Have your parents ever hit/beaten you?
Yes
68.8%
No
31.2%
170 votes
Nov 3, 2011 4:00 PM
Apr 2009
I was wondering, have you ever been beaten or hit by your parents when you were young? Are they still doing it? What do you think about parents doing this? I don't think hitting is needed unless the kids really don't listen.
BluestraDec 26, 2018 3:51 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2011 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
As a kid Of course. When I went out of line and really misbehaved. It stopped after I matured, well they had to. I'm bigger than them now xD
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Nov 3, 2011 4:07 PM

May 2011
No.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 3, 2011 4:10 PM

Jan 2008
Does taking a kitchen knife and stabbing it through our wooden door telling us to shut the hell up count?
Nov 3, 2011 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
yh, a couple slaps in the butt enough to make me rethink my actions sufficed :P
Nov 3, 2011 4:19 PM

Jan 2011
Nope
Nov 3, 2011 4:23 PM

Jul 2011
I got my ass beat when I was little by a bamboo stick. Multiple times.
Nov 3, 2011 4:24 PM

Jun 2011
Insidious said:
I got my ass beat when I was little by a bamboo stick. Multiple times.

Had something similar except it was more of a bamboo branch....
Nov 3, 2011 4:25 PM

Sep 2010
I got spanked once and then I started laughing so my mom never did it again.
Nov 3, 2011 4:25 PM

Dec 2010
Hell yeah. I got my ass beat plenty of times.

It's fucked up but I got beaten so bad once that cops came and tried to take me away.

I got beat up another time so bad it left me in bed for 2 days straight.

First instance was for such a dumb reason but second was totally my fault.

Nov 3, 2011 4:29 PM

Dec 2009
Not sure about when I was little, but ever since I was 4 they never beat me even once, since I didn't really do anything that really crossed the line.
Nov 3, 2011 4:29 PM

Jun 2010
Yep. xP First time was when I went to the friend house without telling them. It was police everywhere, and I was playing in friend's room. xD I think I had 6 years.
Tell the victims to kill eachother.
Nov 3, 2011 4:34 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah I got beat with various wooden objects but I probably deserved it.
Nov 3, 2011 4:36 PM

Mar 2011
Yeah, belt was used often in the past and the hand
Courtesy of Paul

Jun 2010
Some wooden things here as well, and as I recall, something broke on my bottom.

Dec 2010
Carmine said:
DesolateOne said:
It's fucked up but I got beaten so bad once that cops came and tried to take me away.

I got beat up another time so bad it left me in bed for 2 days straight.

First instance was for such a dumb reason but second was totally my fault.

That's bad. Hitting will learn a child some dicipline but that's going too far.

No kidding, huh?

Nov 3, 2011 4:38 PM

Jun 2011
Yup, a few times. I see nothing wrong with that.
Nov 3, 2011 4:53 PM

Dec 2010
Only when I was very young (no older than 7-8?), and only a swipe across the back of the legs as I was fleeing the inevitable. :P
Nov 3, 2011 5:05 PM
Feb 2010
You should have made three categories: No, Spanked, and Child Abuse.
Nov 3, 2011 5:11 PM

Dec 2008
from time to time when i was 5-8 i think, even though it was nothing serious i still became afrid of my dad for that period, but now that im older i cant really blame him for doing so.
Nov 3, 2011 5:25 PM

Mar 2011
On occasion between the ages 4-10. After that I can count the assaults on one hand. But one did involve trying to strangle me, and another was hitting me in the face, but I let bygones be bygones.
Nov 3, 2011 5:33 PM

Mar 2008
No. It probably helped that I wasn't an idiot (except for misjudgment at times) as a kid. The worst was when I lied and a slipper was thrown at me, since lying is my dad's pet peeve.
Nov 3, 2011 5:56 PM

Aug 2011
yup. all the time wen i was a kid but i cant really blame them; i got in trouble alot back then. il probly also spank my kids wen i get older because i personally feel that time-out's are the most ineffective way of punishing children because its not necessarily a punishment. wen i was 4-6 wen i was given time outs i had to sit straight up on my bed, stare at my window, and not move for hours until my dad came in again to tell me that i was done. that was my family's version of a "time-out". i feel that by giving your child a short time-outs (5-30mins) like most families who dont spank do, you have a much higher chance of your child growing up to be a spoiled, prissy douche.

but there is a huge difference between punishment and abuse, i dont consider anything that was done to me to be abuse. i may have hated it when it happened to me at the time but now in retrospect i see that i deserved almost all of th e punishments i was given.
"Throw away your logic and kick reason to the curb! Beautifully following the golden road! If there’s a wall, we knock it down! It’s a road built with these hands! The Magma of the Heart’s Final Ignition! Perfect Unification Gurren-Lagann!"
Nov 3, 2011 5:59 PM

Feb 2009
Mostly along my backside, generally by hand or with assorted wooden objects. But I deserved it, I was a little punk as a kid. Hasn't happened since I was, like, 8 or something though.
Nov 3, 2011 6:04 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah, I got beat when I was a child by parents and teachers back home and in Canada by my parents. Some I deserved, some I didn't, but lessons were learned. :) No one hits me anymore that I'm all grown up. XD
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Nov 3, 2011 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
Always mom... And always 'cause of younger bro :/
She was beating me up with fly swatter (But with thing you handle it) ,it was from plastic,so one day when she hit me,it broken,after that she gave up :D
Nov 3, 2011 6:15 PM

Nov 2009
Carmine said:
Hitting will learn a child some dicipline but that's going too far.

Actually, hitting will not dicipline a child. He/she will most likely think that his/her parents don't love him/her and he/she is gonna rebel. Depend on the child's psyche and how he/she interprets it. It's better to explain it, then hitting a child.

As for the question: No, my parents never hit me, but whenever i did something 'bad', my dad pulled my ear xD.
Nov 3, 2011 6:29 PM

Jun 2011
bakuramariks said:
Carmine said:
Hitting will learn a child some dicipline but that's going too far.
Actually, hitting will not dicipline a child. He/she will most likely think that his/her parents don't love him/her and he/she is gonna rebel. Depend on the child's psyche and how he/she interprets it. It's better to explain it, then hitting a child.

You were never hit so how do you know that? That's pretty ridiculous logic, thinking your parents don't love you because you were disciplined for doing something wrong. If they hit you unprovoked, then yeah.
Nov 3, 2011 6:30 PM

Oct 2011
No, never.
Nov 3, 2011 6:36 PM

Jul 2011
nopez. but my bother has. alot. :/
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
Nov 3, 2011 6:46 PM

Nov 2009
Narmy said:
You were never hit so how do you know that? That's pretty ridiculous logic, thinking your parents don't love you because you were disciplined for doing something wrong. If they hit you unprovoked, then yeah.

Lol, that's why i said that it depends on the child's psyche and his/her interpretation. A child's psychology is fragile and absolutely different from the adult one.
Nov 3, 2011 6:50 PM

Mar 2011
Yes to be very honest, got hit with a duster stick on the palm of my hand. Also slap in the face as well.. hard, I think it was the right thing to do since I was going through puberty and my behaviour was quite rebellious. They mostly happen anyway because my dad tries to take me off the computer, game consoles forcefully. It's always got to do with video games or computers :(
Nov 3, 2011 6:57 PM

Dec 2009
Yes. And I don't oppose that, depending on situations.
Nov 3, 2011 7:01 PM

Aug 2011
I was an evil genius when I was little. Before I could walk I was trying to think of ways to piss my parents off. It was a small smack to the hand then. When I got older I started getting a smack to the backside. Pre-teen years I got the belt. If I wanted to be a smartass I was slapped, sometimes both. I highly doubt that my parents would think twice about disciplining me because I'm bigger than them. They could kick my ass even if I was 6 feet tall. No doubt about that. "You're never too old to get your ass tore up." I believe that. O.o

Needless to say, I'm thankful that they're raising me the way that they are. I would be the most punkass teenager on the planet if they let me get away with the stuff I did. I have gotten "beaten" before. I would call it abuse. However my father was drunk and I just wanted to tick him off because I thought he deserved it at the time. I was asking for it, therefore I hold no grudge against him or my mother.

If they beat on me for no reason, then that would be a completely different story.

Nov 3, 2011 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
I think so, but nothing other than a butt slap.

Out of interest, there's a youtube video of a dad viciously going at it to a girl who set up a hidden camera so she'd have proof to convict him. That kind of stuff is going waaayyyy too far, but she was brave to stick it up on youtube.

I would dig up the video but I don't even know if I want to post it. It's just over 7 minutes of agonisingly painful viewing (couldn't watch the thing myself, but was linked it through skype tonight).
Nov 3, 2011 7:37 PM

Feb 2009
Spanked, yes, beaten no.

I had parents, not assholes that just looked like parents.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Nov 3, 2011 8:45 PM

Aug 2010
Nope
Nov 3, 2011 8:52 PM

Aug 2008
Spanked. Yes.

Beaten. No.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Nov 3, 2011 8:57 PM

Oct 2011
Of course I got hit, I did stupid shit... I still feel really lucky though. I only got grounded once in my entire childhood, and I've gotten suspended from school... and I still didn't get grounded.
Nov 3, 2011 10:18 PM

Apr 2009
As a toddler - kicked up the butt
As a child - choked, sufforcated with pillow, shoved into walls and doors, had my arm pulled almost out of socket, face shoved into shit (literally fecal matter)
Teenager - Nothing..because once I realised it was wrong..I told someone and they dealt with it.

Can I just say..step parents suck.
Nov 3, 2011 10:23 PM

Nov 2007
I don't remember being spanked, but my brother sure was. My dad preferred to spank on the back with his hand. I do remember getting pinched by my mom on the thigh if I started to fall asleep in church, but most of my punishments were getting sent to my room or just getting yelled at. I didn't do much that warranted spanking.
Nov 3, 2011 10:31 PM
Apr 2009
all us kids were spanked... although I was the only one who was regularly beaten like a dog. ;)
Nov 3, 2011 10:41 PM

Apr 2009
Ah, I remember the belt well. No abuse though. IMO, discipline is better than doing nothing at all and letting your child get away with all kinds of shit.
Nov 3, 2011 11:01 PM

Aug 2008
My dad used to shove me down to the floor and yell and me to get up. If I did, he'd kick me in the legs so I'd fall and he could do it over again. If I didn't get up, he'd grab me by the hair and then shove me back down... so either way, lose-lose for me :<

My mother used to use chopsticks against me... you know, those BIG, LONG chopsticks that we Asians use for cooking (and not for eating). She would hit me on the back of my hands, where she claimed that there are nerves very sensitive to those kinds of beatings.

Looking back, I deserved my dad's beating. My dad doesn't get mad over trivial things, so when he is mad, it's because I screwed up BIG time. My mom though... sometimes I did, other times I don't feel like I deserved it. Meh, overall I'm kind of grateful. They stopped hitting me once elementary school ended.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 3, 2011 11:13 PM

Feb 2007
My grandma and mom thought spanking was great when I was young, though I did not live with my mom long so yeah that ended. She would also smack me and stuff but she was super unstable. She one pinned me down and attacked me, which was scary, but I really wouldn't say I was physically abused. I think people who were had it a lot worse in that department. Mentally abused, though, is a different story.

When I was older (I mean ~10) my grandma tried to spank me, but I ran off into the forrest (she lives in the middle of nowhere) yelling "Spanking is outdated and if you try to hit me ever again I will hit you harder!" She didn't ever try again though! :> So no, I have not actually hit my grandma.

My dad would smack me upside the head for being a smart ass, but it didn't hurt so much. He didn't spank though. He will punch me hard if I punch him first, but obviously that is just me punching him and him punching me back.
Nov 3, 2011 11:25 PM

Jun 2008
When I was younger.....YES, I got hit many times, although looking back at it I kinda deserved it.

I was a little monster at school, always getting in trouble and getting into fights.
Nov 3, 2011 11:27 PM

Aug 2008
I make this pledge:

Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Nov 4, 2011 12:05 AM

Nov 2008
Yes, they did when we were little. Our father was apparently more abusive, which is why our mother divorced.

Nov 4, 2011 2:01 AM

May 2010
No, not even once. If I did something bad when I was a kid my dad took away my PC and my LEGO. I once told him that I'd rather take a hard beating instead of him taking away my toys xD
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Nov 4, 2011 2:26 AM
Aug 2010
I never got beaten up shout at and spanked but I never got beaten....
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.