Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2011 3:34 AM

Jul 2010
aaaand it's over. What a terrible ending it was. Mainly because of Kyousuke being even more pathetic than in main series.
I slightly hoped Kirino would change a lil bit, but nooo, she's still the same bitch.
Didn't enjoy this series, particularly, this episode. It was cool to watch these few eps without Kirino, but Kuroneko wasn't that interesting as a main character. Or more like, it missed some other characters, especially Ayase.
That being said 2/5 for this ep and 6/10 for the series for now.
Jun 1, 2011 3:42 AM

Nov 2009
Dear Sir.Alex, if you dont want to watch the series, then dont discuss it. People like you are really annoy :( ...... please DONT TROLL THIS THREAD!!!!!!
I dont hate kirono/kuroneko at all, the end's OK, 8/10 for the overall series, it hooked me from watching every week, and also these OVAs.
End with Kirino? who cares? I dont, seriously.
Lots of pp love it, moreover, it's not some sh*t guys, it better than a lot of existed series.
Takana_no_HanaJun 1, 2011 3:53 AM
Jun 1, 2011 3:56 AM

May 2011
One thing about the Ruri/Kuroneko scene.

It's obvious that she called him there to confess her love for Kyousuke. But when Kyou showed up looking like a whooped lonesome puppy that obviously wasn't going to happen. It also explains why Ruri was so aggressive in her tone, calling him "useless" "perverted" "pathetic". She was probably upset her plan went down the drain and that she was in love with a damn siscon.

That being said. I think she was happy that Kyou was going to bring Kirino home. As much as the two argue constantly, they do seem to have a cordial friendship going. I guess lively conversations make for lively friendships.

The Ayase scene was annoying to me. She blocks him from her phone yet begs him to help her out with Kirino's present. during the phone conversation she also tells him to never contact her again just before Kyou mentions Kirino. I could never see a realistic ship between those two with that predominant attitude.

It's obvious that Kyou and Kirino love each other. Whether it's a platonic BFF type love or a "balls deep in the hallway" Yosuga no Sora type situation remains to be seen. I sure hope it's the BFF one.

Kirino actually had some charm to her in this episode. She still is her bratty usual self at time. but she did come off with a bit of sweetness. I think it's a continuation of episode 11 and 12 true route. That she isn't as tyrannical and she's growing as a person.

I enjoyed this episode immensely. I think it kinda gave a finality of the "gang is together again". If they do do a second season I will definitely watch it. Although the full blown harem thing in the later light novels is getting rather annoying I wish it would stay a love triangle.
Jun 1, 2011 7:04 AM

Sep 2009
alexcampos said:
WinterKonata said:
LOL At Kirino Haters.

LOL at Kirino lovers.....How can anyone Like her????

It's beyond comprehension and reason to like her, the funny thing is that I actually like a lot of tsundere characters.

The funny thing is how i kinda like Kirino but hate those KugimiyaRie Tsudere. They all annoy me ttm.
Jun 1, 2011 7:24 AM

May 2011
Ryushi said:

Kyousuke was just pathetic with his speech in order to make her return.
"If you won't return, i might die?" Are you serious?
You can't be.
More like if she returns he will die, from getting abused again.

LOL, you saw the quick scene where the old man was going bonkers in the living room, right?!? The same big brawny old man that beat his ass for having taken ownership of "the Eroge his sister was stashing for him"?

What to you think would happen if Kyousuke came back to the house empty handed?!
Jun 1, 2011 7:53 AM

Jul 2010
In the End, we didn't get to see the full face of Saori without glasses ;(
Jun 1, 2011 9:17 AM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
And what's with that jump in the end anyway?
After effects of Morning Rescue.

Wow that was a bad ending. What is up with Kyousuke? Did you just say that you would die if she didn't come home with you? *facepalm*
So far it was good but this episode ruined the characters. Actually Kyousuke sucked like always and Kuroneko was just too nice to the blondie >.>
Wanted more of the Fujoshi. She was fun.
Did want to see Saori without the Gintama glasses.
Jun 1, 2011 9:24 AM

Dec 2010
Lol at those people argued about the fact that Kirino returns, I mean, She's the main character of this series, wouldn't it be strange for her to not appeared for this whole spinoff? If she just appears in the last episode after 2 episodes of not seeing her around, and you guys got so mad and went all crazed shit... I wondered how you managed to watch the first season O.o

Anyway! I'm very amused of this episode, Kuroneko gives a surprise attack to Kyousuke, The relationship between the brother and sister went well, Kirino's back in town, everything was ended as it supposed to be, so i guess this series is okay to come to its end. :)

I do enjoyed this show till the end, why don't you guys take it easy and start taking the fact that this is just a show, it's meant for entertainment, if you don't like it, you could choose other anime. x)
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Jun 1, 2011 10:03 AM

May 2010
I was expecting more from the final episode but anyway, it wasn't bad.

Kuroneko's kiss is the highlight of the ep. :D

Too bad, they still hid Saori's face. :(
Jun 1, 2011 10:04 AM

May 2010
truth be told, i felt glad about kirino's return lol
missed her a lot XD

but still kuroneko ftw ~~,

~Nyaaa~

Jun 1, 2011 10:24 AM

Jun 2009

My face before Kyousuke went to America.

My face after Kyousuke got to America.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 1, 2011 10:32 AM

Jan 2010
"The true end arc..." my ass.

The only thing I find irritating in this anime, is that the ending was so stupid and the characters didn't seem themselves in the second half of the episode. Although I suspected, I still hoped for some sort of more conclusive ending.

And for the record, there won't be a second season. That's already confirmed.
werrstonJun 1, 2011 10:36 AM
Jun 1, 2011 10:44 AM

Mar 2011
If there is no second series then that ending was a little weak!

Well, even if something is confirmed, it's not like minds get changed, especially if there is money in it. If the light novel sales pick up, it's not outside the realms of possibility!

It was good to see more Kousuke, but really I wanted more Kuroneko!
Jun 1, 2011 10:52 AM

Aug 2008
I know the Kirino x Kyousuke scene at the end is supposed to be emotional. But meh I'm not feeling it. I was expecting more for the ending tbh.
Jun 1, 2011 10:54 AM
Sep 2010
They hinted the possibility of romance, but it ended before i could see it, ...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Jun 1, 2011 11:05 AM

Nov 2008
I am a Kirino fan, so I was happy she was back. However, I will agree that the episode wasn't the best and it did seem really rushed. I have no idea how it went in the VN, but it felt rushed here. I did like the interaction between Kirino and Kyousuke though.

As for Kirino haters, you have the right to express your dislike for her, but I don't think Kuroneko is any better. I feel like she insults Kyousuke just as much and sometimes she can be just as irritating. That said, they both have their cute moments and I don't think there is any reason to bash one character over the other. Praise them all you want but bashing just seems to bring out the anger in people....just saying.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 1, 2011 11:12 AM

Jul 2010
Good ending, main points I liked was Kuroneko kiss <3 and Kyou taking action and bring Kirino home (Even though I thought she should have stayed lol). the reason why Kirino didn't call back to anyone was actually pretty inventive in my opinion because I had no idea what the reason could be. Scenes where Kirino doesn't beat Kyou to the ground are the ones I favor. Butttt more romantic scenes between Kyou and Kuroneko plzzzzz, Kyou and Kirino will neva work and people wanna see kuro more. Also I WANNA SEE Saori's ojou-sama face, the brief glimpse in da mirror was not enuff!
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this set of specials and would gladly pick up on a season 2 if it is created.... Plzzz let there be one
Jun 1, 2011 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
...to much kirino. the focus on kuroneko was what i liked about these specials but they kinda threw that out the window in this episodes. lame.
Jun 1, 2011 11:42 AM
Aug 2007
Lol i liked this episode very much ^^ very touchy lolol xD

oh and for the last minute-ish, on that big Meruru poster did they like parody : Mahou Shoujo Lyrical NANOHA The MOVIE 1st ? LOLOL

*edit* added spoiler tag with screenshot inside ^^" sowwii~ */edit*

The font style and everything looks soo similar XD oh and i believe Meruru's seiyuu is also Nanoha LOLOL XD Just the bottom font style and all lol xD Not sure about the date though lol xD what doess iitt meannnnn~ xD
Jun 1, 2011 12:37 PM

Jul 2008
Werrston said:
"The true end arc..." my ass.

The only thing I find irritating in this anime, is that the ending was so stupid and the characters didn't seem themselves in the second half of the episode. Although I suspected, I still hoped for some sort of more conclusive ending.

I agree that everyone was really OOC for those last few minutes. Especially the jump, which Kuroneko would never have participated in.

And confirmed where?
Jun 1, 2011 1:01 PM

Mar 2009
Even better than the regular series.
Jun 1, 2011 1:18 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm...I won't give this a 9/10 like what I gave the 12-episode TV series. The ending was...hmm so-so. I think the "drama" part was forced a bit and I'm not that amused.

I like the regular series better because it has more enjoyable content. I'd still vote for the episode where Kirino apologizes (and thanking) to Kyousuke for everything. (The maid uniform episode) because it progressed better.

I would love the ending to have a more dramatic or creative backstory before going to the drama. Then maybe...a hug? XD (considering it wasn't forced)

I don't mean to interfere with everyone who loves this better than the regular series. You are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. For the haters, well you're opinion's respected as long as you can respect everyone else'

I love this series, seriously but I want to judge every anime fairly, so I'll give it an 8/10 since this part just branched out from the regular series. If the regular series and the true ending arc was put up together, I'd still give it a 8/10 (instead of 9/10 and 8/10)

I would love to see more of Ore no Imouto because it's very entertaining for me. I wish there will be a season 2 ^^

Jun 1, 2011 1:56 PM

Mar 2010
Lol some happy jump ending :D

but it was sweet, wb, kirino :)
Jun 1, 2011 2:18 PM

Aug 2008

HHHNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jun 1, 2011 2:31 PM

Apr 2007
Last episode was... well not what I was expecting. It felt really boring compaired to the previous 2 episodes.
Jun 1, 2011 2:34 PM

Sep 2010
4 episodes is just way too short.

Too bad that what started as a kuroneko route still ended up with Kirino as the main heroine. Kyou acting like a weakling around Kirino all the time just makes me really mad.
Overall, would have preferred a specific ending rather than maintaining the status quo. But it was still enjoyable (<3 the kisu scene).

Jun 1, 2011 2:38 PM

Sep 2008
Stupid tease of these specials. Why did Kirino have to return when we have Kuroneko? :*(

I will at least give this a 7 since Kuroneko's overall appearance made such an impact on me.

Kirino is so bad as a sister with her mean spirited attitude towards her brother and how abusive she is to him when hes done so much all the time for her. There is no logical reason to like her unless your a masochist or a blind tsundere lover.
Jun 1, 2011 2:53 PM
Oct 2010
EtherSword said:
Stupid tease of these specials. Why did Kirino have to return when we have Kuroneko? :*(

Simple, because she's the main heroine. Kuroneko will always be second next to her.

There is no logical reason to like her unless your a masochist or a blind tsundere lover.

What's that? We can't like what you don't like? Stop being so bloody arrogant.
Jun 1, 2011 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
EtherSword said:
Kirino is so bad as a sister with her mean spirited attitude towards her brother and how abusive she is to him when hes done so much all the time for her.
Actually, I'd even go as far as calling her quite a normal sister. A bit too tsun though, I guess.
What's weird here is Kyousuke, more or less unconditionally helping her with anything and everything like it's no big deal. Then again, if we consider him as a siscon, it isn't that weird. But then it's weird in another way isntead.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 1, 2011 3:03 PM

Feb 2005
Hmmm, not enough Kuroneko.
Oh well, I guess the second season will deliver more.
Jun 1, 2011 3:13 PM

Sep 2009
None of the moments with Kirino, either in show or in the OVAs, felt very genuine. The middle two episodes were the best episodes precisely because of that. These things said, I wouldn't mind another anime continuation, especially if it means more Kuroneko on-screen. Overall, the OVAs get 7/10.
Jun 1, 2011 3:19 PM

May 2009
So many good possibilities they had to go with this one.... *sigh*
Jun 1, 2011 3:29 PM

Sep 2007
Moar Kuroneko, less Kirino.
Jun 1, 2011 3:42 PM

Sep 2010
Been said before, but for me the episode was great until Kyosuke decided to actually go to America. I have tried to be flexible, but I just can't stand Kirino. Kinda hating on Kyosuke too since his character becomes so freakin stupid when around Kirino. I'll stop there to avoid ranting ; )

3/5, I feel it could have been so much better, twas a terrible true end. While I would like to add that Kirino is over-rated, it would be alot more accurate to instead say that the entire series is over-rated. What was the plot again? : P
Jun 1, 2011 3:44 PM
Jan 2011
If find the way Kyoske begged her to come back very......bad. I have a sister and I don't cry Im lonely without you.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Jun 1, 2011 4:13 PM
Dec 2007
It was a really average episode with shallow developments and really peculiar scenes overall. I do't really understand what was achieved by these 4 episodes honestly, they were not better than the series by any means.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 1, 2011 4:13 PM

Jun 2009
Why did people expect the specials to provide a fulfilling conclusion to this anime adaptation? The primary purpose of these specials is to create a feeling of suspense in order to entice people into buying the light novel series.
Jun 1, 2011 5:31 PM
Aug 2009
This felt..A lot better in the novel. It was too short and too many scenes were cut out :(
Jun 1, 2011 6:34 PM

Nov 2008
lol I've always thought Kirino went to America to become a top model since she IS a model. So she only has a diplomatic scholarship in track and field after all XDD that's the only surprise for me.

so this is the "True route" they were talking about. I was expecting something else(Kuruneko route...) but nevertheless, nothing really changed from the ending of the TV series. Kirino is still staying in Japan.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 1, 2011 6:59 PM

May 2009
Stardust Witcxh Meruru The MOVIE 1st... just LOL, seems like they like milking that Nanoha parody xD

anyways, i liked this one, even if i'm a Kuroneko-fan, so much emotion when Kyousuke cried to bring Kirino back. And Kuroneko's kiss... that was just <3 and her saying it was a curse only made it cuter, then again, we cant hope for Kyousuke to understand -_-

A nice closure to the season, waiting for S2 :D
Jun 1, 2011 7:11 PM

Apr 2010
Haters gonna hate

I absolutely loved the conclusion. I had an uncontrollable stupid grin on my face the entire time, heh.

The build up worked wonderfully for me, and I was incredibly excited to see Kirino back in action again. Most of the love I have for this series is simply because I can relate to Kirino's hobby (excluding the ero part) and her situations (excluding the sibling part). I really enjoyed this ride and I just hope for that chance for a 2nd season.

Also, amidst all of this, I did happen to watch all of Lyrical Nanoha and I was so dumbfounded that Meruru was Nanoha's spitting image (same VA, similar name) as soon as I saw "The MOVIE 1st." I had to pause the video for a second to mentally applaud the references xP

EDIT: Some of you question how this show became so popular, and my guess would be that because there are a lot more hardcore anime fans in Japan than in America, they were also able to relate to her situation and enjoy this show as I did.
aznk93Jun 1, 2011 7:17 PM
Jun 1, 2011 7:24 PM

Jun 2009
Kyouske in full siscon mode lol

Okay, that wasn't bad as I thought it would be. I just wish at least one time I see Saori without her otaku gadgets on. Well, I get my Kuroneko saaahviss so it's cool.
Jun 1, 2011 7:43 PM

Aug 2010
Good way to end the specials I guess. I thought Kuroneko was supposed to become Kyousuke's girlfriend? oh well.
Jun 1, 2011 8:16 PM

Oct 2010
it wasn't the best ending, but it wasn't the worst either. I'm just glad Kirino is back. I plan on reading the light novels and to continue the manga, so i'll see what happens. :)
Jun 1, 2011 8:50 PM

Sep 2010
Whatever....... Kirino returns....... And Kyousuke is really a Siscon........
I really hoped for a Kuroneko ENDING........

Anyway good episode I guess........ 4/5

Series 9/10 (coz of Kuroneko's cuteness)
Jun 1, 2011 8:52 PM

Jun 2008
Vforvendetta said:
Dear Sir.Alex, if you dont want to watch the series, then dont discuss it. People like you are really annoy :( ...... please DONT TROLL THIS THREAD!!!!!!

Are you talking to me???

If so, I didn't know that having an opinion (Even if it's a strong one) is considered trolling.....

Let me show you the difference between a Troll and an Opinion:

TROLL: THIS SERIES SUX AND SO DOES EVERYONE HERE!!!!!!!

Opinion: This series sucks and here are my reasons why....

Remember SIR.....not everyone has to conform themselves with the majority of the group.

Maugomale said:
EtherSword said:
There is no logical reason to like her unless your a masochist or a blind tsundere lover.

What's that? We can't like what you don't like? Stop being so bloody arrogant.

Wrong, he is simply showing his opinion of how he and to be honest how many of us feel about Kirino.

Although he doesn't use the best words, neither do you by calling him "arrogant"....

It's not "arrogant" to believe something and not understand why others don't feel the same way you feel.

Think about it like this......RELIGION vs. ATHEIST.....they both feel VERY STRONGLY that the other side is wrong and can't understand why the other side doesn't see things their way.

BlackKnight27 said:
Why did people expect the specials to provide a fulfilling conclusion to this anime adaptation? The primary purpose of these specials is to create a feeling of suspense in order to entice people into buying the light novel series.

Exactly....

I have YET to see any Romantic comedy that truly has a 100% conclusive ending....it just doesn't exist.

This series was NEVER meant to have any closure, the creators BANKED on otaku and the incredible HYPE this series has in order to make money....

They don't care about satisfying anyone but themselves.
--ALEX--Jun 1, 2011 9:08 PM
Jun 1, 2011 9:24 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah, right! Kyousuke you do it right! Your siscon's soul finally come up!! hell yea
i'm very glad that kirino came back. though i had expected this... haha
don't care about kusoneko i guess. i'm just focusing kirino until the end <3
and the ED is freaking cute. Sasuga Ayana-sama.
Hmm i think AIC miss the epic part in the novel (when kyousuke wanna choose route between blonde loli girl and black haired girl) haaa... i want to see it deredere kirino there.
i hope there's will be second season... yeah hope...
Jun 1, 2011 9:28 PM

Jun 2009
alexcampos said:
TROLL: THIS SERIES SUX AND SO DOES EVERYONE HERE!!!!!!!

Opinion: This series sucks and here are my reasons why....

Remember SIR.....not everyone has to conform themselves with the majority of the group.

Uuuh no.

Those who troll like "This series sux balls and so does everyone" needs to take lessons from trolling academy. I bet most who use those lines as trolling ranges from 9-12 yrs. old. Anything that knows a little bit about trolling masks their troll posts as opinions so you may never know.

I believe what you posted in this episode and throughout the series is an opinion so I digress. An opinion that I can somehow agree just to a "certain extent" because Kirino also gets to me at times, but not as much hate as you do.
Jun 1, 2011 9:29 PM

Jul 2008
alexcampos said:

I have YET to see any Romantic comedy that truly has a 100% conclusive ending....it just doesn't exist.

Some do. Toradora, Lovely Complex, and Nodame Cantabile to name a few.
Jun 1, 2011 9:31 PM

Oct 2010
PaulNamida said:
Stardust Witcxh Meruru The MOVIE 1st... just LOL, seems like they like milking that Nanoha parody xD
I was thinking along the same lines. Strangely enough a Nanoha movie came out around the time this was done perhaps not aired but done being drawn.
alexcampos said:
BlackKnight27 said:
Exactly.... I have YET to see any Romantic comedy that truly has a 100% conclusive ending....it just doesn't exist.
You are wrong about that one in terms of Clannad and Kanon 2006 but maybe you did not see them. There was definitely conclusive romance between MCs.
xOriginalxSinx said:
Oh dude ROFL @ the video! Oh wow! If only he read what happens after, little moron that guy is. Remember folks haste makes waste.
OrochiPL said:

My face before Kyousuke went to America.

My face after Kyousuke got to America.
Oh but why? USA is great to visit.
Werrston said:
Euh what? There is so going to be, they just have to remove the ecchi for Ishihara to do nothing about it. So what there are hints of incest, if not shown then he not care.
Yumekichi11Jun 1, 2011 9:39 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Specials Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 25, 2011

176 by Lazulite »»
Jan 20, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hitei - Mar 29, 2011

218 by Lazulite »»
Jan 20, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 21, 2011

223 by Lazulite »»
Jan 19, 4:23 PM

» info etc

zimno - Feb 1, 2011

11 by Etceteral »»
Jul 2, 2020 9:19 PM

» How fast Kuroneko write [episode 3]

Wannabiteme - Feb 27, 2015

2 by Wannabiteme »»
Mar 14, 2015 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.