Forums
New
Have your parents ever hit/beaten you?
Yes
68.8%
No
31.2%
170 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 4, 2011 2:51 AM

Jun 2008
Narmy said:
bakuramariks said:
Carmine said:
Hitting will learn a child some dicipline but that's going too far.
Actually, hitting will not dicipline a child. He/she will most likely think that his/her parents don't love him/her and he/she is gonna rebel. Depend on the child's psyche and how he/she interprets it. It's better to explain it, then hitting a child.

You were never hit so how do you know that? That's pretty ridiculous logic, thinking your parents don't love you because you were disciplined for doing something wrong. If they hit you unprovoked, then yeah.

There many way to discipline your child without hitting it. Their is no need for it and any kind of argument for it is nothing but retarded.

Also i feel a little sorry for the kids this people here may have since they think their parents where right hitting them. I know they where probably just spanked lightly and they where horror children as they say but still violence isn't the way no matter how light it is. Besides if they where horror children it seems their parents did something wrong from the start.
MonadNov 4, 2011 2:55 AM
Nov 4, 2011 2:55 AM

Oct 2011
Lemme see... Yep pretty sure I got beaten up my whole childhood ah well atleast I gave a punch back and after a few times they never beat me again... I still did get punishments though I learned it the HARD way...
Nov 4, 2011 3:01 AM

Dec 2009
Living in a traditional Mexican family, I was hit quite a bit when I was younger... and in public too. I think it works as my friends and I agree that it has benefited us when it comes to behavior and discipline. I was raised in a culture where getting hit for misbehaving was normal so I'm not emotionally scared or nothing. I can see how some people can get emotionally scarred by being hit and all since they feel they are the only ones going through that issue.

I was never beaten though. That is child abuse in my opinion.
Nov 4, 2011 3:37 AM

Dec 2010
Monad said:
There many way to discipline your child without hitting it. Their is no need for it and any kind of argument for it is nothing but retarded.

Also i feel a little sorry for the kids this people here may have since they think their parents where right hitting them. I know they where probably just spanked lightly and they where horror children as they say but still violence isn't the way no matter how light it is. Besides if they where horror children it seems their parents did something wrong from the start.

Guardian reader.
Nov 4, 2011 3:52 AM

Dec 2010
Hitting your children has nothing to do with discipline. It's just the parents losing their nerves and forcing authority in the easiest way possible.
Nov 4, 2011 4:59 AM
Nov 2011
not at all
not for even a single time
Nov 4, 2011 8:55 AM

Dec 2010
I can count the number of times I've been whipped on one hand. My mother never really 'disciplined' as much as set an 'example'.

My father on the other hand use to be incapable of going on without verbally abusing and screaming at someone.
Nov 4, 2011 10:02 AM

Dec 2010
Carmine said:
I disagree; Sometimes, there's no other option. I've seen plenty kids who keep on screaming/misbehaving even after their parents punished them (without hitting).

If kids behave that badly it's either failed parenting or mental disorders.
Nov 4, 2011 10:03 AM
Nov 4, 2011 10:31 AM

Aug 2011
It all just depends on the parent(s) and child. I was hardass that wouldn't stop misbehaving until I was spanked. That was just how it was. My brother, on the other hand, just had to be scolded so he wouldn't act up. He's only been spanked a few times. All of which we're because of me now that I think about it.

Nov 4, 2011 10:45 AM

May 2008
Yeah got beat all the time, as my parents were originally from Asia beating your kids is standard procedure. Which I am going to carry on when I have kids lol

Lauriet said:

My father on the other hand use to be incapable of going on without verbally abusing and screaming at someone.

My dad is exactly the same, its like he is angry 24/7.
Nov 4, 2011 10:52 AM

Sep 2011
Yes, but nothing really serious and I probably deserved it.
Nov 4, 2011 10:56 AM

Oct 2009
My parents would slap my arm, leg or face if I was misbehaving as a child, but they never beat me.
Nov 4, 2011 12:53 PM

Feb 2009
My mom used to throw darts at me when I misbehaved, but my father just used fire.
Nov 4, 2011 12:55 PM

Aug 2011
My mom slapped me once.
My father beat me once, not sure up to what point.
Nov 4, 2011 1:06 PM

Jun 2009
many times when I was a child... my mom did it because I was really bad boy
Nov 4, 2011 1:19 PM

Jun 2011
my parents beat me too when i was little, well almost all asian parents do..
they did beat my little brother too but since i was taller than my father i made them stop
but you can see the difference in discipline between asians and; some western cultures though
nhavyNov 4, 2011 1:26 PM
Nov 4, 2011 4:18 PM

Aug 2009
Yes, many times.
I also hit my dad in the face once.
Nov 4, 2011 4:27 PM

Jun 2007
Any good parent will keep their children in line.
Nov 4, 2011 4:43 PM
Nov 2009
My parents didn't believe in smacking, and neither do I :) But dad has a bad temper and he hit me/mum a few times when he got mad. He slammed me into a door and strangled me once. I'm stubborn, so I used to just smile and say it didn't hurt ^_^;

I don't think hitting children achieves anything that positive reinforcement couldn't :)
AliceWillNov 5, 2011 3:43 PM
Nov 4, 2011 5:35 PM

May 2011
Well, yeah.

But every time was deserved because I was a sneaky brat. My mom wasn't too bad about it, though; she prefers verbal over physical. My dad, however, was beaten pretty badly sometimes when he was a kid, so in comparison, he's gone Real easy on us.

My sister got spanked and smacked every now and then. So did I, but I was the smartest and knew when to not cross the line/get caught. I figured from my brother's example. He'd be beaten because he was a horrible child. Every other day it seemed my dad would be taking the belt or any nearby object to him, but my brother never learned.

The worse I think I've ever gotten was my mom crushing my fingers in the door (half accidentally). As for actual beatings, my dad was worse on my brother than me, so it was never bad.

Now, however, my parents decided physical discipline was bad, so my three younger siblings don't ever get spanked, unless I do it. As long as you're not crossing the line, I don't have a problem with physically punishing a child. I believe every child should be smacked a little at least once when they're young. My little siblings haven't yet, though. They're all so spoiled rotten; it's not fair. -.-
Nov 4, 2011 5:53 PM

Nov 2007
Lilah said:
But dad has a bad temper and he hit me/mum a few times when he got mad. He slammed into a door and strangled me once
That's child abuse ಠ_ಠ
Nov 5, 2011 4:55 AM

Oct 2011
I was slapped my by mother once.
Nov 5, 2011 11:54 AM

Jan 2010
No. Not really, anyways. I was smacked and spanked a few times as a kid, but it wasn't a habit of theirs. I would have to do something really awful to be hit at all.
Nov 5, 2011 12:14 PM
Aug 2011
Yea, I was slapped a couple of times, but I totally deserved it
Nov 5, 2011 3:12 PM
Aug 2011
My mother constantly beat me when I was a child (once she hit me really hard when I got out of the car in my white socks and stepped on the grass). That went on until I got taller than her (and stronger). The last time she tried to hit me, was when I was 15, and I told her " Try if you dare", and that was when the physical violence stopped.
I really think she would hit me because she needed to blow off some steam (I was not a huge brat when I was little)
I think parents shouldn't hit their offspring , because it is not the proper way of education...and if the children really NEED a slap across the face, then it is usually the parents' fault for not bringing them up properly...
Nov 5, 2011 5:38 PM

Oct 2011
Yes, when I was a child I normally got hit when I did something wrong, I think it's a good method of education, I'm not against it, I'll hit my kids for sure xD
Nov 5, 2011 6:43 PM
May 2009
nerb said:
You should have made three categories: No, Spanked, and Child Abuse.

agree with this only id change spanked to something more like discipline
Nov 6, 2011 2:18 PM
Aug 2011
Yeah, definitely. But they never spanked me or something like that. I wasn't a calm kid at all...
Nov 6, 2011 2:29 PM
Sep 2009
No, I'd call the cops on my parents if they ever so much as tried to lay a hand on me. You've gotta show em who's boss.
Nov 6, 2011 2:57 PM

Dec 2009
*cough* isn't this sapposed to be personal!?

Anyways, I don't really remember but I wont talk about it.
Nov 6, 2011 5:02 PM

Dec 2009
Slapped a few times and had a hairbrush thrown at me but nothing too severe. Mostly my parents had the self control to take their anger at me out on other objects in the house.
Nov 6, 2011 5:20 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah heaps of times when I was younger. I was a a horrible kid growing up xD
It was mostly just slaps or hit with something, but it never got to a point where I had to be hospitalized.
Nov 6, 2011 5:27 PM

Jan 2009
Never "beaten" ( i.e. punched, kicked etc...) but I sure as hell got hit on the butt with the wooden spoon, belt. Even open hand slapped in the lips when I talked back. But IMO that is what any normal parent should do.
Nov 6, 2011 5:35 PM

Oct 2007
I got the odd smack from my mum when I was being a particularly bratty little shit, but nothing that I didn't deserve.
Nov 6, 2011 7:27 PM

May 2009
Yeah, quite often until elementary school ended, usually on the butt/thighs, either with hand or a belt. Nothing really bad though, I did deserve all of it and I don't think there's anything wrong with parents spanking their kids to discipline them as long as they don't go too far.
Nov 6, 2011 7:30 PM

Jun 2009
Of course as kid,but i deserved it and i know it,that's how u grow up. fuck i was a bad kid.
Nov 7, 2011 4:54 AM

Nov 2008
nerb said:
You should have made three categories: No, Spanked, and Child Abuse.

The second category should be "corporal punishment". Slapping would be enough to qualify. I don't know why people always think of spanking. I find it far too demeaning.

Nov 7, 2011 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah in my earlier days i had but my father threatened to bash me last week was not the best of days for me.
Nov 8, 2011 8:41 PM
Jun 2011
My dad hit me but I will take the fault because I told him to quite a few times before he actually did it and then I hit him back and that lead into a 5 minute rumble. I was bruised and sore and didn't look so good the next day... I am female and no... that was the first and hopefully better be last time. I do not plan to tell him to hit me again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2011 8:45 PM

Jul 2010
At least once, by my mom because she was beating me up about me getting a part-time job and I was 17 at that time.
Nov 8, 2011 9:39 PM

Apr 2008
Yep, long time ago.
Sure needed a smacking to my mouth once or twice.
But the harsher beatings ended before long.
Nov 9, 2011 4:17 AM

Aug 2007
animelly said:
At least once, by my mom because she was beating me up about me getting a part-time job and I was 17 at that time.

The fuck? You should have beat her yourself for such a retarded reason to get beat.
Nov 9, 2011 5:00 AM

Sep 2011
Couple of times. Some were lame, and some hardcore, but nothing that drastic to make me hit the hospital.

One which I particularly remember is when my mom went ninja style and threw a knife at me.
Have you cuddled yer spoon recently ?

Nov 9, 2011 6:38 AM

Jan 2010
My ex step-mom slapped me once, but nothing more than that. I don't think you should ever abuse your children, not even with "spanking".
Nov 9, 2011 9:38 AM

Jun 2008
I was a good kid, so I got slapped only a couple of times, for serious things. Never spanked.

It's disturbing to see how many violent parents there are.

DevilishTime said:
Yes, when I was a child I normally got hit when I did something wrong, I think it's a good method of education, I'm not against it, I'll hit my kids for sure xD
People like you should not have children. Or dogs, for that matter.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Nov 9, 2011 9:48 AM

May 2010
When I was a kid till my teenage years, yeah, so much that my lips/mouth, nose, and some other body parts bled countless times. Even once got beaten up the night before my birthday. Tough body I got here though. :P And they were the ones who apologized first anyway so I guess that's okay...?

DesolateOne said:
Hell yeah. I got my ass beat plenty of times.

It's fucked up but I got beaten so bad once that cops came and tried to take me away.

I got beat up another time so bad it left me in bed for 2 days straight.

First instance was for such a dumb reason but second was totally my fault.

Fck. Even if it was your fault that was just too much. ):
stormgoddessNov 9, 2011 9:51 AM
Nov 9, 2011 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
A good parent won't have to lay a hand on there child.
I never got spanked or slaped as child.
And you never deserve to be hit cause that's just the easy way out.
Nov 9, 2011 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
No huge beating, but i did get some bruise and stuff. There was also alot of yelling, me and my sis were raised to be perfect lil children that are always nice and no misbehavior were tolered.

We go visit an uncle? Sit down there and don't move or talk until we leave. If i was thirsty and accepted a juice or something that the host offered me (i DARE make the host work), i could see the '' Just wait till we get home '' in my dad eyes.

Anyway, something seem to have changed in the past years, my little brother never got touched or anything, and he's growing into a nice spoiled ignorant king of the world, like most of the kids today... If a little beating is all it take to removed those brats from the face of earth i'm all for it.
Nov 9, 2011 12:14 PM

Jan 2011
I never got caught for the shit I did so no.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.