Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Dec 1, 2012 7:14 PM

May 2012
Really nice ending still thing there could be lots of new story's to develop as the ending was rather wide open but still it was a short but great and heartwarming story to watch!

Great anime in general if there ever would be a sequel I would definitely watch it! 9/10
Dec 18, 2012 6:24 PM

Oct 2012
i wouldn't give a 9 to a series like this, but at the end i realized the important message that this series brought to me, maybe a 9 is still a low grade, but that's because i think it is a more mature series since i don't identify myself among the characters because i'm still a teenager, maybe in a few years i'll re-watch it.

and rin is such a lovely character, one of the cutest i've ever seen

9/10
Jan 7, 2013 7:22 PM

Dec 2012
Just finished - really beautiful and wonderful series, but I was disappointed there wasn't a bit more finality with the Daikichi/Kouki's mom (can't remember her name) romance. It definitely made the story feel incomplete for me. I also expected something more with Rin's real mom. The last 4 or so eps instead kinda felt like just more sidestories of their lives, which is great, but nothing much happened. Of course I can speculate that Daikichi and Kouki's mom get together, and that Rin's mom just keeps manga-ing away, but could have been better ending.
http://www.anime4649.com

Getting caught up on anime.
Jan 16, 2013 3:12 AM

Jan 2012
And so it ends. To bad it was so short. I really enjoyed this show, it had such a beautiful and heartwarming story. One of the best slice of life shows I've seen. 10/10

Jan 16, 2013 4:41 PM

Jan 2008
Bluesnow said:
I wish the series wasn't over. I wanted more to happen with the mother, more backround information about the affair, romance for Daisuki (he would make a good daddy for Kouki xD)- and just more life experience for Rin because seeing her smile makes me happy. God... I hate short season syndrome.... SSS kills another good anime in its prime >.<

Pretty much sums up how I feel. 3/5 for this episode, 9/10 for this series as a whole.
Jan 24, 2013 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
Great ending, very heart-warming and beautiful ;_;
Btw, after this I checked up the ending of the manga. I knew from a lot of sources that it was bad and should never be seen. And I agree to the fullest. Biggest bullshit and betrayal of a story about family I've ever seen. I don't have to pretend not seeing it though, I can easily seperate the two stories/endings. So I'm just gonna write about the anime here.

When I started it I already knew I was gonna love this. Though throughout the story I was expecting a Key-like sad ending. I'm VERY glad it didn't happen.
I didn't really have any major problems with the anime, only smaller ones. One of those is that the shortness of the show, I want more :( (anything but the manga continuation of course)
Another one is Masako. For obvious reasons. I'm glad she didn't come back to take Rin away, she is a bitch.
All of the characters were great of course (again, except Masako). With Rin and Daikichi far at the top. Rin is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. If I ever have a daughter I really hope she will be like her. And Daikichi is also one of the best fathers. He is clearly fit for the father role. I can accept that Rin won't consider him as her father, him being 'just' Daikichi is great as well :)
My favorite thing about the anime was the interaction between the characters, and I mean all of them. It was clearly one of the strongest points of the anime. I wish Kouki and his mom would have get together with Rin and Daikichi as a family, they were all so nice together :)
The comedy, the story, the art and the sound were all great and contributed a lot to the overall enjoyment of the anime.

I loved this anime. Even though it wasn't on the level of my favorites, which I consider masterpieces, I still think it was very wonderful. It was truly special to me and made me think a lot about family. So for this I'm gonna give this anime a 10/10. I hope they will make a 2nd season in the future with an alternate ending from the manga. Even random episodes would be fine :)
Well, I'm off. I'm certainly gonna rewatch this in the future :)
RazielZeroSep 29, 2014 11:29 AM
Jan 29, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
why didn't daikishi and nitani end up with each other :/ good anime anyway
read the mange spoiler and wasn't really that shocked ( seeing as japan love that kinda of stuff) and it is good thing they didn't animate it because it would ruin the image of usagi drop
Feb 8, 2013 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
One of the nicest series in a long time. And yeah, I'm signing up for the DaikishixNitani club. I mean come oooooon! It couldn't hurt, but I guess it would call for additional episodes. Nothing bad in that, if you ask me.
失われた翼を探して
Feb 19, 2013 3:28 AM

Aug 2012
It was nice but I can't really see myself as a parent just yet, so maybe that's why I didn't really get a lot from it. It's a shame really.
Feb 22, 2013 1:14 PM
Sep 2011
Well, I bid farewell to the best slice of life anime series ever made. Just amazing and bittersweet... Like the real and simple life. 9/10 and well deserved.
Mar 14, 2013 12:23 AM
Dec 2012
A really good anime: 7/10. I hope for a second season totally unrelated to the manga.
Apr 2, 2013 4:40 PM

Feb 2012
well, it is slice of life anime (and manga), so, i didnt expected a spectacular ending; just like life itself, it just go on.
Beautiful story anyway :)
Apr 4, 2013 7:15 AM

Sep 2012
Sugoi i defintaely want a second season , i know its been ages but hurry up i want season 2, going with the manga cause i heard some shit goes down.

10/10

Second Season!!
May 3, 2013 4:27 AM

Feb 2010
I aggree that it's all too simple in this anime if you take a general family, and Rin is just perfect. Yet the anime references many things related to childhood nicely. I could watch more of it but it's fine as it is.
Why do most of good anime end up being shorter than they could be and very generic ones see 4 seasons and more? *sigh*

Also, I appreciate the spoilers. Wouldn't be nice if I went looking for the manga and found it as it is. I'm not exactly against the kind of relationships it's going to show, but I'd prefer more obvious and logical pairing and I'm sure that would make everyone happy. I think Yukari is amazing (yes, I'm biased). I don't hate Masako even. It might be interesting to see her getting along with Daikichi and Rin or even making a family of sorts (who will parent who?) - but this lot of complications is not for the compact first season. Not meaning to turn it into a harem anime, mind you, with Daikichi and his MILFs.

I understand 1st season was not about Daikichi finding a wife\mother for Rin, so I try not to feel frustrated by lack of development in that department. Nice and simple is good too - there is a sense of harmony with these series, I value such. It's also beautiful. However, it did leave me wanting, not just at the end. For this and for somewhat idealising parenting experience I will give it 9/10 as a whole.

If they do a second season, they better reinvent it to be alternative to manga, since the mood and themes change anyway and too many people complain about Quality Drop (pun intended).

From a personal side, I dislike unrealistic portrayals of happy families in anime (not meaning I like to watch realistic ones). Usagi Drop manages to mention both troubled and happy relationships without going into details, but then Daikichi - Rin were unusual family from the start and Rin is unusual girl also, so I could just go with it.

Veethorn said:
Aww, I wanted more Yukari :(

Seconded. She is so my type.

fishergirl16 said:
Edit: I just read a synopsis of the manga.. I'm heartbroken. It is turned into a stupid meaningless love drama. I don't even want to see Season 2 now. And I will not read the manga until later too. I'm just too disappointed to see a beautifully crafted series like this to take such a disgraceful turn.

My condolences.

felipekorbes said:
i wouldn't give a 9 to a series like this, but at the end i realized the important message that this series brought to me, maybe a 9 is still a low grade, but that's because i think it is a more mature series since i don't identify myself among the characters because i'm still a teenager, maybe in a few years i'll re-watch it.

It may be the case, yes.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
May 16, 2013 8:48 AM

May 2010
I hope they animate the 2nd half of the manga. With different ending.

May 30, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
7/10
Jun 2, 2013 11:03 PM

Sep 2011
I'm touched with this series. 10/10
pew pew pew
Jun 5, 2013 6:07 PM
Apr 2011
The Yukari messed hair and smile and stuff was so cute, hoped they sumthng would happen tho, Rin's maturing thru one year only this much is a wonderful thing, and therefore this proves that Daikichi proved to be one great father in a modernway tho sometimes his simplicity could work against him =), again i like how the anime took 3 parts of life thoroughly : " Marriage " how daikichi spoiled sister was scared of it because her soon-husband wants a kid right away and she wants to live her life freely,selfishly, " Divorce " and how it can be hard to be a mother or a father on your own yet with hardwork and strong spirit you can achieve anything, " how kids can be adorable" if they are raised in the right way e.g " RIN Kawai " end of it. 10/10 enjoyed everything.
Jul 18, 2013 9:02 PM

Apr 2013
Aww... cute episode...

But I wished there was something more to happen between Nitani and Daikichi as well as Kouki and Rin.

Overall, its good...

But I hoped for a little bit more of drama...

Jul 29, 2013 12:20 PM

May 2013
The ending was so cute. Actually everything of everything was cute X]

Yukari and the ex-model father would make a good couple, but I still root for Daikichi! Mwahahah xD

10/10 For sure.

It was sweet, but nothing too sugary that makes you go bleghhhh, hahaha.
Sep 2, 2013 4:58 PM
Aug 2011
Fare the well, Rin.

10/10. Gave everything that I wanted from it.
AdramelechSep 2, 2013 5:03 PM
Sep 7, 2013 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
Well this was one of the best SoL series I've ever seen and I'm going to miss it :S
Always-HungrySep 8, 2013 6:38 AM
Sep 13, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2012
nice ending.. :3
I was hope kouki's mother and daikichi married in the end ;p
Sep 15, 2013 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
Great show.
I really wanted a bit of romance in the series between Daikichi and the kids mom.
But overall great.
Oct 29, 2013 6:58 AM

Jun 2013
Great show but I want Daikishi and Yukari to hook up , waaaaaaaaa.
Yukari is a goddess.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 5, 2013 7:10 PM

Apr 2012
What a great and heart warming show this is! Rin is the greatest kid evar!
Nov 10, 2013 8:15 PM
Jul 2013
Really great series to watch. It's such a shame that the manga was a train wreck.
Nov 20, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
well actually it's not really a ending but so beautiful story..I love it
Dec 3, 2013 9:10 PM

Sep 2013
Such a heartwarming story. Definitely a 10 :D
Dec 20, 2013 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
I really liked how it ended. There was nothing spectacular, no explosion, no big drama, no accident, it was just simple. It was in fact perfect. This anime for me is an ode to parenting : it can be hard, there are some tough moment, it can be difficult financially, maybe you'll have to give up on your dream. But in the end, it is the most fulfilling and fun experiance someone can have. It is your precious tresor that you want to protect, that you would even risk your life for his sake.

Also, Rin almonds eye always crack me up xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 6, 2014 11:14 PM

Nov 2013
Just finished this the other night. Very nice and detailed view into not-so-typical Japanese situation, handled with both typical Japanese reaction and innovative proactive actions by the lead.

What would have made this a perfect ending is if Daikichi and Yukari ended up together. They seem right for eachother, and their kids get along like brother and sister. It's like a Japanese 'Brady Bunch'. Unrequited love dampens my opinion just a bit.

The art work takes a bit of getting used too as well. It's somewhere between "My Neighbors the Yamadas" and a Studio Ghibli movie of recent vintage. It's very simplistic at times. But the story was full of the subtleties of dealing with every little issue that comes up. The author must have been a single dad. Great story and very educational.
Feb 16, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2012
What are heartwarming series , I loved it :)
Mar 18, 2014 6:47 PM

Jan 2014
I don't know why but shows with family love (rather than romantic love) always gives me a fuzzy feeling at the end. Fell in love with this show from the first episode and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Was hoping for more with Yukari and Kouki (perhaps marriage) but was happy with what was given. They would make a great family...

And to those who are interested in reading the manga, I personally would recommend against it. People told me to stay away but that only piqued my curiosity so I read the synopsis. Needless to say, the story definitely takes a different turn that I did not feel was the best. Of course, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but please do not continue the manga as it is quite different from where the anime ended.

But the anime itself is still amazing :) The specials were quite enjoyable as well. 10/10
Mar 26, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2011
7/10

rather weak ending though, i wanted to see more about Rin s mom
Mar 29, 2014 6:54 PM

Apr 2009
Is that all.? I want more of Rin! X.x

9/10 I just marathoned the whole series last night.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2014 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
Great anime. Though it reminds me why I don't want kids, I couldn't sacrifice myself like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
That was a really heartwarming anime, really want to see more though.
Aug 10, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
I feel empty after finishing this.
Aug 10, 2014 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
Slightly disappointed by the inconclusive ending, but generally I'm very content. Great series which demonstrates realistic emotions of parents, and their struggle to adapt to a new life style.

Very heart warming indeed!!
Nekomimi!!
Aug 14, 2014 6:21 AM

Nov 2012
Now the question is: to read the manga, or not to read the manga? despite the reviews on it.
I reckon I should stop here to not ruin this beautiful story :3
Aug 16, 2014 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
minouneetzoe said:
Rin almonds eye always crack me up xD

haha Same here XD

Great series, it was incredibly sweet and heartwarming. Rin and Daikichi's relationship was phenomenal.

9/10 from me.
Aug 23, 2014 10:29 PM

Jun 2012
Jesus, that is probably the most relaxing series I've ever seen, right next to Non Non Biyori. I might keep the episodes (downloaded) since they could be used as personal stress-relievers in the future, especially since I will soon go to my first year in college (and away from home) beside the point.
Also, those nice soundtracks to accompany nice scenes :)

Such feels, much enjoyment.

Aug 31, 2014 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
Just finished this anime, enjoyed it very much, was really refreshing to see an anime like this once in a while...
So I went over to check out the manga for this.... Don't do it people, it's.. just don't. Let it stop here.
Sep 30, 2014 7:18 PM

Feb 2014
That was lovely.

...but this last episode wasn't what I was expecting. I was hoping for a somewhat happy ending between Rin and her mother. Or at least a final appearance of Masako.

Beautiful anime, anyway. 9/10. :)

Now that I finished watching it: why is everyone hating on the manga? I was planning to read it.
Sep 30, 2014 7:24 PM
Jul 2014
abreugus said:
That was lovely.

...but this last episode wasn't what I was expecting. I was hoping for a somewhat happy ending between Rin and her mother. Or at least a final appearance of Masako.

Beautiful anime, anyway. 9/10. :)

Now that I finished watching it: why is everyone hating on the manga? I was planning to read it.

Because
(not a clear spoiler but you could put a few pieces together and comprehend what happens)
Oct 27, 2014 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
Simple, but so cute and heartwarming! I'm glad Daikichi is happy with what he's doing in life. :) That's the best kind of ending.

9/10
Dec 3, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
well I guess that's the end of this slice of life story, given the negative feedback people are giving about the 2nd part of the manga.

Good ending.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 1, 2015 4:51 PM

Dec 2013
Satisfactory ending to this great SoL.
Jan 6, 2015 8:24 AM

Dec 2013
This series is just amazing.

Every bit about it was beautiful.

I smiled, I laughed, I cried.

Though it being 11 episodes it feels like it covered alot but it doesn't feel complete. There are so many endings to everybody that aren't explored. For example romance between Daikichi and Yukari. Pretty sure that one will work its way out by itself though.

I give this episode a 5/5 and this series a 10/10 for how perfect it is despite taking place in such a hectic scenario. I have to admit i cried manly tears quite a few times.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jan 29, 2015 12:12 AM

Sep 2014
Too short! Rin really looked like she got clocked.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

37 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 21, 2011

174 by astroreload »»
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Aug 18, 2023

14 by imjayhime »»
Aug 24, 2023 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.