all my respect for Shion. She was so madly in love with Satoshi that she killed all of her friends for him, including his+her sister and keiichi. Later, she learns that Satoshi is in coma at the clinic and she decides to wait for him.
I really liked her character, her loyalty was very admirable, but now this OVA turns everything upside down by making her into a slut. She is totally unfair for her sister. Who cares if he reminds her of Satoshi, he isn't Satoshi FFS. "I want to be treated as a girl too" isn't a damn excuse to betray your sister and lover.

Story wise he should choose Rena, they had most of the scenes together, and were paired in most of the situations. So she is already a Keniichi's companion. Declaring her a girlfriend would only make it official without disturbing the story.
Shion should wait for Satoshi, and he should join their club after waking up, or transfer to Shion's school since he wanted to leave the village in the first place. Besides, Shion isn't even the resident of the village, how is she supposed to be Keiichi girlfriend? Story wise it would be terrible.
Mion should remain a club president and the heir of the clan. She has 2 roles already, she doesn't need a 3rd one.
Toaster3dMar 31, 2016 6:01 PM
Feb 22, 2017 3:26 AM

Mar 2014
This episode of the entire franchise.
Jan 25, 2019 1:27 PM

Jul 2014
I'm surprised that this episode didn't have that much fanservice compared to the other ones.
May 9, 2020 6:47 PM
Apr 2019
I was waiting for an episode like this and it did not disappoint; that aside, I thought Keiichi lived in an older house in Hizamikawa not the newer more modern house seen in the episode
Aug 22, 2020 10:36 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was really cute and although it wasnt as "sexy" as the previous two episodes it was way better. Also I am totally shipping Keiichi and Shion! They look so cute together!!!!
I also loved how Rika and Satoko were there watching everything as it was happening. Oh and Hanyuu being nude and in the apron turned me on to the extreme hahahaha!
Rika's outfit also made me super horny...

Sep 30, 2020 1:16 PM

Apr 2013
Unexpectedly romantic episode. Not sure who I ship Keiich with tbh, Shion belongs to Satoshi. But Rena or Mion? Hmmm I probably have a slight tendency to Mion, she just seems to put more effort into it.
Oct 15, 2020 6:44 PM

Sep 2008
Keiichi can be with either Mion or Rena but not Shion. Shion literally went crazy and killed her friends because of her love for Satoshi in some arcs and now she's chasing Keiichi on this episode. It's nice to see a Keiichi x Mion episode, I think the Keiichi x Rena episode is the last episode of Rei.
Oct 16, 2020 7:51 PM

Jun 2019
xJc1 said:
Keiichi can be with either Mion or Rena but not Shion. Shion literally went crazy and killed her friends because of her love for Satoshi in some arcs and now she's chasing Keiichi on this episode. It's nice to see a Keiichi x Mion episode, I think the Keiichi x Rena episode is the last episode of Rei.

I'm an avowed Rena fan and staunchly in favor of that pairing, but on the subject of Shion, can it really be seen as a fault of her character? Considering, not just Shion, but Keiichi himself, Rena, and Satoko fell ill at different points for different reasons. The only ones who didn't fall ill were Mion and Rika herself.
Nov 11, 2020 7:55 AM
Oct 2019
Did the haters really think this OVA was gonna be serious like the Original???
Check the Genre: it's Parody

I swear the Animation budget was all into the Girls Boobs 😆

What an Wholesome & Hilarious episode...
Especially Keiichi choosing Oni-Baba was so funny 🤣
davidyodo24Nov 11, 2020 8:00 AM
Dec 20, 2020 3:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A girlfriend for Keiichi, this is so hilarious, I think I would choose Mion but Rena is also a great choice
Dec 25, 2020 9:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man, this episode kinda, lovely, but its still silly with all of those scenes. At the end, the winner was an oni granny! Lol. Poor Keiichi. Its better than he got a harem ending, tho xd. But, man, Rika, Satoko, and even Hanyuu, got a nicer design art at this episode. While Rika kinda playful at these episode. I wonder how beautiful their design in Gou? Well, lets save it for 2021!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 7, 2021 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
Nothing about her is tomboyish lol.
Cute episode though, sisters messing with each other was fun.
Jan 5, 2022 8:36 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting Love Quad filler episode of Higurashi. 6/10.
I would personally love canon romance routes of Mion and Rena from Ryukishi07, but I guess this is the next best thing, or possibly Higurashi Gou that I haven't watched yet.

I think the scenario of Shion helping Mion to get paired with Keiichi is realistic.
Unfortunately the angle of her falling in love with Keiichi in a setting where Satoshi is dead (in a world after Takano was defeated [note: Rika jokes "a 2nd Great Hinamizawa Distaster" would happen from this love quad]
feels off considering Shion loves Satoshi, who's alive in the end. Even if in fact, canonically she was attracted to Keiichi until she find out Satoshi was alive.
Rena's romantic interest towards Keiichi isn't as clear or strong in the visual novel either, but nonetheless ... 'Fun filler romance episode.

Personally, I prefer Keiichi x Mion.
It's hard not to want Mion to win over Rena as a sucker for heroine's who have a crush on the male ...even moreso since canonically Mion is the one to have the strongest romantic interest for Keiichi compared to Rena and Shion, as stated why before above.
Jul 21, 2023 6:20 PM
Jun 2023
probably one of my most favourite episodes in the series
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 22, 2011

220 by Taubensperma »»
Feb 9, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Favourite episode of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira?

Shiro- - Dec 3, 2012

6 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 25, 2023 2:41 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

2thuriel - Dec 20, 2011

102 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:50 PM

» Watching Order

Klefki_of_Awsome - Sep 24, 2022

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Sep 25, 2022 5:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Oosran - Sep 23, 2011

121 by waalex11 »»
Jan 5, 2022 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.