Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 2012 11:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No OP.

History of making of Exiles. So he wants to complete the "wish" of the people from olden day for making them.

Giving up the dream vs. keeping the dream.

After hearing Fam's explanation (the inserted song "Wings of Honor" was beautiful), he entrusted Sara and the world to her, and he's staying behind.

The old man wants someone to give the chain with Fam's mother's photo to Fam.

Last Exile has fallen with eye-patch guy. Fam cries at Sara's questions, which involves the two dead people.

Peaceful world under Sara's leading. Fam cries when she received it.

ED: "Kaze no Kyoukaisen (風の境界線)"

Wow, the main two from previous series appeared among the audiences of watching Grand Race!
tsubasaloverMar 23, 2012 11:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 23, 2012 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
Claus and Lavie...

episode 3/5 series 5/5 (8.5/10)
Mar 23, 2012 12:10 PM
Apr 2011
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEGS CLAUS
Mar 23, 2012 6:55 PM
Feb 2012
Arghh
The ending had what I was afraid of
1: Several pointless/symbolic deaths. Luscina, fine, but why the ***** the old man.
2:Fam ancestry played no point at all in the plot. It could have been removed and nothing changed.
I'm not saying she needed to have some royal exile power, but her being the old general's granddaughter should have had some significance(even if it was just causing him to switch sides at a strategic moment.
3:Fam lost the grand race she looked forward to this whole bloody series. I would have been ok if she was not #1, but not even in the top 3(well it looks like by technicality she did make 3rd, but by technicality!!!). ***** The race's victor should have just been left ambiguous
Mar 23, 2012 10:03 PM

Jun 2011
So... For the WHOLE FREAKING EPISODE, I was waiting for Claus and Lavie to appear. They can't possibility only have that one scene
They appear in the VERY end and we all realize that Claus can't fly anymore! >_<

Grand Race at the end, as expected.
Dio was first but he was disqualified becase of his vanship.
Fam and Gisselle got lucky, now they are third place

The 3D animation was amazing in 2003. But now, it has became "common".
ShihMar 31, 2012 7:58 PM
Mar 25, 2012 2:56 AM
Jul 2007
fail last episode. why so many deaths and wars and.......... it were all pontless. these series could have been summed in 3-4 episodes ova. nothing to compare with the first season. and exactly why to show claus and lavi. to see him handicapped he made a cameo appearance.

fail an fail and more fail.
Mar 25, 2012 10:21 AM

Feb 2010
Oh Gonzo.

「いっぱい足踏んじゃったよ」
Seriously, Fam?
Mar 26, 2012 10:57 AM
Mar 2012
I don't really feel satisfied with the ending. At least Dio was cute, haha.

I'm a bit disappointed that Alvis was just sort of a tracking device and her role as a key to Exile was set up but not really used.

Fam's story should have been either more developed and woven into the story or not used at all. It was pointless. A lot of things in this show ended up feeling like they were pointless, actually.
Mar 26, 2012 2:00 PM
Aug 2008
This series took all the plot holes from first season and made them twice as big, but for some reason I can't bring myself to hate it. Maybe it's the soundtrack *puts googles on*

I don't know if there ever will be third season, but total disarmament sets up pretty bad start for some Guild forces returning on another Exile.
Mar 26, 2012 4:25 PM

Mar 2009
7/10
Mar 26, 2012 6:12 PM

Jun 2011
I'm not satisfied with what happened here. It was good but at the same time not that good either i honestly let out one long drawn out 'sighhhhhh' then said its over
episode: 7
series: 7
Mar 26, 2012 7:56 PM
Feb 2012
Lich_King said:

I don't know if there ever will be third season, but total disarmament sets up pretty bad start for some Guild forces returning on another Exile.

The Anatoray/Disith Exile was the last exile hence the name Last Exile. Its return got delayed due to how its Guild fell apart and didn't know how to repair their Prestor world.
Mar 26, 2012 10:33 PM

May 2011
T-T Even though I love the series as a whole, this final episode was not satisfying at all. I agree about the deaths, but I am more distressed about the amount of...err more like lack of...involvement a lot of major characters had.
I am not sure I can call this a "highlight" but for me the most significant part was when Dio said "Yukou, Luciola." ^^; Oh how I miss the first season.
Also, I am content with reading the manga to find out what happened to Claus and Lavie, but I really wish they could have explained a bit in the anime.

With that said, I am still grateful that they made this season. ^^ That was the Last Exile wasn't it.. Thank you Gonzo!
Mar 27, 2012 1:04 AM

Sep 2011
ummm you guys know theirs a ep 22 and ep 23 right? Lol
Mar 27, 2012 3:14 PM

May 2009
rammsteingod said:
ummm you guys know theirs a ep 22 and ep 23 right? Lol

Nope, just some fansub groups counted two recaps.

This anime was bad. Especially last 2 episodes. The finale where Fam just talks to Luscinia is facepalm.
Gonzo, start doing good anime or just die.
4/10
Mar 27, 2012 3:32 PM

Apr 2011
The ending was bad. Was hoping AL summon her Exile to squash Luscinia Grand Exile.

Claus is disable? At least let us know what happen (or manga). Lavie is cute and her breast gotten bit bigger, but not Russian Big enough!
Mar 27, 2012 11:39 PM

Nov 2011
A nice and rare gem of the Winter season. 9/10 in my book

Mar 28, 2012 12:58 AM
Nov 2010
Ehhh...So Luscinia started a war so he can take the blame and stop that other war and destroy the Exile in the mid time...am I missing something here?
I was hoping for a good ending but imo this episode didn't make this series any justice.
Parts I loved:
- Dio: Let's go Lucciola (This made me cry)
- Claus and Lavi.
- Sophia hugging? Vincent.
7/10.
Mar 28, 2012 5:11 AM

Feb 2007
Luscinia's purpose was a bit all over the place.

All I was interested in was Anatoray's presence on Earth. I don't think they ever explicitly stated that Anatoray was in Prestor. The writers probably tried hard to keep the old Last Exile from the viewer's focus, but from comments I'm reading, that's what a lot of people were looking forward to. Even after finishing the series, I'm still wondering if Anatoray is a newly established Earth colony (where Lavie and Claus live?) or the people of Anatoray on Earth kept Prestor a secret. I suppose we can assume that the Prestor Exile can be piloted without Alvis?
Mar 28, 2012 4:29 PM

Mar 2009
DIO DID NOTHING.

At least they went for an emotional last episode. It's too bad Lavie and Claus were barely around. And the reason for Claus being in a wheelchair is left unexplained.
Mar 29, 2012 7:35 AM

Sep 2009
I don't cate about the haters. Great final episode. Fam's dialog was quite pathetic but all in all... I just can't grade S2 less than S2. 9/10

>At least they went for an emotional last episode. It's too bad Lavie and Claus were barely around. And the reason for Claus being in a wheelchair is left unexplained.

It would be cleared in Last Exile: Sunadokei no Tabibito manga. Same as Dio's salvation was cleard in it.
Nachtwandler_21Mar 29, 2012 7:40 AM
Mar 29, 2012 11:33 AM
Feb 2009
Personally I expected a great final with impact and all the stuff were explained but I'm still with questions. I'm not satisfied and maybe they could done an ep to explain all the stuff.
Mar 29, 2012 12:03 PM

Dec 2009
It has been a while since I heard Immelman. Want to know what happened to Claus, why can't he walk; gotta wait till they answer that in the manga.
Mar 29, 2012 4:57 PM
Jul 2009
Fitting end for a bad series, well it wasn't horrible but most certanly not nearly as good as s1, Dio at the end was pretty good, as well as Fam not winning Grand race.
Mar 29, 2012 8:09 PM

Jun 2007
The ending was touching and I like how most of the original cast from season 1 made an appearance. Was very heart warming.

With that said I still think this season could have been condensed into 5 or 6 episodes if empress Sara was told what Luscina was really doing (ie. causing wars and getting people to hate her country). All the deaths could have been prevented. What's even more frustrating is the beginning of the series they where fighting the returners because the returners where reclaiming their land. If Sara just said "fuck it" lets just be nice to everyone (like she did at the end of the series) everything would have been fine. Luscina trolled everyone!

Series was good though.
Mar 29, 2012 9:58 PM
Jun 2009
I like this show. the ending was overall good with an emotional level to it. I liked how they pulled the same stunt as lelouch but let us experience as the populace did rather then just telling us what he was up too.
There were several plot points that should have been adressed but weren't, like fam's apparent noble family status. or maybe or about Vassant's homeland and how they were mistreated. but they really kept at least most of the stuff answered and tight.
I also feel that some deaths, like Vassant and the old guy, were totally unnecessary and kinda detracted from the series.

I think my main problem is the same as everyone who watched the original story (even if i watched the entire first season between ep. 7 and 8 of this anime.) has. they barely used any of the main characters from the first season other then Dio, and the two girls who became the captain and vice captain of the Silvirius; the silbanus (dang it i cant spell either of those names) decedent. It also had very little if any relation with the original series. Even Alvis, with her exile powers was left unused despite the many plot opportunies she provided. But i guess if you had not watched the original series then this wouldnt matter to you

but im still ticked off that they just decided to put everyone from the first season in for the last few minutes of last episode with no explanation on what they have been doing during the entire show. They should have been used somehow in the show if they were on Earth.
Mar 29, 2012 11:22 PM

Jan 2011
It's Last Exile man! This last episode..mainly the closing 5 minutes...was pretty memorable. Music was fantastic. It was pretty special or at the very least interesting to see the main characters of the original Last Exile be in such close proximity with current main cast...yet they are none the wiser of the struggle Claus and Lavie went through to better the world they now live in. It was very touching to see the friendship between Claus, Lavie, Alvis, and Dio hasn't faded.

Speaking of Dio, I do wish he had a greater role in this sequel. Alvis included. Kinda seems like they were just tossed in there. Glad they were but they didn't have a big impact.

Dio's gaze into the navigators seat to cheer on his closest friend...Lucioloa. That was a hear drop. Him winning the Grand Race was the way it needed to be!

I do agree that they should of given a little bit more screen time to exactly what happened between the original cast members...why they are doing what they are doing now. Like why is Claus handicapped? I mean that is a big deal considering not being able to fly is killing him emotionally.

In the end, this was a pretty good sequel. I really enjoyed it. It is sad to see another anime universe, that of Last Exile, pass us by. It will be missed.

Edit: The synopsis here on MAL needs a serious overhaul btw. It is one of the worst I've read.
IZEROIIMar 29, 2012 11:29 PM
Mar 29, 2012 11:27 PM

Apr 2011
I demand a remake with 12 ~ 15 episodes long, and for Tezuka's sake please change the f**king director!!
Mar 30, 2012 4:29 AM
Jun 2010
And it's over...

Aside from basically ruining the Last Exile franchise, even as an individual series it had so many shortcomings. The script was a mess, or perhaps the bad pacing and directing failed to present things as they should have. The plot was full of convenience and implausibility, specially in the battles, which were bordering on surreal at times.

Much of this was caused by the producers wanting Fam and Silvana to be super awesome. Thus we see Fam sticking her nose everywhere and got utterly insane plot twists just so she could shine. Same applies to Silvanas unreal battle performance which made me roll my eyes time and time again.

The main trio was really weak and side characters were left undeveloped. The little character growth Fams attained was plastered on the last second and she still did not truly change from her childish ways. Gisey remained a Fam-fangirl from the beginning to the end and failed to bring absolutely anything of worth to the series. Only Millia had proper growth and it was interesting to see how she coped with all the tragedy and changes in the world around her.

To be frank, just by dropping Fam and Gisey from the show and all the stupidities they brought with them would have made everything much better. Add some tweaking of the plot and better direction and this could have been pretty good.

Still, with all it's flaws, the show had the wonderful Last Exile setting and feel. Visually it was very nice and it was nostalgic when they showed characters from the first series. (Then again, they could have used those characters properly, like Dio, instead of just teasing).

All in all, if this was a standalone original series it wouldn't be so terribly bad. Well, it wouldn't be that good either. But this is a sequel to Last Exile. They had all the possible keys for an awesome series: rich background and setting, interesting characters and not-too-cliche concepts. They even had some good new ideas they tried to implement. Yet all they managed to produce was this? It is impossible not to feel incredibly disappointed with all the potential wasted.
MagebaneMar 30, 2012 4:41 AM
Mar 30, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2008
I will miss OUR THE SSS rank Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing RAW Fridays. Won't be watching another anime for some time.
Mar 30, 2012 8:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Was a bit meh. Slightly wasted potential as it could have been much better...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 30, 2012 9:45 PM
Apr 2010
expected ending. 4/5, the whole series gets an 8/10.
Mar 31, 2012 12:58 AM

May 2011
So my earlier hunch that Luscinia went to Schneizel el Britannia’s School of War proved correct, with him trying to use the Grand Exile to intimidate the world to stop fighting. But apparently, he also incorporated some ideas from Zero’s Art of War strategy manuscript by making himself the target of everyone’s hatred through his use of the Grand Exile. And then he basically kills himself with the disintegrating Grand Exile to give the whole world a clean slate to be reborn, his death signifying the end of the strife that has plagued the nations around the Grand Lake.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Mar 31, 2012 2:47 PM

Mar 2010
There's a lot I wanna write about the whole series, but until I'm sure about my opinion (love it or hate it), I'll keep it short...
Not sure what to think about Claus. It's alright that he didn't attend the race, cause then he would have to win it, stealing everyone's show - as a character that only appeared ONCE before in that season.
But crippling him to do that - man, that's harsh. Especially cause it's not explained in the series, but in a manga that I really don't like that much. Not sure what to think about Lavie telling him he'll be able to fly again - could just be trying to cheer him up. ~.~ Really, that's one of the things that I don't like about this season at all! Grrrr.
It's fine that Fam didn't win the race, though. Would've been all too expected...
Gotta agree with others here about the season one characters, they were just somehow tossed into it without giving them a real significance :(
Mar 31, 2012 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
i finished the serie with a couple of questions now.
1. Why was Claus on a wheelchair? o_O
2. They shown Dio winning the grand race and then getting a "yellow (ammonition?) card" and being substitute in the win by Tatiana this let Fam getting third place.. i just dont get WHY was he explused? D: ?

Overall the serie had a great music (like first serie) and improvement in chara design, but i have to say that as about plot only the first was way superior. this is my opinion at least
The character who disappointed me the most was Fam, she did nothing but talking about doing the grand race.. °° that's not really realistic as to solve a war D:
The best character was, of course, Dio [like in the first season] who brought some fun and epic moments 8D
And yeah, i was about to cry too when Dio was saying "Let's go Lucciola" ;w;/

Mar 31, 2012 3:53 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
EtnaEraclea said:
i finished the serie with a couple of questions now.
1. Why was Claus on a wheelchair? o_O
2. They shown Dio winning the grand race and then getting a "yellow (ammonition?) card" and being substitute in the win by Tatiana this let Fam getting third place.. i just dont get WHY was he explused? D: ?

1) There is a print story between the two anime and in the course of that story he is badly injured.

2) Dio didn't have a co-pilot. Disqualified.

Still sorting out my thoughts on the show overall, since they are somewhat conflicting. The last two episodes made up for much that bothered me earlier. Maybe I'll post something later.
Mar 31, 2012 3:58 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Valca said:
It's fine that Fam didn't win the race, though. Would've been all too expected...

As I was watching it with my son I tried to bet him that Dio would win - I think he would have won even if he had taken a co-pilot. Tatiana sure looked pissed ;)
Mar 31, 2012 4:19 PM

Jun 2008
So Alvis did nothing? Why was she even there then?

One problem is that Luscinia's purpose of doing all that never became as clear as it should especially considering that Liliana followed him. I can't accept that his self sacrifice plan was that convincing to make her abandon her beliefs.
And in the end what about all that "there are too much people" stuff. Or was she just bullshitting Millia?

Sophia aren't you coming a little too strong there? Not a very discrete approach i might say.
MonadApr 1, 2012 2:45 AM
Mar 31, 2012 5:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Monad said:
Sophia aren't you coming a little too strong there? No a very discrete approach i might say.

He's probably the type that pays more attention to his ship than women. She probably figures she has to use more direct methods.
Apr 1, 2012 3:15 AM

Jan 2011
W-What was the point of all of this again? i expected something a little better then this...glad fam lost her silly race.

7/10 for me.
Apr 1, 2012 4:49 AM
Jun 2011
rkronin said:
fail last episode. why so many deaths and wars and.......... it were all pontless. these series could have been summed in 3-4 episodes ova. nothing to compare with the first season. and exactly why to show claus and lavi. to see him handicapped he made a cameo appearance.

fail an fail and more fail.

couldn't agree more... no proper explanation for why luscinia did the stuff he did, nor as to why al was even in the show.
Apr 3, 2012 2:23 AM

Apr 2011
Well, at least it ended in some way. All is good.

I would like to complain the numerous unexplain things and plotholes in this, but I let you guys tell it,

The old man could've abandoned shipped too, but instead decided to stay. Fam would've been more happy to see her and talk many things about her and the episode ended a bit better.
Apr 3, 2012 9:05 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Magito said:
The old man could've abandoned shipped too, but instead decided to stay. Fam would've been more happy to see her and talk many things about her and the episode ended a bit better.
probably felt there was to much innocent blood on his hands to start over. Honor and all that, for what that's worth.
Apr 4, 2012 10:19 AM

Feb 2012
There was so much they could have done with this series but it never materialized. The reason that the first Last Exile is better than this iteration is that the first one focused on the character while this one focused on battles and politics. The drama in the first one was caused because you emotionally invested in the characters and were truly concerned about their outcomes but I never felt that happened in Fam the Silver Wing. I would love to see another iteration of Last Exile but I hope they would focus on the characters instead of trying to make the show epic.
Apr 10, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2009
Cratex said:
Honor and all that, for what that's worth.

I don't know, I think he's just being selfish. At least let the granddaughter decide for herself on how she'll judge him. If I was the aide, I would have said: "Give it to her yourself, you old geezer!" XP That could have been another happy ending there.

Magebane said:
And it's over...

All in all, if this was a standalone original series it wouldn't be so terribly bad. Well, it wouldn't be that good either. But this is a sequel to Last Exile. They had all the possible keys for an awesome series: rich background and setting, interesting characters and not-too-cliche concepts. They even had some good new ideas they tried to implement. Yet all they managed to produce was this? It is impossible not to feel incredibly disappointed with all the potential wasted.

Oh man, I couldn't agree more. You said everything I was thinking at the ending of this series. I'm not disappointed that this could have been better, I'm sad that it turned out this way. X(

7/10 but if I imagine taking out the trio in the story and make it shorter, I'll probably bump it up to 8 or 9.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 13, 2012 9:33 AM

Sep 2011
i only watch this show for Dio and Alvis or any other first season cast, i was hoping this series would be a great series just like the first one, but no.. the villain got more interesting personality, if gonzo make Luscinia the main character it would be more interesting, Fam is just meh.. it was a good series, but it could be better, it got so much potential, the main characters ruined everything, i can live without fanservices, it was a letdown you see whenever there's a serious scene going on and they switch it to Fam and co who didn't do anything important, the last episode is pretty good, there's Claus and Lavie cameo, Luscinia died, Fam finally know her family, Dio winning race but got disqualified lol
7/10
May 7, 2012 8:53 PM
Oct 2007
I didn't understand Luscinia's motives/reasoning for starting the whole mess. In fact, the last two episodes felt really rushed.
May 11, 2012 7:51 AM

Mar 2010
gravitythief said:
I didn't understand Luscinia's motives/reasoning for starting the whole mess. In fact, the last two episodes felt really rushed.

Trying to understand the motives of Lilliana helping him is much worse -.- Luscinia is nearly okay for me as some kind of "genius" evil. Except that he's shown as not really evil, especially through Lilliana helping him. Blame her!
May 14, 2012 2:34 PM

Jan 2011
Interesting enough, Luscinia "asked" Liliana if the world would truly change there, as if she made his view change,as if he never planned for world peace at the beginning, at least not in this way, but more because everyone fears his army as he is portraited initially, until he talked a lot with her etc, maybe it was even her death that caused it.

Him escaping responsibility by *decidiing* to stay there was cheap, too. At least Fam had the decency to call him out on that. Didn't help, but better then nothing.

And the old general.now, if Luscinia was cheap..not sure how to call that. He knew all along who and where his granddaughter is, but decided to ignore it for all the years, and after she came all the way to him, without knowing it, he decided to escape again instead of at least talking with her once.

He could still have exiled (no, not necessarily using an Exile) himself. He wouldn't have to even, Fam will most likely either returned to where she lived before, or stay in Turan, so he could spent his days in Ades and ignore her letters if she ever writes. And if she decides to visit, he knows so many people, they would surely inform him so he can "escape" in time. But no, he has to stay just for the sake of it.

Especially bad as neither he nor Luscinia had the balls to kill themselfs, they died through inaction (unless "actively staying in a dangerous place" counts).

Also, what exactly was the point of Milia convincing Dyan to take Alvis with her? Okay, Dyan took out quite a lot Star Fish, but if she had Viola, her usually navigator, she would surely have taken out more.

And Alvis did..nothing. Not inside. Sārā woke up when Alvis talked to her outside, but really, even if she was the key to waking her up, it's not like it couldn't have waited. Milia at least used (well, kinda..) her powers to prevent the capital of Turan from being destroyed.

All in all, the last episode was okay, the talk with Luscinia etc. was a bit long, but some other scenes made up for it, and the whole season was..well, okay, but not outstanding like the first.

For me, this became apparent when i watched the OP of the first episode. The music wasn't as good. Of course, i didn't know the rest would follow, but in hindsight, it was forshadowing it.

I wouldn't mind a third season, whether it's about Claus and Lavie, Famn and Giselle or something else, like, with an older Alvis. They should stay closer to how the first season got things done though.
May 14, 2012 10:29 PM

Mar 2010
NwAurion said:

I wouldn't mind a third season, whether it's about Claus and Lavie, Famn and Giselle or something else, like, with an older Alvis. They should stay closer to how the first season got things done though.

And maybe not throw in characters from the previous season that are more or less irrelevant for the story and just there to cheer up the fans.
Poor Alvis. Being hunted all the time, but then being not really important for anything :(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 13 Discussion

lanblade - Jan 18, 2012

28 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.