Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2011 4:19 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 3 is out in Raw!

Fam were picked up in Vanguard ship when she was a baby, the 2 people died in Vanguard Ship, they could be Fam's parents.

They bless people that died in the battle.

I guess it's turn out good

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 28, 2011 8:34 PM

Jun 2011
What a lovely episode, I like it =]
I wonder if the season will actually end with the Grand Race~
Oct 28, 2011 10:37 PM
Oct 2011
That was a fantastic.

Also, that beautiful piano music at the end of the ep (that then expands for a moment), sooo good!
Oct 29, 2011 4:34 AM

Jul 2009
This one's exactly like chapter 4 of the manga. The memorial service scene for the dead of Turan is just as powerful.

In other news, Silvius the "Reaper" sighted! Without a doubt Tatiana and Alister will appear in the next episode.

arsonalOct 29, 2011 4:42 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Oct 29, 2011 7:01 AM

May 2009
Silvius (or should I say Silvana(?)) is gonna show up in the next ep! Can't wait for Tatiana and Alister's comeback and assuming that it really is the same ship from the first series, I really think that Tatiana has become the next captain and Alister as the bridge commander though seeing her vanship in the next ep's preview could tell otherwise.
Oct 29, 2011 10:29 PM

Jul 2009
Silvius is not the same ship, but it's very similar to Silvana. Personally, I think Silvius has a sleeker design.

Silvius:

Silvana:
Oct 30, 2011 7:05 AM

Aug 2010
I don't read the manga... But Silvius have Anatoray's emblem... So the crew in Silvius could be the same of Silvana...?
Oct 30, 2011 3:29 PM
Aug 2009
Can't wait too see the Silvius. (reaper ship now huh? not much difference from kill-em-all i guess)
I agree with arsonal it looks sleeker, but it looks much more vulnerable than the Silvana.
It seems to carry the role of carrier more than flagship or battleship this time. Anyone willing to hazard a guess as to who the moody emo commander is going to be this time? and to a lesser extent wether Fam's gonna be able to steal this ship?
Oct 30, 2011 4:22 PM
Dec 2007
I don't know what spell they're using seriously but every episode seems more soporific than the provious one. It's like Sora no Woto in the world of Last Exile.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 30, 2011 6:06 PM

Jul 2011
Liked the episode better than the last one, this show could really go either way atm, it depends on how they build the storyline. The OST is great, so is the OP/ED, the animation and art are good too. Characters are fine, not much development yet.

4/5
Oct 30, 2011 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
I like this episode as well but I'm having some issues with the story line.

1. how many years between the two series ?

2. they are talking about a grand race 10 year ago but if there is les than 10 year between the two series, the gran race was not the last one (remember the cave race that claus lavi and dio participate ?)

3. wich continent is it what happened to the two country who fought during last exile "for the sky freedom" ?

Anyway I assume (or hope) we will know later but I think most of those question can be answered if we know the time gap between the 2 series.

and newt episode for sure we'll see tatiana, I saw a red vanship in the ending ;)
Oct 30, 2011 7:48 PM
Jul 2011
Sakymura said:

2. they are talking about a grand race 10 year ago but if there is les than 10 year between the two series, the gran race was not the last one (remember the cave race that claus lavi and dio participate ?)

3. wich continent is it what happened to the two country who fought during last exile "for the sky freedom" ?

Anyway I assume (or hope) we will know later but I think most of those question can be answered if we know the time gap between the 2 series.

and newt episode for sure we'll see tatiana, I saw a red vanship in the ending ;)

1. in the episode they said turanians returned to earth 118 years ago.

3. the original Last Exile took place on Prester, the sequel takes place on Earth
Oct 30, 2011 7:53 PM

Jul 2009
KanPaTo said:
Sakymura said:

1. in the episode they said turanians returned to earth 118 years ago.

3. the original Last Exile took place on Prester, the sequel takes place on Earth

ok thanks, so know people are ferrying between earth and prester with the exile or something like that?
Oct 30, 2011 8:08 PM

Feb 2005
arsonal said:
Silvius is not the same ship, but it's very similar to Silvana. Personally, I think Silvius has a sleeker design.

Silvius:
Well, looking at the design, it could simply be a extensive upgrade. Notice the the location of the bridge and the forward turret, as well as the ring like structure in the middle. All the rest could merely have been added onto the old hull.

But I don't remember, what happened with it in the original series? It wasn't destroyed in the end, was it?
Oct 31, 2011 1:58 AM

May 2010
Pretty good episode.

I agree that memorial service scene is really sentimental together with the music.

I'm kinda curious about the Grand Race they're talking about.
Oct 31, 2011 8:11 AM
Aug 2007
Baman said:

But I don't remember, what happened with it in the original series? It wasn't destroyed in the end, was it?

It wasn't destroyed. When Sophia goes to Alex's grave, Silvana comes up behind her.

It's possible that the Silvius used to be Silvana, but it doesn't mean it IS Silvana. If it used to be it, it's got at least a few crew changes at the very least according to the website listing some characters.

I myself doubt the Silvius is just Silvana. I think they based the Silvius on Silvana's build but it's an entirely new structured body. It's longer and wider, and ithas more armaments than Silvana did.
KageOct 31, 2011 8:23 AM
Oct 31, 2011 12:38 PM

Jul 2009
Sakymura said:

According to official Twitter, there's a two-year gap between the end of Last Exile and the beginning of Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam. The events of this interlude is being written out in the manga Last Exile: Sunadokei no Tabibito. In the manga,

Sakymura said:

The Grand Race of Earth and the race on Prester in the original series are two different things.

Sakymura said:

Again, two different planets. Anatoray and Disith are on Prester. Turan and Ades are on Earth, or should I say the "blue world".
arsonalOct 31, 2011 12:53 PM
Oct 31, 2011 1:16 PM

Dec 2007
I still can't stand what they did to Dio :( I thought they had important reason to put him there, and his role in the plot will be somehow prominent, but all he did till now was just provide some unimportant informations. He was very compicated kid in the first LE, and now he's just a background to some not well build first plan characters like Fam :(

I WANT REAL DIO!!!! T_T
Oct 31, 2011 8:30 PM

Sep 2007
Silvius eh? Certainly can't be a coincidence that it resembles the Silvana.
Nov 1, 2011 4:29 AM

Oct 2010
It will be great to see some old faces come back from the first LE series. I hope that they play a prominent role in this anime, for now I'm not really feeling the characters, personally I just feel nothing for them atm.

Id like to see a male lead somewhere in there, with all the female characters its just starting to become an emotional storm of boring.
Nov 1, 2011 4:33 AM

Jun 2010
Despite the concerns over the Silvius and Silvana, I'm just excited to see our old vanships again looking to make an appearance in the next episode. Enough with the flying motorcycles (the Vespas)! Give me VANSHIPS!
Nov 1, 2011 4:44 AM

May 2010
That was a beautiful ceremony !!
Nov 1, 2011 8:02 AM

Jun 2008
Not a bad episode although after the last two action packed episodes it felt a little boring.
Nov 1, 2011 9:21 AM
Aug 2007
Zeream said:
Despite the concerns over the Silvius and Silvana, I'm just excited to see our old vanships again looking to make an appearance in the next episode. Enough with the flying motorcycles (the Vespas)! Give me VANSHIPS!

There's been one there the whole time. It's just an Earth-tech vanship
http://www.animax-asia.com/shows/lastexile/gallery/mecha/vanship
Nov 1, 2011 9:50 PM
Oct 2011
Not that good, but the BGMs are godly.
Nov 2, 2011 12:08 AM

Apr 2010
I can say I'm enjoying this series a bit more than the original. I'm glad they did a remake.

Nov 2, 2011 4:18 PM

Apr 2008
Still just sort of alright. Anyone else hear I was adopted as I am an exile key?
Nov 3, 2011 8:58 PM
Jun 2011
Bio said:
Still just sort of alright. Anyone else hear I was adopted as I am an exile key?

Yep.

My only question is how are people getting all this info about what's been going on outside of the anime(s)

I didn't even know the planet was called Prester, and I'm still curious how the people from Prester came to earth all of a sudden.
Nov 4, 2011 2:38 AM

Jul 2009
Ryozu said:
Bio said:

Yep.

My only question is how are people getting all this info about what's been going on outside of the anime(s)

I didn't even know the planet was called Prester, and I'm still curious how the people from Prester came to earth all of a sudden.

Prester is the planet in the original Last Exile. The name was never mentioned in the series, but it was named on its website as well as subsequent guide books that came with the series.
Nov 4, 2011 1:50 PM
Oct 2011
Ryozu said:
I'm still curious how the people from Prester came to earth all of a sudden.

The first series actually ended with many of the main characters boarding the Exile for Earth, this was actually shown in the show itself.
Nov 7, 2011 3:29 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Keliose said:
I still can't stand what they did to Dio :( I thought they had important reason to put him there, and his role in the plot will be somehow prominent, but all he did till now was just provide some unimportant informations. He was very compicated kid in the first LE, and now he's just a background to some not well build first plan characters like Fam :(

I WANT REAL DIO!!!! T_T

Dio should NOT be the Dio of Last Exile - Dio has been through much. He lost his best friend, was terrorized and brainwashed by his sister, forced to fight in a massive duel to the death, and finally had a nervous breakdown in the end. That would change anyone. This is only episode 3 of 21 - there is plenty of time for him yet.
Nov 7, 2011 3:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
clannadlover said:
and to a lesser extent wether Fam's gonna be able to steal this ship?

I haven't seen the next episode yet, but though I loved the look on her face when she announced she was going to steal it, I'd be willing to bet she'll find she bit off more than she could chew :)
Jan 3, 2012 4:48 PM
Jul 2011
This show takes the original LE and then turns it into Moe Moe and expects a winning formula, no it pisses me off. Shallow characters to top it off, I'll still watch in hopes that it gets better but still... :S

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Aug 3, 2012 3:25 AM
Dec 2010
For those who are lost in Last exile events try out this link,Last Exile time line it says most of it, what happened before, during, after 1st season. What is perster, what is Exile, even explain role of Guild and other things ...

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyAug 3, 2012 3:35 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 31, 2012 8:44 PM

May 2008
least favorite i kept falling a sleep :/ but im still interested i just hope the story or the action picks up. i want some thing interesting.
Dec 8, 2013 8:36 AM

May 2012
Interesting development, it does look like the next episode will be a bit more casual but well let's see what's next!
Feb 2, 2014 3:55 AM

Aug 2013
Ahh...now I know why I like LE's characters so much: they're not too chatty.

The ending of LE was just vague so I had to read the wiki a bit just to understand what's going on. So LE was set in Prester and Fam is set on Earth. No wonder I was confused lol.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 24, 2021 4:46 PM

Aug 2017
Milia's ears are a bit pointy, maybe the Guild people are her ancestors?

Still can't get over the fact that the pirate base is named Kartoffel xD

Seems to me that the princess of the Federation is being lied to about the situation outside... Well, unless Turan really was founded that way.

P.S. I wonder what happened to the stolen ship from ep 1 and its crew.

P.P.S. The way camera movement is used to show different characters enter/exit the scene, or to shift focus really reminds me of what Yasuhiro Yoshiura does in his works.
St0rmbladeJul 24, 2021 4:59 PM
Feb 21, 2023 7:03 PM
Jul 2021
Same sh!t as in the other two episode, rinse and repeat.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

79 by tsog »»
May 2, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.