Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 14, 2011 12:36 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh great, aired on TV Aichi : >
(And it's up on Himado and Say-Move, for those interested in the raw.)

Oh hurr durr, Brian Roscoe, what a nice surprise. So that was him, after all.
And apparently, Victorique had already begun researching the disappearances in the papers.
Well how surprising expected wasn't that? The Blue rose "copy" was actually the real deal.
And it's annoying, but Grevil is much smarter than Kujo.
Also, dun dun dunnn everything turns into a brawl, wooo ヽ(´ー`)ノ
What a chaotic arc. In more than one way.

Nice pipe holder. What?
Well, that turned out well, and I think this is probably the best arc so far. Unless the first arc was better. And this new woman, Grevil's acquaintance, she seems pretty nice and all. I wonder for how long. So far, this show has been pretty mean to new characters who "seem nice".
Now, to see what Roscoe actually has to do with everything.
Edit: Oh and next week there's a special episode, apparently.
OosranMar 14, 2011 1:04 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 14, 2011 1:00 PM

Nov 2008
Grevil and Kujo make an ok team, and the brawl was epic as well as the sting operation. Victorica is on the ball even when she's sick. Classy Pipe Holder

Mar 14, 2011 4:12 PM

Jul 2010
Oh wow, you've seen it? I really didn't expect it to air.
Well I gotta wait for subs anyway. :3

Mar 14, 2011 4:38 PM
Jun 2008
horse carriage mystery ~~~ ....how they get out of that horse carriage ??~~~
Mar 14, 2011 9:26 PM

Mar 2010

Gravil plays a nice role in this episode. He's pretty cool-looking in that screenshot too. (Btw, I'm kinda curious about the relationship between the debt he owed to Victorica and his drill hair. :3 )

Victorica's one of the most moe character in this winter season. So adorable! XD

I thought the deduction part was pretty weak in this episode, and my guess is that the show skipped certain parts in the light novel to speed up the plot. I still like Gosick as a historical thriller though, as it has interesting backgrounds, characters, and settings. :)
stevewiess01Mar 14, 2011 9:32 PM

Mar 16, 2011 2:52 PM

Aug 2009
Well, this arc was sooohooooo much better than the previous 2. Let's hope Gosick will get as good as it was in the first 3 episodes.

5/5 for this episode.
Oh, and that shot at the and where Victorique held the green shoe thingy with her pipe was beautiful.
I'd like her more if she weren't tsundere though.
Mar 16, 2011 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
OK episode, I'm just glad I can watch something....

it seems almost every anime has been postponed.
Mar 16, 2011 5:37 PM

Jun 2010
"Let me tell you my brother's secret. In his drill, there is...candy, Kujo."
I didn't catch the Anastasia-Russia connection until they mentioned that she escaped and was apart of royalty
and that was a nicely planned out operation to solve the case, could have been a little more action with Kujo though, instead of him just running by everything
Mar 16, 2011 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Yay subs finally came out tried watching the RAW was able to understand bits, but yeah prefer subs..
anyways, this episode was good
somehow on the paperweight thing, I remembered what my friend said once about that, "if it breaks its glass, if it doesn't then its crystal" so yeah, the things that pop into anime too lol
ROFL, anyone notice that Victorique's mom had a cold too
funny how they both have a cold at the same time, oh well
as for the preview of the next ep, I can't wait, always wondering why Grevil had that hairstyle... and stuff lol
Mar 16, 2011 6:16 PM

Apr 2009
I sense Ace Attorney reference (on Kujo.)
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Mar 16, 2011 7:11 PM

Nov 2008
I was happy to find out that the subs are out and for me the wait was worth it. The mystery was not as big as I had hoped for but in the end it was still pretty good.
Mar 16, 2011 7:46 PM

Sep 2008
Sick Victorique was as adorable as ever.
The ending to the mystery was pretty meh though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2011 8:10 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, kind of funny how Grevil completely depends on Victorique to solve all the cases for him.
Mar 16, 2011 8:18 PM

Jun 2010
What a nice way to end this arc. The girls ended up being save except for the ones that have already been sold. Victorica gets well in the next episode. YAY!!!! It just doesn't say Gosick if she's not always on screen.

Mar 16, 2011 8:40 PM

Feb 2011
I wasn't expecting the brawl but it definitely added to the show. Victorique's new pipe holder is awesome. This was a good episode for sure.
Mar 16, 2011 10:18 PM

Aug 2010
Kujo should have kicked some ass!! I know he has brass knuckles on him somewhere.
Mar 17, 2011 12:28 AM

Jan 2011
It seems from a throwaway line, that Grevil may have renounced his position of heir, "That is all in the past". I wonder if there is a connection with his female friend or with Victorique?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 17, 2011 12:40 AM

Sep 2009
I'm more than ready for Victorique to rejoin Kujo in his adventures.

I'm glad they solved that case fairly quickly, selling young girls is just wrong.
Mar 17, 2011 1:27 AM

Jan 2009
stevewiess01 said:

Victorica's one of the most moe character in this winter season. So adorable! XD

Shame she is such a moody little madam! Anyway, enjoy this:

http://sadpanda.us/images/399901-4L857RQ.jpg

;)
Mar 17, 2011 1:29 AM

Feb 2009
Not as meh as the other arcs but still meh.
Mar 17, 2011 2:58 AM

Jun 2009
That was a pretty good episode. Its funny that Victorica puts her pipe in the glass shoe. And I notice Grevil's hair looks normal in the preview.

Mar 17, 2011 5:11 AM

Oct 2010
Although I did not have time comment on episode 8 and 9, TBH episode 8 is still the best and #9 is the cutest. In fact sickly cute Victorica. Seriously this episode rocked! Action, drama and cruelty along with some comedy. The best was really Victorica at the end with that pipe/cinder-ally show combo in the following,

although it looks a little strange, I do wonder how she will look now with taking that pipe in her mouth. Well certain it represents 2 things, that of beauty with intelligence. Another that mind fucked is WTF at Victorica with what looks like the shadow of Grevil in the spoiler
seriously WTF? Victorica looked she was traumatized beyond anything, worst tortured and hungered by being curled up into a ball. Now I ask WTF is that again? IRL it’s like torturing those Iraq soldiers. I see almost no difference except this being more softer. One more thing I hate these child auctions in the spoiler
what is wrong with us wanting to get rid of our children for money? Seriously you must be sick in the head to have a kidnapping child ring as means to make money while having no conscious that the end of this results in permanent child mental damage not to mention they think of themselves as worth nothing more than a sexual object or a tool to serve who bough them. Sick shit seriously.

About Kujo, at first the hand grabbing his face scared me out as a kidnapping. I liked how Kujo knew of Ruji’s face and meets up with him of all places in a dark alley. The fact he believes him while others did not and becomes quite friendly with him was a nice moment to be seen developed between them while I liked the fact he did remind himself of Victorica be looking over the handkerchief that had written all over idiot from Victorica. I was not surprised as much as Kujo was with the whole Blue rose thing of the real one not breaking since it was a too obvious thing. I loved finger pointing in the spoiler
in the end he was brilliant in finding out the single window left from the Blue John, whom you can find out about here. The strongest point of Kujo is his expressive facials and determination during this episode, he may be not as smart as Victorica but he’s got guts ever since his most prominent role in episode 8.

About Grevil, I have enough seen of him in this episode to get a good glimpse into his personality further on. The first thing that grabbed my attention is when Grevil grabbed Kujo rather violently and in response Kujo asked him why not phone Victorica himself. The key thing here is exactly the way he responded with his facial expression on the level of his mouth. It was of a aggressive/frustrating regretful nature TBH. His plan of suddenly grabbing Kujo in front of Garnier and his assistant only as a means of faking with that wink of his as a end to having the officers mark down the windows that do not have Blue John stone in them. Grevil’s shinning moment is where he grabbed Miss martial arts trained girl in the spoiler
It’s pretty amazing considering that she took down 3 officers herself.

About Anastasia, I was really surprised at first that she was the one who grabbed Kujo. While being inside the carriage she looked a little defiant towards Kujo. As she tells him her story I find her most cute in the spoiler
while she looking for clothing. Unfortunately that changed rather quickly with a change in her expression. While all this child auction BS came into light it was obvious that even got sad over Anastasia crying to Kujo about it. She looked much more relieved when Kujo offers to help her in all he can. I was glad to see her being in the police station despite being still depressed. I was sure happy to see her smiling in the spoiler
that was a great relief. I hope she has a great marriage now that she is back with her relatives.

About the brawl, just want to mention that the girl in the spoiler
being Garnier’s assistant is freaking nuts for getting in one shot a police officer with a chop being most likely a instant KO and knee jabbing the other one that if he got in the solar plexus would most like have him result in a KO also. She must know pressure points, good martial arts and have amazing reflective skills to accomplish that despite Grevil catching her at a good moment. The face off of Garnier’s men against the officer was amazing! Nicely done and I love those types. In the end I was glad that all those people got arrested in the spoiler
by the police for being SOBs in buying kids as well as the police officers taking care of the kids due to them having most likely traumatic stress. That crown artifact looks really expensive.

Rest in the spoiler
About preview, looks like Victorica’s new angry expression is cute. What’s this? Another murder mystery? Well this shall be fun. WTF at someone writing on their arm. Looks like a love story between Grevil and Josephine.
Yumekichi11Mar 20, 2011 10:39 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 17, 2011 5:33 AM

Jun 2009
So, Brian Roscoe really was a magician. It seems that he remembers Kujo. I wonder if Cordelia was still with him (that sneeze and joke about lady having caught cold... I wonder if that means that Cordelia was hiding in that doll?..)
For a moment I thought that I'm going to see Mildred again. Too bad that Grevil's friend turned out to be woman named Jacquilene (sorry if spelled wrong). Next episode seems to be more about Grevil. Looking forward to seeing it.
Mar 17, 2011 7:48 AM

Dec 2009
So from the way I gathered it Grevil has his hair like that as a returning favor to Victorique every time he asks her help? Brilliant and hilarious.
Ara ara.
Mar 17, 2011 8:02 AM

Jul 2009
In that drill...
he has hidden...
candy...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 17, 2011 9:13 AM

Nov 2009
I found the mystery to be pretty interesting. Only thing was that we knew the blue rose was the real deal from the start, but i guess they needed to prove it again by dropping a national treasure.

I like the little guy. At this point Kujo is one of the few idiots, everyone else is smarter in some way except the teacher.
Mar 17, 2011 10:48 AM

Jul 2010
Pretty good arc this was. Kujo was actually a bit useful solving this one even though Victorique did most of it as always. ^^

So that is where Graviel got his drill-hair from. I was something he had to do in return for Victorique helping him solve a mystery. Still wonder why she was called "The Grey Wolf" though (or maybe I just missed that? =P).

And to top it all off we got this epically cute scene:

Mar 17, 2011 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
and looks like BONES just covered three light novels and one short story in just 10 episodes ^^

well, what amazes me is how they managed to cover that amount of material into pleasant, well-played and enjoyable episodes.

aside from that, this episode is amazing. I just love what they did to Jiantan, that "Blue John" plan was amazing to see and i love seeing our Inspector and the police in action.

and i can't believe Glaviel has "long hair" ? well base on the preview and i can't wait to watch it but i guess i have TWO WEEKS to patiently wait for it. (next week is a Gosick special)

and finally, Hope Japan recovers from its crisis.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Mar 17, 2011 11:45 AM

Sep 2009
STM said:
I'd like her more if she weren't tsundere though.
Agreed.

HawthorneKitty said:
The ending to the mystery was pretty meh though.
Agreed.

When will Resuscitated Hope's full version come out? Dying to get my hands on it.
Mar 17, 2011 12:20 PM

Apr 2010
The mystery was indeed easily solved but it wasn't a bad episode as a mater of fact i really liked it.
I hope that warehouse owner gets the most severe punishment out there, selling girls as slaves he really is scum.

Anastasia looked so much better near the end of the episode it was really nice to see that her situation improved.
After the treatment she went trough.
Then there is also that boy it's nice to see that he will have a brighter future and with his memory and intellect it would not be surprising to see him ending up as a scientist or something similar.

It was also nice the see that Victorique got better from her cold at the end of the episode tho seeing her sick was cute.
It appears her mother was also sick since i suspect she was the one in the box of the magician and the one that magician was talking about.
Victorique was pretty demanding of the teacher almost demanding her to get those newspapers i wonder tho how she knew that Kujo was on that case.

I wonder where Kujo was keeping the souvenirs when he was on board the train since he didn't seem to be holding on to them and he also didn't went shopping for that mater.
I also like the fact that he got interrupted during his speech about being the son of a imperial soldier, it makes him look so chauvinistic.
Mar 17, 2011 1:38 PM

Aug 2010
Cute Victorique is cute.

Mar 17, 2011 1:51 PM

Jul 2008
A few questions...

How did Kujo and Anastasia escape from the carriage?

Who is Jacqueline?

Who is Brian Roscoe?

My memory is not that great.
Mar 17, 2011 2:38 PM

Sep 2008
GarLogan78 said:
How did Kujo and Anastasia escape from the carriage?

They didn't need escaping since they weren't trapped. We were never told who drove that carriage (a bit weird, yes) but I am guessing that Jacqueline girl or something like that. An ally, not an enemy. The only reason for Anastasia to be inside that thing was probably so none of the staff of that creepy place would spot her.

The most intresting scene was Roscoe's little speech. Was he actually implying that there was a girl inside of that doll-thingy? Sure sounded like it.

All in all a very well executed episode. The tempo is still a tad high, but not by a whole lot. I expect great things from the remainder of the series, especially when we get to those inevitable arcs that Bones think deserve a lot of time (otherwise they really wouldn't speed through the material like this).
Mar 17, 2011 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
The mysteries still suck. Good thing Victorique is cute.
Mar 17, 2011 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
Nice ep overall. It's nice to see the guys being useful for a change.
One thing didn't make sense though. Kujo may be an idiot, but his memory is one of his strong points. Him not remembering where he heard the name Brian Roscoe before was highly unlikely.
Mar 17, 2011 3:35 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Another that mind fucked is WTF at Cordelia with what looks like the shadow of Duke De Blois in the spoiler
seriously WTF? Cordelia looked she was traumatized beyond anything, worst tortured and hungered by being curled up into a ball. Now I ask WTF is that again? IRL it’s like torturing those Iraq soldiers. I see almost no difference except this being more softer. One more thing I hate these child auctions in the spoiler
what is wrong with us wanting to get rid of our children for money? Seriously you must be sick in the head to have a kidnapping child ring as means to make money while having no conscious that the end of this results in permanent child mental damage not to mention they think of themselves as worth nothing more than a sexual object or a tool to serve who bough them. Sick shit seriously.

Yeah, all that stuff is really sick. It seems that Grevil isn't a good guy, but we'll just have to wait and see if that shadow was actually him. It could be a trick by the creators just trying to screw with us. The children stuff is really sad too. Kind of make it seems that Hobbes was right when he said that man is evil by nature. Looking at how stuff like this goes on irl (as you brought up with your example) you wonder if he is right, but I don't like to be too pessimistic.
Mar 17, 2011 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
alexcampos said:
OK episode, I'm just glad I can watch something....

it seems almost every anime has been postponed.
I hear you. It's understandable, but this is the first time I've watched any of the on-goings since last Thursday. I was really starting to miss them. ^_^;;

Linalee-Stratos said:
When will Resuscitated Hope's full version come out? Dying to get my hands on it.
Pretty sure it's April 27th, but don't quote me on it. I've been waiting for its release, too.

GarLogan78 said:
Who is Jacqueline?

Who is Brian Roscoe?
Jacqueline was just introduced this episode, so you're not missing anything.

Brian Roscoe was introduced at the beginning of the last mystery. He was the guy that made Kujo's textbooks disappear. He was shown again at the end of mystery, along with (unconfirmed) Victorique's mother (ep. 8). Brian Rosco was also the one that brought electricity to that secluded village.

So while I'm on Roscoe-san... his eyes are just too cool! No, really, I love the way his eyes are drawn. I can't wait 'til they show more of his character. To me he's the biggest mystery in the whole show.

I love how everyone just started fighting. You're gonna get caught, guys. I guess they thought they could slip out during the chaos. And I'm starting to like Grevil a lot more, too. Pretty cool how he shutdown that martial arts woman.

I'm sure everyone else thought that glass boot Victorique got was pretty random, but my mom collects those things so I was all, "Hey, I know what that is!" :P

*Points at signature* I've got a Blue Rose!
Mar 17, 2011 4:45 PM

Mar 2010
Lol victorique actually uses the pipe for something...i wonder if its just for fashion

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 17, 2011 4:58 PM

Nov 2008
ManInBlack said:

;)
^freakin' saved!!! XDD

For a while when I saw those "demons" when Anastasia described it, I thought they were fans squealing or something and those girls were the idols XDD

I hate to see them selling young girls, good thing they solved it fast xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 17, 2011 6:26 PM

Oct 2009
lol whenever the police say don't move or freeze ....that's when everybody runs :P
Mar 17, 2011 8:25 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode as always...and I honestly did not think the slipper was for the pipe..silly me... : )

Candy in the drill....now that I'd like to see..
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 17, 2011 9:22 PM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Another that mind fucked is WTF at Cordelia with what looks like the shadow of Duke De Blois in the spoiler
seriously WTF? Cordelia looked she was traumatized beyond anything, worst tortured and hungered by being curled up into a ball. Now I ask WTF is that again? IRL it’s like torturing those Iraq soldiers. I see almost no difference except this being more softer. One more thing I hate these child auctions in the spoiler

Yeah, all that stuff is really sick. It seems that Grevil isn't a good guy, but we'll just have to wait and see if that shadow was actually him. It could be a trick by the creators just trying to screw with us.
Even if it's not him then his father is still sick. That may explain why he feels ashamed to speak To Victorica because he could not stop his father from abusing her mother. BTW what would Victorica's mother be to Grevil? Stepmother? Anyways I think he had appreciation for her and resented his father over it. I need to get sleep but I will elaborate later on this.
prismheart said:
The children stuff is really sad too. Kind of make it seems that Hobbes was right when he said that man is evil by nature. Looking at how stuff like this goes on irl (as you brought up with your example) you wonder if he is right, but I don't like to be too pessimistic.
It's not the man who is evil but the force driving him, IMO that would be what people call Satan or whatever else it may be such as devils. The problem is how to eliminate that threat.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 18, 2011 1:04 AM

Sep 2010
Hakochi said:

l

What? As I recall her mom was dead. Or am I wrong?

ManInBlack said:

;)

"Save as" on HDD.... :D

She's the MOE character of this season....... ;)
Mar 18, 2011 1:25 AM

Jun 2009
twonline said:
Hakochi said:

l

Cordelia is alive. She was seen together with Brian Roscoe in episode 8. In episode 10 he said: "Be careful with lady. She has caught cold." and then we hear someone sneeze. She definitely was in that doll.
Mar 18, 2011 1:32 AM

Nov 2007
Oh hell yes, I wasn't expecting an episode this week.

Fabulous as always. I can't wait to hear more about Brian Roscoe and that scene with the Gray Wolf near the end. Initially thought it was Victorica and Grevil, so Grevil nearly lost all his cool points, but after reading through, it'd make a lot of sense if it was actually Cordelia and the Marquis.

Mystery was rather straightforward as always, but I don't really mind anyway. Tbh, I'm watching this as more of a thriller/comedy/drama than as a mystery.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Mar 18, 2011 5:27 AM

Feb 2010
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Oh hell yes, I wasn't expecting an episode this week.

Fabulous as always. I can't wait to hear more about Brian Roscoe and that scene with the Gray Wolf near the end. Initially thought it was Victorica and Grevil, so Grevil nearly lost all his cool points, but after reading through, it'd make a lot of sense if it was actually Cordelia and the Marquis.

Mystery was rather straightforward as always, but I don't really mind anyway. Tbh, I'm watching this as more of a thriller/comedy/drama than as a mystery.

Basically, everything I wanted to say. I wanna know more about Brian Roscoeee...
Mar 18, 2011 5:39 AM

Sep 2009
the last part just made me lol xD

victorica sure is creative hehehe
Mar 18, 2011 6:20 AM

Nov 2008
melody423 said:
lol whenever the police say don't move or freeze ....that's when everybody runs :P

That is so true. I totally lol'ed at that part.
Mar 18, 2011 6:23 AM

Sep 2010
PerlaNemesis said:
twonline said:
Hakochi said:

l

Cordelia is alive. She was seen together with Brian Roscoe in episode 8. In episode 10 he said: "Be careful with lady. She has caught cold." and then we hear someone sneeze. She definitely was in that doll.

Oh! damn, I totally forgot that.....
Mar 18, 2011 6:57 AM

Dec 2008
So, Victorique is the one responsible for Grevil's hair? He probably asked her for help on a case and as payment she forced him to wear his hair in that lame ass style.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.