Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 19, 2011 12:40 PM
Jun 2009
Monad said:
Yeah this arc was more enjoyable than the last two. The mystery did seemed to be solved too sudden though. Rich bastards thinking they can buy everything with there stupid money. Nice seeing them run in panic while the police arrested them.

In this arc Victorica was also very awesome because of that cold that lifted even more her cute factor. Liked her expression when she said she wanted her present.

Btw what was that thing with her hands. They where red and now they are fine, i didn't get it.

Confusing dream with the inceptor there. Did he said some harsh words at her at some point or is she just torturing herself?

I guess the final arc will involve that magician guy. What's up with that guy? I wonder who he is.

Closing i want to point to Victorica finally giving her fans what they were waiting for. Your fanservice moment.

i think it was wounds from when she saved kujo on that burning bridge back into the village. they dissapeared since the wounds healed.
Mar 19, 2011 12:41 PM
Jun 2009
twonline said:
PerlaNemesis said:
twonline said:
Hakochi said:

ROFL, anyone notice that Victorique's mom had a cold too
funny how they both have a cold at the same time, oh well
l

What? As I recall her mom was dead. Or am I wrong?

Cordelia is alive. She was seen together with Brian Roscoe in episode 8. In episode 10 he said: "Be careful with lady. She has caught cold." and then we hear someone sneeze. She definitely was in that doll.

Oh! damn, I totally forgot that.....

she dissapeared during the first world war if i remember right.
Mar 19, 2011 1:29 PM

May 2010
Victorique was once more very cute!!(especially at the scene where she accepted the souvenir XD)
The whole mystery wasn't the best one though...
Looking forward to the next one ~-^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2011 9:22 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, pretty good episode, way better than the last one. Did Kujo even tell Anastasia his name, or do I just have a bad memory?
They really need to come up with better mysteries -_-"
Glaviel is awesome, but it seems like he has some kind of deep past with Victorica ...
That Brian guy shows up again. He seems cool lol
Jacqueline huh? Wonder what her relationship with him is ...
Not very much Victorica = win :D
"Last time" Kujou says ... HOW WILL HE SURVIVE WITHOUT ASKING HER FOR MORE HELP?! I mean, the anime's not even half over! ;O
Mar 20, 2011 2:49 AM

Dec 2009
I still have one question left ... how did Anastasia manage to escape from such a building , get a carriage and then find Kujo ?....
Mar 20, 2011 3:29 AM

Oct 2010
PandAEmiC said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Another that mind fucked is WTF at Cordelia with what looks like the shadow of Duke De Blois in the spoiler
seriously WTF? Cordelia looked she was traumatized beyond anything, worst tortured and hungered by being curled up into a ball.

Just a little heads up, thats not Cordelia on the floor, thats Victorique. Also, that's not the Duke either, thats Grevil. The next episode is supposed to be a backstory on Grevil and the new girl that showed up (I can't believe I already forgot her name seeing as how I just saw the ep 30 minutes ago.) and such. Kinda explains the title of the next ep too...
OMG seriously? That would only mean that Grevil is regretting his past and Victorica's has nightmares about it but then who would not. Guess it goes back to the following comment of my friend,
Inarius said:
....BONES can always turn on the mindfuck filter you know...
It's as Inarius mentions, I got trolled like for the 5th times in my own theories and assumptions so I can say for sure chaos is bound to plague thee mind but I shall still have the fun of either being right or wrong. At least I still stay by my words of all was being cruelty beyond anything at all towards Victorica. I wonder what made her survive through it. Thanks for pointing it out but I have a feeling something is up with Grevil because I doubt it was out of his own will. Someone forced him with many things among them I include coercion in many forms whatever they may be.
Monad said:
Btw what was that thing with her hands. They where red and now they are fine, i didn't get it.

Victorica has very fragile skin and hands. If you noticed it she has a quite a white tan. Thus her saving Kujo and holding him till he goes back from being KO took time and her hands exerted their max capabilities of holding Kujo. So came the redness of the skin being over its limits of holding. In this regard Victorica could use some gym but I doubt she will do that. ROFL!
Monad said:
Confusing dream with the inceptor there. Did he said some harsh words at her at some point or is she just torturing herself?
I am sure this was forced on her, I suspect highly a form of mental torture or hunger itself with water deprivation.
Monad said:
I guess the final arc will involve that magician guy. What's up with that guy? I wonder who he is.
Brian Roscoe, the man who gave electricity to Seiyrun. I always had my doubts on him since his first appearance.
Monad said:
Closing i want to point to Victorica finally giving her fans what they were waiting for. Your fanservice moment.
I don't consider this fan service but I did consider seeing Victorica in pajamas more fan service oriented. ROFL!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 20, 2011 7:36 PM

Apr 2010
Ah, this was good.

Kujo is still kind of a disappointment... why can't he bring himself to hitting women is beyond me. I have my saying... if a woman thinks she's hard enough to hit a man... then she is hard enough to be hit by a man.

That pipe holder cracked me up. The ED theme is still as good as ever.
Mar 21, 2011 12:12 AM

Feb 2010
Why the police didnt have guns :/?

anyway the ep was ok , the window trick was good.
Mar 21, 2011 12:30 AM

Jun 2009
No matter how well trained your secretary is, when the law catches you, you lose.
Mar 21, 2011 10:13 AM

Nov 2009
Monad said:

I never thought some one would actually mention that. lol

alwaysbored said:
I still have one question left ... how did Anastasia manage to escape from such a building , get a carriage and then find Kujo ?....

After the last arch, I sort of felt like I should just stop wondering about such details. Lets just expect that there will be more flaws in the show.

Right now this Rosco guy is stirring my curiosity.
Mar 21, 2011 4:37 PM

Jan 2009
I didn't really like this arc, but it seems like a transition for more of Brian Roscoe. I'm interested in Gravil's character, since Victorique's dream seems to reveal more than we expect out of him.
Mar 22, 2011 12:18 AM

Dec 2010
Brian Roscoe.... hmm
nd teh pipe glass show holder was really pretty :)
Mar 22, 2011 10:24 AM

Jun 2009
nostripe361 said:
twonline said:
PerlaNemesis said:
twonline said:
Hakochi said:

ROFL, anyone notice that Victorique's mom had a cold too
funny how they both have a cold at the same time, oh well
l

What? As I recall her mom was dead. Or am I wrong?

Cordelia is alive. She was seen together with Brian Roscoe in episode 8. In episode 10 he said: "Be careful with lady. She has caught cold." and then we hear someone sneeze. She definitely was in that doll.

Oh! damn, I totally forgot that.....

she dissapeared during the first world war if i remember right.

Yes, Cordelia disappeared and no-one knows that happened to her.
Here's that Roscoe said:
"Can you see it? Your sin went down in flames."
Mar 22, 2011 10:34 AM

Jul 2010
Hurvilo said:

All in all a very well executed episode. The tempo is still a tad high, but not by a whole lot. I expect great things from the remainder of the series, especially when we get to those inevitable arcs that Bones think deserve a lot of time (otherwise they really wouldn't speed through the material like this).

it's because BONES is planning an FMA:B stunt with GOSICK, to coincide the ending of the anime w/ the release of the final volume, Volume VII of GOSICK.
http://www.gosick.tv/special/index.html

So if BONES is planning in animating everything, you still have 3 volumes + 1 volume(the final volume) and two short stories. I guess they could do it with the fact they finished 3 volumes and 1 short story in just 10 episodes.

they really are one of the animation studios in Japan who loves making risk.
BONES, Brains Base and SHAFT, i just love this three. ^^

oh and Glaviel's original hairstyle is shown in the preview and if someone wants a better look, kindly look it here
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/250021
i think he looks more "cool" with his original hairstyle, giving me Roscoe vibes
AmberFebruaryMar 22, 2011 11:04 AM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Mar 23, 2011 1:40 AM

Jun 2009
AmberFebruary said:
Hurvilo said:

All in all a very well executed episode. The tempo is still a tad high, but not by a whole lot. I expect great things from the remainder of the series, especially when we get to those inevitable arcs that Bones think deserve a lot of time (otherwise they really wouldn't speed through the material like this).

it's because BONES is planning an FMA:B stunt with GOSICK, to coincide the ending of the anime w/ the release of the final volume, Volume VII of GOSICK.
http://www.gosick.tv/special/index.html

So if BONES is planning in animating everything, you still have 3 volumes + 1 volume(the final volume) and two short stories. I guess they could do it with the fact they finished 3 volumes and 1 short story in just 10 episodes.

they really are one of the animation studios in Japan who loves making risk.
BONES, Brains Base and SHAFT, i just love this three. ^^

oh and Glaviel's original hairstyle is shown in the preview and if someone wants a better look, kindly look it here
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/250021
i think he looks more "cool" with his original hairstyle, giving me Roscoe vibes

I think BONES can pull off the "FMA:B" thing seeing as how they are doing a good pace and we're only half way done with the series too seeing how it's going to be 24 eps (as what MAL says).

Also yea, I noticed Grevil's "Down" hairstyle, looks much better. Seeing as how whenever I see Grevil, it's usually comedic so yea, a badass looking character thats comedic doesn't flow well in my book... Kinda also explains why he doesn't want to take favors from Victorique also.
Mar 25, 2011 9:34 AM

Apr 2010
great ep.

but im more curious about the red haired man and the lady with colds hiding inside the box which two of his men carried.
Mar 25, 2011 11:51 PM

Aug 2008
I've fallen into a nice groove with this series. The first episode of this arc was somewhat frustrating, but that's understandable. It was supposed to be that way. This episode was the sweet payback. With a little sense from Victorique, Kujo's usual perseverance and Grevil's manpower the barriers were stripped away and everything was set right.

On a side note, that magician is back waltzing through the story line. It's clear that Victorique's mother was in that chest. I just continue to wonder what the hell they're doing together and what their purpose towards the storyline is. End game Big Bad? Who knows? But I'm anxious to find out.

Mar 26, 2011 8:52 PM

Jul 2010
rewatching it, Brian Roscoe is giving me Edmond Dantès from Gankutsuou vibes, i wonder if their plan, him and Cordelia is the same w/ that of Edmond, to take revenge, but to whom? and why? >.<
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Mar 28, 2011 4:13 AM

Aug 2009
Ehm, so the girl is supposed to be Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova? I just love references to actual historical figures.
Revelations about Jeantan and the Blue Rose were pretty much what I anticipated. Guess the mystery stuff in this anime isn't much of a mystery, but that was pretty much clear from the first few episodes.
Putting that aside, this was an OK episode and there was kind of introduction for that Roscoe guy, so I expect we'll soon see more of him.
metamorphiusMar 28, 2011 4:17 AM
Mar 28, 2011 12:59 PM

Oct 2009
Prteey smart how they found that hidden room.

It was a pipe holder? xD
Mar 29, 2011 4:46 AM

Jul 2010
some people comment on how this series is not as strong for a mystery series but is good with its characters and plot.

anyway, one thing i can say that this series lacks in its mystery department is the "lack of argument", everything Victorique deducted is already accepted as truth (but they do hold sense and are all possible)(in Detective Conan, we can hear Conan's monologue so we got to think along with him as he think of his deductions,there is also Detective Mouri who do his own deductions of the crime,thus,the argument) it's like watching the Sherlock Holmes movie adaptation where in Holmes did all the deducting himself with us just watching.

anyways, this series is still "very good" for me, i love all of it even though the mystery is not so "mystifying", they're still unique in their own way for me, w/o falling deeply in "far-fetched schemes" found in many detective stories today.
the animation, the scenery, the music and the characters,they're all win for me. ^^
Apr 4, 2011 4:53 PM

Jan 2008
I liked this short arc. It didn't come together all that well, but was at least entertaining :)
Apr 5, 2011 2:33 PM
Mar 2010
This arc made only two eps, Victorica like ever is awesome!!!
I want Victorica's past arc, but I think probably it will be last arc.... even so next episode, what we will see?? it seems non important episode on grevil's hari..... bh....

next to 11th ep
Apr 10, 2011 6:31 PM

Apr 2009
That little boy is going to grow up to be pretty great, with his memory and now resources. :)
Apr 11, 2011 5:22 AM

Jan 2011
Dum dudu dum :)
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Apr 17, 2011 5:53 AM

Oct 2008
Awww, glass slipper was sweet.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 11, 2011 10:53 AM

Mar 2011
Mehh.
Sep 7, 2011 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
sol-chan76 said:
I sense Ace Attorney reference (on Kujo.)

i was thinking the EXACT same thing, lol

Nov 4, 2011 11:53 AM

Jun 2011
So the reason Grevil's hair is like that not because he like that hairstyle, but was due to Vic. I wonder what really happen between them...

That glasses woman at the department store really shocked me. She knows kung-fu!! Luckily Grevil was "experienced" with woman that he easily captured her~

That magician (Brian) is there again. What was his motives? And I got this feeling that the girl that was with Brian in previous episode was Vic's twin or something o_O

I like the idea of giving a pipe holder in the glass slipper shape. It really suits Vic.
Dec 17, 2011 12:36 PM

May 2009
I love the dialing noice from the phone.... lol
ohhh phone operater!! derrr derrr derrr derrr, Your call can not be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again.
Apr 17, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2009
Well it was a decent case though I had higher expectations.
May 21, 2012 9:49 AM

Dec 2011
I was thinking "cinderella's glass shoe?" O.o
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Aug 8, 2012 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode. Blue Rose is really pretty. I want one.

Grevil just earned my respect.

Children auction is disgusting. I'm glad they caught those bastards.

I like the hobo kid. And...I forgot his name. ;S
Nov 6, 2012 3:27 PM

Sep 2010
In the end Kujo didn't get his sister a blue diamond...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 10, 2013 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
Not a big fan of the detective work or mysteries.
Jul 10, 2013 8:23 AM
Apr 2012
i like how casual they were with the whole human trafficking incident.
Jan 26, 2014 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
TheHoudhini said:
i like how casual they were with the whole human trafficking incident.

This.
Salmon is delicious.
Aug 9, 2014 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
Bonus points for upping the ante by displaying human trafficking, but the actual revelation of the mystery was pretty underwhelming this time around. They took a better mystery and did worse with it. Oh well.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 14, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
I got a justice boner :)

That ending scene was cute and funny. A pipe holder, wouldn't have thought to use it that way.

I'm really curious about that dream Victorique had. She didn't seem to be in good term with her brother... In fact, I wonder what part Grevil had of her imprisonment.

It was pretty obvious that it was some human trafficking. Unlike Grevil, I doubt they'll find all the girls... :/

That preview was hilarious : ''Beneath his twisted hair, he hides... candies!''
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 4, 2014 1:23 PM

Jun 2014
Wasn't too fond of this arc, glad its over

Mar 8, 2015 3:14 PM
Jul 2014
This case/story wasn't so interesting. Hope next ones will be better...
Sep 11, 2015 7:15 PM
May 2015
This arc is superb, the way it was solved was great.
Sep 10, 2016 10:01 PM

Oct 2012
Human trafficking is worst, I hope they can be removed from this world
They're exist just to remind us, that human sucks

Lol preview
There's candy inside Grevil's hair? xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 17, 2017 7:23 AM

Feb 2013
Those bastards were selling girls!
I loved the despair they were in when the police appeared.
May 26, 2017 5:18 PM

Nov 2016
Brian Boscoe the magician Kujou met in episode 6 and the guy who was with Victoriques mother, I'm curious to know which roll he will play.

The mytery behind Grevils hairsstyle was the best one so far xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2020 3:10 PM
Sep 2019
It's interesting how they are building up the universe, with the magician, Victorique's flashback, that woman at the police station in the end... Louis was really great, I hope we're going to see more of him in the future!
Dec 18, 2021 11:11 PM
Oct 2016
This got dark real fast with Human trafficking case.
Jul 28, 2022 2:59 PM

Mar 2019
I liked this, but what I loved more were the hints at Grevil and Victorique's past, which somehow is still a mystery. At this point, I doubt Victorique isn't a normal girl.

Seems like the next episode will focus on that so can't wait.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 6, 2023 1:20 PM

Feb 2022
Avril didn't know that her horror story telling is actually based on real events.

That Anastasia, I wonder if that's a reference on real life Anastasia Romanov...
Feb 13, 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
So Kujo really had to ask Veronika what goes on in that shop, after finding a frightened girl in the basement? Well slavery, duh?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

timeagent - Jan 14, 2011

201 by redorzo »»
Apr 30, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.