Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion

Aug 1, 2017 1:21 PM

Happy to see a confession and kiss, but still :(

Hopefully, considering there are two episodes left, and with Suzuha back in the picture, there is some way to save Kurisu after all. Technically she's already dead here, but maybe they can shift to a third world line?

Aug 25, 2017 2:01 AM

almost made me burst into tears but luckily my mum came in screaming about an untidy room LOL

Sep 10, 2017 2:38 PM

Makise is the best Tsundere I've ever seen so far

Sep 20, 2017 9:32 AM
I'm usually very lazy but I just need to say something for this episode in particular lol.

That's a materpiece right there, I didn't expect this anime to be about romance but it definitively is, and holy shit, it's a fucking great romance, the best one I've watched in anime.

Never a character climbed my top characters list as fast as Kurisu. How can a girl be this good? I loved the pairing with okabe.

This episode was strong, sad, brilliant. This series definitively deserves the 9+ rating it has

Sep 20, 2017 11:46 AM

GBcrazy said:

This episode was strong, sad, brilliant. This series definitively deserves the 9+ rating it has

>Completed 24/24 · Scored 10

Guess final episodes made it even more :)

Sep 28, 2017 6:05 PM

didn't really like this episode because i'm not a fan of Kurisu, but it was okay. i really hope this show doesn't pull a plot convenience card where everyone survives and lives happily ever after

Dec 6, 2017 11:30 AM

Fuck me.

Way to rip my heart out with the romantic love story then drop a WW3 plot on our asses.

Jan 3, 2018 4:25 AM
this episode is so sad to watch, i mean its Okabe and Kurisu moment. I love the way the have their conversation at each other. sadly its gonna be the last one...

Feb 2, 2018 7:32 AM

Interesting. People have been expecting a kiss, and I was surprised, because it never seemed like a pairing to me. The romance wasn't well done at all, since it didn't even seemed romantic before this episode, it came out of the blue. I have nothing against it though.

Otherwise, it was weird the way they changed the past this time, without d-mail. But reading this thread helped me understand. And after the post-credits scene, I'm eager for the next episodes.
"I've learned there are two currents of thoughts in human society. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life. And the opinion that there's nothing preferable to life". Wenli, Yang - LotGH
http://www.bluepasj.wordpress.com

Feb 7, 2018 2:45 PM

why tho

why tho

why tho

why tho

why tho

Mar 9, 2018 9:14 AM

Perfect and beautiful.

Apr 3, 2018 12:39 PM

Eh.

Okabe X Kurisu was going to happen, everyone knew that. And when she rushed to the Lab to tell him: 'I love you' while the timeline was changing I though: 'Man, this is so cliché'. And... didn't we already know that? They've kissed, it's not like this is School Days or anything B-Baka Haha, geddit, Kurisu is a tsundere eks dee dee dee

That said, the ending is the embodiment of hype. Not even Monster could hype up the next episode so much.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki

Apr 22, 2018 1:29 PM

Man, this is a hard series. The emotion ;;;
My boyfriend is theorizing that with Suzuha coming back and two more episodes (also WWIII????) that Kurisu might have to come back in another timeline, but damn. I made him hold off on finishing the last eps because we had to go to bed lol this show is definitely binge worthy (I also recommend bingeing, the story and timeline might be hard to follow if you watch it within a month or whatever lol)

May 6, 2018 1:56 AM
This is my second time watching it since I'm watching the series, realising I've forgotten 80% for steins gate zero. This time I actually shed tears, that scene was just simply heart-breaking.
I'm glad they made over that 1%, but it appears it isn't over yet :p
Heckle was here...

May 11, 2018 4:07 AM

sooo why on earth am i rewatching this series again while Zero is airing? I have no idea. more pain? probably so. This episode... Honestly, I don’t really ship fictional characters that much, but Okabe and Kurisu... They’ve gone so much together in such a short amount of time and seeing them develop into this moment was a sight for teary eyes.

If I remember properly my 4 years ago self that watched this for the first time, this episode sealed the deal for me for Kurisu being my favorite character ever. She doesn’t say much about her own feelings (not to mention that she’s a tsun lol) but when she did, oh wow. “I’ll always be at the 1% barrier..” “Theory of relativity is so romantic... and so sad” Who knew these scientific lines would make me feel a lot of things. And up to when she kissed Okabe, it was the icing and the cherry to the cake. You thought she’s gone when Okabe bought her to the station, but she suddenly comes back to the lab (supposed to) telling Okabe that she loves him. She’s selfless, but deep inside she’s a bit... helpless, and Okabe brought her to the world of hope, at least in the alpha worldline.

And Okabe after her farewell made this episode one of my top favorites. His monologue before deleting the first d-mail, was really powerful. He was using chuuni-lines just to hide his emotions (leaving Mayuri and Daru out of the loop on what he’s about to do) and even after that, Mayuri at the beta-line wants him to cry.

To think that I was done with this show after watching it 4 years ago and playing the original VN, I’m thankful for Zero for resparking my love for this series, and I’m never letting it go.
Modified by momentsring, May 11, 2018 8:06 AM

May 26, 2018 3:38 PM

This was just great why couldn't this have been the end of the show :/ why did they have to undercut all the emotions with a cheap they are all fine and everything is good now ending.
Please click on my profile, because these views are the only thing that give my life meaning.

May 27, 2018 4:47 AM

xShinigami3125 said:
This was just great why couldn't this have been the end of the show :/ why did they have to undercut all the emotions with a cheap they are all fine and everything is good now ending.

Because if the ending is episode 22 episode 1 will be pointless and paradox lol
However, i agree and there might be a better way to deliver the message

May 27, 2018 5:21 AM

7th-Archangel said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Because if the ending is episode 22 episode 1 will be pointless and paradox lol
However, i agree and there might be a better way to deliver the message

Yea I knew but still I loved this epiosde and everything afterwords just diminished the impact of kusisu and okabes last moments together. I wish they had handled that in a different way.
Please click on my profile, because these views are the only thing that give my life meaning.

Aug 15, 2018 7:56 PM

WWIII?? ok!!

I like this romance. I rarely care about romance but I think that they are cute as a couple.

4/5
Life has no meaning.

Oct 6, 2018 1:14 PM
I cried my eyes out in this episode even though I thought that Okabe was in love with Mayuri all this time.

Dec 25, 2018 8:47 AM

Everytime Kurisu laughs like a mad scientist, it's always a good moment, her laugh is adorable! And just like the others, Kurisu herself got some memory from her other worldlines selves.

REJOICE FELLOW OKABE X KURISU SHIPPERS!!!
This is a dream come true, my hope for Okabe X Kurisu to have a full-fledged romantic relationship came true! Those hugs and those multiple kisses and the time they've spent alone together, it makes me really happy to see both of them showing their affection to each other! Both Okabe and Kurisu even eventually confesses that they do love each other! Such beautiful and satisfying events!

Yet... It's sad to think that this might be the last time that both of them will ever be physically together. Once Okabe goes back to Beta worldline, Kurisu will die. NOOO!!! I want both of them along with everybody else to live and be happy together as members of the Future Gadgets Lab. Yet that's just not possible in this scenario... The good things that have happened in this episode can be described as the calm before the storm.

After going back to beta worldline, the problem is not completely over?! Now WW3 is the problem, WTF?! How much more pain will Okabe have to experience?! He even can't fully bring himself to cry anymore. What the actual fuck though? WW3 Outta nowhere? I demand an explanation! SUZUHA!

Jan 4, 8:43 AM
Since 15 minute and to the end i was crying, the saddest ep in this anime

Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]