Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2011 11:00 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, geez. Who else got this episode right? I'm such a good detective. xD
May 21, 2013 3:27 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending! That sure was a big fish, lets see what's next. These stories sure are getting wicked!
May 19, 2014 7:55 AM

Jun 2011
Lovely OST. The stories so far are good.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 12, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2010
I liked how Count D points out that Jason doesn't actually love Eva, but actually feels bad for what happens and his guilt makes him believe that he loves her.
Jul 14, 2014 6:32 PM

Jan 2014
Cool. Very amusing. Eva sure was like that fish. Once she tasted the feeling of being loved, she couldn't get enough of it the same way the fish couldn't get enough of flesh. And Jason, I guess...
Mukkura said:
I liked how Count D points out that Jason doesn't actually love Eva, but actually feels bad for what happens and his guilt makes him believe that he loves her.
I guess you're right.. v.v And btw Leon and Count D are really amazing characters, whose stories I'd like to see more of. :3
Oct 7, 2014 6:25 PM

Apr 2012
Much preferred this to the first story, this ova makes great before-bed viewing.
Nov 24, 2015 12:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The character designs (specially the women) are absolutely gorgeous. The music and the general mood were pretty good too. Not much horror though
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 23, 2015 3:12 AM

Mar 2008
This episode broke its own atmosphere with some particularly overdone and distracting sound effects, and wow, that dirty cheesy sax. The 'siren's song' was particularly grating - neither all that haunting, and far too short to be replayed so many times.

The clash between the detective 'reality' side and the supernatural side of these stories has been particularly awkward so far - how are these monstrous murderous creatures explained away?

The mystery wasn't satisfying, the horror was underwhelming, the thematic 'Aesop' was rather unrealised, and the whole thing was far too similar to the first episode, minus the element of surprise.

On the upside, there was gorgeous art here and there, and the work on the mermaid was particularly striking.
CkanDec 23, 2015 3:15 AM
Jan 1, 2016 9:57 PM
Jun 2013
hmm the concept for this crime sounds like the natalie wood case. well that was a grusome death. Is the moral here dont be a dick? Also I wonder if eva really did love him. I mean she did kill herself.
Aug 27, 2016 10:28 AM

Feb 2014
Liked this episode much better, Jill is very sexy, the fish looked monstrous.
Apr 16, 2017 6:26 AM

May 2016
A repetitive yet soothing song followed by a naughty bit of sax. It's a heaven~

The biggest moral so far is to always turn on the lights so you wouldn't be tricked into seeing your loved one. Count Dessert reminds me of Michael Jackson in a way xD

Detective and his half-assed instincts lol

Jun 27, 2017 5:01 PM

Jun 2017
I actually accidentally watched this thinking it is episode 1 lol,because of a mistake in downloading i made XD

was really quite good tbh,although the result of him being eaten was predictable. also,i am confused how the fish that happened to eat Eva also happened to have metamorphing powers,then that same fish happened to come across the seller who happened to know the woman's husband >_>.
Sep 30, 2017 5:24 AM

Jul 2009
Another very curious case! Eva turned into a mermaid and ate her lover, so she could stay forever with him.
Sep 11, 2018 4:21 PM

Oct 2015
So how was that a mermaid? All I saw was a big man eating fish. Any way I love the tragic romance in this episode, I guess it was teaching us about two timing people.

Oh Iason! You wanted that fish Eva to eat you because you felt guilty for betraying her and that's why you didn't feed her.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 26, 2019 8:02 PM

Jan 2018
oh man such a cheese fest lol, kinda expected it tho. so far pretty good, specially for a 2 cent ova from the 90's.
Jul 17, 2020 8:43 AM

Jun 2020
great episode, and i loved the character designs!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 26, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2021
I actually had to sit back and think about this one's message. It was definetely more subtle and more complex than the previous. At first I thought it was about cheating but then realized it was about something else.
Oct 5, 2023 7:59 AM
May 2017
It was a very confusing but an interesting episode. Why did the mermaid wish Eva from the start or become any woman she eat?
Mar 29, 5:57 AM

Nov 2019
THE SOUND TRACK IS ALL I HEARED THE ENITRE EPISODE.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Petshop of Horrors Episode 1 Discussion

gijswitz - Sep 8, 2012

35 by Horshu »»
Mar 29, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Petshop of Horrors Episode 4 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 13, 2010

40 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 8, 2023 6:57 AM

Poll: » Petshop of Horrors Episode 3 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 21, 2013

18 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 6, 2023 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.